[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gurps Gen "Can't post the OP cause I'm a dirty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_0455.jpg (27KB, 530x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0455.jpg
27KB, 530x165px
Gurps Gen

"Can't post the OP cause I'm a dirty phone poster" edition
>>
If I wanted to play as a lovecraft artifact that converts people into cultists of his, how would I do that?

Domination and mind control seem wrong for this concept, any way to do this?
>>
File: 1477611130901.pdf (350KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1477611130901.pdf
350KB, 1x1px
>>54202260
OP here.
>>
>>54202260
>yfw your physical GURPS books show up in the mail
>yfw still no one to play with
>>
>>54202453
Possession maybe?

The hard thing is the body template for an incorporeal being tied to an idol. The easy part is the domination...
>>
>>54202493
Roll20
>>
>>54202453
Affliction (Fanaticism/Delusion/Discipline of Faith)?
>>
>>54202691
What book is that in?
>>
>>54202921
Basic Set my man.
>>
>>54202453
K the statue I'm trying to play is indestructible, you can buy indestructibility for 100 points unkillible 2, but I want to be constantly industrucible, how would I do that?
>>
>>54203171
Tons of DR and Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction), possibly with Cosmic yo let you round down. There's also a Perk that means you don't *show* any damage until you die.
>>
>>54203171
Injury Tolerance (Damage Divisor) at high levels with Cosmic (Rounds Down) plus a modest amount of DR. You aren't really indestructible, but it's unlikely in any normal game you'd find enough damage to cause you any injury.

GURPS isn't big on absolutes, so it's hard to get there.
>>
Goddamn I feel like I'm losing my mind. I could have SWORN that the new issue of Pyramid included in "It's A Quest!" a table for general quest creation like "It's a kill mission" or "It's a rescue mission." However, all I'm finding are general things--this quest centers around THING or PERSON or EXTREME EVENT or whatever--which isn't what I'm remembering.

Did I dream it up? Am I really such a boring fa/tg/uy that I dream about Pyramid articles?
>>
>>54204692
>>54204704
K I'm just going to get unkillible 2 and regen.

My statue can't actually move or do anything, should I get warp or telekinesis to move myself around?
>>
What CAN'T Gurps do? What's it bad at or what sort of characters are hard to build with it?
>>
>>54205789
Warp (Only when not directly observed, -20%) is suitably creepy.
>>
>>54206224
Probably something with a bunch of arbitrary abstract stats wouldn't work. Like Maid RPG has stats for "Affection" and other weaboo nonsense that a more simulationist system like GURPS really doesn't take into account.
>>
>>54206224
Ultra-high power games are often more trouble than they're worth if you're actually spending them (if you're playing a demigod game with 2250-point characters, but everyone has to take the same 2000-point template, they only have to actually spend 250 points).

Really abstract or really weird games struggle in GURPS because the system is so heavily based in realism. Fantasy or weird still works fine in GURPS, mind you; the issue is when you go really far. Basically, if you're familiar with Exalted, GURPS can do Solars quite well (including the odder castes) but is out of its depth when doing Sidereals.
>>
>>54206412
To be fair, Exalted doesn't do sidereal exalted very well either. They are calvinball.
>>
>>54206469
Yeah, Sidereals was a bit excessive of an example. The only real system I can think of that handles them effectively is really really abstract games like Dread (every weird kung-fu ass-pull means you pull a brick; a collapsing tower means you fuck up) or DRYH (replace Exhaustion and Madness with motes and something else relevant). On that note, those are my two favorite non-GURPS games for that reason: they excel where GURPS doesn't.
>>
>>54202260
Never played GURPS, what's its deal other than being practically universal?
>>
>>54206542
the dice system is 3d6, meaning you get more average rolls than other systems,
>>
File: GURPS Combat.jpg (702KB, 1858x1588px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS Combat.jpg
702KB, 1858x1588px
>>54206542
See
>>54202479
It's a legitimately good system with lots of good material made for it. I quite Pathfinder in favor of GURPS because it plays faster and has rules that actually encourage roleplaying.
>>
>>54206542
Not sure about other people, but the reason I play GURPS is that it encourages character building, as opposed to build erm... building.

Example: you want to play a sword dude
in D&D
>alright, I'll be a fighter
>I'll be a halforc because it gives a bonus to strength and constitution
forevermore, that character will be known as [name], the half orc fighter

In GURPS:
>alright, I'll bump up DX and ST to hit more reliably and take damage better
> let's see, I need more points for my sword skill, I'll take the callous and bad tempered disadvantages
>herb lore sounds fucking dope, I'll put a couple points in that, guess I have a background in magic
As you make your character, you create a person with a background without even trying.

even better, in play there's never any ambiguity about how your character should feel or react: it's right there on your character sheet. It eliminates stupid arguments about alignment, and gets people right to the fucking point.

Imo it's THE absolute best system out there to get new people into roleplaying and help them actually roleplay

>>54206549
A little more explanation of this post: this is desirable because it makes modifiers mean more depending on your skill level

On a D20 a +1 barely matters. on 3d6, a +1 can be very important indeed
>>
File: Bellcurve.png (2KB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
Bellcurve.png
2KB, 400x230px
>>54207007
Bell curved probability versus flat probability son
>>
With the wealth of pdfs available im finding it hard to just read on my desktop or phone. As it stands i do not had a tablet so im limited to either reading on those devices or printing them out (which as it turns out is costly).

Now i do have a kindle, i notice with a lot of the splat contents are all text based and black and white. Has anyone been able to have GURPS pdf converted for the kindle? And if they have has the experience reading it on the kindle been good?
>>
>>54207206
My friend recently got something to work. He wrote a shell program that runs the PDF through the pdftotext unix package and properly parses it; the main issue with other converters is that the columns REALLY throws everything off. The script even maintains tables.

It converts them to plain text files, which are EZPZ to put on a kindle. You'll obviously still have some issues (no totally automated action comes out perfect) and no pictures, but it's been working ok for me.
>>
How do I make a grapple monster gurps gen?
>>
>>54206224

I'd avoid a mecha game or anything heavily involving vehicles other than spaceships. GURPS has 3rd edition rules for them but nothing I'd be very happy with.

I'm writing something now to change that, but for now it's true
>>
>>54207733
Extra arms
Constriction attack
Strength
>>
>>54207784
SM too, which also make ST cheaper.
>>
>>54207733

Increase size modifier, injury tolerance homogenous, extra arms. 360* vision, constriction attack, stretching, and a few levels of slippery.
>>
>>54206542

That's the big thing. Universal means that you can run any game. You can also run your own custom setting. And you can get two games that don't normally cross over to cross over successfully (swords and sorcery characters suddenly end up in a cyberpunk world, and you have rules ready for everything including the interactions and everything is still balanced).

So it can be anything (any genre) and everything (multiple genres interoperating).

Some other strengths

>>54206549

3d6 does give you more average rolls, but the bigger advantage is that it reacts to bonuses and penalties more elegantly than a flat game like D&D. In d20, having to roll at 1 or 20 means that you "fall off" the end of the die and further modifiers are meaningless. In GURPS, as you get closer to the extremes, a bonus's impact on your chance of succeeding/failing goes down, but its impact on your chances of a critical success/failure go way up.

There's also 10^(1/6), also called the SSR or Size/Speed/Range table. That's a core of GURPS as well, though most people only use the table. The progression is 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15... etc into infinity. That logarithmic progression means that stuff operating in wildly different scales (say a leprechaun punching a Star Destroyer) can be handled within the system and give good easy results without resorting to kluges. That progression appears all over the place, so once you know those five numbers (multiplying by 10, 100, 1000, whatever) you can handle nearly any scale, and any interactions between scales.

That's nice if you have a special operations trooper climbing over a BattleMech to disable it with a satchel pack.

The other big tool in your toolkit is Power Modifiers. Basically, you can make any kind of effect or condition and turn it into an Advantage in GURPS. Or quickly change a sorcery spell into a cybernetic implant, psi power, or divinely granted miracle.
>>
i have gurps 4th on pdf. im trying to get my head around it but ive never actually ran any RPG type thing and it seems really dense. can you spare any advice for a friendly neighborhood anon?
>>
>>54207910
Read GURPS Lite first (in the Lite folder in the mega). Read that, run a game with it, get comfortable before moving on to Basic Set.
>>
>>54207910

Play GURPS Lite. Keep it simple. Add (sparingly!) from other books once you're used to the system. Read "How to be a GURPS GM".

Use the Abstract Range rule from the Action series instead of the SSR table for combat.

Prep for your games. GURPS can handle you running something by the seat of your pants... but only once you're experienced.

Don't add too many options at once. One at a time and only if you need them. Kitchen-sinking it early is a leading cause of GURPS failure. Just because you can do anything doesn't mean you should try to do everything. At least not while you're learning.

Finally, enforce options on players. They could do anything, but again don't let them. In your campaign you have to define the limits. Otherwise your modern horror game will be taken over by psionic nanobotic AI wizards from the future.

Apart from the need for preparation, the key weakness of GURPS is that it works in such a range of situations that people get mad when it starts breaking down under conditions where any other game would long since have fallen apart entirely.
>>
>>54207910
Keep
it
simple
Stupid

Only consider what you need, don't get bogged down in possibilities, and don't plan more than one session ahead
>>
>>54207577
Thanks for the response. This seems interesting but screwing with the tables seems like a downside, i dont mind the columns things as much.
Looks like its high time one must invest in a tablet
>>
>>54208006

About ten years or so ago they moved from three columns to two in order to be more tablet friendly.
>>
>>54207985
>>54208004
>>54208000
thanks a bunch.
>>
>>54207007
Everything this guy says it's true.

