[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 348
Thread images: 46

File: my hero rpg.jpg (290KB, 1200x894px) Image search: [Google]
my hero rpg.jpg
290KB, 1200x894px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Character ideas edition!

What character ideas do you have that you haven't used yet? Is it because you just haven't found a campaign that fits? Or because of chargen? Tell me about all your ideas!

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54234501
>>
>>54240608
Plenty of them, often too much to list. Let's also share fun facts we know about Pathfinder- 1pp and 3pp wise! That would be fun, yeah?

Fun Fact: the Gambler kineticist archetype has 1 more power known than all other 6th-level manifesters, discounting the Empath Medium (who doesn't actually have Powers Known until they take Expanded Knowledge). It starts play with 2 1st-level powers and ends play with 21, precisely 1 more than the Cryptic, Dread, and PsyWar have.
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (455KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
455KB, 3000x2250px
What do y'all think about the deities that made it to Starfinder core?

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljy5?Gods-of-Starfinder-Part-Two

I gotta admit, I'm starting to like Damoritosh
>>
>>54240608
I've got about a half-dozen ideas that all require a campaign with high point buy, high level (level 9-11) and ideally Gestalt. Mythic would be appreciated!

It's not really anything mechanical I need for this, I just really want to crack my creative knuckles and work on a character who's already a mover and shaker of the setting. Backstories tell the story of your character, and a high-level backstory makes me feel like a Skald.
>>
Currently open games
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/80257/wrath-of-the-righteous (Closes in 1 day)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Closes in 3 weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82996/from-the-other-end-of-heaven (Closes in 3 weeks)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82997/youre-the-village-now (Closes in 6 days)
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale (Closing in 12 days)

>Linnorm game still not posted
>FIENDISH INTRIGUE game not posted
Looks pretty loaded up in here.
>>
>>54240712
>people thought ensoulment would be the end of memegames

laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>page 7
>anime
>>
File: Osirion.jpg (160KB, 1211x875px) Image search: [Google]
Osirion.jpg
160KB, 1211x875px
Posting in the new thread since I posted the application launch in a thread that was damn near dead - Dominions of Vice: An Osirion Adventure is now recruiting players.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83053/dominions-of-vice-an-osirion-tale

Any questions, hit me up.
>>
>>54240768

Your roll20 avatar is terrifying
>>
>>54240782
Thanks
>>
>>54240782

Oh, don't be rude, anon. After all, he hasn't always been this glam. He was a drab little crab once.
>>
>>54240608
I have a few that are semi-race locked, but they're like that because the campaign in which I'd like to use them has detailed societal shit for races, so there are issues unique to certain races.

I'd like to play an Ungermaw as an ex-member of an anti-magic taskforce. I'd like to play a Half-Orc steppe horse archer. I'd like to play a noble swordsman. I'd like to play an iaijutsu practitioner. I'd like to play a Void Prophet. I have lots of mechanical things I'd like to play, and they lend themselves to certain personalities I have in mind. I'll probably never get to play most of them. Whatever.
>>
>>54240608
Not enough games and not enough time for enough games besides. I would like to play a gnome wizard who apprenticed to his father and wants to finish his deceased parent's work of trying to create a new color. Not like a new hue or shade, but an eight color for the rainbow.

>>54240712
Fiendish Intrigue was first mentioned towards the end of last thread, give it some time. I'll probably be apping for it when time comes though.

>>54240751
I know, right?

>>54240782
I think it's the crab from Moana.
>>
>>54240838
I know, I'll give it the time it needs. I need to because I'll be running it, and I hopefully want Village to be done by that time.
>>
File: IMG_1488.jpg (49KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1488.jpg
49KB, 500x299px
>12 completed apps for Iron Gods
>5 of which involve being adopted by or being apprenticed to Khonnir
>Canonically already has one adopted daughter, Val

I'm beginning to think Khonnir is the type of person who always brings stray cats home. That, or he's building some kind of weird harem

>3 girls, One aasimar, one kobold, and Val
>2 boys, one tall handsome man and one cute halfling boy with dark skin
>And a suit of armor(?)

What is this wizard up to /pfg/? Is he just anice old man that can't turn people away, or does he have some ulterior motive?
>>
>>54240966
Khonnir Baine is a good and caring daddy.
>>
>>54240966

The Local Ties trait is probably the best one, and ties the character into the AP in an extremely easy way.
>>
File: 1485556273194.jpg (43KB, 702x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485556273194.jpg
43KB, 702x960px
>>54240966
>>54241006
Tell me about Baine.
>>
>>54241006
What kind of a dad would let himself be turned into a retard by robots?
>>
>>54240966
>that filename
subtle
>>
>>54241006
But five people (or 4 and a sentient inanimate object)? All of which are attractive besides the literal suit of armor? Something's fishy here anon.

Who is this Baine? Why does he adopt the children?
>>
>>54241056
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54241058

Don't you get it, anon? He's bringing them all together so he can create the perfect focus group to try out his newest flavors of cola.
>>
>>54241058
Well, you have to understand that /pfg/ characters are always attractive, so that gives him some plausible deniability.
>>
>>54240966
Luthaya almost ended up being an apprentice to Khonnir but I decided against it in the end, under the line of logic that training in magic might help her recover her memories. I didn't like the way it felt and she's a Sorcerer, not a Wizard.

So, it could have been one more.
>>
>>54241058
Because local ties gives me the bonus to knowledge engineering which fits in best with what Cynn is all about out of the campaign traits.
>>
>character is playing dwarf cavalier that doesn't have a mount and is using Aid Another to give people +7 or +8 on their saves

Is this a legit thing? He buffed a party member's AC to like 30 by stacking this with Bodyguard.
>>
>>54241035
He's a big guy.
>>
>>54241129
yeah, depending on what said cavalier archetype is, totally possbile
>>
>>54241058
He is a dirty traitor to the technic league and a wanted criminal. He is also really badly built (5 arcane bomber/1 rogue) and a pyromaniac.
>>
>>54241094
Really makes you think.
>>
>>54241031
>>54241127
So what you're telling me is Khonnir Baine lures young children into his home with promises magic/technology lessons? And, presumably, candy?
>>
Honestly, Irongods GM should just give everyone the Technologist feat for free, its very minor power, but its basically required if you want to not suck at your job in Iron Gods.
>>
>>54240966
>>54241216

Nobody cared who he was until he became a dad...
>>
>>54241226
There's a campaign trait that basically gives it to you, so there's no need.

>>54241216
What's the name of that Daemon lord of pedophilia?
>>
>>54241253
Folca
>>
>>54241253
No there isn't, technologist is needed for characters to interact with so many things in the campaign and the feat itself does like NOTHING.

