[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like to live in a fantasy world like d&d or pathfinder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: 0Wfk05T.gif (508KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
0Wfk05T.gif
508KB, 500x477px
What is it like to live in a fantasy world like d&d or pathfinder?

For example:
What are some racist stereotypes that could exist in a fantasy universe?
What's it like casting magic? and what is magic really? Is it a sort of natural arcane energy? Is wizardry the manipulation of some sort of surrounding magic, or is it from within the soul, the spirit, the blood, or is it something else entirely?

I like to imagine spells as something you cast, and if you mess up the ingredients it doesn't come out right. Like the words, symbols and incantations are simply tools of construction help it to flow better and be more accurate. You could tell when you mess it up because it just doesn't feel right, which is why you'd have to focus. Like it would take 3 years as an apprentice before you could cast a spell and have it actually have it be kinda strong. Most noobs could memorize the spells, but couldn't really grasp the meaning behind it, and what a wizard is trying to really... do. If that was the case, then different wizards might have different incantations to cast the same spells, and would be able to innovate with the incantations. It would be both an art and a science; the science of understanding magic, and the art of casting it. Because it would be an art, different wizards might have different ways of constructing their spells, even if they were casting the same spell.

What about the economics systems and industry, how would they be affected by fantasy elements? I like to watch how it's made, so when I think of the existence of magic and automatons I wonder if there would be sorts of factories that involve magic in the creation process. Could there be a magical equivalence to the industrial revolution? What about artisan mages, who use their spells mainly for the sake of making fortunes by producing goods?

Share ideas, I want to get a more wholesome understanding of what a fantasy world would be like.
>>
>>54093279
Read the fucking book.
>>
I don't have it lel
>>
File: 1494222466035.png (982KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1494222466035.png
982KB, 1000x1414px
>>54093279

Well, I imagine racial tensions would exist between different colors of elves, like pic related...

(1/2)
>>
File: 1493516121562.jpg (138KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493516121562.jpg
138KB, 1000x1000px
>>54093736

... And pic related. There's a lot of subtle but profound differences, and they'd probably have a hard time working it all out.

(2/2)
>>
File: Demacia_Grand_Plaza.png (4MB, 1795x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Demacia_Grand_Plaza.png
4MB, 1795x1010px
I like the lore for Demacia, I feel it's a really good fantasy nation. They build their cities out of a magic resistant stone, and culturally abhore the use of magic. I could actually imagine a city like that existing in a world of magic, it makes a lot of sense.

I'll probably read demacian lore when world building.
>>
I guess a big part of what i'm asking is what are the limitations and costs of magic, and how much does magic influence the fantasy world?
>>
File: imagination.jpg (70KB, 400x405px) Image search: [Google]
imagination.jpg
70KB, 400x405px
You decide!
>>
File: RPGWorld_timesaretough.jpg (41KB, 288x326px) Image search: [Google]
RPGWorld_timesaretough.jpg
41KB, 288x326px
>>54093279
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.