[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 48

File: Chaos Dwarfs 4th edition.png (2MB, 1028x913px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Dwarfs 4th edition.png
2MB, 1028x913px
"And if Games Workshop were to last for a thousands years it would look back on Fantasy and say 'this was our finest hour'."

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: http://www.pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: http://www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: https://mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
https://pastebin.com/xXYsyMmi

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

Previous Thread: >>54037431
>>
>>54076863
>"And if Games Workshop were to last for a thousands years it would look back on Fantasy and say 'this was our finest hour'."
"Then they'd look at their Space Marine sales and say 'Nah, THIS was our finest hour'."
>>
>>54076087

You can get a recast of him on black market miniatures, don't know what the qualities like though.
>>
>>54076863
>ancient Mesopotamians
Now that is a fancy op.
I wanted to use them in my Araby army but fuck, base infantry all in metal is expensive even outside of GW's scams and the handgunners are more important
>>
>>54076880
Kirby is not all of GW.
>>54076922
I have a NIB original.

I want to use him, not sure whether to crack open mine or buy a recast.
>>
File: tumblr_o535w7zTeI1ummjd5o1_400.jpg (32KB, 397x530px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o535w7zTeI1ummjd5o1_400.jpg
32KB, 397x530px
Lahmia was here. Von Carstein is a loser.
>>
>>54077145
Hey, I think I saw a Mahtmassi in another thread.
You should go check that out.
>>
File: notice_board_pins.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
notice_board_pins.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>54077085
Can't you just use regular dwarven Thunderers with notice board pins for hats?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dwarf-Thunderers-Quarrellers
>>
>>54077248
I meant mesopotamians in general, since I'm doing an Empire army.
>>
Chill Gorilla#0654
For the guy in the last thread.
>>
>>54077110
Recast, keep the original still in box and trade him for a robot wife once those roll around.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 571x879px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 571x879px
Soon
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 572x830px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 572x830px
When will they be in TW WH?
>>
>>54077428
Third game, most likely.
>>
>>54077428

I think they'll come along whenever Ogres come.
>>
If I'm playing with a "small person" and I call my halfling a hobbit do I get banned from 9th age events because it offends him that I don't know his cultural heritage?
>>
>>54077307
Ah okay. That would've been one neat army.

Hail Caesar got a couple of different historical mesopotamian miniature armies. Dunno about their quality etc though.

https://store.warlordgames.com/collections/assyrians
>>
File: Man skall vara seriös.jpg (56KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Man skall vara seriös.jpg
56KB, 400x300px
>>54077876
>Dwarfs and hobbits are the same thing.
>Being a dwarf is cultural.

Go back to /pol.
>>
>>54077876
>"small person"

Fucking shitlord heightist, it's 'trans-tall.'
>>
>>54077876
If you're the same cunt that dribbled this shit through the last thread then kindly fuck off
>>
>>54077876
Did you just assume his height?
>>
>Pick up 9th Age
>Go to Adepticon for some tournament play
>First opponent is a neon haired hambeast
>She's playing Chaos warriors
>Game starts
>My archers target her Chaos Lord riding a dragon
>"These shooting at him"
>Her face turns red
>Her cheeks puff out as she inhales as deepas she can
>Screams "JUDGE!" as she starts to cry
>Judge rushes over seeing her crying
>"What happened?"
>She blubbers "Pronouns, he, pronouns!"
>Judge looks over at me
>Shrug and say "I have no idea"
>Hambeast sniffles and points her hoof like claw at me "He called my Chaos lordette a man! That's transphobia!" she bellows as she cries into her arm blubber
>Suddenly silence in the gaming hall
>Everyone turns to me
>Judge demands I leave for being transphobic
>Appeal
>Denied for not using Xe pronouns the judge prefers
>Pack my stuff up
>Walk out the room
>They start singing the Steven Universe theme and stamping their feet

And that was the last time I played 9th Age.
>>
>>54078208
>this level of lying
>>
>>54078208
>things that never happened
>>
>>54078301
Either that or they take their Slaneesh roleplaying way too seriously.
>>
>>54078208

Kek, T9A hasn't got to this stage... yet...
>>
>>54078436
We can meme it, we can make it REAL.
>>
File: rf aku topper kek.png (252KB, 610x601px) Image search: [Google]
rf aku topper kek.png
252KB, 610x601px
>>54078208
>Walk out the room
>They start singing the Steven Universe theme and stamping their feet