It should be given away for free, its just a tax.
>>
>>54241226

Technologist is not needed at all. To be honest the tech items are hot garbage.
>>
>>54240768
Yo can I be an avowed?
>>
>>54241283
Even more reason to give it for free
>>
>>54241283
>Normal: You treat all skill checks made against technology as if they were untrained skill checks. This may mean that you cannot attempt certain skill checks, even if you possess ranks in the skill in question.

tfw can't pick locks because no technologist
>>
>>54241284
You can apply with an Avowed, yeah. Still gotta compete with other apps, naturally.
>>
>>54241304

The AP hands out the items that let you pick tech locks like candy
>>
>>54240672
>Best waifu sarenrae is gone
Fug
>>
>>54241097
>>54241127
No, I don't believe that's all there is too it, this wizard has some kind of ulterior motive. Think about it.

>Three girls, one an attractive aasimar who would be easy to deceive, one a kobold who no one would miss if she went missing, and Val, who we know almost nothing about unless we look into the AP itself for info
>Connall, a handsome Kellid man. Depicted with a spear, a phallic symbol. Rogue, a class known for backstabbing, which could be a euphemism, and commonly called "dickass" rogues.
>Dark skinned halfling boy, exotic. Just the right height that his face would meet a human male's crotch
>And an inanimate suit of armor, brought in so that no one in town would start to suspect his motives
>All of them (except the armor, who is a decoy, and Conall, who would likely be the pitcher) have low strength, meaning they likely couldn't resist if a grown man with magic powers were to force himself on them
>With his positive reputation in Torch, it would be difficult to come forward with such information as a victim, for fear of nobody believing them.

How far does the rabbit hole go, /pfg/? Look behind the lies, you know wizards have no sense of right or wrong!
>>
>>54241355
Then once again, more reason to hand out the technologist feat at some point

Characters should be able to interact with all of their environment
>>
>>54241392
>Kobold who no one would miss if she went missing

Lets be real anon, that one is probably a willing participant. She wears a skintight bodysuit.
Who knows what other 'upgrades' her deathwolf has!?
>>
>>54241392
It's an odd feeling, slowly coming to the realisation that I will be rp-ing a survivor of child molestation.
A bit like slowly unlocking, say, repressed memories of childhood trauma.
>>
>>54241392

Get fucking Alexa Jones on this.
>>
File: 1494018228742.jpg (91KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494018228742.jpg
91KB, 800x1000px
Is there a druid archetype that focuses on Wildshape?
>>
>>54241441

Who has that one kobold image? You know, the one with the ruler and the coke can?
>>
>>54241502
Gotchu
>>
File: GENIUS.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
GENIUS.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>54240608
>A scholarly Warlock Vigilante, obviously with Jolly content, that's just having a real grand ol' time with this arcane power he's got. Seriously, this shit's great, you guys should try it.
>A mighty half-elf warrior that had a fascination with obscure magics, which led to his being an Occultist in the first place.
>A Vivesectionist Alchemist who just wants to be a good doctor, but he's NOT GOOD ENOUGH, and feels like he needs to go to greater, more extreme lengths so he can save more people.
>A complete clusterfuck of "mother-may-I's" in order to stack Scaled Fist and Master of Many Styles on an Unchained Monk, gestalted that it with a Body Pact Vigilante, with wisdom dumped as low as I can get it, all so I can, all because I wanna grapple good, and maybe combo Scarlet Throne Style with Dragon Ferocity
>while I'm unsure how much I hate myself for it, unironically a vigilante kitsune trap with maximum charisma, who fights with the Lethal Locks talent exclusively
>>
>>54241499

There's a few that provide wildshape options, but I think all of the wildshape-focused ones are pretty underwhelming.

However, there's apparently a new base class in the works that relies heavily on shapeshifting. Might keep an eye out for that one.
>>
>>54241283
But I need technologist so I can craft grenades because for some reason tech stuff has to have its own feat tree as well because FUCK YOU
>>
>>54241143
And that doesn't seem broken as fuck to do at 4th level?
>>
>>54241540

Don't waste your effort anon, the tech items are 10x the cost for one tenth the effect. Mundane guns are actually better than tech guns.
>>
>>54241523
>kitsune with lethal locks
Get the fuck off my lawn
>>
>>54241523
Damn, now I want to rework my Alchemist/Barbarian (Feral Gnasher) goblin build.
>>
>>54241526
Hmm okies. That would be nifty.
>>
>>54241547
Nah, its basically the only thing that makes the Order of the dragon good.
>>
>>54241566
It's such a fucking stupid, shitty meme, but I can't help myself. I need to know how well it competes with a real weapon
>>
>>54241559
The only ones worth getting are Grenades, they're not insanely priced, and because they're -splash- weapons they work with Throw Anything and Firebug from the Alchemist, which means they're actually pretty fucking good for me.
>>
File: Akira Renboukouji.jpg (139KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Akira Renboukouji.jpg
139KB, 850x1200px
>>54241466
>>54241466
Now there's a callback

Most wizards are pedophiles and perverts. But they ain't got shit on the druids. Neither of them have an ounce of charisma in their bodies, but the druids have these secret rituals in the woods, they call it the Druidic Grove. It's where they teach new druids their secret tongue, and bind them to the group by forcing them to partake in horrid sexual orgies with children. The shame and the taboo makes them all complicit, and thus unable to speak out about it. I have some scrying of one of these rituals that I managed to get when I was sneaking in to prove it.

Let me tell you, you see a druid with a goat head, you kill him if there's any way you can. You don't want to know why.
>>
>>54241602
What about Mesmerists?
>>
>>54240608
I played in a game as the GM's custom octopus-girl race. Combined that with Aberrant Aegis, UMonk, and Stalker to get 8 tentacle attacks, each with grab and 4d6+10 constrict. It turned on just when the campaign kinda crapped itself, so I'd kinda like to go further with the character. I actually really liked her as a character as well as the mechanical stuff I did with her. It'll never happen again, which kinda sucks, but is probably for the best.
>>
I'm terrible with Psionic powers, and I really wanna play a Gambler. I stuck all the Gambler psionic powers into a list and I wanna know which ones are good picks for a Gambler

https://pastebin.com/TvDtvi3c

>>54241632
Mesmerists will just hypnotize you into sleeping better at night and being confident enough to go talk to that cutie you wanted to talk to.

They're nice guys.
>>
>>54241521
Christ almighty.
>>
File: Worry.jpg (10KB, 192x245px) Image search: [Google]
Worry.jpg
10KB, 192x245px
>>54241441
You've got a point, and in fact that brings up another question; Why do they all want to save him? All of them, even the armor, want to rescue this man, possibly invalidating my suspicions. BUT! Remember that Khonnir is a wizard, and wizards can cast enchantment spells. What spells could a low-level wizard use to cover his tracks? Charm Person, Hypnotism, Memory Lapse, Sleep, ALL of which are level 1 wizard spells. He could do as he pleased, and either they wouldn't resist, or they wouldn't remember anything that happened.

