[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>players who try to use their spells "creatively"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: RAGE.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>players who try to use their spells "creatively" and break the game, getting sullen and pouting when you tell them that's not how it works
>>
>>54152372

There are times when this isn't okay, but you're probably a massive autist who's ruining other people's fun.
>>
File: answerisrape2.jpg (41KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
answerisrape2.jpg
41KB, 640x427px
>>54152372
>>
File: ^).gif (685KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
^).gif
685KB, 500x500px
>GMs who get buttflustered when the players think of something they hadn't
>>
>>54152372
>okay and now I... wait a minute
>*looks at spellbook*
>uhhh
>*flips through char sheet*
>uhhhhhh... yeah!
>*procedes to cast an irrelevant spell that might have some "fun" results*
>*rolls too low to actually cast it*
>aww, man! Oh well, next turn I'll get it! :^)
>>
File: not violence.png (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
not violence.png
69KB, 400x400px
>>54152397
>>
>>54152372
>posters who post frogs and ruin the board, getting sullen and pouting when you tell them how stupid they are
>>
It's fun when Taako does it
>>
>>54152372
>When using single powers in multiple ways is a legitimate mechanic of the system you're using
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>54152372

>Using the practice of shielding to "protect" someone from air

That's not how it works you fuckers.
>>
>posting frog
>frogposter

I sense a great lack of moar lurking that needs to be done.
>>
>>54154164
le epic maymay, frogs r dum
>>
>>54152387
>There are times when this isn't okay

Well....

>at will telekinesis ability meant to lift objects, being used to lift bars off doors, smash open doors, unlock doors, rip out chunks of masonry, etc
>character who uses figurine that can summon panther to levitate and drop the panther on people for shit-tarded damage
>gaseous form and attempting to fly down a monster's throat and suffocate it (this one was actually pretty cool but it got bogged down in rules arguments for half an hour when the person tried to sneeze)
>placing an expanding fortress figurine inside a skeletons chest to make it explode. DM let it go because it was pretty neat, and the player started using it constantly including trying to change it into a spear so he could instakill stuff by shoving it into their chest cavity and turning it into a tower making their body explode

I mean this shit is so fucking ridiculous, no one in a story would actually do that, and it just changes the campaign into tardfuckery. I like when players come up with something actually bad-ass and cool but when it just looks dumb and doesn't even work within the rules, I'm not going to allow it. That's what "rule of cool" actually is, by the way, it's giving some degree of leniency to cool things, not fellating every single fucking "lolzrandumb" idea that comes up. And it's /tg/'s fault this has become so popular given that our famous greentexts are propogating all over other sites, to the point where people I meet IRL know about these stories and show them to me on their phones, then try to pull off that kind of bullshit in the actual game and get disappointed when I disallow it because they thought that that's what D&D is like. And now it's MY fault for being a killjoy just to maintain some semblance of seriousness. And I'm a fag for trying to take the game seriously, because as we all know the game is about fun fun fun fun fun (i.e. nat20 critical roll autistic laughter) to the expense of EVERYTHING else.
>>
File: detect desires.png (412KB, 539x540px) Image search: [Google]
detect desires.png
412KB, 539x540px
>>
>>54154449
Yeah, one of the problems is as soon as it's allowed once, they want to spam it, and they want to find other ways of breaking shit.
>>
>>54154449
>>character who uses figurine that can summon panther to levitate and drop the panther on people for shit-tarded damage
>for shit-tarded damage
What? Like 5d6? That's not that much fucking damage.

>>placing an expanding fortress figurine inside a skeletons chest to make it explode. DM let it go because it was pretty neat, and the player started using it constantly including trying to change it into a spear so he could instakill stuff by shoving it into their chest cavity and turning it into a tower making their body explode
That's not how stuff like expanding fortress actually works. If it doesn't have enough room it stops expanding. That's a rule specifically to stop shit like that.

>>gaseous form and attempting to fly down a monster's throat and suffocate it (this one was actually pretty cool but it got bogged down in rules arguments for half an hour when the person tried to sneeze)
Also not a thing you can do is gaseous form. Even if it was you'd die due to being exchanged for gases in his lungs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.