[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, a problem player has been coming to a lot of our games claiming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (17KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 500x300px
So, a problem player has been coming to a lot of our games claiming he's interested. However all he does is distract others, and tells the GM to end the game in favour of playing video games. I've learned my lesson after inviting him but everyone else invites him because our tabletop group is relatively small.

What is a good way to deal with this problem player?
>>
>>54138032
Maybe the story or the setting does not interest him.
>>
>>54138075
Hmm. But he claims to like the stories and settings in the games we run. We've run Star Wars, and Pokemon, and he's a fan of both.
>>
>>54138108
Then either he lies or he doesn't like your group. Or maybe he's just an asshole and you should avoid him.
>>
>>54138150
He's friends with everyone in the group including me. I do however think he's an asshole in general. Most likely he lies. I feel he just comes to our games because he doesn't want to be left out
>>
>>54138032

Talk to him.
>>
maybe
>he likes the people in your group
>he doesn't like TTRPGs
I can't think of a solution that won't piss him off, but not playing TTRPGs with him and finding some other way to spend time with him as a group seems like a good start
>>
>>54138032
>Star Wars
>Pokemon
He's either hoping for something more freeform or he has ADD
>>
>>54138238
Good idea.
>>
>>54138253
Seems like a good idea too
>>
use your words you fucking manlet
>>
>>54138032
>What is a good way to deal with this problem player?
Tell him to fuck off in front of everybody and beat him with an stick.
>>
>>54140838
This!
>>
>>54138032
If you think talking to him might accomplish something, you should try that. If not, just talk to the other people in your group and explain your problems with his behavior. Personally, I'd call the guy out when he talks about ending the game in favor of video games. Politely point out that everybody got together to role-play, that it's a lot trickier to pull off an RPG campaign than a video game session, and that it's disruptive when he always tries to cut your RPG sessions short. Maybe say that this is the time everybody has set aside to role-play and that he should accept that and play video games some other time.
>>
>>54138233

You gotta break into him, with how you feel about how he treats the games. If he can't take that talk like an adult, then as far as I see it, you shouldn't be with him anyways; "friend" or no.
>>
>>54138032
Sacrifice him to the god emperor. Only then can you be forgiven of your heresy.
>>
File: aaaaaarghfeckit.jpg (232KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaarghfeckit.jpg
232KB, 720x480px
>>54138032
>What is a good way to deal with this problem player?

Tell him what you have said in your post. If he is a mature adult, he will change or adapt to fit the situation, if he laughs and says whatever, tell him to fuck off.

Don't say "I want you to leave."

Use the words "FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF NOW, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE."

People forget how powerful shouting is when it's inside and in a quiet, pleasant atmosphere. It packs a great punch, any women there will also have their ovaries swell.
>>
>>54144652
if that fails, kill him and dump his body at a near by pig farm, those bastards will eat anything
(don't actually do this)
>>
>>54138032
Kill him and hide the body.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.