Worse yet, if this is the case, we could even theorize that he's responsible for the kobold's choice of attire. She's exotic, small, normally acts smug and arrogant; The perfect toy for a depraved wizard to break. He uses magical suggestions to make her dress like a slut, let her flaunt her stuff and turn her nose up at others. And then, when she's under his spell, he takes her back to his Back Room and ravages her, breaking her and then ensuring that she never remembers it, just so he can do it all again.

The halfling, and his motivation to save his real father. What's been keeping him in Torch for so long if he's been meaning to get out and stage a rescue? Perhaps the wizard has been using his spells to persuade him otherwise, and lure him into the Back Room again. And for that matter, who's the machine that saved him in the first place, and why would she just leave him in front of Torch, why Torch specifically? Well I only know one person in Torch who knows how machine's work, and that would be Khonnir Baine!

But we don't know just when this horrible person strikes. Does he get them while they're young, or groom them into his little pets once they're grown? Is Connall, his gay lover, in on this whole thing, or has Khonnir been hiding it from him all along? Why does the AP give us almost no information on her? Someone, get me non-spoiler information on this girl, stat!
>>
>>54240608
So many ideas. So few chances to play them. Often it's because people don't like 3pp stuff. Or realizing that they don't quite fit the tone of this particular game. Or PF being an ass-backward pile of suck fucking hell why doesn't the Waves oracle get any spells with the water descriptor and why are there so few with the descriptor at all?! Others I'm just waiting on a DM to get around to running a game that's planned after his current campaign but worried about his style because he tends to run very gamist sessions where NPC interaction basically doesn't happen and you just run from point A to B to C to do the fights, solve the puzzle and get your goal before off to the next area.
>>
>>54241789
OBJECTION!

The kobold clearly states that she's FAR more interested in seeing if there's actually robots below the town, saving Khonnir is just a bonus!
>>
>>54241789
HOLD UP THERE'S SOMETHING VITAL I HAVE TO CHECK

>conall will +6
>Semzaya will +5
>Rashin will +4
>CYNN WILL +1

That kobold is fucking mind controlled.
>>
>>54241801
>Waves Oracle
You really, really need to step up your game, anon. And get off my lawn.
>>
>>54241386
What? Sarenrae is in the first picks, she's the Goddess of Stars.
>>
File: Disaprove.jpg (27KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
Disaprove.jpg
27KB, 247x200px
>>54241816
Of course she'd say that; That's because he programmed her to be just like that. That filthy wizard WANTS her to prioritize other things over him, otherwise there'd be no point in breaking her over and over again. The fact she considers saving him to be a bonus at all is proof of just howmany times he's broken her in; Eventually, she'll lose her mind entirely and won't be able to think about anything except the old man that comes to give her a 'treat' in the back room where he'll keep her.

>>54241854
My god, they're building resistance. Conall likely isn't under any control, meaning he's either in on the whole thing, or completely unaware of what his gay lover is doing. Semzaya and Rashin building resistances must be their subconscious' fighting back against the control, while Cynn is either too weak-willed or too far gone to build any such resistance.

And what about Rashin in particular? Let's take a look at his sheet.

>Disable Device: 3 ranks
>Escape Artist: 1 rank

I think he might be the most aware of the three. Little by little, he must be planning his escape. He's learning how to pick locks and slip bonds on the side, when Khonnir isn't looking. Notice the single dagger in his possession as well; Possibly a weapon to attack his captor after slipping his bonds?

We still need to know how much of this Conall knows about, and also, we need to know more about Val and how she fits into this. She was the first of the bunch, the Patient Zero as it were. She may be in the deepest out of them all...or, perhaps, she might be part of it as well.
>>
>>54241974
>>54241801
I WILL play a gestalt Wave Oracle//Magus with Vortex Spells some day. I swear it!
>>
>>54242057
You really, really have a lot to learn. This is below pleb-tier.
>>
>>54242082
I don't care how suboptimal the build is, gestalt is suppose to be about doing crazy things you can't normally do anyway, not just building the best campaign wrecking machine.
>>
>>54241974
For what? Realizing that the class which thematically fit an idea was trash and not playing it?

>>54242057
Sounds like such a pretty dream. I wish you luck.
>>
>>54242145
I thought gestalt was for advanced flavor while still being mechanically strong?
>>
>>54242176
Pretty much.
>>
Oh wait, Vortex Spell is from Wind, not Waves. Silly me.
>>
>>54242018
TELL ME ABOUT BAINE, WHY DOES HE FUCK THE KOBOLD
>>
>>54242251
IF I PULLED YOU OUT, WOULD SHE DIE?
>>
>>54242285
SHE WOULD BE EXTREMELY CREAMPIED.
>>
>>54240608
>Tsu in a barmaid outfit
10/10
>>
File: Questionable.jpg (13KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
Questionable.jpg
13KB, 177x278px
>>54242018
After trying to research more information on Val, I've come to the conclusion that there's almost nothing out there about her (at least, without looking into the AP itself). Khonnir has a very short entry in the Pathfinder wiki, and Val is listed as his adopted daughter, but nothing else is listed about her. So, we don't know who she is, where she came from, or what she's like.

However.

I did manage to find a statblock, which supposedly was for her. Looking into it, I could only find one social skill she has a rank in; Want to take a guess at what it was?

Intimidate.

I think Val is in on it. I think she's been entirely dominated by Khonnir, and now he uses her to kee an eye on the others, keep them in line. She's his eyes on the inside, his mole.

If he hadn't gone missing, I would say it's time to call the Numerian police. Throw the book at him, this wizard's corrupt.
>>
>>54242459
its some good shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoNjdHf6S2M
>>
>>54242514

>twf Val will never dom you while Baine takes you from behind
>>
>>54242514
You're out of control anon, you're too far down the rabbit hole, you need to stop

Khonnir Baine is a perfectly reputable wizard who just likes to teach others and help them improve themselves.
>>
>>54242527
Why does this look so much better than all the other fantasy/isekai anime that are out right now? How can a capes series like BnHA look equally appealing across multiple genres?
>>
>>54242564
Not if you don't apply to Iron Gods she won't!
>>
>>54242583

I already applied anon! I was just shit posting because I'm a horrible human.
>>
>>54242564
She's like 11 you fucking creep
>>
>>54242580
Because BnHA is basically a fresh injection of life conceptually onto the Nipland mindscape, it takes Western style heroes and looks at them from a very japanese perspective, which creates a cool cultural mishmash.

It also benefits from having EXTREMELY appealing character design and heroic themes. Those character designs are easily adapted to the fantasy setting
As you think about this, realize that Pathfinder is essentially capeshit in a fantasy setting already, capes to fantasy works pretty well.

