[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make the "honourable warrior society" interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fragan-tanguy-espen-qs11april.jpg (435KB, 1920x1247px) Image search: [Google]
fragan-tanguy-espen-qs11april.jpg
435KB, 1920x1247px
How do you make the "honourable warrior society" interesting and feasible without deconstructing it entirely?
>>
>>54153584
rape and incest
>>
>>54153584
Their concept of honor could be completely different from ours. Different societies prioritize different virtues, and their view of chivalry or honor would reflect that.
>>
File: 1423886651541.png (1MB, 750x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1423886651541.png
1MB, 750x1500px
>>54153584

You define their code of honor down to the minutiae and have adherents to that code follow it. What are the virtues they hold above all others? What vices do they disparage? How are they expected to interact with others of their society, and what are the consequences for not doing so? How do they interact with outsiders?

Where does all this come from? Why do they consider this behavior important? Is it because God told them to behave that way? Is there some heroic figure from their past whom they emulate? Was there some event in their history which formed their society in a certain way?

Answer all these, and you'll be on the right track.
>>
>>54153584
Examine the other classes or occupations.
You've got honorable warriors.
What about the farmers, what are they like? How does that interact with the honorable warriors?
The nobility?
The merchants?
>>
Ive got a carnivorous alien species. Their biology/society evolved from lizard-ant pack hunters that has a natural skew in sexes where males vastly outnumber females so a matriarchal society developed, the females practiced eugenics inadvertently by their mate selections which resulted in very different looking populations but the best hunters or fighters are usually the ones breeding. So growing from the pack social structure you have tribes. After some really brutal wars the heads of the tribes decided on settling disputes with a more limited form of warfare. Eventually that unintended eugenics becomes intentional and now you have pure bred warriors/guards for these matriarchs. These are either used to forcefully settle disputes as intended or even used in trade deals as breeding studs. These warriors become their own subspecies. Fast forward to the future and the lizard-ants are often employed as interstellar police because the ancient aliens made of nanomachines said they were the most trustworthy and got to space on their own.
>>
Why are we having such shitty vague threads we've had a million times before to-
>Americans are on holiday
Oh, right.
>>
>>54154502
Phone posting ate some of my post.

Animal husbandry was developed early on once the mega predators were dealt with, but it was massive herds and controlling them as a resource are what lead to wars between tribes. Agriculture would eventually be really hammered out but the environmental damage was too severe and ended up kicking off massive and vicious wars.
>>
>>54153584
are you implying that honorable warrior societies aren't feasible
because there's like a billion of them in history
>>
>>54153584
Make it superficial, every preaches and acts about honour and justice and being a noble warrior, but when the chips are on the table people go hard
Y'know, like most historic examples
>>
>>54155118
Nothing about honor implies being a pussy.
>>
>>54155289
Oh not what I meant, I was more going for that while the warriors act all noble, honourable and just, when it comes down to it, they tend to become monsters and aren't above dirty tricks
I might be wrong, but in the Middle Ages weren't many of the wars not just pure bussiness for just about any knight who took part, except for the highest of the highest who did it for power
>>
>>54155118
>>54155357
Sounds like deconstruction. I'm curious about how an earnestly honourable civilization filled with warriors can be made less one-note. Samurai aren't a great example as they tended to break oaths and betray their comrades all the time. Completely honourable lords during the Sengoku jidai were an exception rather than the rule.
>>
>>54155565
Like >>54154161 said, you make it not one-note by looking at the other parts of society. Society isn't just warriors, and if it is somehow just warriors then you have plenty of room for fun things while you explain that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.