[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to all the extra space wolves when they went from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What happened to all the extra space wolves when they went from legion to company size without any successor chapters?
>>
Attrition
>>
>>54135466
They just stayed in the space wolves
>>
>>54135466
During the 2nd founding, the space wolves tried to create a successor chapter. Splitting the legion (which if I remember correctly was one of the smallest at that point) in two, with all resources, manpower, vehicles, etc, the Wolf Brothers, as they were to be called, were sent to another system near the fenris system to set up shop in the name of the Allfather. Then everything went to shit, a bunch of the brothers fell to chaos, the remainder mutated beyond salvation, and the wolves learned the hard way to never "separate the pack" so to speak.
>>
>>54135466
They didn't comply with the codex. They are still much larger then a normal chapter, but aren't full Legion size due to attrition and just recruiting from a single planet. (or at least they were, I don't know how many they lost when Magnus fucked up Fenris)
>>
>>54139689
13 Great Companies of about 80 marines each = roughly 1040 marines in total. They've been properly chapter sized for a long time, but no explanation has ever been given for why their numbers dropped so dramatically between the Burning of Prospero and the establishment of the Codex, at least to my knowledge.
>>
>>54140168
>but no explanation has ever been given for why their numbers dropped so dramatically between the Burning of Prospero and the establishment of the Codex, at least to my knowledge.
I'd bet that there's no real explanation, just handwaving bullshit and retcons for the sake of pushing more universe content.
>>
>>54140168
where are you getting that the great companies are only 80 marines? AFAIK they are more like 200 each, so bigger then a chapter, but not close to legion size.
I expect that geneseed flaws and only recruiting from Fenris is why they are not as big as they were in the past.
>>
>>54140303
>>54140168
Great Companies don't have any kind of set size. All we know is that the largest has 250 marines.
>>
I'm fairly sure they failed to give a fuck about the codex even when they said they did.

So yeah, they still were in the space wolves

oh and they were split into two chapters, only their successors, the wolf brothers, were mutaded and anded up getting disbanded
>>
>>54140904
The Leman Russ: the Great Wolf novel has a scene where Russ tells the first space wolves "Not to know the Legion", that he intentionally stopped recruiting for a while and attritioned the legion down to roughly Chapter strength, and ordered them to stay about there; because after the Horus Heresy he no longer had it in him to fight his brothers.
>>
File: 1485452094883.png (670KB, 575x995px) Image search: [Google]
1485452094883.png
670KB, 575x995px
>>54135466
>implying there were any extra space wolves
>>
>>54135466
The space wolves are strong, independent mary sues who don't need no rules and can get away with anything. Don't think about it too hard. In fact, never acknowledge their existence again.
>>
>>54135466

They had to be put down
>>
>>54135466
Magnus and a bunch of very pissed off sorcerors happened.
After that they could only recruit from Fenris. Which does not have the population for keeping a legion up.
The rest was attrition.
The Magnus happened again.
>>
>>54135466
There was far less "extra" than you'd think, Russ got in some very messy battles before the Heresy was over.

Also they did make a gesture of compliance creating 1 successor chapter, but they fizzled out
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.