[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/ Gods Among Us Edition Has your p

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 30

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Gods Among Us Edition

Has your party spoken with the divine?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML (embed)
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y (embed)
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj (embed)

>>54207944
previous thread
>>
Last time, on DG1: A Female Knight was possessed by a Champion Archetype, becoming bigger, faster, gaining like eight cup sizes, and a bit of a meathead brain. After transforming the battle from a bubbling caldera into aerial platform, our heroes had, uh, paused. Because it was late and people needed sleep.

>Atolm and Astarte each deal light damage to the Champion, sealing off her AoOs (though not counters or legendary-reactions). Celisse claws a little into her as well.
>Meanwhile, Freyda holds and readies her actions. Blakely is on his way down and needs a significantly softer fall than his current acceleration and heading would suggest. Living to be brought to justice and all that.
>Moments later, Lameeka uses her Ulama Strike against the Champion
>LEGENDARY REACTION! The Champion counters with a Keijo of her own, and a fatty thunderclap resounds across the skies as cheek and cheek collide!
>The recoil is significant, yet Lameeka's experience and sneak damage edge out; her rear will be marginally less red and sore than a woman twice her size!
>As she slumps down in disarrears, The Champion is caught by Zev, who uses her maidely knowledge to pin her arms behind her back until she cries...
>Uncle. She actually cried uncle. Several remarks may have been made.
>Freyda slowly decelerates and telekinetically captures Blakely, whom at this point is feeling dead inside. The combat ends as the other side is screaming relative.
>>
>>54212264
>(embed) (embed)
>>
File: Lucoa.jpg (336KB, 1920x1635px) Image search: [Google]
Lucoa.jpg
336KB, 1920x1635px
>>54212294
>Cont

>It is exposition time. Having lost, The Champion and The Knave are willing to answer some questions. It doesn't help that her own stupid actions nearly killed their own hosts.
>The dragons are annoyed at being referred to as deuteragonists. Some philosophical waxing and waning is had on the subject of being the center of a story. The archetypes explain a little of their origins; such as The Champion being a story by Kronk, who first wrote a tale of a really strong man who wrestled a mammoth for three days and nights before killing it with a rock.
>There's also The Knight, that came thousands of years ago, and may have some records available for the dragons to discover from sometime before a guy named Aroden.
>Guesses are had as to what other archetypes must be. The Dickass Thief? The Slut? The Old Man In The Cave That Gives Advice?
>Atolm assures he can take on The Slut one on one; he's read books so he totally knows what he's supposed to do he says
>Under all this may be a universal force of narrative. But, that's not the summoner now is it.
>The Knave points out some other roles however. Ones not summoned directly to possess, but possibly held by the dragons, in a way. The Witch, The Knight, The Fool, The Maiden, The Wise Man, and The Lover.
>Atolm doesn't get it, and Astarte is assured that the terms are gender neutral
>The possessed knight does not know who summoned them, only that a gaunt bald guy with a jeweled eyepatch and a gnarly cane summoned The Knave, and told them where to find treasure.
>>
Solarian when
>>
>>54212309
I FUCKED IT UP, SHIT!
>>
File: maids.png (2MB, 1456x1971px) Image search: [Google]
maids.png
2MB, 1456x1971px
>>54212314
>It was all part of Sir Cross' plan to start a war with Taldor using the money, so they're a bit miffed at being used maybe. But none of them possessed the little knight girl that slew the dragon... though perhaps the original knight might have enchanted her weapon momentarily.
>Blakely will be tried and interrogated, the dragons assuring the archetypes they'll have plenty of time to ask him questions since there's usually weeks between getting arrested, getting found guilty, and getting executed in public. Or eaten? They're not sure.
>The Champion then gives them a prize: Out of the magma she fashions a belt. A big belt. A big, champion belt.
>Zev puts it on and her maid outfit explodes as she gains a solid inch of muscle everywhere. *EVERYWHERE*. It's an artifact. Slightly meatheadish, but artifact nevertheless. It offers massive strength. She removes it that others may try it on.
>While it's on the ground, Atolm sits in the middle of it.
>Automatic sizing is a thing, but a 50" wrestling belt doesn't even detect the 16" long dragon. He is dejected, and The Champion feels *really* bad.
>It sizes to Celisse, though, who becomes Swole Princess, from that game where little soldiers help them make gains: There will be no cake. For anyone. There will only be salt, and vinegar.
>>
>>54212264
>pgg
sigh
>>
File: pillow.jpg (41KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pillow.jpg
41KB, 800x800px
>>54212325
>cont
>The party departs, Celisse carrying a bundle of starving sex-slave girls; at least those who didn't die split-apart or in childbirth.
>Finding a new way through, the dragons arrive at... a kitchen. Within it is a massive, spherical blob, consuming well over 20 meals at once. They have found the dragon's cook. With no one getting the meals away from her for several weeks, she has transformed into the hideous consumptive entity that we see here. Beneath that exterior beats the morbidly overloaded heart of a pre-diabetic kobold girl. And she has a dimensional pantry.
>Hearing that her employer has expired is nothing to her. Cabin-fever has long set in. The leftovers are hers now. All of them. All the leftovers. She escapes into the starry void of the pantry.
>The dragons exit the back door.
>>
>>54212333
If you want to split them again, go ahead. I don't care, but the /sfg/ people are going to show up here anyway, since they can't sustain a thread. That's why we switched back in the first place.
>>
>>54212343
Maybe they can sustain a thread when they have something to actually discuss instead of shitting up /pfg/ with their ERP horseshit.

How about that. How about they talk about Starfinder in the starfinder thread when there's actually something worth talking about.
>>
>>54212325
I never thought I would say this

French
>>
>>54212325
>maid outfit explodes
o h
m y
>>
>>54212347
Would be great. Meanwhile, they'll show up here, and somebody will make it /pfg/ and they'll bitch and moan and shit up the thread regardless. Changing the name isn't going to stop it. But, as I said, feel free to do so. I have no real horse in this race, since the people who frequent /pfg/ shit up the thread with just as much ERP horseshit.
>>
>>54212372
yes but i think /sfg/ was acting as containment for Rory
>>
>>54212325
Classical / Steampunk
>>
>>54212378
WE NEED /SFG/ BACK NOW!
>>
>>54212388
I'm just saying, the first thread we go back to /pgg/ and it goes to shit, and apparently its Rory...
>>
>>54212325
Swimsuit, obviously.
>>
>>54212430
I'm fine with changing it. I only made the new thread this time because nobody else did, and I wasn't doing anything else with my time. If I make it again when this one dies, which is unlikely, I'll make it /pfg/. I don't think changing the name is going to be overly helpful, and I really don't give a fuck about all these namefag celebs everybody loves to hate, but it's also not really harming me to do it, so whatever. More importantly, I'll try to actually delete the fucking (embed) bit. That was pretty pedestrian on my part.
>>
So looking at the Living Grimoire Inquisitor and Cayden Cailean's Blade & Tankard Style, I really want to do a TWF build that's all about bashing fools with a book and tankard. How should I go about it though? I know I could pull off a Strength-based build pretty easily with Artful Dodge to satisfy TWF prereqs (since Living Grimoire uses Int to cast), but that still leaves me with a few empty feats (not to mention all those Teamwork feats, but maybe I'll just take the Preacher archetype too).
>>
>>54212579
You could get a few dirty trick feats to get multiple conditions on an opponent. Blind is pretty good.
>>
>>54212264
Yes.

Trumpets galore.
>>
2hu BTFO yet again
>>
File: Goldfinger_stills_13673.jpg (2MB, 3600x2823px) Image search: [Google]
Goldfinger_stills_13673.jpg
2MB, 3600x2823px
>>54212792
did you say pussy galore?
>>
File: let him rot.png (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
let him rot.png
8KB, 300x300px
>>
The two /sfg/ threads we had were very civil and focused on campaigns and the like.

Only thing I was thinking of was combining it with Deadstar and Stars Without Numbers and other science fantasy/fiction systems that can't sustain their own general threads.
>>
>>54212579
You could go Catch Off Guard or take that trait and hit people with a book and not have to lose all your class defining features
>>
>>54212579
this syncs up perfectly with what you want to do

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/fighting-tankard/
>>
As an Eldritch Archer Magus who wants to use a rifle, would it be worth it taking a 1-level dip into Wizard for the Spellslinger archetype?

It frustrates me that Magus doesn't have a gunslinger-type archetype.
>>
File: pewpew[1].png (710KB, 899x699px) Image search: [Google]
pewpew[1].png
710KB, 899x699px
>>54213135
>>
Is it wrong for me to look up optimized builds, and create a Zen Archer? I've been told the rest of the group doesn't care about optimization (ie they are unoptimized)
>>
>>54212325
Classical > cyber > miniskirt > chinese > rest, objectively speaking.
>>
File: 6ckvDid.png (104KB, 400x406px) Image search: [Google]
6ckvDid.png
104KB, 400x406px
>>54213150
Will you be shitting on someone else by doing so? I.e. are there other archers that might feel like you're outshining them with your oddball optimization build?

It might be worth deviating from the optimization build to instead play up something cool, like throwing darts really, really well instead of usurping the bow-style archer in every way, so that his character idea isn't completely shat on.

Being the elven archer in the team and being out-shot with a bow by some eastern psionic monk faggot would suck ass. Broing it up at the back with the backflippin' guy that throws ball-bearings around corners would be awesome.

>Is it wrong
It's not wrong per see, I just feel like if you're following a guide to the letter in order to optimize with no regard for roleplaying in a group where everyone else is expressly not really optimized is a bit of a nigger thing to do, yeah.
>>
>>54213135
Honestly, don't bother, the two archetypes abilities aren't really compatible, the Spellslinger specifically lets you fire beams through the gun, while the eldritch archer lets you deliver stuff via bullets, you're losing out on the best part of spellslinger (3x spellcrits) for basically just a bonus feat of EWP firearms. Better to just be a human or a half-elf or something.
>>
>>54213135
That's because spellslinger is pure magus style gunfighter.

