[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/ I'm. Planning on running a SU game with fate core.Post-GW.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: steven-universe_o_2991833.jpg (53KB, 612x342px) Image search: [Google]
steven-universe_o_2991833.jpg
53KB, 612x342px
Sup /tg/ I'm. Planning on running a SU game with fate core.Post-GW. Gonna give my players the option between rebelling against homeworld or become secret police of sorts. What could be some "entry level" sorta jobs I could give the PCs that could allow them of build up to this choice. So far I was thinking about just presenting this choice right of the bat by having the PCs being caught in a rebel attack and forcing them to pick a side from the first session, but I feel like that may be rushed ,and bit too railroady.
>>
File: UH OH.jpg (95KB, 1000x718px) Image search: [Google]
UH OH.jpg
95KB, 1000x718px
I actually know a little about this sort of thing. Not a good idea to discuss it on /tg/ though, send me a PM on discord please Suitz#3837
>>
>>54226958
Sorry, Suitz#3873
>>
>>54226958
Why is it unwise? Worst that can happen is people shitpost. Also Gotta proove you aren't A bot before I come within of your discord bro.
>>
>>54227178
Because I just so happen to have knowledge on something in my life that has been made up of GMing games and watching cartoons and I don't want my entire lives worth of knowledge to fade away when the thread sages. Also, I want to join if there's an extra space but that's an unlikely pipe dream. Not to mention the thread likely won't get too many replies making the amount of information I could share limited. It will also be easier because you could ask specific questions without a whole post.
>>
>>54226762
How do you plan to circumvent the Gems hard caste system designated by race/type?
>>
Corrupted gem cleanup jobs. The rebels don't want monsters running around the planet, and Homeworld is going to need those monsters for mad science experiments. Seeing how both sides handle them can be motivation for the players to pick one side over the other.

A big problem with SU's world is that at this point all we really know is that there's Homeworld and there's the rebellion, and we don't know what Homeworld even does outside of make more gems and invade planets we've never seen and fight aliens we've never met and haven't even heard about.
>>
>>54227267
True, there isn't a lot of endgoals for homeworld. They do seem heavily militaristic and resource hungry just for wanting to expand.

>>54226762
I would second the suggestion of having them be assigned to the task of either researching, capturing, or otherwise studying corrupted gems. That gives them some time to get some experience under their belt before you start dropping hints that one side or the other might be responsible or has a better plan in store for the corrupted.

I would say that rebels would be a far easier game to run, as we have a better outlook on what their time was like on earth more than anything else.

Another possibility might be to go for a bit of an Amathyst situation, but on an entirely new planet and for the whole group. Have them similarly found left abandoned on a world full of some alien race, with them left piecing together the clues of what happened there. Maybe the planet wasn't suitable for colonizing, or the aliens living there managed to drive the gems off, but fell into ruin after. That would allow you to make something 'separate' and give you a lot more room to breathe and not rely as much on established canon. Any facts about homeworld would be stuff they would find in ruins or wrecks of ships, and there's still the possibility of having other corrupted or feral gems to deal with.
>>
>>54227244
Depending on how it goes they'll either be rebels and thus the caste won't matter, or they'll be agents of white diamond, who's willing to overlook a few inconsistencies as long as they get the job done. She's busy trying to keep the resource starved gempire running to care as long as they're loyal
>>54227232
Fair enough, sorry for squeezing your arm there, didn't mean to be rude, you can never be too sure, I'll PM you in a bit.
>>54227267
I do like this, i was planning on having the initial session being a terrorist attack on a gem station where the rebels launched a ship full of poofed corrupted gems at the station.
>>
>>54227351
That's a pretty wild start, especially if you want to make Homeworld seem somewhat more morally upright by starting with a nasty rebel attack.

Outside of dealing with corrupted gems, maybe have a few missions about dealing with the humans/native races. Rebellion would want their further support in order to better defend the planet, or at the very least get them out of the way so they don't die in the crossfire. Homeworld might want you to either exterminate them as a psychological tactic against the rebels, or even sow descent and chaos into the rebellion by offering the meatbags safety in the zoos in exchange for information/sabotage opportunities.
>>
>>54226762
If my sister in law knew about this she'd cry tears of joy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.