[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All right, /tg/, after watching the Azure Strike Gunvolt 2 speedrun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: ASGV.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ASGV.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
All right, /tg/, after watching the Azure Strike Gunvolt 2 speedrun on SGDQ earlier this week, I'm curious to see how one would go about trying to work the concept of Adepts into their game.

So, to make a long anime story short, the Lifewave is the connecting factor between all things, similar to the Lifestream in FF7. For the longest time, it was believed that there were 6 stages of the Lifewave existed, and each living person and animal was attached to one of these stages as they were born. Stages 4 and higher were more powerful stages, where those attached to them were supernatural mystics and psychics.

Adepts came about as scientists discovered the 7th, Septimal stage of the Lifewave, and can control and generate incredible energy, referred to as their Septimal powers. Obviously, considering it's coming from a fairly weeb-y series, there's the obvious elemental users, with the main character controlling lightning. There's also more abstract Adepts, controlling space (and portals), mirrors, and iron among others.

The biggest thing is that while most Adepts are born and develop these powers naturally around age 10 or so, there are ways to artificially induce Septimal powers in people who would otherwise be normal humans. Seriously, kind of a big spoiler ahead Gunvolt, the main character, is one of these.

This definitely feels like more of a "five minutes into the future" kind of modern fantasy, if not another brand of magic in a sci-fi setting, but I still find it kinda neat in it's own way.
>>
>>54212035
While I liked the game, the explanation behind the power was pretty nonsense. Even so, we had something similar in an old campaign I played in. An alien goddess arrived and "turned on" magic for the world and suddenly everyone could do magic, but a tiny percentage of the population could do so much more with it and were basically elementals.
>>
>>54212035
So it's Chi. Got it.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.