Do one or the other, unless you need the magus levels to manage spellstrike.
>>
>>54213295
Spellstrike doesn't even work with the Spellslinger's arcane gun, so its actually worthless.
>>
>>54213291
I might just homebrew a magus archetype that combines them, or perhaps create some magus arcana that caters to gunslinging. Can't really theorycraft then, though, without a DM, and I never have a game.
>>
>>54213311
It would work for the gunslinger's pistolwhip deed, anon, but otherwise you are correct.
>>
>>54213322
If its any consolation, the magus, guns, and the spellslinger itself are all abominations of design that should have never seen the light of day
>>
>>54213333
Nonsense. Gish have been a thing since AD&D and Magus at least was the best attempt at it so far. Forcing concentration checks and a bad arcana list were design faults, but phantom Weapon spiritualist is a strict upgrade (inflict wounds and harm make for great spellstrikes).
>>
>>54213465
>magus
>a good attempt

hahahaha
>>
>>54213135
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?478211-Staff-and-Gun-a-miniguide-to-the-Eldritch-Gunslinger-(or-How-to-be-Harry-Dresden)

If you're going that route, someone actually made a guide for it. Not sure if it's worth anything, but it can still be a good reference point.
>>
>>54213482
Compared to all the others before it, it's the best yet.

4e not withstanding, since every class is effectively a gish in 4e.
>>
>>54212294
>>54212314
>>54212325
>>54212339

>Championship Belt.

>Wearers of this belt now have double their strength score after modifiers from any source. (A score of 18 is now 32. Bull's strength +4 is effectively +8 now, ect.)

>Mind of the champion: Can no longer take 10 or twenty on any check that does not involve strength. mental based skills take a -4 penalty

>Absurd strength: Once a week, The wearer of the belt can perform an absurd feat of strength that defies physics. This can replicate any effect, so long as the way the feat of strength is described is sufficiently absurd. (ex. Pulling thin air to reverse gravity, Ripping open a door to create a dimensional gateway, smashing coal to fabricate diamonds. )
>>
>>54213503
but the bloodrager, warpriest, and various 3pp are way better gishes

Hell, the DUSKBLADE from 3.5 was a better gish than the Magus EVER was.

The Magus is actually a TERRIBLE gish, because the whole thing with gishes was that they SELF BUFFED with spells and then smashed face, while all the magus can do is shocking grasp

Once again, the 3.5 Duskblade was better at this, and could still do shocking grasp memes.

The people that defend the magus as being a good gish are people who have no idea was a fucking gish is, just like you.
>>
>>54213536

i mean 36
>>
>>54213539
>magus can only do shocking grasp meme
More like you're a purposefully ignorant memeposter who doesn't actually read the spell list available to magus and assumes damage>anything in their list, which is utterly untrue.
>>
>>54213554
BLADED DAAAAAASH
>>
>>54213536

Isn't that stupidly strong?
>>
>>54213554
Uhh. Anon.

Shocking grasp is literally the spell that a somewhat optimized magus has to use, that's like, one move. Yeah it has a few others spells but the majority of what it does is throw intensified shocking grasps around.

Additionally, you ignored the earlier point of what a gish actually is, as well as refutation of the magus being a the best designed gish yet with the 3.5 Duskblade in existence.
>>
>>54213565
>>54213560
Touch of Idiocy
Blade Tutor
Flight+Tactical Acumen

And they do have a bunch of self buffs compared to when they first came out in addition to the 'miss me' spells such as blur, displacement, mirror image, etc. Add that to having battefield control spells they can actually cast in addition to full attacking, and they're effectively doing the jobs of two characters.

But hey, if you can't see past shocking grasp memes, more power to you, I guess.
>>
>>54213588
I want to make actual use of Chill Touch someday.

Is that on the magus list?
>>
File: tumblr_oowtzq64bB1rsmupto1_400.gif (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oowtzq64bB1rsmupto1_400.gif
1MB, 360x360px
>>54213536
> Anyone who wears the belt becomes extremely swole.
> Swole Freyda. ..
> Swole LAMEEKA
>>
>>54212579
>>54212579
that's a cool mug
>>
>>54213588
Yes, they have utility, but the truth is, you will -always- come back to your BBC god Shocking grasp, because you simply cannot do damage without it.

and damage is god in pathfinder
>>
>>54213623
The muscle girl infection is affecting us all. it is a glorious pain
>>
>>54213653
is the /y/ meta dead for good?
>>
>>54213659
No I wouldn't say that. Muscle love spans both genders. you can't tell me that a young sorceress being held into the strong arms of a muscular Barbarian lady isn't hot as hell
>>
>>54213681
... so the /y/ meta is dead then
>>
>>54213695
Oh that's a y... not a u...

I doubt /y/ was even a blip on the radar. A pleasing ghost
>>
>>54213733
:-:
>>
File: 1274737686336.jpg (9KB, 289x270px) Image search: [Google]
1274737686336.jpg
9KB, 289x270px
>>54213681
>you can't tell me that a young sorceress being held into the strong arms of a muscular Barbarian lady isn't hot as hell
>tfw this is exactly happening in my group's game right now and I'm playing the sorceress
>>
Friendly reminder that Iron Waifus is currently recruiting: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
>>
>>54213597
Yes. and it can be used as part of a spellstrike for as many rounds as you have levels.

>>54213634
>damage is god
>stat damage isn't any good
>save or lose isn't any good
>Pathfinder
You what? Dude, Magus gets several save or lose, and Hexcrafter Magus gets 90% of all the most powerful save or lose that you can tack on to spellstrikes even when they're not touch attack spells.

God damn, that shocking grasp meme really did fuck your head up.
>>
>>54213852
But he's right, Shocking grasp memes are actually stronger than the stat damage and curses the majority of the time because its 100% reliable.
>>
File: my hero academia.jpg (290KB, 1200x894px) Image search: [Google]
my hero academia.jpg
290KB, 1200x894px
>>
Anyone got that image of the blonde woman with the staff and enormousmhips that gets posted frequently? Image is of her back, with her head looking over?
>>
>>54213884
>touch of idiocy
>no save
>ray of enfeeblement
>no save
>ray of exhaustion save still =fatigued
Oh. Okay. Sure.
>>
File: 4_to_Stability.jpg (774KB, 1372x3016px) Image search: [Google]
4_to_Stability.jpg
774KB, 1372x3016px
>>54213909
>>
>>54212318
It's ok anon, only strangers and failures at life saw your mistake.
>>
>>54213942
je t'aime.
>>
>>54212264
Are those the giant warriors from Nausicaa?
>>
>>54213942
I don't think heads bend that way.
>>
>>54213942
>4 to stability
kek
>>
Shouldn't a Paladin fall for being all decked in magic items and expensive weapons/armors isntead of selling them and give his gold to those in need?
>>
>>54214036
Shouldn't a DM lose all his players for pulling something like that?
>>
Which are good arrays for 25 point buy?
>>
>>54214041
If, and is a big if, I go that route I will give the player the Automatic Bonus Progression
>>
>>54214036
No. All that magic gear is going to a VERY good cause: kicking evil's ass. A god would be 100% stupid if they had their paladins fall because they had usable gear, or die for nothing because they would have fallen of they had actual level appropriate equipment.
>>
>>54214076
I don't think he should anyway. Firstly, 'giving to those in need' is a good way to make them 'need' tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. Secondly, he personally needs that gear to fight the demon hordes.
Sure, if he retires and he keeps them around hanging on the wall as trophies, maybe. But during the adventure? No.
>>
>>54214036
No, if a paladin cannot protect the people, what good is their money? His armor and sword are the protectors of society, and the stronger they are, the greater the effectiveness of the paladin as a bulwark against evil, their first duty.

Greed could make one fall, but wisely spent wealth to increase ones strength is not only prudent, but moral
>>
>>54214036
paladins aren't stupid
>>
>>54214172
you'd be surprise
>>
>>54213942
Yis
>>
Question how long would it take to get from Iadara to Absalom by boat?
>>
>>54214245
>By boat
Kek, my char probably would make that in less than an hour (tfw moving at mach 1)
>>
>>54213952
Yes.
>>
How do scrolls work RAW specifically emulating a class feature? ie can a fighter without a caster level/spell list brute force a scroll through the two UMD checks?
>>
>>54214443
Yes. It only requires one check, however, since the check allows you to emulate all applicable class features at once. You're basically 'bluffing' the scroll into believing you are a caster of your character level with that spell in your list. Mind you, if your "CL" isn't high enough, that could still result in a backfire or worse.
>>
>>54214455
Which would the single roll fall under in that case, emulating a class feature aka UMD-20? Or would it just be an activate scroll check DC=20+CL followed by the CL check to complete the cast?
>>
>>54214076
That's not really much of a compensation for stripping away all his class features. No paladin is sworn to a vow of poverty, nor should any good god's code require him to parade around for all twenty levels in his starting equipment.

If you're going to be a dick about it, though, I guess we can't stop you.
>>
>>54214036
Firstly, no, because paladins are holy *warriors.* The expectation, as many anons have said, is that they fight the forces of evil. Many of them DO tithe part of their earnings to temples of their deities that they find in their travels, but if you read the class it's not a requirement.

Secondly, "selling their good shit and giving the gold to those in need" isn't even required of priests and clerics, both of whom work more closely with congregations than paladins do. Where's the demand that priests and clerics abandon worldly goods?