Finally, Fantasy/Isekai anime are all shit, because Isekai is in itself, the worst cancer.
>>
>>54242627
Konosuba is the best isekai
SEASON 3 NEVER
>>
>>54242645
Well yes, because Konosuba actively makes fun of other Isekai for their shitness and embraces its own shitness unironically.
>>
File: 1498257529421.png (362KB, 493x525px) Image search: [Google]
1498257529421.png
362KB, 493x525px
>>54242645
>Konosuba is the best isekai

Only because Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari hasn't been released yet.
>>
>>54242567
That's just what he wants you to think, anon! Look at the evidence, see beyond the veil! We're breaking the conditioning! AAAAAAAGH!
>>
>>54242687
yeah I've heard shield hero is pretty ok, but it seems to take a similar not too serious stance on the whole isekai thing.
>>
>>54242687
Shieldbro is pretty nice

I should really get to finishing Mushoku Tensei though.
>>
File: The Hell.png (37KB, 660x137px) Image search: [Google]
The Hell.png
37KB, 660x137px
>>54242687
I like that shit and even I admit it's not actually a very good series
>>
>>54242514
>>54242583
>>54242598
This is all well and good but what about other waifus and husbandos in Iron Gods? Are there any more choice NPCs?
>>
>>54242746
Customizable fuckto- I mean deity.
>>
>>54242746
Anon, PCs will always be the best husbandos and waifus for other PCs.
>>
Would you rather an evil party or a good party for Iron Gods? Personally I'd like to see an evil party systematically eliminate every major source of power in Numeria just to instill their own cruel rule over the land.
>>
>>54242772
I'm sure that's not always the case.
>>
File: 1447114859776.jpg (65KB, 468x577px) Image search: [Google]
1447114859776.jpg
65KB, 468x577px
This thread is beautiful, godspeed you paranoid Baineposter.
>>
>>54242687

That's the one where the tank gets superpowers by hating everyone, right?
>>
>>54242808
Stop encouraging the abuse of my characters

God I am actually just bully bait aren't I fucking end my life.
>>
>>54242746
There's the gang leaders in scrapwall they're pretty cute.
>>
>>54242785
Lawful Evil, so they build a high tech fascist state
>>
>>54242827

Aren't they rats? Or am I mixing up my gangs?
>>
File: tate no yuusha retards.jpg (33KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
tate no yuusha retards.jpg
33KB, 500x273px
>>54242687
Only after the first arc though. Because good lord does it drag its heels through the edgefest for the first part.

Actually, how would one stat Shieldbro? I feel like it would start with a Skirnir Magus, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

>>54242809
Yup. He gets kinda better over time, but its a slow character rebuilding, much like Guts but not as well written
>>
>>54242816
I want to bend Broodie over and claim his bullyable booty!
>>
>>54242841
Rats can be cute!

But yes, her and the other one, the golem making girl!
>>
>>54242598
I think the issue is what my own DM ran into. She gets mentioned a half dozen times as a rival, cohort and even potential PC replacement but with no details. Does her stat block even show up in the first book? Because my DM had given up finding stats for her, written her up as a Wizard and introduced her to the party before he ran into her actual stats and the only mention of her age anywhere. An age that really seems like two different people worked on her fluff and crunch and never spoke to one another.
>>
>>54242816
Don't take it too hard. I'm the paranoid anon, and one of my characters is among the three supposedly being abused. I'm just having a good laugh about something I noticed (the large amount of people with connections to Khonnir) and decided to spin into something silly.
>>
>>54242816
What's wrong with bullying your character?
>>
>>54242882
>Khonnir
>tfw read that as kormir
>>
>>54242892
Nothing, It just keeps happening.

I think I just have to accept that I -am- bully bait.
>>
>>54242927
Keeps happening? What other characters have you made? And which character in Iron Gods are you applying with?
>>
>>54242927
I want to make love to Broodie!
>>
Say you had a character at level 8, and were given the choice of going Gestalt. The way it would work would be that you buy the level to get it in your gestalt track, or you save to continue your normal class.

The gestalt track is on Fast progression until level 5, then normal progression. Both tracks are on normal until 10, then slow after that.

Assuming you're going to be fighting appropriate difficulty either way, would you go gestalt?
>>
>>54242983
>using xp
>>
>>54242954
I made Cynn, i also made Aoife and Rinka (and HV shizuka but people don't really know that game)

>>54242971
>>54242851
please don't do this.
>>
>>54242998
Rinka sounds cute when the thread talks about her. Is she cute to play?
>>
>>54243008
I have a lot of fun, she's very over the top and her strangeness plays well with the party.
>>
Anyone got the Host of Heroes Aegis PDF?
>>
>>54243017
That's really great. Which character is your favorite for her to interact with and why?
>>
>>54243017

That's nice. Now and again, I have a character idea that sounds great, but the more I play it, the less I enjoy it. Glad to hear that's not the case for you.
>>
>>54242983
So you can either turn your upcoming levels into gestalt, working up the second track from level 1 but it's going to always lag a little bit, or just advance normally?

Honestly I'd probably keep going normal class levels, the gestalt isn't going to catch up enough to help for a loooong time, won't advance feats or other features and is generally a sort of nice thing maybe but not worth delaying progression for. Maybe work up through gestalt later if still an option, but it's not a great one in the situation you proposed.
>>
>>54242998
RIP HV
>>
>>54242998
>please don't do this.
At least not both at the same time. Arrange a schedule or something.
>>
File: Hello salt my old friend.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hello salt my old friend.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
Hey guys, I have something I need to talk to you guys about, and I need some earnest adivce.

So, I've been sitting through all this memegame hullabaloo ever since the original RotJR first advertised and we had the long age of thirsty app creation. Now, Whenever I see and read these memegames, I always want to at least try to make a character, but each time I end up stopping part way due to realizing my schedule would never fit it. However in spite of that, chargen is my favorite aspect of Pathfinder, and I absolutely love making characters, but I always feel discouraged ue to knowing I'll never play them.

So, I've been furnishing an idea. What if I could make a character, but at the same time set them up for "rent" for lack of a better term, and allow other people who show an interest in the characters to play them instead. That way, I'll still have the chance to make a chracter, and said character would still have a chance or opportunity to potentially see use and play, and not be just a pointless pieces of numbers and words that will never see the light of day.

Do any of you think this is a good idea, or no? Further, how and where should I keep these characters that I'll make in order to be more easily able to share them?
>>
>>54243030
Honestly they're all great because the party is really varied in personality, hard to pick out a favorite. Mei is especially cute though because he really doesn't -get- her Chuuni act, while others accept it, ignore it, or outright play into it.
>>
>>54243060

Funny, this reminds me of the time some random guy on R20 "applied" to play as someone else's character.

If you're comfortable drawing up characters for random people to play, I imagine you'll get some takers. Maybe a pastebin or something?
>>
>>54242998
Ah, sorry Broodie. Didn't mean to bully, but the low will save and haughty attitude just led to where it did. For what it's worth, Rashin is just as much bully bait himself. Small size and 8 Strength means he's not fending anybody off.
>>
File: thefoxes.png (657KB, 1000x724px) Image search: [Google]
thefoxes.png
657KB, 1000x724px
>>54243060

Will you make a generic big titty foxgirl that anyone can "rent" for a game?

