[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does it deserve its title of "greatest D&D adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (563KB, 1214x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
563KB, 1214x1600px
Does it deserve its title of "greatest D&D adventure ever published"?
>>
>>54160387
No, X1 Isle of Dread does.
>>
>>54161324
What's so good about Isle of Dread?
>>
>>54160387
No, vampires are a boring overdone trope and Ravenloft treats them in the stereotypical way.
>>
>>54160387
The van richtons guides were great, and the setting as a whole once fleshed out was always fun. but the module itself is a slogfest of slow paced shit. Currently running through it in 5e with some ppl, and god damn its super fucking boring. though thats probably mostly because its being run by a new dm and new players and I'm the only experience player and DM at the table.
>>
Tomb of Horrors is better.
>>
>>54161712
You're complaining about the TSR module because you dislike the 5e remake? Come on.
>>
>>54161671
There's nothing inherently wrong with that. Almost everything in D&D is a fantasy cliche.

Would you prefer some nu male twilight style vampires instead?

>>54161763
Tomb of Horrors? It's just a Gygaxian dungeon crawl. It's only considered good because of its lethality.
>>
>>54160387
As far as I can remember, Ravenloft was the first module to use the 3D dungeon format, which was pretty cool, but I don't remember it being remarkable otherwise, except, I guess, for having a horror mood to it.

Personally, I like White Plume Mountain, if you're okay with a relatively compact module with magical shenanigans.
>>
>>54161429
Everything. Run it tomorrow.

>>54161763
S1 is linear garbage and everything telegraphs from a mile away.
>>
All you fags are wrong. It's Barrier Peaks.
>>
>>54162029
Barrier Peaks is cool, though a bit expansive for my tastes.
>>
File: Z0046030.jpg (91KB, 702x900px) Image search: [Google]
Z0046030.jpg
91KB, 702x900px
>>54160387

This was another great Ravenloft adventure. Best ghost story I ever played.
>>
>>54161712
The 5e remake is a super expanded version of the original module spanning levels 1-10. It's basically a mini campaign.
>>
i6 Ravenloft is the best. I've even run in converted to loads of other systems.

Hands down the best D&D module.
>>
>>54160387

No, although it deserves accolades for advancing the idea of game-as-story.

Personally, I think the GoaT is Keep on the Borderlands and the second greatest is Isle of Dread on influence alone. Both were chosen as intro modules for a reason, and the introducing new players to Fort vs Frontier and hexcrawl gaming first was a huge influence on how the game would be played and designed for in the future.
>>
File: colv.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
colv.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>54160387
The best adventure is Against The Cult of The Reptile God, Anon
>>
>>54161429

Meh , I picked up a physical copy of this for far more than it was worth to use as inspiration and a basis for my hexcrawl

I soon realised the crawl I was designing was infinitely more detailed and interesting and there was very little here for me to use at all.

I suppose it's awesome if you're used to far more railroaded adventures but it's a weak example of a crawl mostly due to its age. Pathfinders Kingmaker does it a lot better.
>>
>Not Red Hand of Doom
>>
>>54162029
Ive always wanted to run barrier peaks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.