[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All the "Adventurer Guilds" (whether Guild of Rangers,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Foundlingwheel.gif (40KB, 341x201px) Image search: [Google]
Foundlingwheel.gif
40KB, 341x201px
All the "Adventurer Guilds" (whether Guild of Rangers, Guild of Mercenaries, Guild of Pro-active Tax Collectors etc...) are basically orphanages and run all the baby hatches and foundling wheels in various towns and all adventurers were orphans raised by it.

How does this change generic fantasy settings?
>>
>>54121749
Combining the generic adventurers guild with the most generic adventurer background would hardly move the setting from being generic.
Also explains why orphanages keep burning down so much.
>>
>>54121857

What's funny is that I'm looking at how foundling wheels almost always were quickly set up and then shut down because of an excess of babies, and I'm thinking that if you had guilds whose legal status was dependent on operating these things but the financial burden of taking in so many babies made them operating nearly impossible then you'd either have quiet mass infanticide by the guilds or the guilds would set up small dungeons filled with traps for young mothers to brave to leave their babies at the end of.
>>
>>54122327
So mom just tosses the kid in the river as she'd have done without the dropoff, because she's got another four ones to care for so she can't exactly risk anything. And as this becomes common again it annoys those who made the adventurers guild keep the dropoffs in the first place, who lean a bit on the courts, and suddenly the local guild master is tortured to death for infanticide, his screams to warn whoever takes over the spot after him.
>>
>>54121749

A fuckton more mages. Who wouldn't drop it off at the wizard's guild if they had the chance?
>>
>>54122609
I wouldn't. They'd probably just use the babies to make potions or some shit
>>
>>54122668

It'd make infernal pacts a lot easier

"We will grant you this boon... but in return, we demand either your soul or the life of a..."

"Five babies? Sure," *rolls out one of those five baby prams into the magical circle*

"...uh, we only really needed..."

"okay okay! Geez, you demons sure drive a hard bargain!" *wheels out another pram with five babies in it* "but honestly, if you want any more I'm gonna have to dismiss you and dispel this ritual so I can draw a bigger magic circle to fit enough babies into it"
>>
>>54122811
Sure, until you devalue souls and the legitimate demon summoners get together and murder you for it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.