[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>CYOA >Jumpchain CYOA >Tower Girls Alright. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

>CYOA
>Jumpchain CYOA
>Tower Girls

Alright. I've spent the last week trying to really understand these things, but I've had an easier time learning Chinese GURPS because I like stupid challenges.

I think the main issue is that they've been such a close knit group of regulars for so long, that there's now enormous walls that make it next to impossible to just "jump into" those threads, which is funny because one of them has jump in its title and I like irony.

They're almost like private little forums on this board, and the more I tried to get involved and to learn about the subculture and get a knack for the customs and practices of these tribes, the more it became evident that these people require indoctrination into their collection of unwritten laws before you can break into their "inner circle."

It tends to get that way with many generals dedicated to very niche subjects, but nowhere else on this board have I seen it so strongly, to a point where I'm starting to wonder whether or not it makes more sense to "retire" these threads to some offsite forum. They have aged rather poorly in the years of their existence to reject notions of inclusivity and have grown to be private chatrooms that border on echo chambers, with circular development that seems to be largely organized just for the sake of maintaining a perpetual status quo. I don't foresee anything changing in them for several years, because the people involved in them reject change as foreign and will keep following ruts in the road since that is the basis of their doctrine and the main reason for their longevity.

These are just my observations.
>>
>>54134416
>Alright. I've spent the last week trying to really understand these things, but I've had an easier time learning Chinese GURPS

I'm not sure how, unless you're both retarded and fluent in chinese. Most cyoas have instructions in the images themselves, and if you don't know how to make a character build, you probably shouldn't be on this board at all.

Granted, Jumpchain and Towergirls seem to be slowly morphing into /ksg/ with every thread, but general cyoa threads are basically just build creation with large sides of shitposting.
>>
>>54134477
Do you participate heavily in those threads? It may very likely be that you don't even realize just how many unwritten rules are in play, and how the discussions contained within those threads are borderline tribal jungle talk to anyone who simply knew of these threads over the years but had never bothered to take a look inside any of them.
>>
>>54134529
Are you retarded? Here's how cyoa threads work
>make waifus
>shit on other people's waifus

That's it.
>>
>>54134529
I've been reading and occasionally posting in /cyoag/ for a month or so, and I have no idea what you're talking about. As the other poster suggests, CYOAs are generally self-contained and easy to interpret. New ones appear frequently, so it's not as if people are rehashing the same five CYOAs to the point where a complex set of conventions or customs have sprung up around them. There is no "perpetual status quo," I don't know what proposed changes you believe are being rejected, and I can't think of any "unwritten laws."

I can't speak for Jumpchain or Tower Girls, but your observations are such a poor match for the CYOA threads that I believe they must be heavily biased.
>>
>>54134734
Yeah I'd argue that the only one with a barrier to entry is JumpChain, and that impression is solely from one failed attempt to give a shit about those threads. I just started going into CYOAs for shits and giggles, and halfway through my first thread, I was already in on the main "personalities" and picking up other tidbits (though I may have gotten lucky as one of the first CYOAs was meme waifus based on the general's usual gang of idiots).
>>
>>54134734
Jumpchain is a lot further gone than Towergirls because most of their drama involves namefags and they push heavily on namefagging. They have rules like you can't make something a namefag has made before or if you use things from certain namefags you'll be considered shitposting. They also like to shit on /cyoag/ for being a waifu shitfest so they think they're in the clear themselves.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.