[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for interesting applications of super powers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1498301301906.jpg (76KB, 814x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498301301906.jpg
76KB, 814x960px
I'm looking for interesting applications of super powers.

For example, could someone with mastery over gravity, light, or both have any influence over the flow of time?
>>
Spiderman could make a web-condom
>>
>>54088071
I once played a guy with the power to change the way things rotated. This allowed him to stop cars, and fly against the rotation of the earth by canceling his own momentum relative to the earth's surface, along with some more situational things. Those were good times.
>>
>>54088071
I kinda liked the weirder uses for Hamon energy in early JoJo. The franchise in general has a lot of characters who push their powers to the limit in terms of application, and it's clear the writers put a lot of thought into how characters would do this.

For one example involving stands, Josuke Higashikata's stand [Crazy Diamond] can fix things by having their pieces fly back together, but he often uses it to reassemble objects around enemies to immobilize or harm them, has used it to disfigure people by making their injuries 'heal wrong', and even used it to create projectiles from broken glass by "reassembling" them so their pieces fly through enemies on the way back. I think it's a really fascinating example of someone using a seemingly-innocuous power in unexpected ways.
>>
>>54088071
Why would light affect the flow of time?
And if you can affect the flow of time in any perceptible way with gravity you'll probably destroy Earth first
>>
Speaking of creative-use superpowers, I'm playing a haemokinetic in an Aberrant game but my GM like to run things a bit faster and looser than normal. I can control my own blood whenever, but to control somebody else's I have to get a small amount of my own blood into theirs via a cut or something similar.

What're some ways I can abuse that?
>>
>>54090056
Something moving through space at light speed no longer moves through time
>>
>>54090564
I should say more accurately, is no longer effected by the passage of time
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.