[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, for a group that yells "Heresy!" a lot, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Reading_Bible1.jpg (57KB, 570x341px) Image search: [Google]
Reading_Bible1.jpg
57KB, 570x341px
You know, for a group that yells "Heresy!" a lot, I couldn't recall the Imperium of Man- particularly the Ecclesiarchy- having a holy scripture upon which to base their religion on. Considering they have a heirarchical organized religion and all.

From the Horus Heresy, the Lectio Divinitatus that Lorgar wrote down started the organized religion around the cult of the Emperor. But its only mention is in the Horus Heresy and not much in later 40k Media. In addition you have these bigass books Ecclesiarchy and Inquisition Characters lug around.
>>
I dont play wh and my only knowledge is secondhand, but isnt that role filled by the codex astartes?
>>
>>54150709
That is more like a set of guidelines
>>
>>54150452
*BLAM!*
FTFY
>>
>>54150111
Here's a more pressing issue.

Heresy is used when referring to Chaos, but shouldn't that be heathenry? Heresy would be the Horusians or the Thorians
>>
>>54150830

Heathenry is if they've always been Chaos, Heresy is if they were of the Imperial Creed and have since left to be chaos, xenos-worshippers, atheism, whatever.

Heathens are given the chance to convert, how tolerantly depends on who is doing the converting, but chaos cultists won't cooperate and the invasion and subjugation happens rather quickly once they're identified.
>>
>>54150880
Well, aren't heresies usually split off from an established religion?

I mean, Cathars are heretics, but Muslims aren't
>>
File: Ecclesiarchy_Priest_Cadians.jpg (594KB, 990x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Ecclesiarchy_Priest_Cadians.jpg
594KB, 990x1227px
The Imperium's religious views seem to be a mix of having an organized religious heirarchy (i.e. Catholicism, Orthodoxy) and having a folk religion (i.e. Chinese, Hinduism).

In that while there is a church, the Imperial Cult is also a folk religion whose basic beliefs are pretty much upheld by the Imperium of Man's subjects albeit with slight variations. Like feudal worlder shits would worship the emperor and humanity as per local myths, The Adeptus Mechanicus sees him in his aspect as a machine-god, and the Astartes venerate him in general.
>>
File: 40K 2.jpg (362KB, 800x983px) Image search: [Google]
40K 2.jpg
362KB, 800x983px
>>54150709
Nah, that's a set of military guidelines for the organisation and deployment of the Adeptus Astartes - basically "How to Space Marine", though notably it's also "How NOT to Space Marine".
It's an almost purely military document.

>>54150880
That's Apostasy, when you leave and reject a religion. Which is what a lot of "heresy" is in the Imperium's case.

Conventionally, Heresy is being part of a religion, but having strongly divergent views with the canon scripture and practices of the church.

Which is why OP's question is "how can there be so much "Heresy" without the scripture being known in the same way as the bible would be?" (especially as the closest thing we know of, the Lectio Divinitatus, is rarely mentioned)

While it is true that the Imperial Creed is highly flexible and has 10000 years of accumulated cult-stuff, there are some basic tenets that make up its core.

The main points of the imperial creed are:
>The Emperor once walked among men, but He is, and always has been, a god.
>The Emperor is the one true god, regardless of what past faiths any human may have worshipped.
>To purge the heretic, beware the psyker and mutant, and abhor the alien.
>Every human being has a place within the Emperor's divine order.
>To unquestionably obey the authority of the Imperial government and one's superiors.

Disagree with any or all of these, you're a Heretic - because Imperium applies to all mankind (and the galaxy they reside in) - this is partly why Imperials can declare pretty much anyone a Heretic, as there is the belief that literally every human, and the entire galaxy, is the Emperor's subject and domain.
So even if you've never heard of the Emperor, He's your lord and you are in His Imperium (and thus a part of the Imperial Cult, and therefore a heretic if you disagree)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.