Fuck D&D building with a rake.
>>
>>54206412
With ultra high power; do you mean it still works fine and its just a pain to build the characters?

I'm still new to the system but it looks like it should do extremely high power (in the general sense, not GURPS PL) games fine. That's what all the cinematic options are for right? You don't just make characters with huge point values to do high power is my understanding. Is that correct?
>>
>>54208615
Games at higher point totals are harder to run because it's harder for GMs to get in the right mindset/scale and create appropriate threats, and also because the sheer amount of points means you have ridiculous latitude with your spending. If you focus on a concept and stop spending when you stop needing it (read: don't use point totals, build to concept instead), then all that's left is for the GM to come up with appropriate scenarios and adventures for the PCs.

GURPS works great at all power levels. It's up to the GM to run it well.
>>
>>54208615
Exactly. Unless the majority of your points are going into an established templates (e.g. "all demigods need Ridiculous Luck (Aspected), ST 40, HT 16, DX and IQ 14, Unkillable 2, etc. etc. etc.) or dumped into one attribute or advantage (e.g. "I'm playing a brick of a super, so I'm buying ST 100!"), it's such a pain in the ass to divvy them up into individual skills, advantages, attributes, etc.

As for values, it's a bit of both. Campaign switches totally help--with the campaign options in Action, even 250 heroes can be nigh-unstoppable badasses--but point value also plays a large part.
>>
>>54208615
>>54208744
I ask because I am planning a campaign that will start at about 125/-25 pl no magic type deal and later on ramp up to a higher power level when I give the players a template on top and a package of character themed unique special abilities. So that's good to hear.
>>
>>54202453
Telepathy and inhumanly high IQ/social skills
>>
>>54208840
That sounds like ideal pacing actually
>>
>>54208856
So can I make people fanatical to me? how would I do that?
>>
>>54209517
Domination Advantage, Basic Set.
>>
>>54209517
...Well, you can read the book so you at least know where to start asking instead of trying to get others to do the work for you.
>>
>>54210103
I have read the book. It says that you can get a good or very good reaction on a roll. Nothing about it says fanatical
>>
>>54209517
Read Social Engineering. It has a large section on building trust and relationships as well as an expanded reaction table.
>>
>>54210125
Try reading through the advantages then. >>54210078
Gave you the spoonfeeding you'll find most useful
>>
>>54210396
I know about domination, it didn't feel right, I'm not hurting anyone, nor am I changing their race. Its a corruption thing.
>>
>>54210455
Then you'll want Brainwashing as a skill.
>>
>>54210455
Horror might have something for inflicting Corruption. Beyond that, I'll samefag about Affliction that inflicts one of Fanaticism, Delusion, or similar disadvantages.
>>
>>54210540
You see that's temporary, making it go against my plan, really good suggestion though
>>
>>54209517
Terror with option from GURPS Powers that makes it causing Awe instead.
With high enough roll you can turn people into fanatics.
>>
File: frog.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>54206542
I like GURPS because the community behind it is pretty robust. Pyramid continues to put out useful articles, which help preserve the longevity of the system, and people in this general and in the GURPS Discord are pretty helpful overall.

GURPS has a lot of quality content, as well. The tech books (Low-Tech, High-Tech, and Ultra-Tech) are easily some of the best supplements ever written for a game system. Low-Tech is easily my favorite because it has great manufacturing rules, awesome armor hit location rules, and provides a lot of insight into how to play a "low-tech" game. Plus, the rules can easily be used in a higher tech setting, such as in a post-apocalyptic game where players will have to make their own armor and use older survival techniques.
>>
File: 1425808585383.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425808585383.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>playing GURPS
lol
>>
>>54210634
>that's temporary,
BUT not if you buy up to permanency. Re-read afflictions, maledictions, and all that fun stuff. Its a few pages long for a reason dawg
>>
File: 1395895817714.jpg (31KB, 406x289px) Image search: [Google]
1395895817714.jpg
31KB, 406x289px
>GURPS """"""""""""""""art""""""""""""""
>>
File: GLITCH.gif (12KB, 676x661px) Image search: [Google]
GLITCH.gif
12KB, 676x661px
>>54202260
>"Can't post the OP cause I'm a dirty phone poster"

what the hell kind of shitty phone are you using where you can't copy an old OP into a note document, edit it, and then copy paste the new version into your OP post?

I've got an old iPhone 5C and I can do that!
>>
>>54208006
Related to this, what do y'all use to view the pdfs on (android) tablets? I have yet to find a pdf reader that really lets me flip around like I want to. So far I haven't even found one that lets me set bookmarks or pull up the table of contents in a sidebar.
>>
File: dung bullet.jpg (16KB, 320x389px) Image search: [Google]
dung bullet.jpg
16KB, 320x389px
In general how much of gunpowder in cartridge?
Possible maximum or just fraction of it -- 90%, 75%, etc?
>>
>>54211867

There is no in general when talking about something as variable as a cartridge. You should ask about a specific caliber or weapon.
>>
>>54211338
Begone heathen!

>>54211418
Yes, those two are mutually exclusive terms.
>>
>>54212451
surely there must be SOME counterexample?
>>
>>54213204
counterexample to what? There wasn't really a claim made that I could refute.
>>
>>54207766
You can make mecha as spaceships. There is options for that in Spaceships 4.

I'd suggest to allow combining legs with drives and to count two-handed weapons as fixed mounts with possibility of using most weapons in two hands to get that sweet +2 to attack at the cost of smaller firing arc (not like mecha care about this that much).
>>
>>54207007
>On a D20 a +1 barely matters. on 3d6, a +1 can be very important indeed
The standard deviation on 3d6 is 2.96, which is closest to what you get with 1d10 (which is 2.87). The standard deviation on 1d20, by contrast, is 5.77, roughly twice as large (1.95 times as large, to be more precise). So on average, a +1 on a d20 is worth only half a point on 3d6.
>>
>>54211867
>>54211890

You can generalize a bit. With smokeless powder most full power rifle rounds are loaded with about 3 grams and you wouldn't want to go more then 10% above that.

Note that each weapon and powder does vary. If you want to load your own, you'd be best served being careful to observe the pressure rating of your weapon.

In GURPS terms, hot loaded bullets are covered in high tech. Typically you get +10% to range and damage, increased ST requirement and are likely to suffer from worse malf.
>>
>>54211582
Wow really?
I've been using the google.drive native one, and lumin. No issues with either
>>
>>54211418
The 4th edition GURPS Magic book has tragic art but they aren't using poser art anymore.
>>
dice barely matter
>>
It's cliche to the point of borderline meme status, but I've found surprisingly little online about how to best properly balance a game so melee and guns are equally viable options.
Anyone here have any suggestions/opinions on the matter? I would love to run a game where picking between shooting and getting in close is an actual tactical choice.
>>
How can I master the powers of massed fire?

How can I make a character who has tons of allies to mass fire with?
>>
>>54216178
Close combat environment, endless halls force people to use melee as much as ranged
>>
>>54216235
But isn't it still best to stay in place and fire away that to try and get in close?
Any handgun should do more damage with less bulk than any melee weapon so closing the gap there is only feasible with rifles...
I feel like the only way to make it work is to remove handguns entirely or change the damage values.
>>
>>54216333
Melee weapons can get better armor divisors without giving up damage. Boarding actions in particular are good for giving axes and swords a leg up on guns.
>>
El oh el.
>>
File: 14511833095620.jpg (58KB, 900x777px) Image search: [Google]
14511833095620.jpg
58KB, 900x777px
>>54216178
Gun=/=Sword.
Like being 80-points in Guns! makes you more combat capable then 80-points in Broadsword!
You don't need much ST to make real damage [and wear toughest armor], you just need some to don't get penalty for gradfathers heavy gun [plastics caseless rounds and other moder shit in gunsmithing makes weapons lighter, but still capable to handle same attaking power or even larger].
If swordsman useless without his Weapon Master shit [no damage and 3rd+ rapid strikes, lol], you still combat capable without Gunslinger [now need extra one second to aim].
TL;DR BUT IF I CAUGHT GUNNER NAKED IN HIS FATHER BED WITHOUT GUN OR IN OTHER CLOSE COMBAT CONDITIONS GUNNER WILL SUCK MY SWROD HARD ILL SKEWER HIM LIKE SHESHKAB ALL HAIL SWROD SUPREME RACE

The only real way to force player to make choice between gun and sword is to give him choice between pre-generated character frames, and make sure in game 1/3 to 2/3 of enemies there will be totally immunne to gunshots and similar shit. In other situations players will drop most of his points in guns, and like 1/5 of that to swords, just for sidearm
>>
>>54216226
Are their horde rules?
>>
>>54216178
Depends on a setting. Just look how Dune does it. Or some space opera settings.

Let's say standard armor for a soldier is some kind of power armor that needs to be hit with a weapon wreathed in some exotic energy to deal significant damage. Now you can have your missiles (or high caliber rounds) with same effect but they would be bulky, one shot, and with long reload. Basically at best an analogue to a flintlock against an unarmored person - powerful but one-shot. If you miss you better have a side-arm for CC. (Significant hardening on armor that is removed only by special weapons).