Finally, a paladin only falls if he or she willingly commits an "evil act," which "keeping his or her equipment in tip-top shape" is most definitely not. People who seek to make paladins fall for the most trivial bullshit are people who don't actually understand the class and are more interested in shitting on their players than delivering a good game.
>>
>>54214622
I'd inform him first that he's in the path of falling by acumulating all that wealth, not out right making fall

It's just that it feels weird, the player is pretty greedy but I have to differenciate between the player and the PC. I was asking as an hypothetical
>>
>>54212264

Ungermaw meta now.
>>
>>54214737
>I'd inform him first that he's in the path of falling by acumulating all that wealth, not out right making fall

That's still not a very good plan. PF's mores and ethics are different from our own. If the paladin killed some homeless schmuck who begged for coppers to eat dinner for that night, that'd make him fall, sure; but there's nothing inherently PF-Evil in collecting equipment and cash money.
>>
I'm trying to convert my old shifter barb/warshaper/weretouched master, from 1 to 100 how hard is going to be? Is there a way to get reliable fast healing 2 that isn't magic items of a friend casting a spell on me? beyond 1 bite and 2 claws is there a way to get other natural attacks as a cat like shifter? I was a Whirling Frenzy barb (extra attack on rage)
>>
>>54214519
.....here, let me copy paste the information on UMD under 'use a scroll' that is on the PF SRD you can take 15 seconds to goole.

>Use a Scroll: Normally, to cast a spell from a scroll, you must have the scroll’s spell on your class spell list. Use Magic Device allows you to use a scroll as if you had a particular spell on your class spell list. The DC is equal to 20 + the caster level of the spell you are trying to cast from the scroll. In addition, casting a spell from a scroll requires a minimum score (10 + spell level) in the appropriate ability. If you don’t have a sufficient score in that ability, you must emulate the ability score with a separate Use Magic Device check. This use of the skill also applies to other spell completion magic items.

So, if you have a high enough score, you make the UMD roll, against a DC of 20+ the Caster Level of the spell. If you succeed, the you cast the spell off the scroll just as if you were a xcasdter and had the spell on your caster list. If you fail nothign happens and the scroll is unused. If you roll a 1, you have to wait 24 hours to try again with that scroll.

You're fucking welcome, you goddamn illiterate retard.
>>
>>54214905
Swallow buildings whole then spit them out! Deal 160 d6 damage! !
>>
>>54214978
Honestly what is the fucking dealio with people lately coming into the thread who can't fucking read the fucking rules
>>
>>54215148
It wouldn't be so bad if they said 'thank you' more often.
>>
>>54214957
if you use the 3.5 to PF pc conversion rules, very easy

if you want to build them in pathfinder, fucking goddamn impossible
>>
>>54213536
Why can't we get more custom items that look and probably are stupidly overpowered? Why can't we have more campaigns that are intentionally over-the-top, and not merely "anime?"
>>
>>54215188
>3.5 to PF pc conversion rules
Where can I find these?
>>
>>54215246
Because assholes chased all the creative people away.
>>
>>54215249
try google.
>>
>>54214978
For a smug fuck you're awfully wrong. UMD can be potentially THREE separate checks to activate a scroll.

To have any chance of activating a scroll spell, the scroll user must meet the following requirements.

>The spell must be of the correct type (arcane or divine). Arcane spellcasters (wizards, sorcerers, and bards) can only use scrolls containing arcane spells, and divine spellcasters (clerics, druids, paladins, and rangers) can only use scrolls containing divine spells. (The type of scroll a character creates is also determined by his class.)
>The user must have the spell on her class list.
>The user must have the requisite ability score.

The passage you're quoting does NOT factor in having no spellcasting ability at all (or possessing arcane spell casting ability but no divine). Since an arcane spellcaster can ONLY cast arcane scrolls - in order for them to cast a divine spell they have to make the first check of-

>Emulate a Class Feature: Sometimes you need to use a class feature to activate a magic item. In this case, your effective level in the emulated class equals your Use Magic Device check result minus 20. This skill does not let you actually use the class feature of another class. It just lets you activate items as if you had that class feature. If the class whose feature you are emulating has an alignment requirement, you must meet it, either honestly or by emulating an appropriate alignment with a separate Use Magic Device check (see above).

Succeeding on that check gives them the 'divine caster' prerequisite, which allows them to move to step #2. Since divine spells are not (usually) on an arcane spellcaster's class list - they would THEN move on to the passage you cited where activation begins and a 20 + caster level DC comes into play. Assuming they had the appropriate minimum ability score the scroll would complete but if they didn't meet that ability score they would then need to make a THIRD UMD roll to emulate an ability score.
>>
>>54214957
3pp allowed? Pretty goddamn simple. Paizo only? As of the current stuff, not a chance.
>>
>>54215266
Most people don't have the intelligence to realize the worst thing you can do to a community (particularly an anonymous community) is to try to kick people out by being an asshole
>>
>>54215272
What I can see doesn't help me in the slightless, then there's other stuff that (pdfs) that I can't open because errors
>>
>>54215303
Oh no, my terrible bad for not reading the whole thing. so sorry. please beat me. please.

aren't you glad that you were here to help correct me and give him all the correct information that he didn't feel the need to read about himself?
>>
>>54215330
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Pathfinder_Roleplaying_Game_Conversion_Guide

Should cover the most important stuff.
>>
>>54215330
How do you not see the paizo.com link with a free fucking PDF
>>
>>54215328
They didn't ~try~ anything.
>>
>>54215249
It's literally just update your HD to match your BAB and try to fill in dead levels. Converting a 3.5 class to PF is hardly trivial unless you half ass it.
>>
>>54215266
>creative people
Like who? Do you mean the devs? That's because they realized being associated with 4chan was shockingly, not great branding.

There's still plenty of homebrewing and Gming going around, we've had people write their own settings and are running games in them, and Sweagle obvious does that kind of shit

so???
>>
>>54215366
There used to be more. there used to be higher quality and more content. there also used to be less dickheads and assholes, as well as more people willing to help ignorant people.

/tg/ has changed for the worse.
>>
>>54214957
There's nothing in PF that will help you if you build it using PF.
>>
>>54215394
>muh /tg/ has changed meem

No, it was always shit.
>>
>>54215366
Homebrewing threads that die after 50 posts instead of getting continuations? No one interested in writing fluff anymore? Only 4-5 GMs and all of them busier than heck because they're the only ones willing to do so?

Yeah, there is still content but there really is a lot less.
>>
>>54212347
If you think it's the /sfg/ people shitting up the thread you're retarded. /sfg/'s shitposting style wasn't celeb fetish bullshit, that's /pfg/'s thing. No, /sfg/ shitposting is that /pol/-style "no white males allowed in the glorious brown future, thanks SJWs!" whining.
>>
>>54214957
80. Very hard.
No, there is not.
You can get a rake attack or a rend attack tacked on.
Not really anything that emulates that except Haste or dipping in unchained monk (which is actually worth it).
>>
>>54215411
>homebrewing threads
Irrelevant to this thread in particular?

>writing fluff
I've seen no less than three unique settings written for /pfg/ games, i'm sure there's more. Some are more in depth than others but still

>4-5gms
well thats just wrong

Honestly it sounds like you're just a whiny questfag, take that whining elsewhere.
>>
>>54215366
Nigger, fuck off with this shit

Either be the change you want to see, or stop complaining.

You want there to be more homebrewing? Why don't you start by engaging and helping the people who do homebrew?

You want to see more custom settings? Why don't you start by engaging with the people who are writing custom settings?

If you see someone getting hated out, being told to literally slit their own throats? You don't counter that by being a passive aggressive twat, you go be a positive force instead.

It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>54215424
>last thread
>/sfg/ fetishposting shits up the thread

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THINK
>>
File: swoleder.png (350KB, 840x1100px) Image search: [Google]
swoleder.png
350KB, 840x1100px
>>54213623
>swole lameeka
>>
>>54215442
I wasn't complaining though, my entire post was saying that people are homebrewing, people are making custom settings, people are doing fine

The guy i responded to was the one being a whiny useless twat.
>>
>>54215439
>you think /tg/ is bad, you must like quests
Ah. You're one of those.
>>
>>54215439
He's just a bootyblasted mongoloid who's upset that his preferred type of shitposting has gone the way of the dinosaur. Ignore him and let him rot in his nostalgia.
>>
>>54215454
No, I just see a common argument from the parasitic questfags that whine about not having enough players on their shitty board that they were somehow a content engine for /tg/ and not fanfic.net tier awfulness.
>>
File: swole as FUCK.png (1MB, 1280x1505px) Image search: [Google]
swole as FUCK.png
1MB, 1280x1505px
>>54215449
WE HAVE TO GO SWOLER
>>
>>54215479
needs a doomguy edit
>>
>>54215485
RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>54215443
The fact that Rory's monthly shitpost spree was /sfg/ themed probably has more to do with the fact that Starfinder's release is a month away than the name of the thread. As I said, if you had actually spent any time in /sfg/ you would know celebposting isn't their style.
>>
>>54215450
I woke up like 10 minutes ago, still foggy in the head. Must have mis-linked
>>
>>54215436
>Monk
>Natural attacks
Hahahahahahaha, you know nothing
>>
>>54215524
There's a feat to allow monk's natural attacks to be used in flurry anon.
>>
>>54215524
>feral combat training
>FERAL COMBAT TRAINING

really
makes
you
think
>>
>>54215542
>>54215544
As a skinwalker barb you can get 6 natural attacks. as a dip in Umonk you get 2 at best, 6>2, dipping in monk gives you nothing, that feat allows you to make 2 attacks (FoB) that are natural attacks, that's it, 6 still > 2.

