[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of running a superhero themed game with some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

I'm thinking of running a superhero themed game with some friends, but I want to give them completely randomised powers (it makes sense with the lore).

What are some really obscure or strange or downright "useless" superpowers that I can add to the list?
>>
File: 19dy8bvd3s2fjjpg.jpg (259KB, 970x851px) Image search: [Google]
19dy8bvd3s2fjjpg.jpg
259KB, 970x851px
This comes to mind as an amusing method to select their powers.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

If you want to narrow it down, you could write up a short list and then make them roll for certain powers.
>>
>>54234720
>You can fit through any space you can put your head through
> Your tongue can extend twice your body length
> You never become tired. Fatigue is foreign to you.
>You are the least interesting thing in a given room. Stealth is incredibly easy as your enemies simply ignore you.
> Your body is insanely flexible and you have hundreds of extra joints. You can whip around like a noodle man and your fingers curl and twist like tentacles.
> You can leap the length of a football field in a single bound
> You have the ability to spit inky black smoke into an obscuring cloud.
> You have powerful eyes. No substance can blind you and you can see in total darkness as well as a fully lit room. You sleep with your eyes open.
>Your hair is sensitive enough to sense vibrations and air currents, allowing you to form a mental map of entities in your surroundings so long as they are moving. Haircuts are painful.
> You are an extremely competent tracker, and can track a scent more quickly and effectively than the best bloodhound.
>You can breathe anywhere, anytime. Water and poisonous gas mean nothing to you.
>You have a lateral line like a fish, muscles coiled like spring, and the acrobatic abilities of a grasshopper. Your reflexes make you very difficult to hit.
>You have developed a turtle-like shell around your torso. You can curl yourself up in it to defend yourself or just have a nap.
>You heal immediately from any cut or stab would inflicted on you. Slicing you is like trying to cut water.
>You are always in your right mind. You cannot be mind controlled, drugged, or charmed and are immune to mental fuckery.
>You are super mobile. You can walk on air, walk through walls, walk on ceilings, walk on water...
>You are venomous, like a viper or cobra.
>You can photosynthesize and nourish yourself with the power of the sun.
>>
>>54234894
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Infertility_Inducement
>>
>>54234720
RIP fence eater guy
>>
>>54235563
>You are the least interesting thing in a given room. Stealth is incredibly easy as your enemies simply ignore you.

I already had one very similar to this that I'm in love with, but I called it "psychoinvisibility". People still see you but they just assume you're supposed to be there.

There is a plus side and a negative to this - if you break into a prison for example, the guards might assume you're meant to be there because you're a guard, or they might assume you're meant to be there in prison.
>>
>>54234894
Maybe a few years ago, that site would have worked fine, but currently, 90% of the pages boil down to either "incredibly way-too specific power--Possessed by: A Touhou character" or "Unstoppable god power #2241-B--Possessed by: A VN antagonist."
>>
>>54235659
on the flipside though, if you can escape from a tight situation... well that's it
It's like you're a fucking video game character
>>
>>54234720
I liked some of the powers of the GLA

Big Bertha (who could increase her body's fat reserves, making her increase in girth) and Doorman (he teleported people from one side of a wall to the other, using his body as the portal) specifically.
>>
here are some powers my players came up with, it took a lot of workshoping, since most of the powers started out very vague or op.

Mr.Perfect- he can set a goal and his vison tints blue whenever he is taking an action thats putting him on track towards his goal, the more variables there are the less reliable the power gets, hacking a computer or tracking someone a few miles is easy, curing world hunger is impossible.

Southpaw- He has unheard of levels of strength, speed and dexterity but only in his left arm, he can catch bullets out of the air and finger flick hard enough to send people flying with the air pressure.

cuttergirl- she has powerful regeneration, the flesh she uses to regenerate always comes from the last person she touched, her MO is to touch you then threaten to start cutting off chunks of herself unless you surrender, if she needs more flesh than you've got her power goes for the person who was second in line.
>>
>>54234720
http://jojo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Stands
>put zippers on anything
>make anything soft
>poke a hole in any object and deflate it
>turn body into string
>>
File: 1551397_original.jpg (155KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1551397_original.jpg
155KB, 650x1000px
have you read Dial H? The comic is about that, there is a guy who has the power to set stuff of fire by insulting it, his name is Trashtalk and that is just the top of the iceberg, pic related is the best issue
>>
>>54236218

I don't care what people say, I liked Part 6, and it was a real bummer that Foo Fighters wasn't in the new world.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.