[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was playing the video game Vermintide with friends, and I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Vermintide.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vermintide.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
I was playing the video game Vermintide with friends, and I thought about how cool a setting the game takes place in. I dont mean the Warhammer setting (although Im not saying that its not cool) but the idea that the players are in a huge capital city that is decaying near the end of the world and the city has been overrun with some kind of evil creature like rat men or orcs or what have you. They have a sort of home base in the inn or in one of the districts and everything else is overrun with survivors huddled around. Instead of dungeons you crawl through monster infested houses and sewers, or plunder the mansions of a corrupt and decadent elite that have secluded themselves from the disaster and have embraced dark powers/killed themselves/abandoned the city. It would be a great sandbox environment to just explore the city, gather treasure, and take back sections and maybe even entire districts from the evil chaos.

So established that it sounds cool, what are some good city supplements that I could use for something like this? Particularly stuff that has good maps and factions. My idea is to sort of steal or frankenstein some city stuff together, read it and get a good understanding of the city, and then make the city fall to an apocalypse.
>>
>>54192577
Why not wholly homebrew the city? You know what you want, you have inspiration, you know the system you want to run it in, and you've got some anons willing to give feedback and advice when you need it.
>>
>>54192577
This is basically just real life Detroit so you can use that if you want.
>>
>>54192732
>>
Mordheim: City of the Damned (which coincidentally also has a videogame) was an WHFB "desolated city" wargame, centered around gangfights. It was lovely and the rules for warbands etc. that were in White Dwarf have been mostly cobbled together.

Skaven are an option.
>>
>>54192732
Detroit's cool as hell. Lord knows you exurban losers couldn't appreciate a place with character if you fuckin' tried, though.
>>
>>54194926
Detroit is a gloomy and depressing mostly, especially the abandoned areas, its surreal. You'd probably get shot somewhere but the people there are really approachable.
>>
>>54192577
This is literally Mordheim.
>>
>>54194926

M8 Detroit had 100 deaths by shooting just last month alone.

It's a fucking rouge state.
>>
>>54192732
Detroit has monkeymen instead of ratmen
>>
>>54192577
Take a read to Terror in Talabheim, adventure for WFRP2
>>
>>54198713

Fucking kek.

Detroit has Beastmen, London has Sandpeople.
>>
>>54198893
Beastmen are actually coherent and can form War tribes, don't insult them by saying they are Detroit

Detroit is monkey men
>>
>>54200325
He might have been confused by the hordes of feral dogs that gather there. Beastmen tend to use those, as I recall.
>>
>>54198524
I forget, was it Detroit or Chicago that had the hotel taken over by a satanic death cult and had to be cleared out by SWAT?
>>
>>54192919
Skavens are also hilariously overpowered

fuck slings
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.