[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be a good system for a heist game? bank robbers and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

What would be a good system for a heist game? bank robbers and such. tips for GMing heists in general?
>>
Leverage
>>
Read Blades in the Dark, steal things from there. Or just run it
>>
>>54172520
If you're ok with a cyberpunk setting some of the most memorable Shadowrun games I've ever had were heists.
>>
GM with 22 years experience here. (22 of GMing, more of playing).

Use Dungeon World system, but use it in your own setting. Just steal the core of the rules, if you're a regular dm/gm I'm sure you know how to do that.

It's 2d6+appropriate mod, 6- = fail with consequences 7-9 = success but with consequences, 10+ = pure success.

Only players roll.

It is one of THE greatest systems I have ever played. The entire dw book is like a manual on how to be a great gm. The only bad advice I found in there was to split up your players as a 'move' you can make. That's always a terrible idea, unless its VERY temporary, like split them up but in the same room, to solve a trap puzzle.

Other than that, no warnings

The system is built to make amazing narrative with very even pacing and lots of interaction.

Let your players make up as much or as little as you like while still having as much control as GM as you want - but if you're stuck for an idea or etc. you can actually ask a player 'what is here?' or 'why is that?' and have what they say become reality.

I know what I'm saying isn't going to make complete sense without having read the rule book but trust me - its worth your time.

The rule book reads pretty bland and unappealing, that's VERY deceptive. I wasn't impressed by the actual book itself -- until I actually TRIED the system.

Blew me away.

I almost feel like I could never go back to a pass-fail dice system ever again. (Like anything d20, or d100.)

Another system I bought where players do all the rolling is cypher system but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
>>54174184
Top-tier memeing.
>>
>>54172520
>>54173490
Blades would be my suggestion, as well. If nothing else, you can crib your favorite bits for a system you're used to. Shadowrun's also supposed to be good for it, but having read two editions I've never seen any rules that particularly help out for heists. If someone told me I missed them, I'd believe it. That shit's too dense for its own good. I can't think of any others in particular.

There should really be more crime-focused games. The campaigns practically write themselves.
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>54172520

GURPS is best
>>
File: 1499295767051.jpg (210KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499295767051.jpg
210KB, 1024x768px
>>54174355
GURPS is adequate.
>>
>>54174317
Are you implying I was not serious?
>>
>>54174355
>>54174490

Fucking kek
>>
>>54172520
I've heard wonderful things about Leverage, and I've played enough Marvel Heroic to recommend the Cortex Plus system in general.
I hear it has a smart mechanic to guide the classic "this is how this was set up" flashbacks.

If you don't want to make a campaign out of it and want part of the fun to be in exploring the repercussions of their plans as they all implode, you could always use Fiasco. That's exactly in its wheelhouse.

Honestly, any sort of modern system that you're comfortable with should work. It's all about confidence and keeping the scenes going. Momentum is a big element in making a heist feel right, and that momentum should naturally supply the right tension and anxiety as little wrinkles start appearing in the plan.
>>
>>54174355
>>54174490
GURPS wouldn't be a bad choice, actually, it has all of the autistic customization and army man dress up for a more true to life heist game without the clusterfuck of Shadowrun 5e. Not that I hate 5e, but I seriously cannot recommend it without putting across that it's a poorly edited, clusterfuck of a system. I'd also check the pastebins on the Shadowrun general thread even if you don't use the system. A lot of the tips on how to handle HTR teams and run setup can be carried over into a scenario just about any scenario about heists or robberies.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.