[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh shit! You've just got yourself a mother fucking time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: The_Time_Machine.jpg (299KB, 1015x761px) Image search: [Google]
The_Time_Machine.jpg
299KB, 1015x761px
Oh shit!

You've just got yourself a mother fucking time machine that can take you to any point in the past!

But there's a catch: you can only use it to travel back in time for the purposes of playing a tabletop game with people, and you can only play with people who won't end up as big mentions in the history books, no famous figures in history, unfortunately.

What time period do you go to, what type of people do you try to play with, and what game do you play?
>>
>>54130853
Do I know the language? If so the ancient greeks, spartans or some shit.
If not than latin classes and go play some dnd with the romans (pre-christian rome)
>>
>>54130853
>time machine

I smash it and spit in the DM's eye. I'm not going to play his dumb fucking monkey paw game. I also don't accept items or entities offering the Wish spell, and throw genie lamps into volcanos

these things never go well. Ever. every dumb fucker thinks they're the cleverest shit ever, lmao subverted your intentions! So I earn everything with blood, sweat, and hard work.
>>
>>54130906
That's cool and all, but the premise is that you get the time machine IRL to play games with people from the past.
>>
>>54130919
YOU AREN'T TRICKING ME DAVE
>>
>>54130890
Spartans were dumb as rocks.

I'd go and play go or chess with Plato's academy students.
>>
>>54130932
but some of them might have influenced history desu, thats why didnt pick plato's or Aristotle's students (He had others other then alexander no?)
>>
>>54130946
He can still play with them, so long as they're not showing up as named people in history or make obvious changes to how history will happen. Everyone influences history in some small way.
>>
Can I only make one trip? Or are multiple trips allowed? I can come back yeah?
>>
>>54130853
Just going back in time and introducing certain ideas to the world would be enough to change history if they began to spread around.
>>
>>54130991
For the sake of a game that takes multiple sessions to play, yes you can take multiple trips. The machine is always going to be around so long as you're only using it to play games, but the honor system dictates you should probably move onto a new time period and group of people once you finish one game/campaign/ect,
>>
I'll go and play Hamsterrolle with Tesla. He seems like he could use some cheering up.
>>
>>54130971
shit thats great. I'll take a game with platos students over the meathead spartans anytime, philosophy and dnd lessons desu
>>
>>54131005
That may very well happen, but do to time machine shenanigans, the changes will be kept minimal at best. Like how Egyptians technically had d20s. It's a fun fact but things carry on as normal.

Most extreme effect, modern game makers say that they were directly inspired by ancient games from the past.
>>
>>54131008

Cool. I'm going back to the 80s. I liked the 80s.
>>
>>54131022
There is zero point in this mental play with your retarded constraints.
>>
>>54131039
The thread is about having chill game sessions in different time periods, not how you playing in the past changes history.
>>
Go back in time to meet the followers of Jesus during the time between his Resurrection and his Ascension, and convince them to let me play Snakes and Ladders or something with them between listening to Jesus preach.

Naturally, I'll be bringing a microphone and a recorder with me to record Jesus's sermons while I play.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.