[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im currently working on two states for a setting. One shall be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: zsnuwl.png (798KB, 800x639px) Image search: [Google]
zsnuwl.png
798KB, 800x639px
Im currently working on two states for a setting. One shall be a Steampunkish Mix of the Industrial England and the German Empire and the other a Mix between the French and the Russian Empire. Anyone here got some interesting ideas how these states would look, culturally?
>>
Do either have colonies, and if so where? What are the cultures of those colonies, similar to the homeand, or more native? How much manpower do they have, and where would they get any reserves? Who has an edge in the naval/land/air game? How culturally conservative are the two powers? (As in how open are they to cultural change). Are there political movements that are big in either state? Democracy, Monarchism, Anarchy, Theocracy, Fascism, Communism? Who has what strategic and luxury materials?
>>
File: Fleet at sea.jpg (44KB, 780x511px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet at sea.jpg
44KB, 780x511px
>>54169550
I take it from your pic the era you're going for is roughly WWI, with say 20-30 years either side for range?
>>
>>54169550
An American/German mashup would probably be Neoclassical architecture. Hitler made a point of making it modestly smooth, no frilly flowers gods or naked ladies, but massive in a brutalism kind of way.
I can't really speak for Russia but maybe it would be more middle eastern influenced like those big Aladdin castles ?
America/Germany would be an ethnic state where only robot slaves are allowed to serve the master race.
The Russian/French would be a utopia where people of all different races subjugated all the different races at once.
>>
>>54171198
They don't have colonies. The German/English live in a small landscape full of mountains in the north with many hot springs with rich ressources in mineral and metals. The are a monarchy with a parlament, but due to might of guilds the nobility has not much power and the living standarts for the working class are actually higher than in other countrys. They are the main producers of weapons in the world and inventors of firearms and tanks and use alchemy and steam energy to power their stuff. The French/Russians live on a small half island, with some other islands under their control. They are a Repuplic but with strong families beeing the main players.
>>
>>54171318
The Setting itself is a bit like in this american anime show called RWBY. There are many modern things, but the way technology has gone ist way different because magic and shit exists.The Nations are have often no direct borders with each other and between them is wilderness with monsters.
>>
I know RWBY.

So sounds like French Russia would be the dominant Naval Power, with German England being the dominant land power. Long term Naval powers do better, but often get stonewalled in the short term by great land powers.

Sounds like air game could be key to circumvent either those mountains or a naval blockade.

Given the vast wilderness supply lines would be key.

One thing that could be interesting to play with is disparate cultures within the states. The British isles encompass welsh, Irish, scots, and of course English who took over and were pricks to everyone else, but fostered a national identity to keep everyone together even though they constantly bickered. Nationalism in general is a good theme to play with in steampunk settings.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.