[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Common shit players do that annoy the hell out of you >player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

ITT: Common shit players do that annoy the hell out of you

>player has a mundane, nonmagical animal companion/pet

>they command it do to really specific complex shit like 'chase after that one specific carriage in a street full of them and drop this item on it that'll let us track it!'

Fucking a. They're not robots, they're animals.
>>
>>54211989
>your dog runs off for a moment, before dropping a ball at your feet. You hear a small child crying in the distance
>>
>>54211989
>Whining when enemies do something other than throw themselves on the swords/bullets of the party, instead acting like they want to win fights, or if that option isn't on the table anymore, just survive.
>Agreeing to something in session zero, and then acting surprised when it comes up, or even upset.
>Not getting that people with political or other forms of institutional power don't necessarily have good combat stats; also the converse, I've lost track of the number of times I've gotten either confusion or outrage when you have a powerful troubleshooter working for a relatively weak boss, without actual problems in the working relationship.
>>
>>54211989
That's why you need that there druid with beastbond
>>
>>54212185
Holy FUCK does this irk me when I hear it, but also when Im playing in a game and I butcher four bandit muggers with one hand tied behind my back and the fifth comes rushing up just as eager
>>
>>54211989
While I'm always open to feedback, pointless nitpicking just pisses me off.

>Finish a great session
>Party has been traversing through a giants dungeon
>Nitpicky player says, yeah it was great but it didn't make any sense that we entered in a kitchen /dining area , went down towards their bedrooms and then went down further towards a sitting area because people would build less desirable rooms towards the bottom of a building.
>I'm only saying because I think you're great but can be be the best anon.

Wtf , they're giants and how does that help anything.
>>
>>54213341
The architecture of any "dungeon" doesn't make a lick of sense. It's literally just a series of random rooms build with no clear intended purpose or intent, other than to kill players and drop loot at appropriate intervals.
>>
File: 19478-14256-3518.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
19478-14256-3518.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>"I cast Prestidigitation to clean my clothes."
>>
>>54214593
What's wrong with that? It's not like cleaning your clothes (or not) has any mechanical meaning in the game.
>>
>>54214593
Prestidigitation should just be completely reworked.
>>
>>54214758

Eh, I find the idea of a spell specifically designed to reward students with convenience and creature comforts in exchange for dedicated practice in the magical arts to be pretty flavorful and thematic. I think it's fine.
>>
>>54214593
What's your problem? Spell as written does that.
>>
>>54215295
the problem is it comes with 100 riders to ensure that it meets the designer's will of "this spell is only for flavor and has absolutely no combat use" but can still be broken in a myriad of ways.
>>
>>54214593
It does that. There are even magical items that tell you that it does that.
>>
>>54214593
This, though honestly I'd have less of a problem with that line if you were forced to seek out and pay for an "Ethel's Ethereal Launderer" cantrip.
>>
>>54214593
It annoys me too, not because it's unfair or wrong, just because so much of the game points toward low-level adventures being gritty and ugly, but then casters get a bunch of really low-level catch-all fix-everything spells
I wonder what level of autistic screeching you'd get if you houseruled it to take several minutes to cast
>>
>>54215614
honestly it'd be pretty great if ALL spend needed a long time to cast
>>
>>54215809
*spells
>>
>>54215809
Have you tried not playing D&D?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.