Reactive kinetic shields that steal energy from the shots - it not only lowers damage but becomes more powerful as more shots hit it. So lets say first shot will deal around 1/2 damage and each next will be a step worse. Spraying targets with bullets becomes worthless. You need precision and power in a single shot. (Shield that acts as armor improving its hardening the more shots hit during round or even bleeding into following rounds).

Cinematic skills while disallowing ranged feints ("Bullets are dumb and can't turn!"). Characters can parry/block/dodge shots. Use range/speed table applied to margin of success of defence to determine number of deflected shots.
>>
>>54216598
It's not point distribution that I'm worried about so much as what I'm looking for combat to be.
I would like something that is tactical so movement and positioning is important.
Without any mechanical changes, I feel that the best way to win any combat encounter with GURPS is to go dick-in-the-dirt and open fire.
Makes sense as that's the best way to win a combat in real life. I'm basically asking the system to do something completely counter-intuitive.
Still, the system is meant to be general so if I wanted to do something Star Wars esque where a man with a glowing stick can challenge a guy with a gun, there theoretically should be some way of making this a reality.
>>
>>54216788
>Just look how Dune does it
I have been looking into some sort of personal bullet shield as a means of evening the field.
>Reactive kinetic shields that steal energy from the shots
I do like this idea. It takes a little bit of effort having to keep track of it but forcing precision shots instead of pray-and-spray would be nice.
>>
>>54206224
things that are extremely larger than life like epic fantasy. gurps is heavily grounded in realism.
>>
can you actually play a reasonable game with gurps ultra-lite or is it mostly just meant to be a demo of the system?
>>
>>54216178
make grappling a big deal. if you grapple someone who has a gun it levels the playing field because you have more free hands and if they let go of the gun to wrestle you then you can take the gun from them.
>>
>>54216178
I'm running a samurai/western game where six-shooters and katanas are both meant to be viable. I did a couple of things to make this possible.

1) Choose the right TL. Samurai + Wild West is a fun combination anyway, but I'm glad that it also made balancing firearms easier. Generally low RoF and shots closes the gap between guns and swords a bit.
2) Anemic firearms. I made light revolvers deal 1d, heavy revolvers and carbines deal 2d, and "sniper rifles" deal 3d. This puts them more in-line with human-scale muscle-powered weaponry.
3) Make sure swordsmen get something cool. Yes, there is a small inherent benefit to not relying on something that takes ammo, but range and RoF of firearms quickly outweighs that, so give your swordsmen something special. Since there are oodles of legends about katanas and samurai, I had an easy time with that; gunmen got range and RoF, but swordsmen got Flying Leap, Lizard Climb, DR, etc. etc. etc.
4) LET BULLETS BE PARRIED. Either let anyone do it, or make sure every martial artist PC has the advantage that lets them do it. This removes one of the main threats of guns.

Beyond that, there's also the advice that Action 3 gives; make mooks not use firearms effectively, have environments lacking in large open areas, etc.
>>
>people actually giving my question some thought and reasonable answers
>no immediately telling me that I'm a terrible GM and a fucking idiot
Wow, this is so much better than the fucking d&d threads on this board.
Thanks guys.
>>
>>54216958
Demo/drunk party version.
>>
>>54217039
no problem, the best part about like gurps is posting on gurps gen
>>
>>54216899
You can make it just to cut damage - 1/2, 1/3, 1/5, 1/10, 1/100, Ignore. No need for ablative DR.
>>
>>54217019
Making guns more anemic to bolster swords seems kind of shitty. But to each their own.

Would have been better to give the samurai some chi or zanshin-based enhancements on swordplay
>>
>>54217164
I did that too. 2d at range multiple times per round is still stupidly superior to a mundane swordman, which is why I gave swordsmen special features and a number of cinematic skills on top of the campaign switches in their favor.
>>
Are there any kind of Fallout type of RPG's for GURPS?
>>
>>54217220
There are a few fan converts, but it should be EZPZ to do fallout with GURPS: After the End, which is the (still fairly new) series centered around post-apoc campaigns.
>>
Question: I'm trying to make Unison Devices from Nanoha for a setting that uses Ritual Path Magic (with some minor but irrelevant tweaks, stuff like "Base Skill is Computer Programming or Mathematics (applied) instead of thaumatology", in case it matters). So I need an AI that a) is stuck inside of a single body (Seems easy enough, AI meta-trait), but also:

* Can help their user cast spells, as well as cast spells independently in combat times: Current solution is that the Device has Ritual Adept and Compartmentalized Mind (Controls), not sure if that works since the Device isn't a vehicle, and I don't think it normally gives access to Ritual Adept anyway.
* Can "fuse" with the caster to provide a compartmentalized mind and better casting assistance: I have no idea how to do this part.
* Functions as a computer with full internet access and the like: ... Accessory: Computer, maybe?
* Has a secondary part of her "body" that can be used as a straight-up weapon by her user to stab/shoot people with: Also have no idea how to do this. Maybe give her a Striker/Claw/Innate Attack and say that the user can use it through Compartmentalized Mind (Controls)?

Normally I'd just handwave all that, but one of my players wants to actually play as the Unison Device, so... yeah. Gotta actually stat out the template.
>>
File: Hayate and Reinforce.jpg (39KB, 388x550px) Image search: [Google]
Hayate and Reinforce.jpg
39KB, 388x550px
>>54217332
And I forgot the relevant pic, because of course I did.
>>
>>54217103
Right, I'm just saying in a full-on combat that it can be a little tricky if I'm having to keep track of the charge on every characters' shields.
Not prohibitively so by any means.
>>
>>54217332
Oof. Fusion is easy with NPCs (it's an Ally as an Alternate Ability), but fusing PCs are a bitch and a half. We'll see what we can do, though.

>Can cast independently
It's got the skills and traits.

>Can help their master cast
RPM already has standard rules for assistance (p. 25 of T:RPM). Is there some reason that wouldn't work?

>Can fuse with the caster for even more assistance.
I'll need to think about this. I should have something soon though.

>Full computer
Yeah, just take the Accessory: Computer perk for [1].

>Part weapon
I'm a but confused by this. Do you mean they turn into something like a sword or gun? Or that their arm detaches and becomes a sword/gun?
>>
>>54217502
Oops, I forgot on thing. You want to also give Telecommunication (Radio) for wireless signals alongside the Computer perk. Without it you won't have wifi. Telecommunication (Cable Jack) was introduced in Ultra-Tech if your bot bud uses physical cables rather than wifi.
>>
>>54217502
>RPM already has standard rules for assistance (p. 25 of T:RPM). Is there some reason that wouldn't work?

Because I'm an idiot and missed that, no, that works fine, thank you!

>I'm a but confused by this. Do you mean they turn into something like a sword or gun? Or that their arm detaches and becomes a sword/gun?

The character I'm basing this off of is, in her "base" form, a book with a spear attached (Basically, there's a lot more irrelevant details that I'm not going to bother with). She can create a humanoid body out of magic that she usually uses to interact with people, but when people are actually using her for casting assistance, they're usually holding the spear or the book. I basically want the Unison Devices to work similarly to that- they have an actual body, that's a book/spear/whatever, and then they use Alternate Form (Projected Form) to create their avatar that can actually chat with people.
>>
>>54214917
It's entirely possible I just don't know how to use them, do either of those support jumping via table of contents/chapter and bookmarks? I didn't see any such feature in the google drive native one, but maybe I'm just retarded and should have long pressed something or another.
>>
>>54217039
We love all GURPS players here, or at the very least tolerate them!
>>
>>54217195
With little to no DR, I can see that. But adding in all the extra parrying and blocking swords can do, then applying that to bullets just seems like weeb wankery.

If you're gonna parry bullets, your sword is gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>54216178
We are putting ancient magic swords in my game to deal with that, fire weapons can't have magic.
Although I don't know if we should have those swords be cheaper to acquire with points, or just drop extra magic weapons in the game, or there wouldn't be any real balance otherwise.
>>
>>54218404
>Weeb wankery
>In a samurai game
OH SAY IT AIN'T SO!

And it has been working fine. We're using low TL armor as appropriate, which means making everything equivalent to human-scale muscle-powered damage comes out about right.
>>
>>54218644
>weeb wankery
>in a system that defaults to realism
Disgusting :^)
>>
>>54218644
You know you can have a good game with oriental elements without going full Grorious Nippon, right?

The Magnificent Seven was a better movie than Seven Samurai anyway.
>>
File: tee hee.png (2KB, 291x69px) Image search: [Google]
tee hee.png
2KB, 291x69px
>>
>>54218707
>>54218667
You geniuses do realize that I'm doing this to make swords and guns balanced, not to help polish by otaku boner, right? In a system that realistically portrays the many many benefits of modern firearms over normal melee weapons, you have to change shit up, and in a system like GURPS, which is literally MADE to tweak to the campaign you want, there's no reason not to.
>>
File: 14898442010340.jpg (153KB, 1080x1343px) Image search: [Google]
14898442010340.jpg
153KB, 1080x1343px
>>54218404
>If you're gonna parry bullets, your sword is gonna have a bad time.
Katana already was top craftsmanship metalwork, what can go wrong with that?
Like they already have high enough DR from construction factor and work and material quality to forget about such things as straight damage from block, while it is not result of criticals
>>
>>54218888
>slavurai.jpg
>>
>>54218888

Because bullets hit harder than an opposing swordsman, and the blade is weaker structurally when hit on the flat as opposed to the edge.

