[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looking for a 2e character sheet >going from BX to 2e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 1492702846863.jpg (155KB, 638x825px) Image search: [Google]
1492702846863.jpg
155KB, 638x825px
>looking for a 2e character sheet
>going from BX to 2e
>BX characters sheets could fit on the front of a notecard
>half of the 2e sheets are 4+ pages
>found a really detailed one with 6 pages, 5 filled with info and 1 notes page
>half of a page dedicated to listing your head of family and their siblings, your father and his siblings, you and your siblings, the number of children each person has, and the properties they own
>somehow it finds a way to not include a fucking currency box or a list of known/memorized spells

What autistic shit is this edition? Should I just lobotomize one of the more autistic sheets and cut it down to a reasonable 2 pages front and back?
>>
>>54154509
Grab a sheet of lined paper and a pencil.
>>
>>54154620
Too many things to keep up with. For BX that's easy to do; all you really need is prime attributes, saving, and the roll to hit AC9 and everything comes easily from that. Some degree of laziness is acceptable with respect to a character sheet.
>>
File: Classic 2e sheet (white).pdf (783KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Classic 2e sheet (white).pdf
783KB, 1x1px
here's a 2 page + spell sheet that I use at cons...
>>
File: Character Sheet March 2012.pdf (518KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Character Sheet March 2012.pdf
518KB, 1x1px
>>54154890
and a 2 page sheet for myth and magic which is a 2e clone.

but i understand OPs pain. finding a 2e sheet that isn't information overload is a pain in the fucking ass. it always makes me just want to play either an older edition or 5e.
>>
>>54154890
I do enjoy this one's simplicity and that spell sheet is nice. I was going to alter a 6 page one by adding in a spell sheet and remove that extended family stuff, while keeping the massive details just in case. But then I got to thinking, how fucking often do people consult these extraneous charts? The one I referred to in the OP is by Murphy. It has all of the problems I listed in the OP, and I noticed it has an extremely large space for treasure, contains encumbrance adjustments, and repeats some biographical information on pages 4 and 5. But why were those so important to bloat up the character sheet? How often do you need to consult the Reputation, Patrons, and Honor/Station sections that couldn't be jotted down in some notes, and yet there's no place for a simple list of known spells or the amount of ammunition you carry? It's weird to me.

I'll ask my group whether they want the simple 3 page sheet or a detailed 6 page sheet with my edits. They probably won't care either way but I just can't see us using a majority of this info often enough that looking in the books would be harmful.
>>
You can still use a notecard for 2e. The character sheets are just bloated with shit you probably won't use. I use B/X character sheets, and use a DM screen when I have to check up with specific stuff like system shock.
>>
File: simplednd2up.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
simplednd2up.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>
File: simplednd_charactersheet4.jpg (962KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
simplednd_charactersheet4.jpg
962KB, 3300x2550px
>>54156149
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.