[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, I need wacky and or funny DnD plot hooks. Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: received_426106771109335.jpg (35KB, 647x398px) Image search: [Google]
received_426106771109335.jpg
35KB, 647x398px
Hey /tg/, I need wacky and or funny DnD plot hooks. Can you help this fag out?
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (154KB, 726x357px) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
154KB, 726x357px
>>54112051
>The labels on the healing potions and the love potions get mixed up.
>>
File: 1420973686961.png (246KB, 1194x2176px) Image search: [Google]
1420973686961.png
246KB, 1194x2176px
>>54112051
>>
>>54112051
Something weird is happening in a remote settlement on Empire's northern shore. The town is extremely religious, littered with churches and is built around an ancient monastery; even though Gods rarely interact or even communicate with mortals, especially in this distant corner of the realm, but people remain devout. One day, a radiant orb emerges out of the waters and claims to be an avatar of Gods - it wastes little time dispensing judgement, reasoning that all the victims were sinners. Most surprisingly, this is completely true, the smitten turning out to be cheaters, rapists, idolatrists and the like, with good chunk their crimes having been private.

A dragon-king has no patience for managing prisons - his solution is more efficient and, some argue, more humane. Scum of the kingdom are thrown into a tiny subplane free of supervision and captivity, but their link to the real world is forever severed. This has been known, and nothing else, for The Dump is left to its own devices; what's new is that there are rumors of miraculous prison-break... and the dark storm brewing among the denizens of the subplane. If heralds bringing words of warning has managed to escape, what might follow? The only way to find out is from the inside.

In the heart of a great forest, defiant and proud villagers spend every second fearing for the lives, but refuse to relocate to safety - the now miniscule town was once a capital of their people, and they honor the legacy of their ancestors. Magical lanterns circling the walls, the only thing that repeals their sworn enemy, werewolves, is derelict and might give out any day, and the foe seems to be growing in number. Droves of villagers are being dragged out into the woods, to return turned, and twice as agressive as their kin. Important root is harvested within the woods, and the baron would gladly abandon this stubborn folk if not for it being the only cure for his condition. Can outsiders fix the situation?
>>
>>54112051
Have you tried not playing D&D? That plot hook worked really well with my group.
>>
Aliens abduct the party

Hilarity ensues
>>
File: 1412530510248.jpg (292KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1412530510248.jpg
292KB, 1920x1080px
>>54112051
>The BBEG and her army march into a coastal settlement
>They're not really there to conquer it or advance their evil schemes, they just want to enjoy a sunny day at the beach
Wat do?
>>
>>54115926
I ran a game once where the PCs ran into the BBEG and his top followers at a beach resort neutral territory that was enforced by the local militia (that both sides feared).
It ended with the two forces getting in a drinking contest. 2 of the BBEG's female assassins being knocked up and married to the party bard, and the party leader and the BBEG had matching tattoos.
>>
>>54112051
The giant rat in the cellar asks the party to get rid of all the innkeepers upstairs
>>
>>54115926
>Wat do?
Give Justice Girl a hug and tell her she's doing excellent job.
>>
Some faggot bard asks the party for a minimum 150 funny stories with no reference to what he thinks is funny
>>
I'm trying to make up my own little DnD game with it's own set of rules, is this thread alive enough for me to get some feedback?
>>
>>54116314
I think the Game Design General might be a better thread for it, but i don't know, shoot
>>
>>54116325
Ok, is that still in tg? Anyway, here is the basic stuff:

Rolling

Attack Roll: Use 6, 12, and 20 sided dies (upgrade die every 3 levels)

Evasion Roll: Use 4, 8, and 10 sided dies (upgrade die every 3 levels)

Rest Roll: When resting, roll both your attack and evade dice; the total is the amount of health and stamina/arcane you restore. Then, the dm rolls a 20 sided die; for every 5, an enemy is encountered.

Perfect Rolls: A perfect roll is when a die lands on its maximum number. If an attacker gets a perfect roll, their attack will not suffer penalties unless it's against a perfect evade. If an evader gets a perfect roll, they can roll again and add to their total unless it's against a perfect attack.

Stats

Health: Resource required to stay in the game; can be restored by resting, skills, or item use. If it reaches 0, your character becomes critical; critical characters can still attack and evade, but any further damage will result in a death.

Stamina/Energy: Resources are required to use skills; they can be replenished by resting. Physical skills use stamina while arcane skills use energy.
>>
>>54116333
So it gets harder to land a perfect roll as a character gets more skilled?
>>
>>54112051
Stealing this from a game

A young lady lost his cat. Cat is actually a demonic beast. Lady is a princess of hell. When you find the seemingly harmless cat. She thanks you and reveals you the true name of a lesser demon, then disappears with a "see you soon"
>>
>>54112051
Had a game a while back run by a friend who wanted to tie up a lot of loose end characters we'd all played in past games, so he did a zombie infestation in a city and we had to delve a dungeon to get to the central water supply and administer an antidote, while fighting zombified versions of all our past characters.
If you need to thin the herd as well then this is pretty good.

Failing that we did run a circus once, it was pretty rad.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.