[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dwarves are not born >Dwarves are forged How would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1219262204173.jpg (57KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1219262204173.jpg
57KB, 1024x768px
>Dwarves are not born
>Dwarves are forged
How would you implement this idea in your setting?
>>
>>54151762
quite simple. Read about the mountain folk in exalted, and do pretty much that.

tldr carved from jade and infused with life.
>>
>>54151762
Dwarf god makes new dwarves every day, they come to each individual mountain home in a stork style way.

So when the dwarf god stops hammering out dwarves, its the end of the dwarven race.
>>
>>54151762
Have dwarves lose control of their great forge to a twisted enemy which smith's mockeries of their form: goblins.

From there, Id just have them be a dwindling race of once-great warriors like the Varl in Banner Saga.
>>
>>54151762
So... tranny gnomes of some type?
>>
>>54151762
Female dwarves are anvils.
>>
>>54151762
Dwarves are literally made out of stone. A magical stone to be specific that allows life to be imbued into it by someone else. Elves made and used dwarves as a slave species with only a few magic using dwarves at the top to guide the others. Eventually a revolution happened and the Dwarves went underground to find more magic stones to make more dwarves.
>>
>>54151762
Dwarves are droids. Elves are clones. Orcs are mutated raider humans.
what fantasy race are uplifted octopi
>>
>>54151762
Birth for a dwarf is an agonising process that all dwarves remember. Their rock forms are made sentient then moulded on the furnace by powerful runesmiths. They feel every blow of the hammer and searing scorch of the furnace but are paralysed to do anything. Many die in this process and their deformed still petrified forms grimacing in pain line the outskirts of dwarf holds as a reminder of the life of pain and sacrifice a dwarf is meant to endure.
>>
>>54151762
I probably wouldn't and make it metaphorical as a dwarf is to by tempered by hard work and it would suck.
>>
>>54152023

Halflings. Think about it - they're nimble and flexible, they're masters of stealth, they're great at escaping from cages, and every so often you get one that's incredibly deadly despite its size. Not to mention the tentacles.
>>
>>54151762
The children of dwarves are not culturally considered true dwarves until they have been metaphorically "forged" by trials that mark them as a member of the clan. Non-dwarfborn can also take these trials to join a clan and be considered a dwarf.
>>
In my sci-fi setting, dwarfs can't reproduce - they use the genetic material of their mother and are selectively edited and perfected by the father in the Great Forge, center of their colony ships with long lost and sought after genetic tech. Does that count?
>>
THEY'RE FORGED WITH MY HAMMER

THE HAMMER IS MY PENIS
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.