Dying
>>
>>54078208
>pick up Fantasy
>manage to get a game in in flgs
>AoShitters stare at the game of orcs vs brettonia
>start talking among themselves
>one guy comes up and just slaps the orcs off the table and places some snakebites meganobz
>"you fucking shitlords, your not Europe game is FUCKING DEAD!"
>the other sigmarites start throwing blood angels assault terminators at us
>store manager kicks us out for wasting everyone's time with our Internet shit
And that was the last time I played Fantasy.
>>
>>54077920
these could work well as a tomb kings conversion
>>
Don't reply
>>
>>54078538
Try harder, you sound butthurt that someone is having a joke
>>
>>54078208
SJW's have infested the fandom. When the Wood Elf mage was revealed for Total War, their was a large backlash on the forum for the fact she used a side saddle, and that it was misogynistic.
>>
>>54078795
link or screencap?
>>
who gives a fuck
>>
>>54078808
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/187990/meet-the-spellsingers

"Why should warrior women be forced in to this regressive posture? Side-saddle only arose because certain misogynists were terrified of female anatomy. Now I *know* CA are not misogynists. So is this one of those times when we find out that the guy (I'm going to guess it was a guy) who made this call just didn't really think through how offensive this might be? I'm not the shrill type. But we live in a culture now with a spotlight turned on video games - did we really *need* to run head on in to this minefield? (I had to think about this for a while, but it does upset me - it'd be like Brienne of Tarth sitting side-saddle. It mitigates the point.)" It gets worse
>>
>>54078880
> one poster = the fandom exploding with an SJW infestation

Sweet pea, if you bothered to read the thread you'd see that post is being roundly mocked by everyone else. But that's too much effort for a sensitive snowflake looking for a reason to be outraged.
>>
>>54078880
Most people told them to fuck off but these are the type of people getting in the hobby now. It's going to tear it apart like atheism got torn apart. And it's not like the hobbys in good shape as it is.
>>
What would an effective Tercio list look like?
>>
>>54078771
I thought that renaming of AoS units to their obvious 40k counterparts was at least somewhat clever.
I'll try harder next time senpai.
>>
>>54079042
it made me laugh
>>
How are the /WFRP/ers going?
>>
>>54079145
Pretty good. Playing in two games now. You?
>>
>>54079042
The lacking element is that there was no story at play. It was just neckbeards and "DES NAMES GO HERE!". Read the adepticon story, it builds slowly until it becomes completely wild
>>
Anybody else just feel sad when they see or hear mentions of giants? Seem like a pretty tragic race doomed to suffer agony and death.
>>
>>54079145
I want to play but i have nobody to do it with and I'm a complete noob.

Bad feel man
>>
>>54077428
Not sure, but they're definitely going to be in. There's a strip of land just beyond the World's Edge Mountains that's not a part of a province, but if you want you can have units walk around in.
>>
>>54077428
They better go with the foreworld models.
>>
>>54077920
those shields would also work well with dwarfs, giving them a real wall of shield
>>
File: i told you dog.jpg (46KB, 692x451px) Image search: [Google]
i told you dog.jpg
46KB, 692x451px
>>54078538
funny this is almost exactly what happened to me and my friend when we tried playing 8th at a new lgs
>>
>>54078538

> Playing in a GW.
>>
>>54079215
No WFRP players around my neck of the woods at the moment. Life is suffering.

Anyone ever played a campaign set in the Dark Beneath?
>>
>>54078450

I don't think we have to meme it, seems to be coming along quite nicely.

Now pray to Sunna the black, trans, gender-fluid bisexual God-Queen of xe Empire.
>>
>>54081138
>Sunna the black, trans, gender-fluid bisexual God-Queen of xe Empire.

Does the possibility that there would be such a god in a fantasy setting really bother anyone? I mean, wasn't there an elf god from the early days of D&D that was hermaphroditic? And what about stuff like Yog-Sothoth or Shub-Niggurath?
>>
>>54079145
Sad that my gaming group stopped playing WFRP
>>
>>54081138
I'm less and less inclined to be part of any gaming community because if it. Between vidya and tabletop my hobbies are rapidly dissolving.

