[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make stealth interesting /tg/? I'm having some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Female_6ca8cb_6311413.jpg (232KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Female_6ca8cb_6311413.jpg
232KB, 900x1350px
How do I make stealth interesting /tg/?

I'm having some difficulties with my current group, who all wanted to be sneaky thieves.
>>
File: 1478844187738.jpg (380KB, 690x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1478844187738.jpg
380KB, 690x1052px
>>54080620
"Stealth" should be alot less about being "sneaky" in a "hide in the shadows all the time" sense and alot more about researching targets, working out disguises to avoid suspicion, knowing guard patrols or people's daily routines, ect.

A good stealth game is like a good heist movie or running a good job in Shadowrun. About three fourths of what actually happens in the plot arc is PREPARATION, rather than the actual action itself. Good thieves don't sneak around in the dark in leather tightpants, good thieves are the ones dressed like nobles and rich merchants and trophy wives, whom you'd never suspect of having a knife hidden in her corset when she approaches you in a quiet out-of-the way room at a party.
>>
>>54080620
MAPS
>>
>>54080620
Like the first anon said, it should be less about being invisible because if that's all stealth is there's no difference than having a mage turn you invisible. Stealth is a tactical playstyle where being caught out of it off-guard is disastrous. Focus on said tactical aspects and avoid "I walk in the middle of a brightly lit room, bypass 20 people, and backstab the guy." Make sure the players know this because they may just want the hide in plain sight style of gameplay.
>>
>>54080620
The same way you make any challange interesting; you give them obstacles to be overcome in a variety of ways. The goal is always maintaining stealth obviously but they should have a bunch of different tools to use to that end (instead of just a single stealth skill) and then have to navigate a series of obstacles using those tools. The other thing with stealth is leeway, if you set it up so that a single fail can result in 'you get seen, guess you fail' then it's probably not going to go well, they either need a recovery method to get back into stealth at some kind of cost or they need to have more room for failure.
>>
See: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/41993874/
>>
>>54080620
Maps bro. You're never going to be able to give context for any kind of stealth without have accurate depictions of the environment. Most of stealth and thievery is figuring out the puzzle of movement through various spaces. Thinking 3D is also a big part of this and Thieves can do a lot of this with their climbing skills.

Another solid tip is that Thieves depend a lot on mundane equipment like that grappling hook and rope in OP's picture. Modifying or improving this equipment to meet the needs of thievery is also a big part of the "thieves' puzzle". Example: If you put a layer of felt on a grappling hook it is silenced. Thieves can get pretty outlandish with the details of equipment modifications and spend a lot of effort crafting and commissioning such inventions.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.