Bullets can and will screw up a sword. And construction factor only gets you so far when using Japanese materials. (Japanese steel is kinda shit.)
>>
>>54218667
GURPS has more weeb wankery than many other systems by default, like Anima or Pathfinder. In most systems, you can't dual-weapon attack with both hands for only a -4 penalty to your off-hand like you can in GURPS, and in most systems off-hand attacks, even unarmed, take a penalty, unlike GURPS.

Yes, that's right. In GURPS, you can DWA with two karate attacks for only 0/-4, which turns to 0/0 with a single perk investment.
>>
>>54218958
People have been hammerfisting longer than karate has been around.

And Karate is Chinese, not Japanese, therefore not Weeb.
>>
>>54218981
also the karate skill is just a catch-all for unarmed martial arts in the gurps system.
>>
File: GURPS.png (512KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS.png
512KB, 900x300px
>>54218958
DWA is -4/-8 by default. If you have ambidexterity or off-hand weapon training it becomes -4/-4. The only way to decrease it further is to buy up the DWA technique, which is cinematic and be disallowed in a realistic campaign.
>>
File: 1482196031671.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482196031671.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>54218958
Fuck me, I'm blind. Unarmed attacks are mentioned under DWA as taking the penalty. Whoops. The penalty unarmed doesn't take is off-hand penalties.

>>54218981
DBZ is wuxia, and wuxia is chinese, so I think chinese is pretty "weeb" regardless. Not that it matters when we're posting on an anime image forum.

>>54219024
Yeah, unarmed just doesn't take off-hand penalties. That was my mistake. No idea how I cocked it up that badly. But most systems do penalized unarmed off-hand attacks, which is the point to take home.
>>
File: 1049845.jpg (119KB, 900x587px) Image search: [Google]
1049845.jpg
119KB, 900x587px
>>54218957
>bullets hit harder than an opposing swordsman
>3d as maximum while average samurai have as that much without sword bonuses counted
>>
>>54218958
DWA is -4 to both weapons. Add to this -4 for off hand if you're using a melee weapon.
-4 on 3d6 is as bad as a -8 on 1D20.
Karate has by default no offhand penalty unless you're using Harsh Realism for Unarmed Fighters.

Is this bait?
>>
>>54219249
>>54218957
I think people are getting confused between vanilla GURPS and my own campaign-specific version.
>>
>>54219249
>I arbitrarily change the numbers and ignore the point about striking the flat of the blade as opposed to the edge.
>Thus making me the victor.
>>
>>54219280
>>54219069
Sorry didn't see your apology.
>>
>>54219294
Katanas do have DR 6/HP 13, which would make them immune to 1d attacks and able to block about 13 2d attacks on average, and something I wouldn't worry about as a GM. If a 3d attack dealt a major wound against the katana, then I might have it roll HT to avoid breaking, but that isn't really in the spirit of the campaign.
>>
Do you guys have tips on spending small amounts of points affectively?
>>
>>54219372
Thats fair, as long as you don't make guns roll against getting sliced apart if they're used to block a katana.

Otherwise sauce for geese and ganders, et cetera.

>>54219399
You mean low point total characters, or just leftover points from character creation?
>>
>>54218958
>Anima
>Not weebwankery to the extreme
>>
>>54219410
Both but mainly low power characters
>>
>>54219442
Buying a few points of HP can make a big difference in survivability and staving off wounding modifiers.

For anything lower than that in cost you're looking at 1pt perks.
>>
>>54219442
Low-point total characters (About 50 points or less) should focus on skills first, talents second, secondary characteristics third, and attributes fourth.

If you're a melee combat character, ST 11 really makes a difference over ST 10.

Try not to take too many advantages; focus on one or two iconic ones instead. Fit is a good example of a cheap advantage that's worth a lot.

Perks can be great investments. Weapon Bond gives you +1 to skill with a specific weapon, Sure-Footed means you can pick a location to fight that favors your terrain, etc.
>>
How do figure the point cost of an enchanted item depending of the level of the enchanter?
>>
>>54216178
Have guns tightly controlled (like in japan) or ammo scarce (post apocalypse)

Allow weapon master but no gunslinger. Have fights in tight quarters. Allow aggressive parries against point blank pistol shots.
Remember standard kevlar have a lower DR against knives and impaling.
Cut is effective against limbs and bloody disarms are much easier than the bloodless ones.

You can easily balance handguns/blades with a few of these tweaks. But if you let mr. 80gunz run around with an assault rifle, infinite ammo and start fights from 100 yards your designated swordsman might feel a tiny bit overshadowed.
>>
>>54219761
>Have guns tightly controlled (like in japan) or ammo scarce (post apocalypse)
Bit of anecdotal advice to latch on to this: if you're going to take one of these approaches, FUCKING STICK TO IT. If someone plays a gunner anyway and starts bitching about the limitation you established, tell them "tough shit."

I had a GM that promised a survival horror game with, among other things, scare ammo. One guy made a veteran with Guns (Rifle) as his main focus. When the GM kept true to his promise of ammo being scarce, that guy started complaining that he was being singled out, that he felt that "not full auto spray n' pray" counts as "conserving ammo," and that the GM should be giving him enough ammo to always be able to fire in combat. After only a bit of prodding, the GM caved and we started swimming in ammo. Since both I and another player were playing tough fighters without guns, we were quickly overshadowed; there was a guy that was doing more damage than us more reliably and in a safer way.
>>
>>54219761

Objects (plus constructs, which are animated objects) and many creatures possess various flavors of Injury Tolerance which significantly divide the damage output of bullets. By comparison, fewer beings have Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction) against Cutting damage. Axes and swords still have their place in a campaign where you can encounter virtually anything.
>>
K gurps gen, give me your thoughts on this.

Gurps Waifu
The game where you play a man and his waifu
Each player gets one waifu(a whole harem if he spends the points) and then they go around having adventures.
He can spend points in order to allow his waifu more options like
>childhood friend- only normal people advantages
>strange childhood- slightly unusual advantages, like psychic powers or higher tl
>summoned waifu- sky's the limit

And I'll make some templates for personalties like tsundere(secret in love [-30])

What do you think? What does it need? What is the ideal power level for this?
>>
>>54221591

I...fuck. The summoned waifu alone sort of knocks out any upper limit on points. Just for playability I'd limit player points to about 250-300 so they have enough to build a decent character, and then buy waifus with the Ally Advantage.

Do you want the balance of power more towards the waifu/husbando or the self insert..er..player character?
>>
>>54221591
I suggest you check out the "toon" article from the Pyramid Humor issue. It has plenty of advice for the slapstick comedy I'd expect from a waifu-adventures game.
>>
I once read an interesting book (Weapon, by Robert Mason) in which an assassination robot carried a small, self-contained Stirling-engine generator so that he could recharge his batteries from simple campfires in the Central American jungle. Vehicles Expansion 2 has stats for designing Stirling engines.

I thought it might be an interesting idea for a campaign. A robot is trapped in ancient Rome or Japan or Mali, with only his portable generator--which will break down eventually. He must find a skilled metalworker and instruct him on how to create new Stirling engines and electrical generators.
>>
>>54221784
Pic related.
>>
How to calculate weapon bulk, if i know weapon length and mass?
>>
>>54221730
Will do
>>54221642
The Waifu is the stronger one, and the more of them a pc has, the less powerful he is
>>
>>54222059
Then about 125/-25 points for their character, and 200 points to spend on their Ally waifu, with the option of spending their character points on her?
>>
File: Stirling engines are cool.png (50KB, 794x805px) Image search: [Google]
Stirling engines are cool.png
50KB, 794x805px
>>54221849
>>
>>54221981
3e Vehickes includes weapon design rules as well; you should be able to use those known values to find Bulk. In general, though, common sense should be enough; compare the Bulk of rifles of similar mass and length.
>>
>>54222696
>3e
>Bulk 4e thing
>>
File: blah.png (56KB, 1839x352px) Image search: [Google]
blah.png
56KB, 1839x352px
Is HTML better than PDF?
>>
>>54219069
Where does it say that unarmed attacks suffer no off-hand penalties?
>>
>>54223571
It's inferred from the Techniques chapter and made explicit in Harsh Realism for Unarmed Fighters in Martial Arts. For techniques, such as disarming, they say: "Any unarmed combat or Melee Weapon skill", while Off-Hand Weapon Training lacks unarmed combat skills as a valid option. Harsh Realism for Unarmed Fighters in Martial Arts says that off-hand penalties for unarmed combatants is an option for harshly realistic unarmed fighting.
>>
>>54223571
Karate explicitly says "at no -4 for the 'off' hand" (p. B203). For other skills, I've always assumed this was the case due to them all saying you can make two parries (one with each hand) at no penalty; Parrying with the Off Hand (p. B376) explicitly says off-hand parries are normally at -2 due to the underlying skill being at -4, and, to me at least, implies there's no normal off-hand penalty.

