[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I enchant a gun or the bullets I would be shooting out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Bill.jpg (9KB, 398x299px) Image search: [Google]
Bill.jpg
9KB, 398x299px
Should I enchant a gun or the bullets I would be shooting out of it? Could I enchant a gun? As an intelligent weapon, would a gun be able to fire itself?
>>
Depends on the setting.
>>
Yes.
>>
>Should I enchant a gun or the bullets I would be shooting out of it?
Depends on the system.

3.5 had it so that an enchantment on the bow passed that enchantment onto any non-magical ammo you used with it.

>Could I enchant a gun?

I don't see why not

>As an intelligent weapon, would a gun be able to fire itself?

Ask your DM if intelligent swords can fight on their own without being dancing weapons.
>>
>>54085296
ask your DM. if you are the DM, pick whatever you like.
>>
File: 800xex.jpg (86KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
800xex.jpg
86KB, 600x421px
blessing tbe bullet wluld be heavily counterproductive given even a 70's modern weapon shoot 700+ rounds/minutes easily.
>>
File: IMG_1129.jpg (62KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1129.jpg
62KB, 663x579px
>>54085296
I am upset by that picture.
>>
>>54085328
To be fair, that's full auto, which unless you're mowing down a gunless mob, probably isn't going to be utilized very often.

My personal philosophy is gun enchantments should be generic improvements while bullet enchantments should be situational; give your gun bonus accuracy or enough animation that it auto-resolves any jams, and stick to making individual bullets that explode into fireballs on impact or deliver curses or whatever.
>>
>>54085339
what, your gun doesn't fire the bullets WITH casing?
Are you telling me your gun is wasting precious projectile mass?
Why not use all of it and get 65% more bullet per bullet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-nMWgBUp0
>>
>>54085417
to be fair full auto or burst fire could be pretty effective for suppression, if you had a bunch of bullets with time-fuzed flashbang effects enchanted on them

>>54085328
Depends how your setting works but you could work around this.

E.g. just have a cast or stamping machine so that each bullet has a rune printed on it, then a quick dip in blood or whatever to "activate" the rune and you're GTG

or have each bullet in a crate delivered by the manufacturer be cast from the same source piece of metal, and enchant all the bullets at once using sympathetic resonance
>>
File: cowboybebop.jpg (56KB, 700x374px) Image search: [Google]
cowboybebop.jpg
56KB, 700x374px
>>54085296
>Could I enchant a gun?
Yeah.
I had revolver dude with 6 (or for I don't remember) dancing guns around his head everytime I entered combact.
>As an intelligent weapon
I believe it needs to be dancing or something like that. At least in pathfinder. (I believe)

I also wanted to put a cannon into a portable hole/oppossum sachel so that I could shoot it from my chest.
But my DM always avoided all the questions/I didn't have enought moneys.
>>
Enchant the bullets for whatever effect you want, then enchant the gun to fire magic bullets
>>
>>54085296
>D&D 3.0
Each, separately. The bullets are single use and cost far too much.
>3.5
Just magic guns, they make the bullets magic.
>4e
Magic guns. They magically make bullets.
>PF
Magic guns, but you need to drop one GP per bullet.
>5e
Magic guns. Don't really worry about ammo count. Just buy some. You'll be good.
>>
>>54085730
>Bullet ioun stones
I have found my new character concept.
>>
>>54085757
>1gp per bullet
You do know that gunslingers can craft ammo at 10% the purchase price, right?
>>
>>54085319
I think an encanted/animated sword or melee weapon could "fight" (that is, use itself, bring forth all of its potential in terms of full dice pull only for the weapon in question or the bonifier for weapon only) as long as it's being held by someone, thus letting that someone "use" it, moving itself as it's gripped.
>>
>>54085878
Is that including cost of materials?
>>
>>54086681
>Gunsmithing (Feat)
> Crafting Ammunition: You can craft bullets, pellets, and black powder for a cost in raw materials equal to 10% of the price. If you have at least 1 rank in Craft(alchemy), you can craft alchemical cartridgesfor a cost in raw materials equal to half the price of the cartridge. At your GM’s discretion, you can craft metal cartridges for a cost in raw materials equal to half the cost of the cartridge. Crafting bullets, black powder, or cartridges takes 1 day of work for every 1,000 gp of ammunition (minimum 1 day).

Gun supplies are dirt cheap in PF if you're making them yourself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.