Even if he only has 3 natural attacks, 3 > 2. Dipping in monk as a many natural attack build is 100% useless.
>>
>>54215576
Well yeah, he should actually play a shapeshifter bloodline bloodrager for the closest to his old shite
>>
>>54215524
Apparently he knows more than you, anon.
>>
>>54215594
>Another retard
Look, buddy, read the feat.
If you have 2 attacks in FoB That's the number of attacks you have, period. If you have 4 natural attacks, even if you have that feat, you still make 2 FoB attacks, that's it, that feat is ONLY for when you have like a poisoning bite so you can use it more than once, not for when you have 5 natural attacks.
>>
File: classic mesmer.jpg (78KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
classic mesmer.jpg
78KB, 750x1024px
Hey guys, you wanted to see some FUCKIN HOMEBREW right, well shit, i'm here boys
I'm looking for more feedback on the Harlequin! My attempt to build a new sub-system into Pathfinder that seeks to create an interesting flow in combat, as well as grab some flavor from the Mesmer of guild wars, one of my favorite games.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R1ciOvRgD0jD3jFiakb0A2vV_a2jAXzLp-BSjpl0J_c/edit?usp=sharing

Specifically since the last time I posted this here, I've done some work specifically to weaken Phantasms a bit more and clarify their function
In addition, I finished the domination artes section, meaning i'm closing in on getting this to an actually testable stage
comments should be enabled, and i'll be around, so shoot.
>>
>>54215470
Hero Quest Rina was the only one I ever really followed, which was especially fun because that was years before I ever heard of OPM.

Man, Quests really like their lesbians.
>>
>>54215424
But there aren't any white males in Starfinder.
>>
>>54215801
there's at least the Operator
>>
>>54215810
Operative is Asian tho.
>>
>>54215406
>No, it was always shit.
No, /tg/ actually used to get shit done. You're confusing /tg/ with /b/; /b/ was never good. But even /b/ used to be better.
>>
>>54215890
you are aware that /tg/ gets shit done was always a joke, right?
>>
>>54215904
I remember the last time /tg/ got shit done, they made a Minotaur civilization built around lactation.
>>
>>54215951
/tg/ was a mistake
>>
>>54215810
The operative not only has an obscured face, but literally has a Tian dragon. Starfinder is babyfied SJW trash.
>>
>>54215904
>this is what newfags actually believe
I feel sorry for you.

>>54215951
Last thing I saw /tg/ get done was Teegeia, a full setting with sky-dwarfs that thought of the Earth as unclean, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. I think I saved those threads, but it's so very long ago now that I think they're lost.
>>
>>54216011
the joke being simultaneously that /tg/ can in fact, get shit done, but /tg/ also gets -shit- done because of its attention span to an idea.

that would be the joke
>>
>>54215984
>>54215837
The fact White women even exist means white men have to exist as well.
>>
>>54216024
>
>>
>>54216024
the fact that Starfinder requires villians means white males will exist, friend
>>
https://pastebin.com/vk8fQyhK
>Flower Nymph homebrew race, v3.1
I am going to shill this again because I want more feedback on it. Applied some fixes and added some small mechanical stuff for Enclave Protectors, along with a lot of fluff for them. As it stands. Starting to feel the doc is fairly complete at this point, now I just want your opinions on everything - balance, fluff, the lot!
>>
>>54212264

How does one optimize huge boobs? What class gets the most out of them and what class is the best at cultivating them? Both martial and caster.
>>
>>54215890
>>54215904
>>54215951

I'm still amazed that people don't consider /pfg/ creating an environment where the community frequently runs tabletop games, the main point of /tg/ for each other to actually take part in, an example of us getting shit done.
>>
>>54216203
Fuck off Sweagle
>>
>>54216140
$20 says the CEO of the Aspis Consortium is a white male, same with AbadarCorp (Abadar is often portrayed as white) and probably some other evil organizations I haven't bothered to remember.

Though I might be a bit hasty calling them "evil," as "Lawful" would be a more apt term. To Paizo, white men undoubtedly represent the rigidness of law and order. Patriarchy, hierarchy, those sorts of things. I mean, it should come as no surprise to anyone that all the kingdoms ruled by white men are notably obsessed with tradition and order, while all the ones ruled by women are full of whimsy, progressiveness and energy. Except Cheliax, of course, but Abrogail has always been shown as a petulant woman-child who isn't deeply involved in the day to day of administration.
>>
File: Lilithmon_15.jpg (87KB, 1091x613px) Image search: [Google]
Lilithmon_15.jpg
87KB, 1091x613px
What kind of horns are better for tieflings? Is there any way to use a helmet, if you have horns?
>>
>>54216190
Sidenote: Finding art of plant-themed shortstacks is a fucking pain in the ass. Customization/morphing or drawfagging is practically mandatory.
>>
>>54216203
I don't get what you're asking for here, any class can have huge boobs. It's genetic, not something you gain through exercise.

That said, some classes can enjoy hefty breasts without them seeming unusual. Barbarians are a classic, though I'd daresay the best classes with massive chests are Witches. Sorceresses and Paladins will have very nice breasts, all perky n' shit, but they won't have raw size.
>>
>>54216240
The horns of a Tiefling should be an extension (kek) of their personality and themeing.
>>
>>54216327
Boobs are on top of pectoral muscles anon
>>
>>54216353

What kind of horns would have a slayer?
>>
>>54216408
Aaaaand? Physical activity tends to make them smaller, so you're left with perky smaller tits. Hence why Barbarian and Paladin are classics.

The anon wasn't asking for the best looking tits, he just wants size, and I suggested Witch on account of their themes and archetypes pointing towards a woman in tune with natural forces (the old "bigger in the country" idea) alongside their typically wanton ways and seductress mannerisms.
>>
Can we just
Not for a thread? Wtih the tits and ass and jerking off?
>>
>>54216327
With a sorceress or witch you have to worry she's getting real chunky, or that they're an illusion and she gives white mana when you tap her.

The bigger the tits, the stronger the muscles have to be to keep that from sagging: The typical art in here would be dragging on the floor by age 40. So it's best on well built girls.

Only problem is, if she's an adventuring knight or barbarian, she might have very little bodyfat from the rather extreme exercise she regularly commits to in the name of HOLYSHITITSADRAGON.
>>
>>54216496
not true, or guys would never go bear mode
>>
>>54216487
Short and sharp, otherwise I'd make them long and sharply angled backwards, outlining the contour of their skull like it was a helmet or crown more than horns.
>>
>>54216505
seriously can you just not.
>>
>>54216505
>The typical art in here would be dragging on the floor by age 40. So it's best on well built girls

Well good thing most chesty PCs around here are in good shape and around their late teens to early twenties. Those things will be sagging when they hit middle-age, but the campaign will be LONG over by then and... Besides, a bit of sag isn't bad.

Also, why would Sorceresses or Witches get chunky if they have huge tits?
>>
Alright /pgg/. I'm about to write my own pathfinder campaign and build my own world... where do I start?
>>
>>54216498
Not with that attitude.
The more one side feels persecuted the more they try to assert or take refuge in their identity to compensate.

You can burn out an overactive individual with continued berating, but not an entire section of a community.
North wind and sun.
>>
>>54216604
Is this why the left and right cultivates outrage culture and a manufactured sense of persecution? Because otherwise they need to wake up and accept they've done nothing with their life because they're actually terrible people?
>>
>>54216604
Is it really persecuting someone to say 'Please stop jerking off in my face?'
>>
>>54216672
Yes? If you don't like it, just ignore it.
>>
>>54216690
Its very hard to ignore a dick being jerked off in your face, and lets face it, you can't ignore it forever
>>
>>54216672
If you're really incapable of seeing why people might feel unfairly persecuted by that, you're part of the problem too.
>>
>>54216576
Start with the overall theme you want to convey with the campaign, and then find a culture that epitomizes that theme accordingly.

If you want a political intrigue in the midst of a dying Empire, it might be wise to take inspiration from post-crisis Roman Empire or the Byzantines.
>>
>>54216718
But they're persecuting me by jerking off in my face on a fucking blue board

If they want to jerk off, they should go to /d/ or /trash/
>>
>>54216576
Different people have different habits. As long as you have started writing something in the first place that is one step down. Plan>draft>revise(adding or subtracting big things)>edit>proofread. Don't be afraid to loop back through some steps, like redrafting because you have better ideas after doing some revising.
>>
>>54216703
>in your face

This is more like going to a public beach and complaining about how many people are in slutty swimsuits when all you want to do is make sand castles and swim.

You can't make them leave a public beach. You make peace with it, or you leave.
>>
>>54216735
Ugh, grow up and accept some people are into things you might not. They're not hurting you so you should just tolerate it.
>>
>>54216735
If you want a more moderated community with stricter standards, go to reddit or gitp.
>>
>>54216754
No its like going to a public beach and complaining about the dude masturbating.
>>54216757
I don't care about what you're into, you can be into whatever, just stop waving it in my face, i swear to god you're like furries with this shit
>>54216801
I feel like the standard of 'not masturbating in public' should be fairly clear because we're a blue board

fuck you can get a little rauchy or whatever, but the constant boiling down of characters to tits, ass, and dick? Its just boring and lame and honestly a little gross.
>>
>>54216651
It's one step worse than that. The left (nowadays actually center on the spectrum as they're none too keen on workers rights versus their employers traditional controls, which are the only actual parts of "left" and "right") and right are both funded - that is to say run - by very large "legal persons".

The outrage and manufactured sense of persecution were easy enough as they already existed (abrahamic religions) in the majority of the population. All it took were a handful of wedge issues based on what those at the very top think "poors" should not be allowed since it's normal for themselves and therefore should be impossible to attain for not-themselves; things like having a physician, or getting rid of a little embarrassment of your daughter or mistress, or being too important to have to pay for roads and infrastructure...