At the same time, though, I've never really thought about it a lot because almost no one uses unarmed attacks seriously in my campaigns, and those that did used Karate, which is explicit in how it handles "off" hand attacks.
>>
File: hmm.png (31KB, 920x911px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
31KB, 920x911px
>>54223352
>>
File: 1499278700347.jpg (851KB, 1099x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1499278700347.jpg
851KB, 1099x1062px
Grimwyrd AAR

The Party is on the hunt, for ELVES

>After the mages are healed, the group camouflages them in a copse of trees
>they strike West on foot into the wasting marsh
>by midday, they located the Crumbling Keep
>they debate tactics, decide on a tight quiet frontal approach
>they make said approach
>they discover two "guards" in mid-fuck; an elven Fury, and a Satyr
>Syviis puts an arrow in each heart, rolls near Max damage twice
>then a fifteen foot long GATOR crawls out of the swamp, blocking the entrance
>Syviis puts an arrow through it's eye
>Collective sigh of relief, group opts to delve on foot

>The place is one giant bramble briar, thorns the size of kitchen knives
>They opt to go in on foot, gray first, cannon in hand
>First hall leads to "a heap of flesh the height of a man, topped with a glowing orb of green glowing tadpole things the size of trout."
>They ping as spirits to Gray; newborn souls
>They ping as pure magical life to Syviis; elemental life magic
>Bomrek suggests burning the place down
>Suthri notices the places' architecture matches old Dwarven empire work; this could be the lost colony of the last knights of the Empire
>Fuck, okay, let's not burn it down then

>Party begins poking side corridors, Suthri notices some movement to the tunnel full of webs
>Party gets ambushed by a giant spider!
>It dodges two of Syviis' arrows, and a shank from Roderick!
>It's also apparently made of metal and carved with gold Dwarven runes!
>Suthri pulls a hail Mary, invokes the name of the last emperor, and holds up a coin minted from the time, imploring it to halt
>It complies

UNTIL NEXT WEEK
>>
>>54222570
Pity the wattage is so low
But
In a pinch, that's low tech electricity
>>
Are there rules anywhere for cleaving through groups of people?
>>
File: Stirling.png (53KB, 635x495px) Image search: [Google]
Stirling.png
53KB, 635x495px
>>54224393
Yeah--just air, not helium, so I guess it counts as TL5 rather than 7 or 8.
>>
>>54224591
A few.

1) When facing individuals, make All-Out Attacks (Double), Rapid Strikes, or similar actions.
2) Whirlwind Attack.
3) As a GM treat the group as a swarm or horde. Swarms are abstract collectives of individuals, normally things too small to be threats alone (e.g. individual rats) but can be scaled up to human-sized foes (or larger) without issue; swarms have 60% of the sum of the constituents' HP and dissipate at 0 HP, so a group of 10 people with 10 HP each would make a swarm with 60 HP, and the squad would break at 0 HP (most would be unconscious, some dead, some just wounded, and some running/surrendering). Hordes, introduced in Zombies, work similarly, but I prefer them for their granularity. Instead of giving the mass one HP value, the horde loses one individual for every (major wound threshold of constituents) that they suffer; a horde of 10 HP humans has a major wound threshold of 6, so every multiple of 6 loses them one dude whether that injury comes in the form of a bunch of tiny attacks or one badass swing that deals 24 injury on its own.
4) Have an SM that's so much larger than your opponents' that you can claim large area attack bonuses, like stumping on multiple bugs.
>>
>>54224820
You

I like you
>>
>>54224820
Nice, thanks anon!
>>
Is there a guide anywhere on how to make vehicles in 4th ed?

Or am I actually supposed to wing it?
>>
>>54225264
Wing it so far
The trove has a project some anons put together, codifying a bunch of WW2 tech and such.
>>
>>54224356
Gotta say
Party is getting very anti elf

I expect Vietnam style cords of ears soon
>>
>>54222570
in the isaac asimov's foundation trilogy they have an entire planet powered by giant versions of those. too bad in real life they aren't very effective.
>>
>>54225385
>The trove has a project some anons put together, codifying a bunch of WW2 tech and such.

Link?

I want to make vehicles, specifically some mecha for an upcoming scifi game, but I dont know what... power levels to make.

Like what HT would a modern tank have? I figure if I see other anons' work, I would be able to postulate a framework to compare and contrast with.

Many thanks.
>>
File: mad at elves.png (193KB, 243x342px) Image search: [Google]
mad at elves.png
193KB, 243x342px
>>54224356
>>54225405
>>
>>54225434
>too bad in real life they aren't very effective.
What are you talking about?

>Up to 2700 terawatt-hours per year of geothermal electricity generation capacity has been shown to be available within North America, typically with wells drilled into geologically active regions of the earth's crust where this energy is concentrated. Of this potential, about half is considered to have temperatures high enough for conventional (steam-based) power production, while the other half requires unconventional power conversion approaches, such as organic Rankine cycle systems or Stirling engines.
https://www.sbir.gov/sbirsearch/detail/390221
>>
What would be considered "walking speed" in relation to a person's Move score?
>>
>>54211418

There's no GURPS partisan so hardcore that he won't admit that the art sucks donkey dick.

Transhuman Space was supposed to fix that, but the art while good was such a mismatch for the tone of the game that it was a miss.

They're getting better but still subpar.
>>
>>54211582

Adobe. Not great but I've found no better option.
>>
>>54225470
Why don't you just design in 3e Vehicles and convert the results up to 4e?

>Like what HT would a modern tank have?
I assume you meant to type "HP". The sample "Main Battle Tank (Leopard II or M1 Abrams)" in Vehicles has 7824 HP. However, if we recalculate its HP according to 4e's rules for Unliving items (4 * cube root of weight in pounds), it instead has only 200 HP. This matches the 176 HP of the "Modern Main Battle Tank" (T-72A) in High-Tech pretty well.
>>
>>54226417
The shitty art is apart of the charm.

I have a good laugh every time I open up a GURPS book.

If you want good RPG book art, pick up Fantasy Craft.
>>
>>54226440
>Why don't you just design in 3e Vehicles and convert the results up to 4e?

I've considered this, but are there rules for converting?

Also, anyone got a link to a download to a 3e vehicle builder program? I heard that it exists, but I've yet to find it.
>>
>>54213461

Yeah Spaceships 4 and those two pyramid articles. Still not exactly great.
>>
>>54226473
>I've considered this, but are there rules for converting?
Almost everything converts on a one-to-one basis. IIRC, the only real sticking point is 3e gMR/gSR vs. 4e Hnd/SR, which must be eyeballed--but everything else is dead simple.
>>
File: Really old, may not be accurate.png (115KB, 1519x668px) Image search: [Google]
Really old, may not be accurate.png
115KB, 1519x668px
>>54226473
>Also, anyone got a link to a download to a 3e vehicle builder program?
Just make an Excel spreadsheet.
>>
When it says "Less than 1/3 your FP left" on B426 and you have something like 11 FP (1/3 being 3.66), is it 3 FP or 2 FP when you start suffering the effects of low FP?
>>
>>54227500
>"Less than 1/3 your FP left"
11/3=3.7
3<3.7
>Hard math
>>
File: tumblr_mo1rh0bQ5k1snj4cqo1_500.png (756KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mo1rh0bQ5k1snj4cqo1_500.png
756KB, 500x700px
>>54224356

Gray feels left out, he's the only one that doesn't have a hate on for elves.

Slyviis doesn't have a hate on for elves, but she's straight up cold blooded elf SAS. She don't care if she is rolling up on knife ears or primordial reptiles, you get between her and where she is going and you get DONE.

>"Two tangos up ahead. Fucking by the swamp.

TWHIP THIPW

>"Tangos down. Wait one, attracted a gator"

THWIP

>"Gator down."

Meanwhile Roderick's annoyed he can't ride up on these fools on Bianca.
>>
>>54228327
Well I was assuming that you round down 3.7 to 3, so less than 3 is 2.

Jackass.
>>
>>54221784
It's a cool idea, though I'd note that a magneto* would still need to be build to provide electricity from the rotary energy.

*Or a dynamo, or a non-magneto alternator.
>>
Hi Gurpsgen,

I want to run a game that is essentially Shadowrun but without any magic and maybe some more toned-down or streamlined hacking rules. What books should I look at? I've never played GURPS but I've always wanted to give it a go, !Shadowrun seems like as good as any starting point.
>>
>>54229170
GURPS Action
>>
>>54229170
>Shadownrun without magic
Cyberpunk, Anon. Basic Set is enough for the this along with some TL9 gear from Ultra-Tech (ignore UT's cybernetics; keep your first game simple and just use advantages with the Cybernetic limitation). As for hacking, you can do super-streamlined "just roll vs. Computer Hacking," or you can add a bit of detail, making hackers people with special implants that grant Mind Reading/Control or Possession with Digital Only; you can find some worked examples under Ergokinesis in GURPS: Psionic Powers, but that isn't necessary. Supplement this with realistic hacking things like B&E for direct access and social engineering for extracting useful intel like passwords and you should be good to go.
>>
File: 007_Lamendola.jpg (403KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
007_Lamendola.jpg
403KB, 600x900px
>>54229170
>>54229261
Fantasy too, if you want to keep elves, trolls and orcs in cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk is a 3rd edition book, but it's really well done and it's relatively easy to convert.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 275x142px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 275x142px
>>54226201
>>
>>54207733

Extra Arms or Strikers

Extra Attack (you can cheat and get this at -40%, -20 percent for just the strikers and -20 percent for single skill)

Sumo Wrestling (gives ST bonuses)

Technique to link a slam into a grapple.

Ground fighting, just in case

Technique buy off the 9 skill level cap for move and attack.

