[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I've always been interested in D&D but never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1498054316884.gif (413KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498054316884.gif
413KB, 600x600px
>"I've always been interested in D&D but never really got the chance to play"

How often have you heard this line anons? Is this how you started out?
>>
I don't think I've ever heard that. I had no idea that D&D existed, and one day when I was 12 or so I went over to a buddy's house and he basically just stuck character sheets in front of us and started explaining things
Most people I know got into ttrpgs in a similar way, they weren't interested at all but ended up trying one for some social reason and had fun with it
>>
D&D video games exist

so... no. I've never heard that.
>>
>>54088861
My first exposure was playing 3.5 at summer camp, I had always wanted to play a ttrpg and knew about other systems but at the time it was my only option, loved the campaign but looking back it was really inconsistent and the GM was making shit up as he went but he was permissive enough that the freedom as compared to vista was intoxicating
>>
>>54088990
*vidya
>>
>>54088861
Mostly everyone I got into the game has said the exact same thing. 9/10 they liked it so they stuck with it, even if we don't really get to play that often.
>>
>>54088861

I've got a few friends who express this sentiment. I got them into basic board games like Catan and social games like Secret Hitler, and a few of them really like the idea of RPG's, it's just hard to find a regular time they can all get together and play.
>>
Every time I say it
>>
I've heard this a few times. Sometimes it results in a game, other times it doesn't.

I don't remember exactly how I started out. I think it was my most dysfunctional friend in HS who suggested it. I don't remember too much of playing with him other than it was horrible. I introduced the game to my more functional friends and we are still playing 11 years later.
>>
File: WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg (150KB, 1224x814px) Image search: [Google]
WeAreNotTakingTheWizard.jpg
150KB, 1224x814px
>>54088861

It's pretty common. It's how I got started, when I was 15 or so.

It's also how I managed to fit in to a new social circle after moving to a new city to be with my gf. Met her friends, they were all "Oh, you know how to play? Can you teach us?"

Great folks, we're on our third campaign now. Now that we're all 30 or so, it's easier to schedule games than it used to be. It's much easier to get two married couples together for an evening than four single people.
>>
>>54088861
It's incredibly unfortunate that people outside the hobby think DnD is all there is to roleplaying games.

Hopefully the damned thing will keel over already and let /anything/ else take over.
>>
>>54089274
I said as much when I started, only I was introduced to Pathfinder. At some point my wires got crossed and I thought Pathfinder was an edition of D&D for the longest time.

Especially funny when I watched HarmonQuest and noticed they were all using Pathfinder and couldn't say D&D.
>>
damn, i said those words. i pretty much knew how to play, had a lot of magazines and shit by the time i finally managed to get in a group.
>>
>>54089331
>I was introduced to Pathfinder
I'm sorry.

>I thought Pathfinder was an edition of D&D
Pathfinder may not literally be DnD but it is the same as DnD. It's called 3.pf for a reason.
>>
>>54088861
As a forever GM: I've heard this line dozens of times, I'm halfway though getting my degree and I've had tons of other college students join and leave my campaigns on a regular basis. But new players are easy to write a campaign for.

Best part about it is I get to run the games I've always wanted to try out: Edge of the Empire, Only War, Dungeon Crawl Classics, etc.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.