So they keep it going. Whenever people start wondering, suddenly they're 'being attacked' again, and anyone not raging against the other side is a coward who hates their nation and is guilty of making it easier for enemies.

It's clung to by the lower rungs for the reasons you specify, but every last bit of it was carefully molded so as to ensure no revolts against the highest rulers; as too many people don't even realize who owns the lot of them.
>>
>>54216825
There's a clear line for what's not cool on a blue board.
Posting explicit porn.

You're practically saying
>this dude's wearing a tight speedo and talking about tits he likes, that's the same as public masturbation and he should be kicked off the beach because public masturbation isn't allowed
>>
>>54216849
>this dude has an erection in his mega tight speedo and keeps wagging it in my face

yeah that would upset me, should be kicked off the beach.
>>
>>54216895
No, he's wearing his mega-tight speedo and is walking around in it. He is not waving it in your face, he is simply there. You don't need to sit near him. You can go say to /5eg/, another section of the beach, where the dudes in the mega-tight speedos aren't.
>>
>>54216950
But I like this section of the beach, /pfg/, I just don't like it when hte jackasses with mega tight speedos come around and wave their junk in my face

and it -is- being waved in my face. THere's no reason to talk about LOL WHAT CLASS HAS BIG TITS other than to talk about tits, it doens't even have the veneer of being about pathfinder
>>
>>54216975
The jackasses aren't breaking any rules. You can't tell the 'jackasses' to fuck off 'your' section of the beach when there's no dress code telling them they can't wear speedos on the beach.
>it is being waved in my face
No, there's simply a lot of people with speedos who are more active than normal playing tag on the beach.
>>
>>54217005
And all the cuties in bikinis are oogling the speedos instead of the lanklets in trunks, so they're pissy
>>
>>54217005
And yet, I have a right to complain about it, and will continue to do so.

>>54217024
Manlets when will they learn.
>>
>>54217035
>And yet, I have a right to complain about it, and will continue to do so.
Just like they have the right to walk in speedos. There's no rule for whining about shit, but there's no rule for talking about tits, either.
>>
>>54216733
>>54216752
Well I already have the basis of the setting in mind and general theme of the plot. What materials should I get? What books and such? I assume there has to be a better way than just writing it all out in notebooks
>>
>>54217052
but maybe they'll understand that they're not wanted and fuck off.
>>
>>54217080
You now realize that perhaps, not everyone cares as much as you, and you are becoming the old fart who is shouting GIT OFF MAH LAWN in a public park.
>>
>>54217100
There are probably plenty of people that feel like me, not all of them are as comfortable voicing it.
>>
>>54217024
Would your character look good in a bikini? A speedo? Do you have a party member you know you'd let your eyes linger on? Tell us!
>>
File: mobility_by_matsu_sensei-d3jmk2c.jpg (397KB, 3333x900px) Image search: [Google]
mobility_by_matsu_sensei-d3jmk2c.jpg
397KB, 3333x900px
>>54216567
>>54216567

Its a simple matter of athleticism.
>>
>>54217115
>18 dex 18 cha paladin raised in the wilderness
She'd rock that bikini
>>
>>54217266
Meant to link to >>54217192
>>
>>54217192
My 19 Str/19 Cha Bloodrager would, in fact, look stunning in a bikini.
>>
>>54217005
>The jackasses aren't breaking any rules.
The "no rules are being broken!" is a child's defense. Nobody fucking cares. It doesn't make it any less shitty.

The funny thing is that /pgg/ seems to spawn this shit for some reason.
>>
>>54217415
No, it's a lawyer's defense. Which means that regardless of how much you hate it, it is still de facto correct.
>>
I was brainstorming a way to model the acquisition of Experience points by imbibing fluids produced by other living beings. It is something like this with FQM being fluid quality modifier and Rem being the remaining exp to next level: [Rem*.001*FQM]+FQM exp gained per unit consumed.

To have any effect, you have to get fluids from a higher level character in the first place. Them being more levels above you gives circumstance bonuses to FQM that diminish as the levelgap closes.
>>
>>54217450
> it's a lawyer's defense
>implying it doesn't make it that much worse
Good thing we're not in a court of law, eh?
>>
>>54217490
this is so you can have people level by literally sucking high level adventurer dick, isn't it.
>>
>>54217518
If you think that stuff only counts in court, you've got a very rough awakening ahead of you once you finish highschool.
>>
>>54217529
That is one possible application given the liberal definition of 'fluids' here. But there are others available that are produced in higher quantities for most creatures, like blood or milk for instance.
>>
>>54217594
think about how many high level barmaids and prostitutes this would give a setting
>>
>>54213048
Sure, but that would take more feats than are readily available. Not to mention without being Int-focused anymore I'd need even more feats to get Dex to damage or just be super-MAD.
>>
>>54217616
How does any non adventurer scrub, like those shown in certain splat books, gain levels without being an adventurer or constant fighting?

I'd like to extend this kind of rules to getting exp from quality foods also. The rich folk got good by eating good. Others who have a rich diet would also gain the benefits but at the very least they'd be better off drinking their goat milk to get out of level 1.
>>
>>54217696
you are aware that xp isn't only given from fighting.
>>
>>54217616
And then they have kids who grow up to be level 15 by the time they're 4 because of breastfeeding.
>>
>>54217696
Gaining exp is usually about overcoming challenges. The reason others Purcell slowly is because their challenges are considered low CR compared to killing shit, disarming traps, and saving kingdoms. You can model this by giving exp for challenges overcome instead of just combat.
>>
>>54217415
A child's defense is "well that's how it SHOULD be". An adult's, however, is "that's just how it is." You are the child here.
>>
>>54217751
>Purcell
What the actual fuck is a Purcell? I mean sure I'm guessing that was autocorrect but still
>>
>>54217764
I... have no clue. Sorry for phoneposting. I meant "level" and my phone is an absolute sledge.
>>
>>54215495
I actually liked the flamethrower girl
>>
>>54217924
fuck off rory
>>
>>54217594
Doesn't this mean really high level adventurer women always have to be careful where they pee because monsters or dangerous people would drink it up and get stronger?
>>
>>54217932
not him, sorry
>>
>>54217934
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>54214443
How would you make it reliable for a Fighter?

Dangerously Curious (+1 Trait, +3 Class Skill)
Magical Aptitude (+2, +4 @ 10 Ranks)
Skill Focus: UMD (+3, +6 @ 10 Ranks)
>>
>>54217934
It mixing in with other junk would make it less pure, lowering FQM and robbing you of any potential exp. Since urine is already of a lower quality than other fluid types for most creatures, the exp wouldn't amount to much in the end. You could get by with feats like favored fluid to offset this loss. Magics like purify food and drink would, by default try to eliminate the elements that give exp as well as impurities so a more specialized spell is necessary.
>>
Is a fly speed worth it for a barbarian? How does flying affect melee combat and what feats support it? How does fly by attack work?
>>
>>54218083
Flight is good for getting over obstacles and difficult terrain to get in your opponent's face. Also good for "climb check time!" Since you can usually just fly up the cliff instead.
>>
>>54218083
>>54218136
Flight is also good for dealing with those enemies that don't do you the courtesy of coming over and waiting for your sword to hit them. Flying enemies especially.
>>
Anyone have the Adventurer's Armoury 2? Didn't find on the trove.
>>
>>54218304
nvm I'm a nigger.
>>
>>54216203
Wasn't there a mesmerist archetype that changed bodies rather than minds?

There's your answer on the caster sid of things
>>
>>54215074
Funny thing about that is I was lowballing. That's damage for spitting out a Huge creature of the lowest weight. A rock or pile of metal of the same size category would be much heavier. Imagining we take average weight for a Huge creature, so 9 tons. Each ton is 80d6 of damage, so that's 720d6 for the average Huge creature. Funnily enough, if you spit out a creature, the target and that creature take the damage, so if they don't manage to break out of your stomach(they will break out), you can kill them by spitting them at the ground. And this is JUST a Huge creature. You can do this at level 9 as an Enlarged Half-Giant. At 12th, you can take in Gargantuan. At 15th, Colossal. The only concern is hitting a ranged touch attack, honestly.
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/occult-adventures/occult-classes/mesmerist/archetypes/paizo-llc-mesmerist-archetypes/material-manipulator-mesmerist-archetype/

>>54218426
>>
File: Elf riding giant cock.jpg (83KB, 910x897px) Image search: [Google]
Elf riding giant cock.jpg
83KB, 910x897px
>>54212294
>legendary ass slap
Well I've discovered something new...
>>
>>54218711
That's no elf, that's a Hylian.
>>
>>54218485
inflation fetishist please go
>>
>>54218004
That's a respectable 24 Use Magic Device by level 10. That's pretty impressive, honestly. Eats up two feats, though.
>>
File: b35.gif (2MB, 548x308px) Image search: [Google]
b35.gif
2MB, 548x308px
>>54218711

more along the lines of this
>>
>>54215734
>The phantasms seem completely identical, but use of magic and special senses can reveal them to be mere phantasms
What magic, what special senses? Does Low-Light Vision blow the ruse? Does having Haste active blow the ruse? Does casting a spell near them blow the ruse?

Right now, this negates a giant load of attacks since the phantasms are indistinguishable. It also completely negates targeted effects that don't cause damage. This is stupidly good and needs to be adjusted downwards.

The number of Artes known compared to the size of the Artes list is too large. As a result, there'll be massive overlap in selection so all harlequins will seem damn near identical in Artes list as a result.

