[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oh we don't pay attention to your descriptions or dialogue,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0074.jpg (22KB, 307x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
22KB, 307x237px
>Oh we don't pay attention to your descriptions or dialogue, it's not important afterall.

I spend hours designing a noncombat encounter filled with intricate spiderweb motifs and themes. Subtely hinting to the true nature of the carnival. They ingore it all because there was not loot and then act like I threw the shapeshifter out of nowhere.

Why are pcs like this?
>>
>>54111355

>I did a thing that my players didn't find fun or interesting
>none of them cared about it
>why do they do this?

Maybe its because they don't have fun the way you do?
>>
>>54111392
>every encounter must be combat
>>
>>54111446

Nigger I'm not the boss of what your players care about.
>>
>>54111392
Not OP, but what really is the point of playing an RPG if you don't care where your character is or what they're fighting, and just want to fight whatever to add gold to your sheet?

Like, i can understand liking a dungeon crawl, but would you really enjoy that if it was just one linear corridor full of increasingly stronger featureless grey blobs that spat out loot?

No twists, no turns, no puzzles, no traps. Nothing that might hint at what you're fighting next or would be a memorable experience.

Just a featureless grind forward...is that really fun?
>>
>>54111355
you have to find out what gets your players interested

if they ignore the signs you set up, what do they notice?
anything lootable? than describe a potential treasure chest or board that they can get back to, but first they have to deal with the clowns guarding it
combat? have the carnies make the first move

dont dump them with details you think they might like, but you have to find out what they actually like and work with that

you need to modify your approach to match any giveb set of players
>>
>>54111486

Don't ask me that dude. I'm not the players in OP's group.
They're probably the kind of people who play mmorpgs and shit.
The people D&D 4e was made for.
>>
>>54111527
Both 4e and MMORPGS are at least more in-depth than that.

For 4e, puzzling out what you'll be fighting beforehand can be useful, since there are abilities that depend on damage types so you could swap around stuff to give yourself an advantage.

In an MMO, there's at least non-combat quests or boss mechanics that force you to go around and investigate stuff or do something other than just smashing it until it falls over.

OP's players sound literally lower than the lowest common denominator.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.