It'd be a pretty common archetype!
>>
>>54243103
Its fine dude
>>
>>54243095
I guess Pastebin could work, though I imagine it would still feel hard to try to advertise it for different games.

>>54243111
There is not a single word in that entire post that I didn't hate.
>>
>>54243111
You know, I think we really need something like a PLD Living Lewd Game to soak up all this thirst

Just, everyone makes a level one and they can RP and fuck each other. Have a few people as sanctioned loot givers. Doing a good scene means they advance a level and get some loot. You can track your sheet and roll the dice if you want, but it's there for the fucking.
>>
>>54243048
You make good points. At the least I should probably give feats and ability increases from the gestalt track.
>>
File: 1496862577819.png (896KB, 1541x1737px) Image search: [Google]
1496862577819.png
896KB, 1541x1737px
>>54242843
>Sworn Protector (Warder)
>Cleric (Protection domain)
>Wild Talents for poison tolerance and animal charisma
>Brew Potion, Craft Wondrous Item, Leadership
>Arcane Bond: Shield

The New Seven Sins series lets him add Alchemist class features.
>>
>>54243044
I mean it helps that due to me being an idiot her build is extremely straightforward, so I get to focus a lot on RP
>>
>>54243144

Does R20 allow advertisements for things other than games?
>>
>>54243147
Has anyone tried bullying Protag into hosting a lewd game yet?
>>
I want my water-balloon-throwing fighter to be able to deal the same damage as a longbow-shooting fighter. Why does Pathfinder have trap options for some ranged characters?
>>
>>54243251
Wait for Starfinder, play Envoy.

Get Spacetube views and XP
>>
>>54243056
No! I want to use teamwork feats to bully the Brood.
>>
>>54243075
I like that. I bet it's fun to RP with them. Excited about Rinka's next session?
>>
>>54243266
Do I get Double XP for drinking a sponsored energy drink while doing it?
>>
>>54243240
I want to seduce Protag!
>>
>>54243294
Yes. She has a cat now. Its name is Fafnir. She claims it contains the soul of the DHARRK DAEMON DRRAHGON FAFFHNUR!(always said in poorly spoken draconic)
>>
>>54243147
I want to give my loot to handsome hunks!
>>
>>54243282
>>54243056
Seriously please don't do this shit in the thread.
>>
>>54243060
please god yes
I'm so horrific at chargen
>>
>>54243321
Listen here you little shit, it's not Fafnir, it's FAFNHEIR. Stop culturally appropriating proud Ulfen tradition.
>>
>>54243321

>The Rat in the Hat Gets Her a Cat

I'm liking this new development.
>>
>>54243378
Its black, it completes her witchly aesthetic.

But she -only- wants it because it is a familiar that will increase her power because of the evil dragon soul it -obviously- carries within it.

>>54243370
shut up Rory >:I
>>
>>54243406
>>54243321

You two have a discord for talking about your characters.
>>
File: 1497025553745.png (678KB, 1015x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497025553745.png
678KB, 1015x1200px
>tfw not playing a dancing slut who fights with her stilettos
>tfw not getting mounted like a bitch in heat afterwards
>tfw no party is passing me around like a cumrag
>>
>>54243415
If someone was asking me in the discord, I'd talk to them in the discord, Rory clearly isn't the one asking me about Rinka here.
>>
>>54243321
That sounds wonderful.
Do you think she'll ever settle down with a nice guy, or is adventure her calling forever more?
>>
>>54243424

Please put a trip on so I can filter you
>>
>>54243418
I want to apply to a game as this. Which game should I do it to?
>>
>>54243432
Nah.

>>54243429
Uh. Yeah. I think her settling down is a thing.
>>
>>54243147
Somebody just needs to make a room for level 11 50 PB gestalt mythic hero points fucking. 3pp allowed, obviously.
>>
>>54243440
Brawler/wildcat monk using the Stiletto heels from AA2
>>
>>54243418
PM THEM
I don't even care who, just pick someone and get it out of your system.
>>
>>54243418
Someday, friend. Someday.
>>
>>54243445

Hard to believe you've surpassed Rory in being annoying, but here it is.
>>
>>54243445
Oh yeah? Any likely candidates yet?
>>
>>54243470
Yeah and i'd rather end that discussion here.

>>54243469
I'd like to thank the academy.
>>
File: Kaine Nier.jpg (140KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine Nier.jpg
140KB, 850x1202px
>>54243461
tuesday
>>
File: PM Them.jpg (296KB, 700x2356px) Image search: [Google]
PM Them.jpg
296KB, 700x2356px
>>54243460
Even John Wick advises you to PM THEM.
>>
>>54243490
hopefully anyways
>>
>>54243458
But which game do I apply to as a sultry and sassy dancer?
>>
>>54243418
App to one of the lewd games then.
>>
File: HEART PUPIL.png (268KB, 849x730px) Image search: [Google]
HEART PUPIL.png
268KB, 849x730px
>>54242018
>Kobold too far gone

Hold on a tic.

ENHANCE

ENNHAAANNCEE

YOUR HONOR THOSE ARE -CLEARLY- HEART PUPILS
>>
>>54243539
Where's the source for her picture, anyways?
>>
>>54243547
Kanelfa
>>
File: COFFEEINTENSIFIES.gif (675KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
COFFEEINTENSIFIES.gif
675KB, 480x270px
>>54243539
By GOD it's as I feared!

Get the judge, this wizard has no sense of right or wrong! Khonnir Baine is a horrible scumbag, just as I predicted!
>>
>>54243561
Thank you.
>>
>>54243577
Case fucking closed boys.
>>
>>54243490
>>54243503
Doubtful. Our mutual "friend" doesn't cotton to your style.

Apply to Iron Gods instead.
>>
>>54243504
That Osirion one seems like the crew of burly men could use a sensual, sultry thing to admire and mount at their leisure, she'd also work for Land of the Linnorm Kings when that comes out.
>>
>>54243617
I adore the idea of being the Osirion stress reliever. This is the game plan.
>>
>>54243539
Are hearts V shapes now?
>>
>>54243601
I only know two other people who apped.
>>
File: 1441303530671.png (275KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1441303530671.png
275KB, 1200x900px
Wait, what's this I'm hearing about a Kobold? Someone catch me up to speed
>>
>>54243646
Broodie made a kobold for Iron Gods

The thread is joking that its very suspicious that so many attractive people have ties to Baine.
>>
File: not rape.jpg (14KB, 133x229px) Image search: [Google]
not rape.jpg
14KB, 133x229px
>>54243577
Objection your honor.

Heart pupils are a clear indication of not rape, any lawyer worth their salt knows that.
>>
>>54243646
>>54243655

I don't even understand what the fuck the art is supposed to be. It sure as hell doesn't look like a kobold. Even if I just accept it's cropped porn I still can't figure out what the picture is supposed to be
>>
>>54243665
I could link you to the full images but it is NSFW
>>
>>54241058
>besides the literal suit of armor.

