[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /tg/. I'm pretty new to painting, and am looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 0709172009.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
0709172009.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
hey /tg/. I'm pretty new to painting, and am looking to improve. Aside for the obvious, "thin your paints", what do you guys see that i could do better? Thanks.
>>
>>54240195
Flip your phone.
>>
>>54240207
i realize this now
>>
>>54240195
Highlights, i like to glaze over the top edges of armor plates with lighter colors and finish with an edge , and hit my golds with some stormhkst silver
>>
>>54240195
Drybrush or edge the armor with a lighter blue to give it a little more definition and wear. Wash it after.
>>
>>54240195

This is a pretty good first attempt. The only thing you should worry about for now is painting solid colors a bit better, as you can see some splotchy parts where the black is showing through, such as on the fist and boots. In addition to painting over the surfaces an extra time or two to get more solid colors, practice getting the colors perfectly in the lines. It's already pretty neat, but you can see some spots like on the wings and chains where you either went a tiny bit over the line, or were scared of going over the line so didn't completely color in the details.

Smooth, solid layers from thinned paints and multiple layers, in addition to painting exactly within the edges of each detail is 90% of a good paintjob, as it will perform the foundation for all other advanced techniques to be applied over it.

You already have some decent highlights on the ab armor so keep at it.
>>
Off to a good start, outside of what the others said I'd recommend buying some sanding sticks or glue sandpaper to a popsicle stick/similar small flat thing to clean off your sprue remnants, also investing in a sprue clipper to get small parts off without fear of damaging them
>>
what blue is this?
>>
>>54244780

Conquistador Blue
>>
>>54244814
it's very covfefe
>>
>>54240195
No bad at all. The eye lenses could be better but it's still pretry good. You used Duncan's tutorials? If not, do watch them, as many as you can.

Also, post on the wip threads, that's what they are for.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.