The class's features seem to be focused on "flank with phantasms, stab", but if used that way the damage output is pitiful. You'd basically be a rogue without sneak attack in damage terms.
Meanwhile, some of the Artes are absurdly good debuffs. Sloth, for example, is basically a save-or-die at level 6.
>>
im retiring lorelei

https://pastebin.com/egzB3hYf
>>
>>54219444
Why.
>>
>>54219444
Who?
>>
>>54219444
. . . What?
>>
>>54219444
I don't even know who Lorelei is and I know I hate bad ends.
Fuck you for giving whoever this is such a bad end.
>>
>>54219444
literally who/what
>>
>>54219444
I thought we told you to stop posting your logs, Vult.
>>
So, I'm 8th level char with 8 ranks in acrobatics and a +7 on the stat for a total of 18 in acrobatics. In a previous thread someone told me that's shit as fuck and that's the reason I can't pass CMD for shit from dangerouns monsters.
How can I improve it without gimping myself (aka spending precious feats, multiclassing into useless crap of multiclassing at all)?
>>
>>54214245
I could still use an answer. A ship going 48 miles per day.
>>
>>54219615
The following:
>Are you getting a class skill bonus? (+3)
>Do you have a wondrous item that gives an Acrobatics bonus? (+5)
>Do you have a "masterwork tool" for it? (+2)
>>
>>54219615
Items. There's magic items that can boosts skills.
>>
>>54219678
Well how far are they?
>>
>>54219684
>Are you getting a class skill bonus? (+3)
My ranks are 8, my stat is 7, the total bonus is 18. Yes, it's class skill
>Do you have a wondrous item that gives an Acrobatics bonus? (+5)
No, any recommendation?
>Do you have a "masterwork tool" for it? (+2)
I don't think such thing exists for acrobatics

16, 16 fucking catpchas had to be solved to post, I'm getting tired of how they're working
>>
>>54215734
Anyways, onto the Artes. I'll be evaluating them as though they were at-will usable for the cheap ones and 2/encounter for the expensive ones, since that's what 1/minute ether regen should work out to barring giant combat-sprees.

>Mantra of Focused Blades
Increases by 1 per phantasm, or by a flat 1?

>Simple Illusion et al
Depending on how permissive the GM is with illusions, this could be absurdly broken to have at-will. That said, that's a GM issue not a class issue.

>Ghastly Vision
Charisma modifier squared damage at level one is too much. Needs to be pushed to a higher level or scale differently.

>Duplicate
Absolutely retardedly powerful, due to the issues with Phantasm I mentioned last post.

>Illusory Reversal
So you make two phantasms, move, and make three (or more) attacks. No.

>Decoy
100% sure-thing attack negation is bad.

>Nightmarish Vision
It's a save-or-die, thanks to the damage output. I can't support that existing at 10th.

>Mantra of the Phantasmal Army
Phantasms are problematic right now. So this is too.

>Ether Clone
There has never once been a balanced "I am two characters" class feature. This isn't it either.

>Punishing Swipe
Spammable ether regen means resource management is a non-issue. I don't like it.

>Never Here
See Decoy.

>Mantra of Self Delusion
Taking half damage and dealing double damage is a bit silly, even at 16th level.

>Practiced Strike
Too weak to be at 8th.
>>
>>54217490
God damn it shut the fuck up bones.
>>
>>54214245
While the straight-line distance, according to the Inner Sea region map, is roughly 900 miles give or take, a lot of it is twisty local rivers. It's probably 400 or so from Cassomir, on the coast, to Absalom, and that's the only open sea. So while that would be roughly 9 days, the rivers will add CONSIDERABLE time 'cause you're not gonna make 48 miles a day on those. So call it roughly a month; anywhere from 20-28 days is a decent estimate.
>>
>>54219767
>A 'Scholar' class would be extremely welcome, though. There's not really any alternatives for Cleric/Priest- or Wizard/Sorcerer-type characters if you cut out full casters, which is pretty shitty.

/pfg/, why are there no non-full-casters for these type of characters in Pathfinder? It seems like a pretty grievous oversight. There's literally no way to really play a wizard's apprentice type character, a scholar, or general skillmonkey explorer without being a war veteran or doing backflips.
>>
>>54219731
>My ranks are 8, my stat is 7, the total bonus is 18. Yes, it's class skill
>It's a class skill
>but you didn't add the +3 for having ranks in a class skill

shit nigga what are you doing

>recommendations for magic items
>"don't think such a thing exists for acrobatics"
They do exist, but whether you can actually use it amounts to whether or not your GM will let you since paizo is iffy as fuck about it. As for magic items, Boots of Striding and Springing are the first to come to mind.
>>
>>54219827
>shit nigga what are you doing
8 (ranks) + 7 (stat) = 15
My total bonus is 18
Guess from where those extra +3 come?
>>
>>54219827
Just a clarification, those boots only give you +5 to Acrobatics to JUMP, not to tumble around enemies.
>>
>>54219807
There's literally a Scholar in SoM.
>>
>>54219678
Anon... Iadara is not connected to Absalom by a sea route. Kyonin is on Lake Encarthan, so to get to Absalom you would want to take a land route down to Druma, then Andoran, then by ship to Absalom.
>>
>>54219863
I actually don't know what the fuck I was thinking, and should probably actually look at posts before going to answer them. Of course, were I actually an intelligent person, I would have first asked why you needed me to tell you shit when there's a perfectly serviceable website with a search function.

>>54219878
So they do, meaning Boots of Elvenkind would be what he wants.
>>
>>54219444
Isn't Lorelei from Hell's Vengeance... Or was it Wrath of the Raunchy?
>>
>>54219715
From Absalom or where they started?
>>
>>54219807
Because the game isn't written with the assumption that people are going to ban fullcasters on principle. I mentioned a similar issue with the Psionic classes. Almost all of them are full manifester and the ones that aren't have a bit too much baggage if you want to play the classic "Psychic Guy".

A lot of this stems from the fact that NOT being a full caster inherently means you need to rely lot more on class features to be useful. Which leads to a lot of the problems you mentioned.

That being said I don't think fullcasters should be banned on principle, but just have to obey a "follow a clear theme with your spell/power progression" and maybe snipping out a lot of problem powers/spells.
>>
>>54215734
>Empathy, and many others
"The harlequin's charisma modifier" is not a valid quantity of time. Add units.

>Scatter Brain
This should not be an immediate action.

>Sloth
The damage quickly becomes absurd. Take the example of a 'quin on a horse with a bow and this Arte. Anything that's not a dedicated ranged combatant that fails a save against Sloth dies to them.

>Turncoat
To harm which ally? Do they choose? Do you?

>Mantra of the Overwhelming Mind
Needs a 1/round/target clause, or it gets absolutely batshit with things like Sloth that deal damage dozens of times per turn.

>Mind Crush
3/4 chance of spell failure with no save is too good. Make the save negate the "confusion" effect in addition to halving damage.

>Power Spike
Dangerously close to a sure-fire spell negation. Would suggest reworking.

>Social Awkwardness
Awkwardly worded, and 4d6 per adjacent ally squared is pretty crazy. Do that for five/six rounds and you've got something absurd. Do remember that creatures are their own allies and adjacent to themselves.

>Mind Control
Multi-day duration Dominate Person spam is going to get a DMG thrown at you. No.

>Mantra of the Unbreachable Mind
Being (more) impossible to target with spells is bad design.

>Hex Nova
Could stand to be made cheaper.

>Wastrel's Worry
Too win-more. If the enemy repeatedly isn't acting, they've already lost anyways.

>Mantra of Enduring Control
See Mantra of the Overwhelming Mind

>Destroy Mind
3d6 is a lot. Many things don't have greater than 10 in all three mental stats. This is dangerously close to a no-save-just-die.
>>
>>54219922
>SoM
>not ass
Also the Scholar, unless it's undergone HEAVY revision since I last saw it, is probably the weakest non NPC class I've seen in Pathfinder 1st or 3rd party. If it hasn't changed a lot it will not be worth the paper it's printed on.
>>
File: elf.png (440KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
elf.png
440KB, 600x1200px
How lewd is too lewd?
>>
>>54220047

Probably when you get so lewd you have to retire characters who were killed in canon permadeath snuff ERP with another PC.
>>
>>54220047
When your game is so heavily driven by lewd that the actual gameplay and sessions become just an excuse to either ERP or railroad the group into ERP, then it's too lewd.

At a certain point, you might as well just fuck off to F-List.
>>
>>54215734
>Overturning Blade
This is a much more reasonable immediate-action defense. Provoking an AOO from everyone is still stupid though.

Overall it looks like a fun class, but the Artes have a bunch of balance issues, Phantasms is outright busted enough to make me say "never ever at my table" at this state, and the core features are a bit schizophrenic.
>>
>>54219615
Pick some cheap magic item like boots of elves, but is not really worth it, from now on is going to be worse, CMD will skyrocket and you won't be able to stay effective in acrobatics while at the same time don't suck at your class.
>>
>>54220047
Generally, I'm going to be annoyed by a character as being overly lewd if they try to pass off an explicitly sexual outfit as "good adventuring attire," or act in such a way that puts focus away from the campaign and onto their sexuality.

I don't care if your character has massive breasts. I don't mind if your character is a natural charmer or seductress. I do care, however, when you think a scrap of lace scarcely hiding your fat nipples or well-trimmed bush is something you should wear around town, much less describe outside of a PM.
>>
>>54220066
Described it better than I did here >>54220121
>>
>>54220121
I don't necessarily disagree with your but two of the iconic basically dress like that already.
>>
File: elf.jpg (163KB, 570x800px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
163KB, 570x800px
>>54220063
>>54220066
>>54220121

Don't sexual in game unless its called for, and don't focus on how slutty your slut outfit is then?
>>
>>54215479

>Risking multiple organ failures and brain death in order to punch harder

That's a PC, alright.
>>
>>54220017
It's not bad as long as you're willing to not do much in combat yourself and instead leave it to your combo familiar/animal companion/eidolon while you hide in the back doing support. Of course I don't find that very interesting to do, but it's viable.
>>
>>54220169

That's generally a good rule of thumb.
>>
File: kitsune.png (4MB, 877x1111px) Image search: [Google]
kitsune.png
4MB, 877x1111px
Which one would favour tactics or and which one would favor strategy: Wisdom or Intelligence?
>>
>>54220169
Yes and yes, you can describe the outfit but only in private interactions between your slut and a partner, or in vague terms for the main campaign.