I dunno. Sallet probably likes getting polished
>>
>>54243687

Proper maintenance is always important.
>>
File: Alch Kobold 2.png (108KB, 542x542px) Image search: [Google]
Alch Kobold 2.png
108KB, 542x542px
>>54243665
You're right, I just swapped the picture to this, clearer overall
>>
>>54243727
Is this a kobold from the Demesne?
>>
>>54243727
That's the face of a girl who takes wizard dick on the daily
>>
>>54243727

This at least makes sense. I can respect being a porny monster girl.
>>
>>54243727
What part of that says "kobold" exactly
>>
>>54243751

probably not. Tail is too long.
>>
>>54243751
I've never clarified her origins and don't intend to, she could be!

>>54243758
Well you see

>I say so

>>54243757
yeah it looks better, cleaner picture of the character
>>
File: 51cbfa1a9f86e9ae521b87e7c3e03516.png (387KB, 1081x1100px) Image search: [Google]
51cbfa1a9f86e9ae521b87e7c3e03516.png
387KB, 1081x1100px
>>54243758

same part as this
>>
So next up is applying with an Alfie halfing I guess.
>>
>>54243685
Not the guy you responded to, but now I want to see it.
>>
>>54243801
http://kanelfa.tumblr.com/post/159948500198/spicy-dragon-a-design-i-was-planning-to-sell-but#notes

but yeah nsfw n shit
>>
>>54243778
Lameeka is thicc and lovely
>>
File: b5f.jpg (44KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
b5f.jpg
44KB, 600x589px
>>54243822
>>
File: Sallet.jpg (83KB, 550x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Sallet.jpg
83KB, 550x1075px
>>54243687
>>54243719

This is an armor that is pure decoration
>>
>>54243868
Yeah, that armor needs to be polished, often.
>>
File: 1488598539280.jpg (385KB, 824x792px) Image search: [Google]
1488598539280.jpg
385KB, 824x792px
>>54243665
>Look at the app, hoping for Kobold goodness
>the art isn't a fucking Kobold, its a Tiefling at best
>App is some cringy as fuck RP
>It appears to be the most annoying form of CN
This is the absolute fastest I've ever lost a boner. Fucking seriously Broodie? You used to be good at making fun characters, Rinka was my favorite app for RotJR back in the day for crying out loud! This is just overdone shit and complete trash. Seriously, get your shit together
>>
>>54244056
Get the fuck out with your snout shit, you fucking scaly nerd.
>>
>>54244081
IF IT HAS A SNOUT

YOU MUST PULL OUT
>>
>>54244056
But I like her. This is the personality that fit as I built her. Sue me.
>>
>>54244056
How do you do CN right?
>>
>>54244056

I agree but good luck with the cabal up your ass now.
>>
>>54244106
/shrug

if you don't like my character thats Just fine, I hope you have good luck and good times
>>
>>54244056
>It appears to be the most annoying form of CN
This is the only point I disagree with. What makes you say this?
>>
>>54244140
I don't even know what the 'worst kind of CN' is out of LOL SO RANDUMB NO MORALS.

For any faults you can see with Broodie's char, thats not one of them, she has a pretty well defined goal in her robot dealio.
>>
>>54244056
>, Rinka was my favorite
Don't really get how you can like Rinka, but not like this. They seem to be the same character with a different gimmick/persona.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf or a link to the original playtest medium?
My googlemancy is weak and I haven't been able to find it anywhere, it's not on Paizo's site anymore either.
>>
>>54244247
I think people don't like my first person RP apping thing i'm doing lately.

Personally I enjoy it a lot more than writing backstories (which I despise), and i think it gives people a lot clearer view of someone's personality.

Honestly, if you like Rinka, but hate this, I'm really confused, because I RP Rinka Chuuni as all fucking hell.
>>
One day Broodie will make a kobold that actually looks like a kobold.

One day.
>>
>>54244306
Sources point to 'unlikely'
>>
File: Its not wat.jpg (113KB, 638x630px) Image search: [Google]
Its not wat.jpg
113KB, 638x630px
>>54243662
>>54243577
Then there's the XS version.
>>
>>54244306
Why would *anyone* from this fucking general make a monster race that looks like a monster?
>>
>>54244278
I gotchu senpai

https://mega.nz/#!hXBlCTRA!f3vG3Cku3HGsikSy9vNBPmoymTob6mwI_o4h6dJdEew

For future searching: This is the Occult Adventures Playtest PDF, with the Harrow Medium or Playtest Medium.
>>
>>54244330
There's the spider.
>>
>>54244330
I'd fucking love a monstrous looking race. Especially plant or insect.
>>
>>54244306
I think broodie would be lucky enough to escape this downward spiral of shit characters. maybe his good ones were flukes?
>>
>>54244415

Being forced to write out backgrounds in the typical PFG way masks a lot of what makes shitty players shitty. If someone spends enough time they can polish up a shit to look pretty good. Especially when you consider many of these apps are collaborative works between friends who help each other out and edit.
>>
>>54244446
Man this is so true. Playing with people that had stellar apps and they're just junky as shit players.
>>
>>54244415
>>54244446
Who writes a bunch of shitty apps on a consistent basis?
>>
>>54244446
That's part of why I stopped doing it, I can't stand it. If you hated my role playing style why should I fool you with a long fucking backstory about Rinka that -doesn't really matter-

>>54244487
Me now I guess
>>
>>54244487

I tend to just look at the pictures and skim a few words. Succ makes a lot of crappy apps but most of them are jokes. I don't really like joke apps but I can't say they're overly offensive, personal preference I guess.
>>
>>54244487
Someone is going to namedrop me.
>>
If a person with darkvision had their eyes obstructed with a thin cloth or dark lenses, would he still be able to see the environment around them?
>>
>>54244501
I'll get you when you least expect it and give you a big smooch!
>>
>>54244522
For the former no, for the latter yes (as long as it's not actually opaque).
>>
>>54244522
Nope, probably not. What little they could see through the dimmer would be nice and clear, but there's not enough light coming in to build a proper singular well lit image instead of a compound.
>>
>>54244446
You're honestly not gonna find a lot of what makes a shit person shit just from backstory or an app. That comes from you know, playing the game.

I'd take someone who has a good attitude towards the game over someone who can write masterful prose any day.
>>
>>54244547

Sadly that's hard to parse out of apps. At least the apps that are well put together show effort.
>>
>>54244522
There's actually a sunglasses item somewhere in pf, prevents light sensitivity/blindness but are also pricey enough to wait a few levels before nabbing.
>>
>>54244633
Lenses of darkness!
>>
>>54244481
Some days I worry about this, then I remember my app was actually trash despite it getting me a game, so I worry even more.
>>
>>54244639
That's it!

Also holy shit 12k gp?!

