[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We had thought we were alone amongst the stars of our galaxy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Abadox[1].png (136KB, 600x292px) Image search: [Google]
Abadox[1].png
136KB, 600x292px
>We had thought we were alone amongst the stars of our galaxy, that we were just unlucky within our own system, and that there was more out there. There -had- to be more, that was what we thought as we sent out signals into the vast unknown, hoping to find something, anything.
>We found something alright, something beyond our expectations
>It was large, larger than anything we could have possibly hoped for, larger than we ever could have imagined. It was simply beyond belief.
>We reached out across the cosmos, searching desperately for something else, and we had found It. It saw us, and It was coming for us.
>People rejoiced at this, some seeming happy, but others did not share this joy. Those who had found the thing knew what was coming, they saw the signs. The stars going out, constellations vanishing, the sky going darker with each passing year.
>The united governments at the time decided to act as soon as the first few stars started to fade out, bringing together their resources and technologies in order to prepare for our immediate evacuation.
>With their combined forces, they managed to strip our Solar System of most of it's resources, all in order to build up a vessel to evacuate the entirety of the population before the end came
>By the end of this great work, the sky was almost completely dark, all of the stars long since gone. The time had come
>People were ushered into the great titan of machinery cogwork just as a great shadow descended over the entire planet. It was here.
>Even now, nobody can truly say what the thing was, just that it was too large, and that it should not be.
>Our home destroyed we drifted off into the vastness of the cosmos, ever fleeing from a foe that cannot be stopped, a foe that cannot be sated. Now we can only hope
>>
File: MR-14455-228961-6[1].jpg (786KB, 1900x1330px) Image search: [Google]
MR-14455-228961-6[1].jpg
786KB, 1900x1330px
This is just like in my Japanese animes!
>>
>>54212161
But Remina wasn't exactly Solar System sized, Anon. Besides, everyone died at the end of that story anyway.
>>
>>54212289
Didn't they end up in some flying saferoom?
>>
File: Hellstar+36[1].jpg (526KB, 1456x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hellstar+36[1].jpg
526KB, 1456x1024px
>>54212308
Yeah, but everyone else was dead. Remina devoured the entire damn planet, and all the poor buggers on it. Only the main character and one guy who was the brother of some crazy love-interest from a very rich family, were left of the entire human race. Everyone else became demon food.
>>
>>54212358

That Army of one story afterwards was pretty fucked up as well.
>>
>>54212076
>larger than we ever could have imagined
I know this is just a turn of phrase, but it always annoys me when people describe products of their imagination as "beyond imagination".
>>
>>54212580
agree
>We can't understand their culture! They have 50 words for snow!
YOU JUST TAUGHT SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR CULTURE. IT IS ENTIRELY WITHIN THE REALM OF COMPREHENSION
>>
>>54212601
>Hyperbole disturbs the autist
>>
>>54212580
Here I can understand it, as something that big would have so many structural issues that it would require so many things to be reinterpreted.
>>
>>54212076
Thought that was a mycon. Disappointed.
>>
>>54214721
No? Structural issues are no impediment to imagination. Nor is being outright impossible. "Big" is not beyond imagination.
>>
File: mycon.gif (61KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
mycon.gif
61KB, 485x213px
>>54216099
But Mycon aren'the -quite- that large, Anon.
>>
Pic related, or not really?
Not entirely sure the direction to go from here.
I mean, it's like BSG, except you're running from existentialism rather than robots.
>>
File: xmultiply-3[1].png (62KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
xmultiply-3[1].png
62KB, 384x256px
>>54220688
Don't really know what you're trying to convey here, Anon. If you want to write something using this as a basis, you are free to do so. I mostly just made the little prompt to get it out of my system.
>>
>>54221161
Cool, cool.
Mostly just venting my frustration that it feels like something can be done with the prompt, but I'm powerless to do so.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.