[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just bought Weapons of the Gods and I was wondering what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 51JC4YK7AZL.jpg (56KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
51JC4YK7AZL.jpg
56KB, 386x500px
So I just bought Weapons of the Gods and I was wondering what people thought of it? I'm also looking for recommendations for other wuxia/martial arts games that aren't Exalted
>>
File: LotWCover.png (5MB, 1358x1864px) Image search: [Google]
LotWCover.png
5MB, 1358x1864px
Weapons of the Gods is kind of obsolete by now, unfortunately.

Legends of the Wulin is a game by the same company which takes a lot of the same ideas but executes them a lot better. It's still worth owning WotG for the fluff though.

Saying that, LotW is far from perfect. Its editing is a total clusterfuck which makes learning the system far harder than it needs to be, and it has a few core balance issues that need to be houseruled.

Sadly, it'll likely never be updated or get extra content due to the company behind it imploding after the chinese half ran away with all the money, but there's a decent amount of fan content at wulinlegends.pbworks.com, along with the fan made companion/errata book the Half Burnt Manual.
>>
>>54090814
Thanks a lot!
>>
>>54090814
>Saying that, LotW is far from perfect. Its editing is a total clusterfuck which makes learning the system far harder than it needs to be
Better than Weapons of the Gods' editing, at least. If you take time to read through it carefully, figuring out LotW isn't too hard. WotG, though...I shouldn't have to pick mechanics out of little snippets spread through the lore. That's really bad. LotW sort of does that, too, with the loresheets, but everything in them is add-ons to the core stuff, not essential mechanics. Those are all sensibly grouped in their own separate sections.
>>
>>54091147

LotW does have a few bits and pieces of that, or rules that aren't explicitly stated and need to be extrapolated from exceptions, but yeah. WotG was way worse.
>>
What would you suggest for a wacky martial arts adventure like Jackie Chan movies, the Journey to the West movie, or Ranma 1/2?
>>
>>54092173

Depending on your preferred level of mechanical crunch, Legends of the Wulin, Feng Shui or Wushu, from complex to simple.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.