As for sexual... Keep that for DM-mandated encounters or private PMs, and I'm sure you know how to PM THEM.
>>
>>54220193
Wisdom for both, Profession (Soldier) covers tactics and strategy and it's a Wisdom skill.
>>
>>54219444
Cabal why
>>
>>54215424
Look, if /sfg/ becomes a thing, I'll happily promote variety with 'THIS GAME SUCKS AND DOESN'T NEED TO EXIST' shitposts, but until then, I'm okay being quiet about it.
>>
Take the following scenario:
>you are traveling through the middle of fuck all no where
>in the mountains
>know the mountains are controlled by orcs
>stumble across two guys sleeping on the side of the trail
>they're just sort of wrapped in their cloaks in a cave off the trail (same one you planned on sleeping in)
>you're a paladin and detect evil
>from one guy you detect nothing from the other you detect and overwhelming presence of evil
What do you do?
>>
>>54220180
What support are you even capable of? From what I've seen Sphere Mighters don't do support at all outside of really passive "can't get snuck up on while asleep" stuff.
>>
>>54220169
Describing a slutty outfit *can* work, but don't go fucking overboard. Just drop details, like, once or twice. Make a few jokes about it, and don't push them if nobody laughs. If that's what you find fun, that's fine.

Just don't make your character all about sex. Not only is that a boring schtick, you're going to completely kill the mood if your GM actually wants the game to be about adventure rather than OH NO MUH TITTIES FLOPPIN OUT AGAIN HURRRR
>>
>>54220252
Why were you casting detect evil on random people? I never understood that, it seems kinda rude to just cast magic on people for shits and giggles. Did you have reason to suspect they might be evil or is that just your go-to? I've never played paladin, so maybe I'm missing something.
>>
>>54220252
Wake them up politely, ask to share their shelter, start asking some searching questions, maybe figure out who they are.

After that, I'll know if it's better to challenge them, or make my excuses and report what I've found out to the next town down the road and spread the word that there's a powerful evil on the loose.
>>
File: elfbutt.jpg (315KB, 1000x1314px) Image search: [Google]
elfbutt.jpg
315KB, 1000x1314px
>>54220270
>>54220192
>>54220209

What if the character is just sexy and decadent about life itself? Spoiled royalty, pampered noble, from a culture and region that lax on clothes and open to grandiose displays?
>>
>>54220293
You can't willingly associate with evil for any length of time, and you can't knowingly work with evil characters except in extreme circumstances (like a lot of adventures end up being).

It's basically like doing a background check on someone--a bit rude if it's done blatantly and as the first thing you do, but still helps keep you and others safe.
>>
>>54219929
>>54219793
Thank you anons!
>>
>>54220169
>>54220047
I must wonder why you're asking these questions, are you joining a campaign that's starting soon by any chance?
>>
>>54220315
Then it's your civic duty to teach them their place in an adventuring party.
>>
>>54220315
You've had answer after answer to this question, and yet you keep just trying to rephrase it until you get the answer you want.

Fuck off, nobody wants to hear about your character's tits.
>>
>>54220297
>>54220293
You've done well. You chose to not kill Frodo in his sleep.

My players did not and they murdered the Frodo equivalent carrying a powerful magic object with him. They then screamed that it was 'trap GMing' because they killed him without waking him up. The Paladin did in fact fall for murdering an innocent due to just not wanting to investigate.
>>
>>54220258
Warleader sphere, you can have an aura running, and then use Shouts for various effects. In theory you could do the Flashbang shit but that would probably make you a target and requires getting closer. There's also Alchemy for being a non-magical blaster but that sphere is Ssalarn's busted as shit baby.
>>
>>54220252
Radiating evil does not necessarily mean they themselves are evil.
They could be a neutral cleric of an evil god or have the Evil subtype without being evil. They might also have a small evil creature on their person. Extending to "commonly houseruled to detect as evil" things also permits them being under an evil spell, carrying an evil item, or just sitting in the evil part of the cave.

Investigation is required.
>>
>>54220315
In no universe would any royalty or nobility walk around in "clothes" like that. maybe, MAYBE if your character is from the worlds equivalent of deep South America, subsaharan Africa, etc. But it would be more national geographic style nudity compared to what you're posting.
>>
>>54220315
If she has any points in her Wisdom or Intelligence scores, she'd understand that she should wear significantly more clothes beyond her nation's borders; it might still be lewd and slutty by foreign standards, but to her it should seem stifling.

If you want some free personality and behavior, make her see being "modest" as a sort of mask she has to wear every day. This isn't the real her or her natural outfit, this is just an act she's putting on to keep the others from dropping her like a sack of kittens in the Mississippi. I'd find maybe one or two players who would PM with you, and have your woman attach to them as a vector to vent her frustrations.
>>
>>54220375
>having points in mental stats that aren't charisma
lmaoing @ ur life
>>
>>54220343
>There's also Alchemy for being a non-magical blaster but that sphere is Ssalarn's busted as shit baby.
This also requires you get close and land attack rolls. They might be touch but those are still hard to land on half-bab.

And all that you described can probably be done on a much less squishy character is my issue.
>>
>>54220369
This, nobility in Mesopotamia might wear something like that... While serving as sacred prostitutes. Normally, you would want to wear tons of clothes as a nobleman to show off your wealth while hiding the goods - this isn't for modesty, it's so you deny the common rabble the chance to ogle your full breasts or smooth stomach.
>>
>>54220364

This. Pinging Evil means that there's probably something you should look further into, not that you should plunge your sword into the chest of whoever's handy, screaming "IN IOMEDAE'S NAME".
>>
>>54220425
>>54220364
Again, good answer. My players answered incorrectly in this situation explained here >>54220338.
>>
File: NotVeryBright.gif (225KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
NotVeryBright.gif
225KB, 400x300px
>>54220315
Then you made a character that is overly sexual. End of subject. Characters can be royalty, nobles, or from all kinds of cultures, but you are the one that made that culture in that way. You are the one that made their backstory, and you made one that is overly sexual.

Even IF this was acceptable, the character is now out of their lands. They should be smart enough to conform to another culture. Wear those clothes in the privacy of her room, but it would be painfully obvious that her manner of dress is not the accepted norm.

Stop trying to excuse oversexualization with "But that's her culture! That's how she was raised!" That's how you designed her, and just like the dickass thief, it's a shitty design and it is disruptive to play.
>>
>>54220453
Not that anon, but doesn't the dickbag thief actively undermine and harm other players?
>>
>>54220415
>This also requires you get close and land attack rolls. They might be touch but those are still hard to land on half-bab.
Not that close. And if you look at how Touch AC scales with level/CR it actually gets easier over time. You can even just target a square (or is it an intersection? I can never remember) which is a pitifully easy static AC.
>And all that you described can probably be done on a much less squishy character is my issue.
Oh no doubt about that. But the pet is more than capable itself.
>>
>>54220463
That's precisely his point.
>>
>>54220463
Yes, it's disruptive to gameplay and the GM's attempt to narrate.

Just like making an oversexualized character who can't stop going on and on about their tits and/or cock. They're both stupid ideas that bog the game down.
>>
>>54220463

This is actually the issue.

The overly sexual character who is described in gory detail is focused on titillating PLAYERS and generally takes up an inordinate amount of focus on themselves for flowery descriptions and bold sexuality. It's another version of being the asshole who always has to ham everything up at every opportunity.

It's okay to create that sex bomb. Just keep it on the DL. The characters see them all the time, we don't need constant, flowery reminders in gory detail. You're just interrupting flow. Nobody's saying you can't get down and dirty between sessions or in PM. Just don't disrupt things and try not to strain suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>54220484
>Oh no doubt about that. But the pet is more than capable itself.
I'm wary of pet classes because my groups char-gen and overall level of encounter challenge all but assure that animal companions won't match up against the monsters we face for very long.
>>
>>54220510
What would you consider the absolute limit for an outfit that's both practical yet sexy?
>>
>>54220533
Not him but I wouldn't care either way, as long as you don't keep mentioning it.
>>
>>54220533

My tastes differ from many in that I'm a hardline boringfag and every little lewd thing tends to strain my suspension of disebelief.

That said, I'm not opposed to lewd stuff. As long as it doesn't interrupt a game. Two characters go shopping and have some chemistry? Later on in PMs we're having filthy sex occurring during the timeskipped shopping time.

The GM introduces an NPC with a lewd feature that is treated as a joke?

Later on in PM we are exploring that lewd bodily feature in gory, gooey detail.