Maybe I was thinking of something else, the price I recall was more like 500 gp. You know, silly expensive for sunglasses, but not something you have to wait until mid-game to afford.
>>
>>54244683
That was 3.5
>>
>>54244682
I feel ya, man. Sometimes, I just outright give up on an app due to dissatisfaction.
>>
>>54244481
Somewhere out there must be an anon that puts out shit apps but is secretly an amazing player.
>>
>>54244699
Well damn.
>>
File: 1434565497254.jpg (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1434565497254.jpg
148KB, 500x500px
>>54244707
>no idea if I take too long ago for shit and overthink everything
>feel like I'm just a long strong of bad decisions feeding into more bad decisions
>always worried about trying to consistently play the character instead of just playing myself
>scared of going too far, but still feel like I'm not being proactive enough

Hello darkness
>>
>>54244715
God this thought hurts even more than people with good apps that suck as players
>>
>>54244753
Are you me, dude? This is how I feel every game session.
>>
>>54244707
I do this -constantly-
>>54244756
Doesn't it? I kind of hate the app system for a lot of reasons.
>>
>>54244770
>I kind of hate the app system for a lot of reasons.

I mean, it's not like there's a workable alternative.
>>
>>54244782
Sure there is, FCFS
Its ballsy as fuck, but it can work.
>>
>>54240608
I have a few ideas I want to make, but since I'm male it's awkward to play them

>An incredibly gaudy woman who with a gold elemental ancestor who needs to eat about 1 gp worth of gold dust, leaf or foil a day to survive. She can turn anything she touches (including air, flesh or even herself) to what looks like gold, but it's actually worthless pyrite
>Alternatively the same girl but she can change anything's inertia (not just mass, but resistance to change)
>Another girl who can cast visual-only illusion spells (shadow conjuration is allowed) with her raw physical strength rather than a mental stat
>>
>>54244804

FCFS would mean every game would be 2hu Broodie Tuvarkz and Succ
>>
>>54244804
With the current system, you're at least guaranteed to get people who can write.
>>
>>54244817
That would be fucking hilarious and you know it.
>>
>>54244817
There was a FCFS RoW game and it's been going quietly for a while.
>>
>>54244822

Not true, currently in a game with one person who makes regular spelling mistakes. I'm not even sure they actually know English.
>>
>>54244817
2hu can't play on Roll20 right?
>>
>>54244817
I mean, speaking -as- broodie, if a game was FCFS i'd probably be less willing to just jump in, the apps system, awkward as it is, gives me a lot of leeway to just make characters and throw them, knowing my shit availability won't get me into most.
>>
>>54244804
I've been a first come first serve group with some dudes from /pfg/ for like two years now, and for the most part they've been pretty alright. Had to weed out some shitters, mostly for incredibly obnoxious OOC behavior
>>
>>54244851
I feel ya. Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't app so quickly.
>>
>>54244902
me either dude, thats why I deleted Diarmuid so quickly
>>
When calculating the crafted cost of an item, how do non magical upgrades factor in? Like the weapon upgrades from AA2? Are they discounted as well?
>>
>>54245004
You add up all the mundane costs at full value, then add enchantments on top of that. So a +1 longsword with two upgrades is 15 gp for the sword, plus 300 for masterwork, plus the cost of each upgrade, plus 2000 for the +1.
>>
>>54241058
Obviously he's secretly Zordon...
>>
>>54245075

So weapon upgrades can be crafted at 1/3 cost as normal?
>>
File: SJPD.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
SJPD.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54245204
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QTjmc9RGs8
>>
File: White Mage.jpg (63KB, 380x700px) Image search: [Google]
White Mage.jpg
63KB, 380x700px
Right, so, my party is full of my idiot friends that turn off their brains when gaming. What class would be my best bet for bailing them out of the stupid situations they're inevitably going to get themselves into?

3pp unavailable; the GM doesn't like it.
>>
>>54245204
I NEED 5 TEENAGERS WITH ATTITUDE

>a kobold, an aasimar, a handsome guy, a halfling guy, and a literal suit of armor.

yeah that'll work
>>
>>54245242
wizard
>>
>>54245242
Bard, you can talk your way out, heal them, bail them out of death with things like saving finale, and buff them so they're less likely to die.
>>
File: 2013-12-30.jpg (380KB, 650x943px) Image search: [Google]
2013-12-30.jpg
380KB, 650x943px
>>54245268
>>
>>54245282
Bard is definitely looking likely, then. Thank you. I wish I didn't have to do this sort of thing to keep them screwing themselves over, but they're good friends otherwise.
>>
>>54240608

>Frog girl still best girl

10/10 faithful adaptation
>>
>>54245339
Honestly, Pinky's growing on me. She might be a close runner-up soon.
>>
Does the vulnerability to silver/cold iron applies with mearly touching things made of that material or do you have to stab with it?
>>
>>54245428
I would say it has to be damage unless there's some other thing specified about the creature touching it

You might roleplay the touching of the metal to be very uncomfortable for the creature
>>
File: 1497558963622.jpg (289KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
1497558963622.jpg
289KB, 1280x851px
>tfw Linnorm-san bamboozled us
>>
>>54245573
I expected a bamboozle from the start.

Does that mean I wasn't bamboozled?
>>
>>54245573
You got, what, four meme games in his stead?
>>
>>54245605
>tuvshit game
>Iron meme
>Kawase's 50pb nonsense
>Voice game
>literally who game
Great man.
>>
>>54245648
Go run it yourself lmao
>>
>>54245648
>Everyone forgets Wist's game

Though that might have been the biggest meme of the bunch.
>>
>>54245683
Isn't Wist's closed already?
>>
>>54245683
I want to seduce Wist away from QANON. How do I succeed?
>>
>>54245696
First, you seduce the QANON.
>>
>>54245707
That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>54245688
>Apps are now soft closed!
>TL note: Soft closed means if you have an app 80% done I won't stop you from submitting it, just that your chances shrink more and more the later you are past this line.

So if you make the perfect Mr Darcy Manticore app suited to her tastes you might still have your chance.
>>
>>54245683
it looked boring
>>
>>54240672
>Lawful Neutral
>free trade
kek
>>
>>54245719
Darcy Manticore is a busta, straight busta
>>
>>54240672
>I gotta admit, I'm starting to like Damoritosh
Why the fuck is he Lawful Evil, though? He reads like textbook neutral.
>>
>>54245719
It seems like a lot of people missed the otome memo so I think a decent late app would have a really good shot.
>>
>>54245696
You don't, because it ain't worth it. Why would you want her? I mean, Wist's nice, but she's honestly not really relationship material.
>>
File: 1478227583044.png (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478227583044.png
4MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>54245770
I think Wist is simply irresistible
>>
File: 1499433177050.png (4MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499433177050.png
4MB, 1280x720px
>>54245784
>>
>>54245773
What do you know that I don't, Anon?
>>
>>54245773
Are you having a bad night Wist?
>>
>>54245400

