[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you stat John Wick in your system of choice? Hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: wick-in-club.jpg (540KB, 2048x984px) Image search: [Google]
wick-in-club.jpg
540KB, 2048x984px
How would you stat John Wick in your system of choice?

Hard Mode: Stat John Wick in a John Wick game.

https://youtu.be/CTJlmlZWWHA?t=4m19s
>>
File: captured ninja muslimah.jpg (95KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
captured ninja muslimah.jpg
95KB, 667x1000px
>>54119594
GURPS Lesbians.
>>
>>54119594
Someone's already done it for me: https://shootingdiceblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/tactical-shootingmartial-arts-john-wick/
>>
>>54119594
Because MAID rpg is always the best system for these threads:

Type: Veteran (x2)
Powers: Connections & Invincible
Qualities: Assassin & Wanted
Weapons: Guns & Martial Arts
Roots: Contract
Stats:

Athletics 7
Affection 2
Cunning 5
Skill 7
Luck 0
Will 12
>>
>>54119594
Here in gurps
GUN 80p
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywjdJ7P-7o
like this
>>
>>54119594
For WeaverDice, or really Worm, what powers come from his Trigger Event.
>>
>>54119594
>A john wick game

Then I would have to stat him in shadowrun but I never play games with retarded systems
>>
>>54123426
Is Shadowrun a John Wick game?
>>
>>54120254
>Luck 0
sounds about right
>>
>>54123584
No, but L5R is.
>>
>>54119594
CotV could do it if you actually ran the melee system as intended, but it'd be combining an autistic martial arts sim with an autistic gunfighting sim. The recurring problem is that it's better like 100% of the time to just shoot people in games like this, there's almost no scenario in which you'd actually do the sort of stuff Wick does in the movies because if you can grapple a nigger you can shoot him in the face just as easily.

On the other hand, there's nothing to actually stop you from doing it either if that's just how you like doing stuff stylistically. Engage in melee, grapple, melee-shoot. Or grapple, throw, melee shoot. Trip, melee shoot, etc. The thing is it's never actually "better" to do any of that than to just avoid melee altogether and shoot the guy twice, and nobody who isn't John Wick is going to charge YOU in melee if they have a gun, so you'd have to be the one to engage every time.
>>
>>54119594
I really liked the first one, but there were a few things about the second one that kinda upset me, in that I don't love Excessive violence, and the scenes where he excruciatingly kills the other assassins crossed that line for me. In the same way that that webm from the fighting game where girl A breaks all girl B's bones did.
>>
>>54119594

I'm torn on how you'd do this.

Like, on one hand, I feel like a lot of the "feeling" you'd want to get from a John Wick game would be being tactical as fuck. To emulate that, I'd want a super crunchy system with a bajillion subsystems of different rules for both shooting and grappling that are capable of interacting and relatively balanced.

The thing is, those kinds of systems are generally an unplayable mess, and flipping through a rulebook for half a session isn't going to make me feel like a super-assassin.

So on the other hand you have the whole genre of "rules-light, fluff it however you want" games like Feng Shui (or even some supers systems, as long as you keep it low-powered), but the problem there is that there's a big difference between:

>"I use <rules reference> from <distance away> giving me a <bonus> against his <weakness> and apply my <different bonus> from my shooting stance which interacts with my <terrain-based bonus> then grapple him with my <some kind of melee specialty> before firing again <applying some sort of other bonus>"

and

>"I'm going to roll this with <X> dice pool an also apply some other system-specific things to it"

and then just describing all of that happening. Like, I'd feel a whole hell of a lot cooler with the first example than the second one (for the record, both of those examples are pulled out of my ass and I'm not talking about any specific systems here), but I have yet to find a system that can provide that without also being a dense, retarded mess.

I feel like John Wick *wants* to be a super crunchy, rules-heavy game, but there aren't any that I think I'd actually have fun playing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.