[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it fun to play with groups who play with weeb aesthetics so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: 1498977472937.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1498977472937.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
Is it fun to play with groups who play with weeb aesthetics so that nearly every PC and NPC is a cute anime girl/trap?
>>
Just like in every case, depends on the group.
If you and all of them including DM like it. It's probably gonna be comfy fun like nep, or pain and eternal despair like "made in abyss"
Have fun
>>
File: trampier treasure.jpg (665KB, 1200x1630px) Image search: [Google]
trampier treasure.jpg
665KB, 1200x1630px
>>54202365
Is that a remake of this illustration?
>>
>>54202365
Play game as "normal"
Add anime
>>
>>54202365
Never experienced such a game but what I can say is that after 600 hours of Crusader Kings 2, the weebshit portrait mod improved my enjoyment of the game immensely.
>>
>>54202365
Not sure about your "weeb aesthetics", but our current campaign is an unholy fusion of Outlaw Star, Slayers, Ar Tonelico and Dungeon meshi.

We DO have two cute girls in the party, though. Well, for a given value of "cute".
>>
File: noise miku.jpg (391KB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
noise miku.jpg
391KB, 800x1132px
>>54202365
generally no.
a lot of people forget that tabletop isn't as visual medium like anime is and think that deviantart tier titty monsters and over the top sword fights will make their roleplay better, when ultimately its still talking to the same GM and its still rolling dice and adding numbers.

with that in mind look into systems that can replicate the style your going for and think about how npcs can work within your specific anime themed setting, shit that you should be doing anyway.
>>
>>54202949
There's no such thing as an "anime system" because it's a stupid idea that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>54202365
Your playing games as a grown adult. If everyone is having fun playing traps/ hyper realist/ battle map / political only / rail road / magical realm who gives a fuck,
Its a game. Enjoy it
>>
File: kamigakari.png (213KB, 1395x1443px) Image search: [Google]
kamigakari.png
213KB, 1395x1443px
>>54203604
Kamigakari is pretty anime
>>
>>54204124
Only because you think "anime" is actually a descriptor of anything.
This is only the case when your de facto idea of fantasy is 3.PF D&D, and not real life mythology.
>>
>>54204165
did anime touch you inappropriately anon?
>>
File: 1474414475588.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474414475588.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>54202365
>It's a "cute islamists committing cute acts of terrorism" campaign
>The first mission is an attempt to kidnap president Donna-chan
>>
File: polynesian myth.png (125KB, 3010x404px) Image search: [Google]
polynesian myth.png
125KB, 3010x404px
>>54204165
Yeah, but we can admit it's just trashy entertainment when we say it's anime. Say it's real life mythology and suddenly we all gotta be respectful and shit
>>
>>54202365
>aesthetics
>in a tabletop game
Never understood this.
You're playing in the theater of the mind, how the fuck does it matter what aesthetics you prefer?
Every player imagines the world as he sees fit.
Unless you explicitly say "everything in this world looks like anime", no one would know.
>>
>>54204298
I mean you could style the game after anime story telling tropes, it just wouldn't be visual
>>
As someone who's almost up for any time of game, including one about magical girls and weeb shit, a game where nearly every player AND NPC is a cute anime girl/trap sounds like literal hell.

Like, it sounds legitimately terrible.

It would hurt to play.
>>
>>54204323
Anime is a visual medium, there is no such thing as "anime story telling tropes".
>>
>>54204357
What about a game where everyone is a hotblooded "loose cannon" shonen with dangerous disregard for rules?
>>
>>54204423
I don't think anime as a whole has a specific set of tropes but certain genres do, shonen battle anime for example have a set of unifying charteristics that aren't solely visual
>>
File: 1489746160127.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
1489746160127.png
592KB, 914x898px
>>54204423
>anon was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly discovered a passage to an alternate world. Strangely enough, every post he made on 4chan in that alternate world was utterly wrong.
>anon was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly awakened the power to post utter nonsense on 4chan.
>anon was just an ordinary high schooler who loved posting bullshit on 4chan. For some reason this got 3-8 girls around him incredibly aroused and now they compete for his affection.
>anon was just an ordinary high schooler attending a high school dedicated to posting bullshit on 4chan. He desires to be the biggest shitposter in human history, but he will have to compete with many rivals. Through teamwork and GANBARE he will eventually succeed.
>anon is just a cute girl posting cute misinformation on 4chan. Also he's a maid or a magical girl, perhaps both.
>anon is a demon, but he's not malevolent. He just loves posting things that are wrong on 4chan. Meanspirited angels bully him for this.
>>
>>54204436
I would love this if it was well executed, the trick would be getting the game to feel like an anime on more than a surface level
>>
>>54204465
>>anon was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly discovered a passage to an alternate world.
Literally any "stranger in strange land" plot. Specific example: Alice in the Wonderland.
>>anon was just an ordinary high schooler, when he suddenly awakened the power
Literally any urban fantasy. Specific example: Harry Potter.
>anon was just an ordinary high schooler who loved posting bullshit on 4chan. For some reason this got 3-8 girls around him incredibly aroused and now they compete for his affection.
Literally any romance novel. Pride and Prejudice. The "harem" thing itself isn't really prominent in western culture, so I don't remember any examples off the top of my head.
Etc. - I visit 4chan to degrade myself, not to argument this shit.
The one I laughed the most at is:
>>anon is a demon, but he's not malevolent.
Master and Margarita, His Dark Materials, Memnoch the Devil.
>>
>>54204436
Now that sounds like a fun game. A train wreck, but a fun kind.
>>
>>54204323
But anime story telling tropes are just the watered down droppings of cheap western media.

Nippies haven't been capable of producing anything original since they became an American vassal state.
>>
>>54204598
>>54204465

you're all wrong theres only two kinds of storytelling, ones that happened and ones that didn't
>>
File: Nomura_Fudou.png (401KB, 475x695px) Image search: [Google]
Nomura_Fudou.png
401KB, 475x695px
>>54204436
>What about a game where everyone is a hotblooded "loose cannon" shonen with dangerous disregard for rules?
So, everyone is this guy?
>>
File: 1496689139870.png (135KB, 327x771px) Image search: [Google]
1496689139870.png
135KB, 327x771px
>>54202365
Cute girls make everything better.

No exceptions.
>>
>>54204465
Don't go hating on Three Hearts and Three Lions!
>>
>>54202365
Normally I'd say no, but if the group is weeb enough there's a chance that there won't be any male PCs or even NPCs of note, and things end up feeling weird and samey.
>>
>>54208147
Totally agree.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.