[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not even going to bother explaining shit. I'm just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0626172219.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0626172219.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I'm not even going to bother explaining shit. I'm just going to tell you if you're wrong or if your card is too over powered.

This is for my game.

I'll give you some basic ideas about how shit works in this game.
You got a deck
a hand
And on the battle field, you can have anything from 0 - infinity lines/columns.
A column consist of stacks of cards. You go the top card, if faced up, is the face card. Every other card faced up under that is a held card. Any card faced down under that is a burried card. Faced down cards and faced up cards can be mixed (i'm just realizing this is actually good for mechanics). cards in a stack can be viewed at any point in the game.

So i'm just trying to be creative and get some ideas going.

There are no numbers in this game. just glyphs and glyph containers. There's some "common lingo" I need to work out.

There's also no official way to win the game.
The most common win condition would probably be when one player no longer has any cards in their deck.

The theme is as diverse (but not as absurd) as yugioh

In the official blockchain backed game, no 2 cards are the same. Ideally.
Also, no card can refer to another by name. Only by glyphs, but don't make glyphs fucking unique ID codes.
>>
>I'll start
Candle Fairy
Header Glyphs: Fairy (Fire) // the circle around Fire means that it's a fire-lifeform. The
Ability: When this card is played onto the field. Face down horizontally a Death* card // a death glyph'd card with any container or no container

Obsidian Phoenix
Fire (Earth) {Death} Flight// {this} is for meta-aspects. This phoenix is made of (Rock/Earth) but obviously breathes Fire.
When this card is flipped faceup, flip up the first burried card of an unfaced stack.

Moss Golem
(Earth)(Earth)(Plant)(Earth)
Cast a single <-plant> attack onto a (target) // <this> is for passives. <-this> is generally for damage/debuffs ...<+this> is for buffs, health and stuff ... generally.

Balloon Boy
{Death}
Elevate a "Flight" card to the top of the carried stack // can be improved, inspired by some interesting art work
Ink Blood [[ <ink>(ink) ]] When <-Any> card is attached to a (NonSpirit & NonMetal [[ is this safely broad enough? Negatives are the only way to balance glyph relationship responsibilities ]] [[ can we use inverting "non" circle+slash signs over any glyph? ]] ) holding Ink Blood, call (any) w/1(ink) "to the field at the front of any row or on top of any non()"
>>
>>54086958
Can you explain the actions player can take other than playing cards, adn the way glyphs work?

This game sounds like its fairly limited in its scope and scale, but Im willing to hear you out.
>>
>>54086958
>I'm not even going to bother explaining shit. I'm just going to tell you if you're wrong or if your card is too over powered
What a good, positive, non-faggy start to your thread OP
Everyone will surely want to help you develop your game now!
Good thread 7/11
>>
>>54087266
glyphs are purely symbols.
Glyphs aren't really memorized, they just help guide a users intuition.

How different glyphs interact with each other are entirely described by the cards. No memorized rules.

Eventually new glyphs will be added to the game.
Old cards might have to be updated, and will do so gracefully.
Cards are cheap to buy/print, so updating physical cards for "sparing" matches should be easy.

>>54087325
yes, I am a little bitch
I could have instigated in a better way.
I'm trying to bruteforce this.
I'm trying to flush out this idea by antagonizing everyone, maximizing criticism.

>Some card concept I want to work on
Wax Clock
{CandleGlyph} Clock // clock glyphs are "generally" for time. So {candle} is put in a meta container for potential broad/general "wax" interactions.
When a <-Fire> is attached to this stack face up, remove all Clocks.
>>
>>54087588
wax is represented by a candle glyph
>>
Mind / Spiritual [^Spiritual] = Temple
Dark
Light
Plant
Metal
Electric
Water Generally fucks up fire & Buffs Plants & Buffs Lightning damage
Earth
Fire Generally fucks up Ice & Plants
Wind combos well with other elements
Ice
Sound often casted by wind creatures

Flying
Swimming

Seed
Tree
Flower

Dream //becasue dreams are edgy
Clock //Multiple cards that essentially "tick" in some fashion over every turn. A clock glyph is removed every turn
Mirror //becasue mirrors are edgy
Hypnosis //trauma ... edgy
Math //edgy
Language //edgy

Atomic/Molecular //{Atomic} == Scientist
Star
Planet

Tower //This glyph would not be inside the building container

Gold //Most of the time, this will not be in a "Material" container, the glyph is enough to describe it as a material.
Silver //Most of the time, this will not be in a "Material" containe
"Precious metal" cards that are created from imaginations that love "battle concepts" (like pokemon/ yugioh/ magic) will probably just have a [metal-glyph] as the material, and then use the precious metal as a basic glyph to the side.

