[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you use D&D Beyond or any other digital tools to assist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

Do you use D&D Beyond or any other digital tools to assist with your gaming?

What's the best one?
>>
I use Obsidian Portal to manage my campaign notes and occasionally roll20.net for online gaming. Campaign Cartographer is good for mapping. Haven't tried Fantasy Grounds but I heard it was good.
>>
File: drow on giant spider.jpg (116KB, 500x553px) Image search: [Google]
drow on giant spider.jpg
116KB, 500x553px
>>
File: 1498756939421.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498756939421.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
>>54092400
Is there a good one that works offline? I'll be running a Delta Green campaign with the staff at a summer camp I'm working at and won't have internet
>>
>>54092400
Are you getting paid well to shill or is this one of those "I live in a 4th world country and it's either this or starve" kind of setups?
>>
>>54093730
Isn't it a free thing?
>>
>>54092400
Me and my group all put in for hero lab on pc, it was only a couple of bucks each and we all just use the one licence. It's pretty expensive if your buying it alone though and it's kinda shitty. Dnd beyond wI'll be the best once it's finished beta
>>
File: nimmarn-thonglim-angel.jpg (961KB, 969x1600px) Image search: [Google]
nimmarn-thonglim-angel.jpg
961KB, 969x1600px
>>
>>54092400
I use OneNote to organize my campaign notes, donjon for random generators, Hexographer for mapmaking, and since I play 4e I also use the character builder, monster builder, power builder, and offline compendium. Oh, and roll20 to play online.
>>
I use grimoire for spells and compendium for items/statblocks.

I also mooch off my friends Syrinscape account for sound effects, and tabletopaudio.com for BGM,

Also Kobold Fight Club for finding appropriate monsters.
>>
i use donjon quite a bit.
>>
>>54092400
I use herolab with the fan-made patch that adds in all the options, but only to experiment with builds.
MAYBE to make one-shot characters.

Actual characters i want to play? regular ol pencil, so i can change and update on the fly.
>>
Notepad (the program) for in game notes and expand upon them after the sessions for more info. on what happened in them and how to progress the plot.

Hexographer for developing the world map and the important locations.

Photoshop for battle maps and tokens, thrown up onto the host's large screen TV via an HDMI port on my laptop (where I type out said notes).

Finally, if a situation calls for it or I eant to set the mood, I will play ambient background music for the scene.

The best example of this had my PCs attend a party at a local nobleman's home, where he was trying to find a suitor for his daughter's hand in marriage. While the PCs and NPCs intermingled, the nobleman's daughter sat down at a ballroom piano and started playing music. Queue me actually playing the full version of 'Moonlight Sonata' for the group. Best part? Right when it started to build in tempo and increasing in speed and getting to a crescendo, the villains made their move and crashed the party and started killing everyone they could, which led to the PCs jumping to action to save as many as they could.
>>
>>54092400
anyone else look at all the homebrew content on dnd beyond. honestly theyve done a great job its an amazing way of listing homebrew and sharing spells, items, etc, but there is already so much retarded shit on there like fart spell and d1000 cantrips. theres no current way to sort by popularity, or to filter out non-viable unbalanced content
>>
>>54102976
It's a giant garbage dump of stuff, with many 1 in 1000 being worth using and properly balanced.

Ain't nobody got time to sort through all that shit.
>>
>>54092400
5etools is a godscend for both gming and making character. Especially for poorfags like me.
>>
What is your preferred dice roller software if you use one?
>>
>>54102976
All the homebrew stuff will be wiped when they exit beta, since homebrew creation/sharing is going to be locked behind a subscription. Right now it's the wild west with every free account able to make stuff.

They definitely need some rating system, though, even if it's just an upvote/downvote sort of thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.