Result:
>Grapple the fucker next to you, or use your technique and slam and grapple the guy inside your movement range.
>Slams get to use full skill level
>Fuck the guy up with your strikers using your extra attack, use the technique if you used slam.
>>
File: Fractal SM.png (51KB, 763x680px) Image search: [Google]
Fractal SM.png
51KB, 763x680px
Is this idea useful for anything? Or is it just worthless autism?
>>
>>54219761
>Have guns tightly controlled (like in japan) or ammo scarce (post apocalypse)

My experience is that in-game gun control makes guns more valuable and gets people focused even more on firepower as the solution to their problems.
>>
>>54216481

*looks at the Biotech book*

Uhm. Felicias, the cat hats...
>>
>>54216649
There are swarm rules and mass

>>54216859
>I would like something that is tactical so movement and positioning is important.
>Without any mechanical changes, I feel that the best way to win any combat encounter with GURPS is to go dick-in-the-dirt and open fire.
combat rules.

Make ammo scarce. Dick in the ground and open fire wastes ammo, you need to aim or set up an ambush. But it's good if you are ambushed.

Throw in some ninjay smoke bombs and stuff so the swordsmen can have cover while getting closer.

>>54216958
A little bit of--

>ultra-lite

Not even a demo, it's like baby's first introduction to concepts.

>>54217332
>* Can "fuse" with the caster to provide a compartmentalized mind and better casting assistance: I have no idea how to do this part.

At its base I think it's Affliction, Mind-link--honestly, I think all intelligence devices have this--and a suit of other advantages.

Another option is Alternate Form Granted By Familiar.

>>54218996
>also the karate skill is just a catch-all for unarmed martial arts in the gurps system.

a catchall for punchy-kicky fighting styles that require large freedom of movement.

Boxing is punchy styles with less freedom of movement (no encumberance penalty)
>>
>>54228450
I feel Suthri and Bomrek will have very big heads soon. So full of self righteousness about how elves are the devil
>>
>>54231516
I think it's less "no sex can be brought up ever," because like you said, it's been broached before. I think it's more like SJGames is saying "please no page of penis-shape perks; the mechanical effects of barbed vs knot can be left to the imagination."
>>
>>54231516
Bio-Tech has to include bizarre tech, that's big part of technological horror genre.
In case of Furries they want to avoid this shitty subculture as whole, and concentrate on decent fiction instead.
>>
>>54207733
>How do I make a grapple monster gurps gen?
>>54207784
>>54207819
>>54207885
>>54231369
So... what you're saying is to build an anime tentacle monster, anons?
>>
>>54233251
Don't forget Erotic Arts
>>
>>54233251
I was leaning more toward a slime with pseudopods, but yeah. Anime tentacle monsters are well known for their capability to grapple.

Throw in few levels of Erotic Art and Affliction: Pregnant I guess?
>Valley For Sale
Yes Captcha, I'd move away from that kind of neighbor too.
>>
>>54231743
But they already did that, in GURPS: Biotech, aka GURPS: Fetish Fuel. It's a 0-point Feature that can grant a racial bonus to the Erotic Art skill.
>>
>>54204753
Think so dude. I have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>54233293
Yeah, but that's a single perk. "Yiff culture" authors would go to the extreme.
>>
>>54221981
Eyeball it from a similar weapon.
>>
>>54233251
>So... what you're saying is to build an anime tentacle monster, anons?

Well, they do grapple.

Honestly my grapple monster is a bird-man.

I put long talons on my wings, and extra hands (feet). Born pouncer.

Pounce, grapple, and eventually, wing beat
>>
>>54233802
Don't birds (and, by extension, birdmen) typically have hollow bones?
>>
>>54231415
?
Unless you have other fractional bonuses, fractional SMs seem pointless. Maybe I'm missing what you're trying to do here?
>>
>>54234303
Generally, though that doesn't form a huge drawback. Large avaians like cassowaries and swans can be surprisingly dangerous.

>>54233802
Grapple monster is best served by lots of hands or a really good set of jaws.
>>
>>54234959
Yeah, but they're kicking and pecking, not trying to grapple. Hollow bones are a big drawback in a hugging contest.
>>
How do you make a slave race that is affected by pheromones by the creature race?
>>
>>54235432
Creator race*
>>
>>54235432
>>54235472
99% sure this is covered in Bio-Tech.
>>
>>54234303
Mine can't fly, and can at best only glide. Most of them have the parachute advantage.

Also, magic.

>>54234959
>Grapple monster is best served by lots of hands or a really good set of jaws.

Extra hands, good innate attack, jaws are usually it.

>>54234998
Ooh, I see. No. My character does enough damage to usually kill the opponent in a turn or two.

Plus, they can't hit me effectively if they're grappled.

>>54235432
I think there are phemone type thingies in Biotech. Mostly I'd peg it as a 0 point feature, or a slight disadvantage. There's a way to do affliction but sense based, maybe that
>>
>>54235472
Creator race:
Pheremones. (It's in Aliens or Biotech, I think.)
(Limitation: Only vs. Subject Race.)

Subject Race:
Subjugated and/or Slave Mentality.
Weakness, Vunlerability, or Dependecy: (Creator Race's Pheremones.)
>>
>>54235582
>Can't hit me if grappled.

This is why they counter-grapple and squeeeeeze.
>>
Okay, so the deal is this: after playing for two years most of my players still get analysis paralysis when they need to distribute ability scores in an OSR game.

With this severe autism in mind, why might I want to ask them to try GURPS Lite? Also, is there a handy list of advs/disadvs put into social/combat/whatever categories?
>>
>>54235822
Because in GURPS, you can make your character any way you like. There are no specific advancement paths or limitations on abilities that require minmaxing stats. You can be a muscle wizard easily without delving into five splats and splitting hairs in RAW terminology.
>>
File: Advantage Categories.pdf (316KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Advantage Categories.pdf
316KB, 1x1px
>>54235822
Ehh, analysis paralysis hits a LOT harder in GURPS, so this system may not be the best for them.

Pic related for categories, though it is fan-made.
>>
Really wish GURPS was metric desu
>>
>>54236157
It can be anon, you only have to apply yourself.
>>
>>54236157

http://www.dangermouse.net/gurps/srtable.html

The 'official' way to do it is just treat yards as meters. It's a dirty conversion, but it works.
>>
>>54206542
Simple mechanics (despite what you've been told), very active and dedicated community. Especially the bloggers. Several GURPS writers have their own blogs where they come up with new house rules, report on games they're playing in or GMing, things like that. Very active blogs with years of content.
>>
>>54236157
My only real dissapointment with the system. For all the attention to detail, the math functions to make the numbers just right, etc, one would think they'd go with a good measuring system as well.
>>
>>54236078
>>54236112
Thanks folks.
>>
>>54226453

apart =\= a part.
>>
>>54234731
It might be of some use in simplifying surface-area and volume calculations for Vehicles design, maybe.

>>54236842
>=\=
>not =/=
>not !=
>not <>
>not ≠
>>
How do I make a good social character gurps gen?
>>
File: 1493854893474.jpg (66KB, 415x257px) Image search: [Google]
1493854893474.jpg
66KB, 415x257px
>>54238012
>>
>>54235822
Play with strict templates. In Dungeon Fantasy, for example, you can only pick and level up skills, attributes, and advantages from the template you picked to make your character. There are also "power-ups" in the other books in the series.

>>54238012
Buy high Charisma (level 3 should be plenty), better physical appearance (very handsome/beautiful), Voice, Empathy, and all the influence skills.
>>
>>54238012
Buy IQ 12 and Charisma 2, then Voice. Drop one point into every skill Charisma and Voice gives a bonus to.

Next, buy some Allies and Contacts. Contacts should be able to provide you with useful information and help get a story back on track if you can't figure out what to do next, while Allies can be called on to help you out. A social guy should know people.

Buy a few languages. At least the ones that are common in the area, so you can use your skills on more people. Snag cultural familiarity, but only if your GM uses that. Consider Wealth and Status, as they give you the ability to get a meeting with even very high ranked people and mean few doors will be closed to you.

Consider what kind of look you want. Appearance (Impressive) can be a good investment, as it gives you the flat androgynous bonus for everyone rather then just people that might be sexually attracted to you.

Outlier idea, but Pitiable can be useful to make sure that if things go south people try to capture rather then kill you and help you out more often.

Last, grab DX 12 if you have the points left and Stealth, Holdout as well as some kind of weapon skill, preferably something you can hide on your person.
>>
Do gauntlets follow the rules for mittens/gloves in that they give Bad Grip and Ham-Fisted?
>>
>>54240115
LT98
Mittens are clumsy, giving the wearer Bad
Grip 1 (p. B123) and Ham-Fisted 2 (p. B138). (Armor
designed for the hands – gauntlets – gives Ham-Fisted but
not Bad Grip.)
>>
>>54240115
Nevermind! Tucked away in the description for mittens it mentions gauntlets!.
>>
File: tumblr_oqy2o0Dxzk1sj8sv9o1_1280.jpg (172KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqy2o0Dxzk1sj8sv9o1_1280.jpg
172KB, 640x960px
>>54238567
One point in each skill is because there are a lot of social skills with relatively narrow focus and it's pretty much always better to buy an advantage to improve them then to buy more skill.
>>
>>54235822
While >>54236112 is right, because of there being more options, in GURPS there is not a finite amount of skill points they can get. Distributed wrong? Found a new skill in a supplement? You can pick it up at the end of the next game.

Check out skill categories in the vault, it should be under play aids.