// glyphs to represent colors. colors can not be mixed on top of other glyphs, they are glyphs themselves. I could do regular ass colors, but it would be nice if there's an abstract shape for each one.
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow
Black
White
Purple
Pink

Sword //All swords may be selected, but perhaps not all weapons, too powerful, "weapons" is hard to scale
Shield
Bow

Drink
Food
>>
>>54087266
The only actions a player can take is playing cards?
Oh. ...
well, they draw cards at the beginning of their turn and discard some at the end.
This is for all games being played with the standard "zone" framework, if you will.

The zoning framework (the deck, hand, and field stacks) can be played with any rules/conditional challenges.

A horizontal card, is just a horizontal card, unless it has a special response to be horizontal.
A card played to the field has just been played to the field.
There's no general "attack and defense" framework, some cards will have the capacity to burry others.

Some games can not be won.
This may turn a lot of people off, initially.
>>
The game is "frameworkless". It's not a combat game necessarily. It's a mashing of "imagination".

It is quite a bit to explain, so I'll try to be concise with some key examples. A card(single card stack)/stack on the field that is turned horizontally doesn't mean anything without the context of other cards. It may be entirely meaningless for that card to be turned horizontally. But let's just say it is, and let's say it's the following card:

Slumber Jump this one will be horizontal
<dream> //<these> containers represent "passive" effects. <-these> rep damage/debuffs. <+these> rep health/defense/buffs.
When this card is returned to your hand from the field, move the stack to the back of the row. (this whole description is marked up w/ glyphs too. it has to be. I'm worried a little about elegance, but I'm hoping for the best. right now this card's ability is irrelevant)

Snap
{hypnosis} // {these} are for "meta" aspects
Requires active/on-field (Any-"livingcard"){hypnosis}: When cast, burry all Dream glyphs under a target stack, but not the face card.

Lucid Prodigy
(Psychic){hypnosis}
When a <-+Dream> card is flipped horizontally, you may flip the stack back vertically (yes, there is something to resolve infinite trigger loops)

It may seem too conditional, but these cards are also used as ammo/fuel themselves. Honestly, I've yet to experiment with how frequently abilities can be triggered. I need a good deck first. That's why I'm reaching out. I don't think there is anyway to really test this unless I get 200 cards done. Actually isn't that hard if I do just a few everyday.

side-note (These) circle containers describe living organic-ish creatures. You can target (any-"living creature"). (not machines or golems which can be described in other ways)
>>
This game isn't necessarily about "battle". It can be "competitive" most of the time. I'm actually hoping to popularize a new concept into TCG's. You collect cards you like, and sure, they have special effects, but they aren't all really focused on "beating" someone. Theoretically, you could meet up with some other player, not establish a winning condition and just let your cards play out. See what they do. See what you try to take control of, notice what you're willing to give up. It's a way to learn about someone new.
>>
>>54088479

I like your design philosophy, but sadly you are mistaken in how you understand human psychology.

People WILL try to *win*. It's the same as people who min-max and *win* collaborative storytelling in table top games, or try to use the most broken tactics or argue for the rules in their favor. I wish you luck.
>>
>>54088583
I definitely agree with people will try to "win".
I definitely would too.

Wait, are you saying that there's an issue with there not being a default win condition? Or an issue with a random encounter and expecting people to just play nice with each other?
>>
>>54088583
the rules of a card correlate 1 to 1 with how they are programmed into the blockchain-backed version.
>>
Seriously? A board full of fan-cucks?
any narcissists want to create their own game?
>>
>>54089553
your'e right /tg/ I was a jackass

>>>/x/19225883
>>
File: IMG_4556.jpg (42KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4556.jpg
42KB, 500x265px
>>54086958
WTF are we even looking at?
>>
>>54092826
General layout of a game example.
Circles are just the heads of the player.

I. Will redo it.

Once i get enough cards i am doing a printed deck
>>
Sorry about being a jackass guys. Really. Now that i had a blunt. Yeah sorry.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.