Can old dogs learn no tricks or are all hobbies now pozzed?
>>
>>54081343
How long ago did they drop the game, and was there a reason for it?

>>54081357
>I'm less and less inclined to be part of any gaming community because if it. Between vidya and tabletop my hobbies are rapidly dissolving.

So it's a steady decline on your part as you've come to realise this sort of stuff has been part of your hobbies for longer than you've realised? That's fair enough. It's a shame that you're losing out because of intolerance, though.
>>
>>54081357
Have you no friends or playmates outside of what a company gives you?
>>
>>54081267
The difference is those gods had features like that to add to their portrayal as being alien and abnormal.

Now we have to pretend it's a normal thing and you're an awful person if you don't go out of your way to include it.
>>
Talk about the greatest WF related achievement you got.
>playing WFRP
>made a randomly generated Dwarf that is extremely tall for a dwarf (above 1.50 m)
>this pretty average guy manages to:
>befriend an elf
>befriend a runesmith
>murder a minotaur (not alone obvs)
>"defile" a herdstone by tearing it down ereasing the chaos symbols and etching "karrik wuz 'ere" and "Grugni rulez chaos blows" on it (got help since he is illiterate)
>kill three chaos warriors in full plate while not getting hit once

To this day, i still miss him and his stunted unwoundable figure. Hopefully my GM will do a new wfrp campaign again after 4th edition rolls out
>>
>>54081447
I'm yet to see any of that in wargaming myself. What started this whole shitfest was someone sperging out over T9A having a clause saying "don't be a dick". All that means is don't insult a tranny because they're a tranny by doing something autistic like going out of your way to use male pronouns or whatever. That doesn't mean you have to agree with their life choices or pretend that they're not mentally ill (they are), you just need to use standard social niceties. It's really not that hard.
>>
>>54081462
>4th edition
fuck, I didn't even know that was coming out

that's made my day
>>
>>54076636
I have seen screenshots from it, but never read it. Would appriciate a dump
>>
>>54081462
Is there actually plans for a 4th edition or is that just wishful thinking?
>>
>>54081417
>How long ago did they drop the game, and was there a reason for it?

Three or four months ago. GM dropped it after some of the players complained that the rewarding system he was using was too poor for all the expenses we had to face. GM didn't feel right with giving us richer rewards and lost interest in the game
>>
>>54081462
>kill three chaos warriors in full plate while not getting hit once

the fuck
>>
>>54081496
I just looked it up and it's been officially announced
>>
>>54081267
Previously no one would have cared because it was design space not political insert.

You have that genderless elf god who's mind fucky that lies about what it is. A Loki figure and that's neat.

Then you have shit like slaanesh that manifests its self in whatever it desires, it's a sex demon which shape shifts to maximise it's reach. Again no problem as that's a neat fantasy stereotype.

The reason it's unacceptable now is because it's done for political pandering. It's not that it's cool it's that they want to push destructive life styles and promote them on the soap box they have. There's no good story there, there's no interesting fantasy tropes. It's simply "fuck you bigots now it's chicks with dicks all the way down". And us old fantasy guys who enjoy fantasy for its ability to tell unique stories don't care to read how fagatron is such an oppressed elf but rose to the top any way and is now the most powerful elf in the world but p.s. he sucks dicks and his lover is the king dwarf.

>>54081425
Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?

>>54081487
It wasn't don't be a dick. It said you couldnt offend people. That's different
>>
>>54081447
>Now we have to pretend it's a normal thing and you're an awful person if you don't go out of your way to include it.

But it's been in the hobby for decades and people haven't bitched before. You're literally letting other people that you have an issue with make you hate something you used to love. Whatever battle you're fighting, you're losing it. If you really wanted to win, you'd just ignore it and keep on keeping on

>>54081462
Biggest achievement was keeping a trollslayer character alive for a nearly decade long RL campaign that only ended when we upgraded from 1ed to 2ed and had our characters go out in the Storm of Chaos, throwing down against some of the big names.