>>54238012
What everyone else said, and high end you want to buff Diplomacy up to 20
>>
>>54216178
I am running a game that is in the gunpowder era, most combat starts with the player's firing off their flintlock pistols (they got their hands on some) and then drawing sabres and the combat actually starting. This is basically what enemies with flintlocks do as well, in one of the very early sessions their fighter got seriously fucked up when the lightly armored baddie they've been chasing trough an abandoned house had enough of it and turned around and shot him in the leg, and then stabbed him half to death with his broadsword. Now, when they are higher level, combat usually starts with anyone who has guns firing them off and then drawing their weapons, softening up their foes. The pistols don't work well enough to be used long range and the muskets are still mid range weapons and quite heavy and bulky.
>>
I now pronounce extreme RoF man as the most powerful gurps combat dude

Innate attack cor 10 per dice (2.5 per damage) for a total of 12.5 per 5 damage

+300% for 300 RoF for a grand total of 38 points

Each of these attacks removes one DR making you chew through armor.

If you use these rules, http://noschoolgrognard.blogspot.com/2013/08/using-size-modifier-table-for-rapid.html?m=1
you can and will make 300 shots allowing you to easily attack enemies with 300 or less armor
>>
File: tumblr_lvcxwoSAM31qijp54o1_500.jpg (301KB, 486x730px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lvcxwoSAM31qijp54o1_500.jpg
301KB, 486x730px
>>54240645
Neat, but remember this sort of thing is pure theorycraft with little practical application. I've never played in a game where a person was allowed to create an arbitrary innate attack power.
>>
>>54241264
Theoretically you could in a high tech setting, as lasers are shown to have a high RoF, but yea pure theorizing
>>
File: 290361.jpg (24KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
290361.jpg
24KB, 225x350px
What should the stats for a bicycle be? The high tech books has stuff like the speed and weight of bikes but not stuff like it's HP, HT, DR etc. It only seems to have those for the electric bike. My friend is making Mumen rider and I feel like he'll eventually need that when he rams his bike into someone.
>>
>>54230032
Ah, gotcha, 3rd edition. That explains why I couldn't find cyberpunk stuff, I was only looking at the 4th ed books. Thanks anon
>>
>>54242942
I'd say a HP 22, DR 2, HT 12 for a typical bike. Pretty robust.
>>
How would one play a 75 point game in the 40k universe?

Anything I need to do a game like this?
>>
>>54243186
>Pick a setting know for both its brutality AND its insane powerlevel.
>Start PCs off with significantly less than what's considered normal for starting adventurers in more forgiving settings.
Your GM's a sadist, have fun. What sort of character are you thinking of?
>>
>>54243244
He said we will be running around in a hive, so I'm thinking a shooty dude, any tips?

Any better w40k conversions than the one I found on google?
>>
>>54243283
Combat Reflexes, Stealth, and as many levels of Hard to Kill and Hard to Subdue as you can get away with.
>>
>>54243283
Hives tend to be all tight corridors and blind turns, right? Specialize in shotguns to keep your Bulk down and your options open (UT warhead options are FUN) since the superior range and Acc of rifles will likely be wasted.
>>
>>54243403
That's actually a good idea, thanks dude

Looks like we will be a low standing police department
>>
>>54243403
SMGs tend to be less noticeable, and if Arbites are an issue, smaller Holdout penalties may just save his ass.
>>
>>54243403
Shotgun or SMG. SMGs with AP tend to do pretty good, especially if you can use ETC augments from Ultratech.

A ten gauge shotgun with ETC is beastly even without ap slugs though.
>>
File: ta7a551_large.jpg (36KB, 443x700px) Image search: [Google]
ta7a551_large.jpg
36KB, 443x700px
>>54243329
Luck is very useful, even Luck (Aspected: Defensive Only) in order to save yourself, as one lucky hit can kill when people start throwing around gunfire.

>>54243420
Smoke grenades can shut down viability. If you are losing or a friend goes down, pop smoke to put the battle on hold and haul ass out of there.
>>
>>54243403
>Specialize in shotguns
>gurps has no sorry shotguns
Actually shotguns bad choice as far you losing rof bonuses at close quarters and boosting enemy DR against your shot [I'm sure generic clothing in 40k, in underhive have at least DR 1]
SMGs, carbines and high-power pistols/revolvers looks like more viable option
>>
>>54216178
Magic spells like "reflect missile" have an excellent chilling effect on careless gun use. In any setting where reflect missile is available and can be enchanted into amulets or kept in relatively cheap spell gems for use as needed, you can expect them to be common defensive items.

Likewise if chi powers like Ghost Shirt are even semi-common, a character has both a reason to not use guns himself (the vow required for the power to work) and a valid defence against most firearms.
>>
>>54246366
At close quarters, you shouldn't need RoF bonuses, and slugs are a thing (again, UT warheads are FUN).
>>
>>54246820
RoF bonus is for hitting through opponent Dodge. But yeah, UT warheads are broken beyond reason when you put them in a shotgun or large pistol.
>>
>>54243449
Assault rifles are as compact, marginally heavier, but in every other way superior to SMGs.
>>
File: 010_Lamendola.jpg (349KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
010_Lamendola.jpg
349KB, 600x900px
>>54246366

You lose ROF bonuses at ranges where you could instead kick someone in the dick, so I don't think it is that big a problem.

>>54246820
>>54246881
ROF bonuses from a shotgun is always useful for aiming for harder to hit bodyparts. catching someone in the face with 10 gauge magnum buckshot load can end a fight fast.

>>54246895
AR are generally better, though you get less ammo options.
>>
>>54246881
True, forgot about that. However, HE slugs throw out sizeable explosions that should be able to catch most anything.
>>
>>54246820
>doesn't warhead means explosions
>explosions in enclosed spaces

Also what about light-level and its modifier in hive settlement?
>>
>>54243420
Hey it looks like I can get a lasgun, ill be playing a /k/mmando that's obsessed with his lasgun.

I'll try to use cover a ton, and act like an actual police department.

Any tips?
>>
>>54222570
That was a good book.
>>
>>54248058
Exploiting cover means more than hiding behind it. Remember to brace your rifle on it for an extra +1, and if you're crouching behind cover already, go All-Out for another +1 (or get Cool Under Fire for pop-up shots).

Since this is 40k, you ARE going to need high Will, whether to not lose your shit during a Fear check or to avoid daemonic corruption, so invest in that.
>>
>>54247422
Not necessary. Warhead is just the payload delivered, and most rounds are simply ballistic/kinetic kill warheads. Warhead options in UT also include stuff like armor-piercing discarding-sabot rounds and aerosol-cloud rounds.
>>
>>54248058
What skills do I need to have to be a beat-cop?
>>
>>54251344
Observation, Grappling, "Stop Resisting".
>>
>>54251390
Should I get intimidation and streetwise to?
>>
>>54251448
If you can. You're gonna spread pretty thin with only 75 points. You might want to go for a few levels of Charisma and Patron (Police Precinct) instead.
>>
>>54251470
Intimidation is will based so it's going to be pretty high already, should I get expert skill(cop)?
>>
>>54251544
I'm not sure that's how expert skills work. See how your GM is going to run things.
>>
>>54251544
Is that a thing? What would it apply to? Most police-work hypotheticals fall under a specialty of Law, and Expert Skill is meant to stand in when a focused body of knowledge would be scattered over numerous different skills BUT does not include all aspects of those skills. For example, ES (Epidemiology) stands in for stuff like Diagnosis because Epidemiologists would reasonably know *a bit* of how to diagnose specific diseases, but not enough to warrant knowing the full skill.
>>
>>54251600
>>54251608
I did some digging and yea law is what I am looking for, I'm thinking about having some charisma.

Do you have to pay points for a girlfriend?
>>
I'm looking to run a low-lethality campaign about fun, exploration and adventure in a late-ish TL6 setting.

What kind of stats would be good for guns that are a real threat, but mostly take 2-3 shots to be really scary?
>>
>>54251928
Survivable Guns from Pyramid. Basically, any high-powered guns deal half the damage, but have armor divisor (2). Pistols are usually survivable by default - with average damage of around 7-10, they would rarely kill someone instantly unless you hit vitals, eye or skull. Doesn't means they won't fuck you up badly, but you are likely to survive.
>>
>>54251919
>Do you have to pay points for a girlfriend?
Depends on how useful she is.
If she's a nagging money-sink she's a Dependent, and counts as a disadvantage.
If she's good for the occasional blowjob and mental support, she's a Perk.
If she actively helps you in your day-to-day life, she's an Ally.

Normally no, your social obligations to her should counteract the benefits. Don't bother statting her out and treat her as any other NPC, a 0-point feature not part of your character.
>>
>>54251919
As long as she isn't expected to fight alongside you or support you in the campaign.

Otherwise she's an Ally or maybe Patron.
>>
>>54251919
Depends on her ability and place in a story. Is she joining you on adventures? Yes, as an Ally. Is she just there for roleplaying? No, I wouldn't pay points one way or the other. Are you giving your GM free reign to use her as a damsel/plot device? You get points for her being a Dependent.
>>
>>54251919
If you're paying for a girlfriend, I think that's more of an escort or hooker.
>>
>>54251928
Oh. and don't forget about body armor. Concealable bulletproof (actually bullet-resistant) vests were actually very widespread in 1930s - .357 round was developed precisely because .38 S&W revolvers used by law enforcement were no longer effective against gangsters.
>>
>>54252043
>>54252231
Alrighty. Cheers.
>>
File: 1486731964357.jpg (55KB, 476x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486731964357.jpg
55KB, 476x1024px
>>54252073
>>
Question to GMs;

How do you make combat not bog the game down? Specifically how do you deal with 'big' combat that lasts more than a few seconds of ingame time?