Pinky is best second.
>>
>>54245784
>>54245787
FUCK OFF BACKSTABBING WHORE
>>
>>54245822
Elves never do anything wrong, it's impossible.
>>
>>54245812
Isn't Nightwist a symphonic metal band
>>
>>54245835
I saw them in concert a few times. The keyboardist was just chugging wine out of a fucking bottle.
>>
>>54245829

Queen Ellesime.
>>
>>54245829
>semiramis
>literaly the original backstabbing whore
>An elf
>>
>>54245784
>>54245787
Wow, the new Witch of Steel Annerose OVA has a much higher budget than the last one.
>>
>>54245858
Semiramis did nothing wrong.
>>
How would you simulate how cumbersome are real Greatswords? What about Polearms?
>>
>>54246007
They're not actually cumbersome in a fight, and there's already the reach penalty. Otherwise you'd have to go for something like Song of Swords, which has gradual penalties for fighting at non-optimal range.
>>
>>54246007
Weapons aren't cumbersome in a fight, only outside of one. Hence, encumbrance rules.
>>
File: Greatsword pose.png (2MB, 1239x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Greatsword pose.png
2MB, 1239x2100px
>>54246007
You know, this pisses me off.Tthe idea that longswords, zweihanders, and similar weapons are clumsy and heavy is a renaissance invention, because these noodle-armed duelists with rapiers (wielded almost entirely with the hand and wrist) picked up the swords and tried to apply rapier fencing to them, which doesn't work because these sorts of weapons are meant to use the entire upper body.

Here's the thing; weapons as a general rule are not cumbersome. If they are, the person using it is going to die the moment he swings because he opponent will step aside and then stab him before he can recover. It's like fat rolling in Dark Souls; you just don't do it, because you WILL be killed if you do it, because you're constantly leaving yourself vulnerable.

But these weapons were used. You don't use slow-ass, impossible to wield weapons. Therefore the designs for them weren't cumbersome.
>>
>>54246282
>renaissance invention
>you know, when zweihanders became an actual thing because of full plate armor making shields obselete
>this is when we started insulting two-handers which were basically never used before
What are you smoking?
>>
>>54246309
My timeframe is a little off then; It's been a while and I'm a weapons nerd, not a history buff.

Every other point is correct though, I know that.
>>
>>54246321
Rapiers aren't used with the hand and wrist; at least, not rapiers meant for battle, which were designed essentially as very thin piercing swords to deal with transition armor that weren't quite full plate but more or less immune to normal weapons anyway. At the same time, I believe the original person meant 'cumbersome' as in 'it's bad to not have a sidearm'.
>>
>>54246007
Polearms were relatively agile, and versatile as fuck. The only real issue of their weight was fatigue; if you were going to fight six hours in the mud, you were gonna fucking feel that glaive after a while.

However, while your energy holds out? You've got a weapon capable of multiple angles and methods of attack, with rapidly adjustable reach.

The rear-end was generally capped or even spiked so as to offer even more avenues of attack, so that the only way you got "into" a polearm's range - no matter what the reach rules of pathfinder try to claim - was to fucking grapple the wielder, at which point it was time for daggers and teeth for all involved.

If you want to simulate how cumbersome Polearms are in pathfinder?

REMOVE THE INNER-REACH PENALTY.
>>
>>54246334
They were not merely piercing swords. Rapiers were not foils; while they were built to punch through chain and thick cloth with a good amount of power behind them, they also had excellent cutting edges
>>
File: schlecten-kreig.jpg (186KB, 778x598px) Image search: [Google]
schlecten-kreig.jpg
186KB, 778x598px
>>54246353
>at which point it was time for daggers and teeth for all involved.
Medieval warfare often got incredibly nasty.
>>
>>54246371
True, but the idea behind them was to be a foil that could also be a sword (or a sword that became foil-y).

>>54246372
There's a reason it was called the Bad War. It wasn't fun.

>>54246353
Generally speaking, a polearm is and was superior to all other melee weapons. Swordfags can cry a river.
>>
So why don't Alchemists just get Infusion and precise bombs for free?
>>
>>54246372
War. War never changes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpZfCcr0ohg&t=578s

How does this guy have 9 rounds of rage at first level?
>>
>>54246617
16 con+Berserker of the society
>>
Whats a good enough AC for a 5th level char? and for a 8th level one? Is there a formula to know it at everylevel?
>>
>>54246641
Depends on your GM, your build, your role, and the charop rules.
>>
>>54246641
you can just google it to find the average attack bonuses of any given CR, but there's enough variance that you won't really have a perfect idea of "good enough" AC.

Upper or mid 20s should be good for a 5th level character, but your better defense is a good offense. High initiative, a high attack bonus, and high damage--or better yet, a method of attacking that doesn't put you in range of an enemy.

At higher levels, you're better served by beefing up your saves and hit points rather than trying to keep your AC high. Not to say you should neglect it, but by that point you're going to get hit anyway if something wants to hit you.
>>
>>54246633
Well he has 12 con, and then 16 con after rage, and there isn't anything in the rules that states that the extra con you get during a rage goes towards extra rounds of rage.

And besides, if that were true he'd have 10 rounds of rage and not 9
>>
>>54246641
In general, a frontliner wants their level +15 or so in armor class, so at level 5 you want 20 AC to be reasonable, or 23 at level 8.

This doesn't cover everything, but it should be enough to keep you alive in most circumstances. However, due to the fact that AC scaling is ass, and that death is the hardest CC, you should focus more on making sure the target doesn't get a chance to injure you in the first place.
>>
>>54246633
He's an UCBarbarian. No CON bonus there.
>>
>>54246805
>>54246816
well 12 con + berserker of the society gets him to 8 regardless, if he's a Dwarf or another race with a similar FCB, that gives him an extra round of rage per day, which would get him to 9
>>
>>54246826
>if he's a Dwarf or another race with a similar FCB
Literally a human in the video.
Humans have a shit and useless Barbarian FCB.
>>
>>54246835
>Humans have a shit and useless Barbarian FCB.
Not if you go for the Superstitious bonus. It's not hard to get an absolutely ridiculous set of saves as a human barbarian
>>
Human Barbarian Favored Class Bonus: Add a +½ bonus to trap sense or +⅓ to the bonus from the superstition rage power.

Also there doesn't seem to be any differences between the number of rounds you get to rage with barb and unchained barb
>>
>>54246835
Its probably just a mistake then, from everything I see it should be 8 instead of 9
>>
>>54246846
Also in the video he explicitly doesn't take the FCB and takes the extra 1 HP
>>
2d6+13 damage at level 1 tho

You can pretty much say goodbye to long drawn out tier 1-3 PFS games
>>
>>54246885
Its honestly not that impressive, its just a bog standard 20 strength barbarian build
>>
>>54246893
Any idea what archetypes aren't complete shit?
>>
>>54246908
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1plVgdYb5KYxtXiysgd_pzdK-37PCmz2u9VzpuvNPDdo/edit

better source than me my dude
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>54247042
>>
>>54246282
>Greatsword pose
That's definitely an axe my dude
Thread posts: 348
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.