I've still got a file somewhere on my computer with a list of a few dozen characters I've played with or as and how they've carked it.
>>
>>54081462
>>54081492
Source? Sure it's not going to be age of skubmar rp?
>>
>>54081492
>>54081496
It's gonna come out some time between now ad next year, yes

The new creators are people called the 9th cubicle or something

They're also working on a aos rp game
>>
>>54081518
If you ignore cancer it only grows. The reason you want people to ignore is because you are that cancer and this lets you ruin things for people.

Tolerance is weakness. It will destroy everything you value because you can't be tolerant and defend things from negative changes.
>>
>>54081534
Nvm, google is my friend. Awesome.
>>
>>54081509
>It wasn't don't be a dick. It said you couldnt offend people. That's different

To be fair though, since it was directed at the reader saying 'Don't offend someone' should read more like 'Don't be intentionally offensive' if it was used in a neutral voice.

>>54081497
If your characters are too poor to live in the WF setting, then your GM is doing it right.
>>
>>54081503
Luck, grit and dwarven stubborness me friend.
He did all of this in his first career (shieldbreaker). He actually got hit a couple times, but his AP+TB of 8 absorbed all damage

Also shields save lives
>>
>>54081567
Why the fuck was the GM sending three chaos warriors at first careers?
>>
>>54081561
That's not how it was written. Stop being dishonest when a screen capture of it was posted. it says not to offend people. Which could be as little as picking your nose, eating ham or telling a tranny you won't use pronouns
>>
>>54081509
>Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?

Yes. And one time, one of them egged my car because she got upset over my politics. So? This is normal god damn human interaction. My friend broke up with her, and we fucking dealt with it. I know we're all supposed to be forever alone neckbeards and shit or whatever, but your anxiety over having to deal with hypothetical people you don't like should be a call for concern.

And we're all talking hypotheticals here. My WHFRP friend group just plays at our house. I visit the local gaming shop to buy books, figurines, and chat with the regular Mordheim group there and play a few rounds if I feel like raging at dice. None of us have been transformed into purple haired feminazis because of a rules set we don't play.

Stop getting mad at internet people you will never meet. Please just get involved in reality.
>>
>>54081588
you have to be genuinely autistic to think anything like that would get you kicked out
>>
barring "telling a tranny you won't use pronouns", because that's just being a petty little cunt, regardless of what you think about it
>>
>>54081594
>This is normal
>>
>>54081582
Endgame boss(es)
>>
>>54081582
Maybe he just meant cultists in plate armour?
>>
>>54076863
>>>54081509
>>Never been at a store or a playgroup and one of the guys brings his neon haired girlfriend along?
>
>Yes. And one time, one of them egged my car because she got upset over my politics. So? This is normal god damn human interaction. My friend broke up with her, and we fucking dealt with it. I know we're all supposed to be forever alone neckbeards and shit or whatever, but your anxiety over having to deal with hypothetical people you don't like should be a call for concern.
>
>And we're all talking hypotheticals here. My WHFRP friend group just plays at our house. I visit the local gaming shop to buy books, figurines, and chat with the regular Mordheim group there and play a few rounds if I feel like raging at dice. None of us have been transformed into purple haired feminazis because of a rules set we don't play.

This is not how most people play games. Private groups are rare and hard to find
>>
>>54081594
>My WHFRP friend group

Do you mean WFRP?

>>54081614
Jesus Christ. Even still, three Chaos Warriors in full plate should have splatted a first career PC group. Never mind that fucking Minotaur.
>>
>>54081582
>>54081614
They were actually 4 chaos warriors, but my friends managed to lay low the fourth without my help

Not gonna lie, it was hard. Two characters burnes fate points and I spent mine rerolling parries
>>
>>54081518
>But it's been in the hobby for decades and people haven't bitched before
That's literally not the point at all, and you pushing that as the point is just intentional misdirection.
It's not about it being there or not, it's entirely about it now being a big deal if it's there or not.
>>
>>54081610
No. That's called being a decent person. When you find someone is mentally ill you don't enable their illness. You say no you're sick you need to get back in touch with reality. I won't tell them pink elephants are real, that lead is gold or that a man is a woman.
>>
>>54081645
Yeah. I dunno why, but I keep plugging the 'H' in there. I think it's because mentally I keep thinking of 'War' and 'Hammer' as two separate words.

