[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is anybody else playing this right now? I'd love to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So is anybody else playing this right now? I'd love to know how people's campaigns went. And maybe get some advice on some things.
>>
>>54141485
I ran two games of this not including several prologue games, and am running a game right now. My first two games were a bit rough, but that's only because it was my first time GMing ever, but yet the prologue sessions I did beforehand went pretty smoothly despite that.

Overall any of the problems I've had running games with it seem to be the players that get pissy about the damage system not being meat points, but those that don't bitch absolutely love it because their character can actually be good at punching things. It's pretty flexible and simple (in play)for its crunch, but I would recommend using as much reference of other builds when it comes to character creation It's not Pathfinder levels of convuluted, but the combinations of effects and stuff can overwhelm some.
>>
>>54141648
>including several prologue games

I'm not OP, but could you expand on what this means?
>>
>>54141756
Basically a series of short one shot campaigns to hook each character into the main campaign. In this case it was a multidimensional invasion with their old worlds being destroyed and ending up in a hubworld of sorts.
>>
>>54141778
But they were related to the main campaign, as in they used the characters the players would be using in the main campaigns right?

Was every character in every campaign or did you run them with each player separately?

Also could you tell me more about the setting?

Also, thanks!
>>
>>54141648
How'd you deal with the point issue?

The book recommends one point per session or 'if the players did a good job', a whole two points.

Our GM thinks this is a bit silly and has been going with five points per session, but what did you do?
>>
>>54141814
I ran with each of the players separately, which was honestly a bad idea in hindsight how I approached because no one was actually getting to know each other outside of the campaign because of this.

It's a bit of a long story to try to give every single detail, but the gist of it was that the invader destroying all these worlds was an eldritch horror similar to Shub Niggurath that had invaded the worlds of:

1. Steampunk Squire who's a prodigy but not very confident, uses a broken piece of a legendary sword to try and wield the elements to no avail.
2. Misanthropic not Tatsumaki who was freed during the invasion
3. An arrogant solar dragonking that was ruling over a world already once desolate.
4. Post apocalyptic raccoon furry that had a past self that was mutated by the main villain and has gained the villain's animosity for "trying to escape through alternate dimensional selves."
5. Transforming crab half-kaiju girl who's world got a warning ahead of time and is trying to help the resistance. (She ended up going back to her world due to shady stuff happening with the hubworld, and she beat the main horror herself. For the love of god please give your super powerful villains reaction attacks and impose complications to give the villains a pass when they need one. It's kind of like Legendary Resistance but when the villain uses it the PCs get a hero Point they can use to geat effect).

Sorry, I kind of rambled a bit there.
>>
>>54141932
I'd say depending on the length of the campaign 5 power points is a bit much per session. My earlier campaigns got out of hand because I gave players too much stuff too soon since I decided to start at PL 12 for my very first game. The players didn't even know what to do with it all.
>>
>>54142081
Really? Hmm, I'll keep that in mind. It still seems a bit low. Then again it would stack pretty damn quick wouldn't it?

What about attacks? Is it 'better' to have a bunch of little attacks or one big super attack?

I like having a lot of varying strikes, but it seems like just one major damage move would work.
>>
>>54142047
Thanks for the info, sounds like a rad game.
>>
>>54142252
Not 100% sure what you mean by "big" or "small" attacks.

Usually what you can do is have one power and simply add 1 point to the cost of that to have an Alternate effect usage of said attack that's the same effectiveness.
>>
>>54142304
Sorry, I meant multiple Damage abilities.
>>
>>54142315
I'd say that ultimately utility is better than going all in, but then again you can always do a Power Stunt which temporarily gives you a new option at the cost of fatigue. Still, having the reliability of different options is not that expensive at all in this system, and you can only have so big a rank of something before you have to start piling modifiers or linked effects with Weaken or Affliction to make it any better than it can be.

Really you don't have to choose either, you can have both if you got the budget and take the flaws to fit them in.
>>
>>54142368
Alright thanks. It's been a big help.
>>
>>54142523
No problem!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.