[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a high fantasy game with gritty/dangerous combat? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: boat-fly1.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
boat-fly1.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
Is there a high fantasy game with gritty/dangerous combat?

Also a setting and a different system could work
>>
Bumping with shame
>>
>>54145567
Anima.
>>
Exalted, you are pretty much Hercul.
>>
>>54145567
>Is there a high fantasy game with gritty/dangerous combat?
literally Rolemaster. you must love charts though.
if you hate charts spam in rules, i recommend running WFRP in whatever high fantasy setting you fancy
>>
The Runed Age. Gritty and lethal d100 system.
>>
File: merp_crits.png (644KB, 713x855px) Image search: [Google]
merp_crits.png
644KB, 713x855px
>>54145567
>>54148564
as an addendum, since Rolemaster is probably too autistic for you, look into MERP. yes, it is set on Arda but the main criticism of the game was that it doesn't feel like Tolkien because it has tpyical RPG-style magic. and it has the nasty Rolemaster critical tables. pic very much related.
>>
>>54145567
Riddle of Steel!
>>
File: 1486374687578.jpg (250KB, 1000x851px) Image search: [Google]
1486374687578.jpg
250KB, 1000x851px
>>54145567
Seconding >>54148242 you can get to the point were you can do some really crazy bullshit but that doesn't make your character invincible. Getting hit usually means you loose your action that round, missing really bad grants enemies a counter-attack and if you loose half your current HP in a single attack you risk a critical. A critical means you might get broken bones, severed limbs or outright death.

It's sort of Berserk mixed with Final Fantasy. The crunch is about on par with 3.5, more unapproachable at first glance and overwhelming at char-gen but ultimately with slightly better core systems and something that resembles balance. It takes the EYE approach of making everything broken powerful (except high level psychics)

It can also be played fairly complete without it's default setting.
>Note: This assumes you mean high fantasy in the sense of high-powered fantasy
>Otherwise >>54148564 personally I'd go with MERP which is Rolemaster with a few less charts.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.