Remember to preserve the game over titillation!
>>
File: 1488152722949.jpg (118KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
1488152722949.jpg
118KB, 900x744px
There's probably no mechanics for this, but, could stats be downgraded due a character evolution? Say, a character used to be more charismatic, but has grown to become cynical and uncaring of those surrounding him. Would it make sense to have a lower charisma than he used to at least in the backstory?
>>
>>54220533
I've played with "chesty" barbarians that went topless into battle, and besides pointing out studded nipples, it wasn't anything I'd whip my dick out over.
>>
>>54220579
This is how you write backstories for level 1-3 characters who used to be much higher level. I'd support this!
>>
>>54220598
not him, but how about the opposite problem? They gain a very large boost to a stat during the backstory

Like, a wildling who didn't know how to function in society, but starts with 18 charisma because she's emulating someone else?
>>
>>54220579
You could but your stats have nothing to do with your outlook or how you treat people. You can still be a cynical uncaring ass and have high charisma.
>>
>>54220518
Remember that in addition to being an animal companion it is also a familiar with all of its benefits, including qualifiying for familiar archetypes such as Mauler. On top of that you can get a fair number of evolution points to spend on it like it was an eidolon. You can also use an animal companion archetype such as DSP's Buraq or Legendary Games's Bestial Kineticist, and since it's fully intelligent it can take all feats without spending stat boots on Int. It's much stronger than normal, but it does sound like even that may not be enough for your game.
>>
>>54220658
That's often an effective way to add some personality to a character while offering reasons for them to become adventurers. Wrath of the Righteous for example has "Exposed to Awfulness", a trait where the player character canonically starts as a runtish weakling, but due to a demon attack they get hale and hearty.
>>
>>54220675

The mind is a complex thing. You may need to re-learn to become charismatic, the path may be easier or simple, but it is not instantaneous.
>>
>>54220510
Yeah, I'm an ERPer and a lewdfag and I have to agree with you. Just like you wouldn't focus on the minuscule detail of describing your character's satchel, you don't need minuscule detail for their slutty outfit. Just call it "revealing" and leave it at that. And for god's sake, do fade to black on any ERP scenes that are starting and then do them later, between sessions. Just like with having a normal one on one conversation with an NPC, the best thing to do is get things to move on quickly so you don't spend an hour of the session playing a scene that only one player is involved in.

>>54220533
If you play it right, it doesn't matter how lewd your outfit is because you don't need to focus anything more than passing detail on it.
>>
>>54220677
> Legendary Games's Bestial Kineticist,
I love how this basically turns your animal companion into a pokemon.

I guess if you combine it with construct rider you'd have a Digimon, especially if your GM lets you take something that's not a horse with it.
>>
>>54220209
>I'm sure you know how to PM THEM
...I really don't.
What, am I just supposed to start off with something IC? Just go "lemme smash plz" and hope they're cool with it? Or just say hi, shoot the shit a while, maybe start trying (oh fuck no god help me) to flirtily suggest some RP?
>>
>>54220833
I don't know what this thing is, but I like Digimon. So I can make my companion digivolve if I use the archetype? How does it work?
>>
>>54220932
The third one, anon! You can do it!
>>
>>54220932
Pitch a scene to them
>>
>>54221019
What if there's already a scene? What if they want, nay, need, to make their feelings known even after it's ended?
>>
>>54220932
>Just go "lemme smash plz"
Your tail is too small for that to work. You'll have to lay down some smooth moves first. Maybe bring them blue.
>>
>>54221064
What about yellow? You think she wants yellow?
And I assure you my tail isn't that small.
>>
My current setting is polytheistic. So I made a polytheistic cleric archetype.

https://pastebin.com/S3LzR2mF

Does this seem reasonable and flavorful (in so far as "worships everyone" can have distinct flavor, that is)?
>>
>>54221052
Then you ask to smash, assuming you're talking about laying with someone in your group
>>
>>54221170
>not smashing someone in your group
>who knows you and you have good chemistry with
what are you, gay?
>>
>>54221052
You'll have to elaborate here. Are you asking what if your character needs to confess their love to the other character after the ERP scene is over?
>>
>>54220932
It's the third one, you say hello, see if they're interested in doing something private, and then pitch a scene idea - remember, the burden of making the scene is on the person that wants a scene.

The absolute worst that can happen is the player saying no, they don't like ERP, and that's that. They'll know their character is sexually attractive, which for some people can be empowering.
>>
>>54220932

It's excruciating, like to overcome the anxiety to ask for a scene I have to drink heavily, but it's rewarding when it happens. Just don't be pushy.

Like just be like..."Hey, this might be a little out of the blue, but would you like to maybe.....XXXXXXXXXX? No pressure or anything, and we can figure out if it's canon or not later. I just thought you might be up for a little more fun."

I know you can do it! ....But the tough part is making sure you hold up on your end of the bargain and don't get negative if things don't work out how you want it to.
>>
>>54221164
>https://pastebin.com/S3LzR2mF

Jesus christ. That's a straight up buff to the cleric. For what purpose.
>>
>>54221216
And make sure you can hold your liquor if you do this. If you can't, you'll fucking spill your spaghetti all over the damn place. Had somebody do that to me, then came on the next day full of apologies.
>>
>>54221264

Storytime?
>>
>>54221253
What would you recommend, then?
I want to maintain domain spell access and positive/negative energy versatility.
>>
>>54221344
Then you're committed to keeping the archetype an overpowered piece of shit, and no one can help you.
>>
>>54220700
>>54220700
Honestly, I was fishing for opinions is all, so I'm glad you're giving confirmation

Because I used Chance Encounter to bolster her Charisma, emulating that succubus tongue.
>>
>>54221294
Basically, he came on drunk, posted something about his character rubbing my character's butt, and I was like, "Nah, I'm going to bed." Flipped out about how I ERP'd with somebody else, and I was targeting him and all this shit. Went on for a while about how other players were isolating him and he didn't deserve to be treated like that. He was a co-GM, and he even told me not to go on any of his encounters anymore, or I'd regret it. It was so pathetic. Next day, he came back apologizing. Said his girlfriend left him and he'd been drinking. Not that interesting, really. Just make sure you can handle yourself before asking.
>>
>>54221362
Jesus man, you haven't even told me what you think the issue is. Calm down a bit.
>>
>>54221380
I did tell you what the issue is.

You're taking a Tier 1 class, and then straight up buffing it.
>>
>>54221375

Man.

Every time I worry about coming across like an ass and dealing with the anxiety over being rejected, I remember that it could be worse: I could be like -those- people.

Also:

>co-GM

dear god it was a clusterfuck from the beginning.
>>
>>54221344
My suggestion? Completely change how the archetype makes the class function. Remove channeling, describe it as "priests who can't choose who to side with don't get channeling or spontaneous cures/inflicts because nobody wants to sponsor them". Maybe even get rid of the cleric spells wholesale, and just give them a set amount of domain slots that they have to fill with spells from domains; suddenly this makes previously-bad domains (the alignment domains, Death/Healing) extremely important to keep your basic clerical abilities, and now you've got to balance between those and using more esoteric domains.
>>
>>54221403
This is why you don't play in living campaigns. This is why you especially don't play in living campaigns with "mature themes." So many horror stories.
>>
>>54221449
That's actually a fun idea. I'll have to look over the domain spell lists to see how much chaos that would cause.
>>
>>54221344
>https://pastebin.com/S3LzR2mF
Change all emcopassing domain so he has to choose from which domains he picks each day, two at the start, three at Xth level, four at Yth level to a maximun of whatever at 20th level.
Still versatile but not ALL THE SPELLS ALL THE TIME.

Also in exchange for the versatility of Ambivalence add in Manifold Aura that he always counts as whatever alignment is worse when being targeted by spells and abilities. So when a paladin smites him he counts as Evil, when he's hit with Arrow of Law he counts as chaotic, when he faces someone with a Protection from Law he counts as lawful.
Basically whenever he faces a devout of a single god, or an Outsider, he's on the disadvantage
>>
New Thread:

>>54221665
>>54221665
>>54221665
>>54221665
>>54221665
>>
>>54221505
What IS so bad about living campaigns?
>>
>>54221872

It attracts too many players who are NEETs first of all, and thus, have terrible personalities and no lives.

Second, it encourages people to take their characters between multiple games to pile on rewards and XP and punishes people who can't constantly nolife for more XP: They essentially become sidekicks or NPCs to the big guys.

Second of all, if there's multiple GMs, it'll quickly become apparent that one of the GMs has bad taste, or is very free with rewards, or has a bad personality in some other way(such as the aforementioned ERP with me or I kill your character threats).

It just attracts bad people. Weekly games with regular schedules are proven to work. Characters get a good amount of spotlight and characterization and a week is a good amount of time to handle between game minisession stuff such as small interaction, downtime, and [PMING THEM].
>>
>>54221872
I've actually outlined it a few times, but essentially they need tons of players and a bunch of GMs because they're always on, and people will always want something running that their fucked up schedules can manage. It comes down to shitty vetting and stagnation. Without some kind of driving force, they just sit around spilling their entire backstories to each other, then doing fuckall because they've gone through ever topic of conversation. The story aspect is what provides new stimulus in campaigns, and without it, it's just... nothing. Once you get mid level, the focus switches to low level, because there's a constant influx of players. Eventually, people abandon characters for something with a new story because they have nothing interesting to say or do, so the focus remains forever on low levels. No vetting means half the players are fucking incompetent and can't roleplay for shit, while the GMs are gaming the system for fat profit to their characters that they are allowed to have. GMPC syndrome takes hold, then they're running encounters for each other to level faster. Or they don't actually know the system, so going on one of their encounters is a chore. I've had encounters that ran over 6 hours and didn't finish, then nobody met up again for weeks, so the GM gave up and just awarded them the exp. Shitty communication between GMs leads to drama and differing rulings, and the players suffer. They're just a clusterfuck of shit players and shit GMs because for the game to survive, the GMs think it has to have an open door policy. I think a few of them actually vet, and they do alright, but they still have the issue of stagnation.
>>
>>54221985
>It attracts too many players who are NEETs first of all, and thus, have terrible personalities and no lives.

I feel like this is almost everyone on /pfg/
>>
>>54222025

You'd be surprised: At least most of the cabal seem to be employed at least part time, and more than a few are career folks.
>>
>>54221164
Use the Shaman. It does "polytheistic" much better than the cleric
>>
>>54219922
>in SoM
Yeah, but it's not like I give a shit.
>>
>>54221603
That's a wonderful idea, thank you.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.