[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go back in time >Give Gygax your time machine What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: ff_gygax_f.jpg (111KB, 580x730px) Image search: [Google]
ff_gygax_f.jpg
111KB, 580x730px
>Go back in time
>Give Gygax your time machine

What would happen?
>>
>>54201544
D&D is now as fucking old as fucking Gilgamesh.
Now I'll never fucking finish the Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>54201544
He gets killed in the middle ages because he assumed he would be able to survive there.

Hey, who's excited for the new edition of Traveller? Now that Hasbro owns the license, we might see the world's most popular role-playing game getting an even bigger share of the market!
>>
>>54201544
He uses it to fuck bitches and snort coke
>>
>>54201544
Instead of giving him the time machine, I give him enough money to start up a business and tell him do not fucking trust the blumes.
>>
>>54201544
Absolutely not.
On the other hand, I give him GURPS books and tell him that's it's been the most used system starting from 1985.
>>
>>54201813
>GURPSfag ruins everything for everyone

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>54201842
Be glad that I changed my mind, for a second I was tempted to type FATAL.
>>
>>54201544
http://jake.ucbcomedy.com/media/980
>>
>>54201544
A bunch of Wacky Adventures™ followed by him eventually discovering the fall of TSR, and him doing everything to safeguard the company. What we think of D&D 5e is probably now called D&D 3, and D&D 5 is now likely more focused, but capable of running virtually every scenario. It also never got so majorly huge or ruined by Hasbro, so Pathfinder doesn't exist, and the D&D Hate-threads don't exist.
>>
>>54201544
A Grandfather Paradox loop, his time travelling causing me to cease to exist, meaning I don't travel back in time to give him the time machine, meaning he isn't there to time travel, meaning I exist and therefore travel back in time to give him the time machine, ad infinitum.
>>
>>54201544

He'd make a setting that wasn't an autistic abomination.
>>
>>54201544
>Go back in time
>Kill Gygax

What would happen?
>>
>>54201544
LAKE GENEVA- The bodies of several game developers were found today under a manure dump at a dairy farm in eastern Wisconsin this morning. The two men and one extremely homely woman were found with .44 caliber bullets to the back of the head and were all wearing wizard robes
>>
File: 1467200216983.jpg (14KB, 193x270px) Image search: [Google]
1467200216983.jpg
14KB, 193x270px
>Give Gygax my time machine
>Gygax uses it
>Get abandonned in the past
>>
>>54209243
>Get abandonned in the past
>buy stocks in things that you know will be big in the future
>become worlds richest man
>buyout GW and make WH not shit
>>
>>54201544
He probably would visit a lot of fantasy authors
>>
>>54201544
He comes to the future, realises what an awful mess he made, and gets sad

Why would I want to do that, anon?

Why would I want to make Gygax sad?
>>
>>54209347
Gygax lived long enough to see DnD turn to shit
>>
>>54201544
Gygax goes back in time and steals thousands of polearms from the Middle Ages.
He just keeps them for himself because he thinks they're neat
>>
>>54209266
Dubs best plan
>>
File: 1496782505793.jpg (137KB, 1200x867px) Image search: [Google]
1496782505793.jpg
137KB, 1200x867px
>>54201544
First, go to the future and see if DnD continues down its current path of being the most accessible, popular and fun RPG system. If the answer is no, go back and tell Gygax don't go to the future.

If it DOES, however, then I'd do it like that Dr. Who episode with Vincent Van Gogh learning that his life's work is so popular and beloved by so many people.

Then steal the maps and notes for Castle Greyhawk.
>>
>>54201544

Gygax would be shitposting on /pol/
>>
>>54211470
>DnD continues down its current path of being the most accessible, popular and fun RPG system
You are off your meds, Cliff. Again
>>
>>54205754
Depends on the year.

In most cases - nothing happens.
>>
>>54201813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTc_j6sqkxA
>>
Just shoot the motherfucker. TTRPG was a mistake.
>>
Gary will learn of his mistakes and perhaps deal with the Satanic Panic and the fucking blumes. Perhaps improve the game.
>>
>>54213929
>Gygax
>Learning on mistakes
Good one
>>
>>54201544
Depends on the time machine's setting.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.