The 1-second timeframe of GURPS is really starting to bug me, since it makes combat either last 4 seconds of seeing who can pull out their gun and shoot the other guy first, or it takes too long IRL and starts to drag.
>>
>>54252403
Don't do pitched battles with individuals.

Use group rules, or just focus on the immediate area around your players.
>>
>>54252403
Are all your combatants fighting to the death, to the last man, every single combat?

You might want to work some more cowardice and less fanaticism into your games...
>>
>>54252403
As >>54252484 points out, they should not fight until they fail a HT roll. There is an optional rule in BS that any enemy that gets any damage is out of combat. In addition to that, if players are attacked by lots of small monsters (or fanatics) - make sure enemies use All-Out Attacks. This would mean that you will have much less stuff to keep track of.
>>
>>54251928
Gibe everyone ceramic plates or similar thing, they will lose 1 DR per ~3d of stopped damage and allow high enough DR (+25 DR).
Pro tier gun-balance: average gun damage dices minus average armor DR dices [DR/3.5] equals to 1d-1 or so (get shoot once -- you warned, get shoot twice -- you possibly dead). [my experience from GMing Borderlands game]
Also think about reducing average skill to ~11 (distance, light, shooting circumstances) this means more shooting, less hits, higher survivability, more tension, and possibly no vatals/brain onekills. As well increase rcl stat, +0.5 to it already means close distance bursts will be less deadly by reducing potential hits.
>>
>>54252523

A Major Wound should at least prompt a Will check to see if an enemy *really* wants to stick around to fight until they drop.
>>
How would you stat a race that grows up fast but also lives longer than humans, but not excessively so - like adult by six years, lifespan something like hundred years?
>>
>>54252721
>Broadsword chop hits arm
>enemy is now handicapped
>Reassesses life choices leading up to this moment
>>
>>54252403
Make most things glass cannons. This keeps them threatening and not boring while also scooting things along before encounters get stale. If you want a tough boss, make it have different "forms," either literally like FF's this-isn't-even-my-final-form bosses or break the encounter up into stuff like "fight the dragon on foot > fight the dragon as it makes fly-by attacks > ground the dragon with a ballista harpoon > finish it off on the ground but now it's berserk." Make sure each form doesn't take too long either.

Use rules for mooks and cannonfodder.

Use rules for swarms/hordes.

Teach your players to use fight-ending setups rather than waste time fishing for a lucky blow. That lesson finally sunk in for my group about a month ago, and fights started going a LOT quicker. Now, instead of attacking every turn and praying the blow lands, the party spends a few turns luring baddies onto poor ground, feinting, evaluating, grappling, and even baiting them into AOAing before going for a big solid blow. This is more time efficient, keeps people from getting frustrated with repeated misses/dodges/parries, and, IMO, makes for a cooler story than "we parried each other for a bit, and then I stabbed him in the throat."
>>
How to make an elemental-type creature able to heal by absorbing its own element found around? Is Regeneration/Regrowth with Accessibility the only option here?
>>
>>54254391
I think?
I can't recall any other powers that cover it, other than Healing, but that's something one actively concentrates on
>>
>>54254391
DR with absorbing
>>
>>54246366
Use tactical shootings variant on up-close shotgun shots
>>
>>54252764
Longevity and a 0 point feature Matures Quickly. The Longevity advantage means that even with only okay HT a person is likely to live to around 100.
>>
>>54254391
>>54255016

Specificity, Damage Resistance with Absorbing (Healing Only) +80% and Limited (Elemental type, -40% if fire)

This lets you turn 2 points of damage stopped into 1 point of HP healed, even above your normal max, but any past your normal max fades at 1 point a second.
>>
>>54256115
Ooh this!
I put on a Pacific rim style Kaiju once, against a party of high ROF shooters. Took them awhile to figure out the method of murder (drowning!)
>>
I want to run an Ice Age game, but no one seems interested. I tried to one-shot it for some players and they treated it like a joke.
>>
>>54207898
>There's also 10^(1/6), also called the SSR or Size/Speed/Range table. That's a core of GURPS as well, though most people only use the table. The progression is 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 15... etc into infinity. That logarithmic progression means that stuff operating in wildly different scales (say a leprechaun punching a Star Destroyer) can be handled within the system and give good easy results without resorting to kluges.
I've been playing FUR for a while now, and I've never heard of this. What are you talking about? Can you give some examples of how this works (e.g. with the lep v. star destroyer)?
>>
>>54252403
Humans typically fight until they take a serious wound, then either surrender, run or stay down and try to avoid provoking retaliation. A group of humans will break off an attack and retreat if more then half their number is defeated and the salutation isn't so confused that they can't see a way to withdraw.

So if your players face a large group they should be able to end the fight before everyone's dead..

But you mentioned guns, so I've got to say..

Feature, not a bug. An engagement at close range with firearms should be over in seconds in many cases. Gun fights are brutal in GURPS, without rule mods, and that's not a bad thing. Clearing a room with a SWAT team should take seconds, as should a shootout at high noon.

Note that people do get a dodge roll vs guns. People forget about that and it turns gun fights from 'very dangerous' to 'MAD'.
>>
>>54258113

DA

Okay, so let's say you're fighting a moblin or something that's five meters/yards tall.

On the speed/range table you find it, it's SM+2, so +2 to hit.

It's moving at five hexes per second, that's -2 to hit

and he's 5 meters away, that's another -2.

What about a 50? While it's 10 times bigger, or faster, is it really 10 times easier or harder to hit? No. (It's -8/+8) Would hitting something that's 55 meters long really be easier to hit by 2 than something that's 50 meters long?

The bigger the numbers the less smaller numbers matter.
>>
>>54229261
This looks like good advice anon thanks.
>>
>>54259181
>Clearing a room with a SWAT team should take seconds, as should a shootout at high noon.
It's more skill contest than actual gunfight.
Cops and robbers shootout near store/diner with cars and post boxes around, without 80pts-in-guns-guy can be damn long, and still be realistic in all ways.
And robbers will try fight till the end, as well cops will try to not injury, but kill.
>>
what about godzilla?

I read in another thread that a normal fighter jet missile does about enough damage to kill a dragon 5 times over

but missiles hardly phase godzilla not zilla
>>
>>54261266
Godzilla has insane regneration and DR. Possibly cosmic.
>>
>>54261266
>>54261331
I'd put Godzilla's regeneration as Very Fast, DR as about 500 with Hardened (5, Cosmic)
>>
>>54261266
Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction)
>>
Can someone link me the trove?
>>
>>54263594
>>54202479
>>
How does Grav Needler interact with Prismatic Fog (both from Ultra-Tech)? The fog completely blocks lasers, and Grav Weapons use a laser beam to clear a path for the projectile. Same for plasma rifles.
>>
>>54202260
Who's hyped for dungeon fantasy box set?
>>
>>54263667
I'd say projectile explodes once it hits air. In case of grav guns explosion is too small to make any noticeable damage.
>>
>>54263787
That sounds reasonable, thanks.
>>
>>54202260
I want to try to get my D&D group into GURPS, and I myself have never GMed GURPS. Any suggestions as to what books I should share out, or specific rules to ignore or include?
>>
I'm struggling with dealing with semi-combat scenarios. How does one do something like a chase where the pursuers are shooting at the people running? Full combat time? A single roll?

What about shit like sneaking?
>>
>>54264606
I suggest you use the Basic Set to begin. You CAN start with lite, but it's honestly going to frustrate many with it's limitations.

Going easy to start, you could begin with simplified combat rules, not using things like hit locations, flexible armor and blunt trauma.

Rules I suggest you adopt: Advancement is by character points. Don't worry about advancement by study.

Hit locations. They aren't vital, but add a lot.
>>
File: 1438065369925.jpg (207KB, 900x1256px) Image search: [Google]
1438065369925.jpg
207KB, 900x1256px
>>54264799
You can do them narrative, with skill checks to run after people and dodge rolls to avoid thrown items and gunshots (note that shots on the run are going to be pretty inaccurate)

Or you can just simulate it, running in combat turns. This works fine, but if you don't have a map can be loose.

>Sneaking

Narrative works well here. Explain the situation, let them pick a plan to approach/move though an area and roll to see how well they do. If they fail have them attract a bit of attention and need to deal with it, and if they critically fail or go loaud dealing with a guard investigating the attention they've drawn they are blown and stealth is over.
>>
>>54264606
Dungeon Fantasy series is basically "D&D in GURPS". Definitely check character templates if you are going to make campaign in similar genre.

>>54264799
GURPS Action has rules specifically for chasing. Alternatively just do narrative as other anon said.
>>
File: crow in cool whip.jpg (447KB, 724x724px) Image search: [Google]
crow in cool whip.jpg
447KB, 724x724px
I was planning on using gurps for my guardians of gahool tabletop game. Now how exactly might I go about this in a productive manner? Pic related, it's me.
>>
>>54263783
Yo.

>>54264606
Read How to Be a GURPS GM. It's incredibly useful for clearing that initial hurdle.
>>
File: lel.png (74KB, 718x863px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
74KB, 718x863px
>>54265914
>mfw I got tricked into buying a sales catalog
>>
>>54266697
Anon, what is wrong with your pdf reader?
>>
Should Ultra-Tech be treated as a setting unto itself, or is it intended to have equipment stolen and the names filed off for use in other settings?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.