>>54081644
Really? Cause that's how it's been for me since... I guess 2005 for me? I've never been into the traveling and tourney scene.
>>
>>54081676
and what makes you think you're the one that's going to fix them? All you're doing is being needlessly confrontational. Do you go and rant at scientologists every time you see one of them? It's fucking stupid and you're not achieving anything
>>
>>54081647

I keep forgetting that 2ed is a lot more forgiving than 1ed.
>>
>>54081705
It's not my job to fix any one but it is my job to live up to my ideals. One of which is not to lie to people just to make them feel better
>>
>>54081705
Ignore him. Teach him the practical application of ignoring asshats. Just minimise his post and talk warhammer, let him 'sperg out on himself. You can't win arguments with idiots.
>>
>>54081702
Private groups tend to form in high school and just never end. With people moving around so much more now and community falling apart they're becoming mythical. They don't form any more for most people
>>
>>54081645
>three Chaos Warriors in full plate should have splatted a first career PC group
They almost did!

But they didn't count for me succeding in every parry attempt I did and our elf wizard ulric's furying everytime he landed a magic missile

We should've fought a sorcerer with them, but the GM was wise enough to have him go away with the old "deal with them my minions" shtick
>>
>>54081676
>When you find someone is mentally ill you don't enable their illness. You say no you're sick you need to get back in touch with reality. I won't tell them pink elephants are real, that lead is gold or that a man is a woman.
i never got this point, if i have to play a game in a tourny and my opponent is a crazy man who insists hisall gold army is actually red, i don't start an arguement insisting it's actually golden, i just let him think whatever and play my game.
I wouldn't get a tranny friend and pander to his delusions, but damn man, you don't even have to argue about it everytime you see a tranny.
>>
>>54081803
Why do you think tolerance is a good thing. Things you tolerate will grow, things you attack will Shrink. I don't want tranny shit to grow so I don't tolerate it.
>>
>>54081786
>But they didn't count for me succeding in every parry attempt I did and our elf wizard ulric's furying everytime he landed a magic missile

I'll be honest, that sounds statistically unlikely - but fuck it, it makes for a good story and that's what the hobby is all about.

>Grew up in the days when 7 wounds was a huge amount.
>Rolling d6 for damage, and 6's pop.
>Death came fast in those halcyon days.

>>54081765
Had a weird moment at my LFGS the other day. Just wandered in to grab a couple of board games, new girl working there started talking to me about the jewellery I was wearing, ended up inviting me to her D&D group.

I'm going to be killed, aren't I?
>>
>>54081849
She's looking for fresh orbitters
>>
>>54081845
>hurr them trannies
>i sure know better than medical doctors and psychologists
>I'm an upstanding paragon of civulization!

Why is there polshit in every fucking thread these days? It's fucking awful
>>
The only description of the Tomb King's "The Curse" I can find says this:

>The target suffers D6 Strength 5 hits (if the model was Tomb King) or D6 Strength 4 hits (if the model was a Tomb Prince).

What Strength do Khalida, Settra, Arkhan etc. use? Strength 5?
>>
>>54081849
>statistically unlikely
Much luck and rerolls were involved

>I'm going to be killed, aren't I?
Yes. And she is gonna steal your gubbinz
>>
>>54081907
We've always played using S5, but now that I think of it I'm not even sure if those special characters actually have 'The Curse' ability.
>>
>>54081903
Not everyone is as stupid as you are and thinks that just because an "expert" tells you something is true. Especially not one in an industry full of Jewish women scamming people
>>
Is there a digital version of WFRP 2nd edition or are the scans all we got?
>>
>>54081938
wew

are you the same bloke that said that being attracted to someone of a different ethnicity is the result of propaganda?
>>
>>54081930
Thanks. 8e it definitely says they do. Not all the characters, just the ones I listed it seems.
>>
>>54081955
Scan's all we got friendo
>>
>>54082034
Actually, I just googled it and the top result was the digital copy PDF lol. Want me to upload it to the repository?
>>
>>54081996
No problem. If worse comes to worse and you can't confirm it with an FAQ or anything, just clear it with your opponent. Should be fine.
>>
File: 1491283583707.png (34KB, 1226x358px) Image search: [Google]
1491283583707.png
34KB, 1226x358px
>>54082047
>>54082034
forgot pic. It appears to be the full thing
>>
>>54082047
Well that'd be lovely. I wonder now why nobody did it before since they're so easy to find
>>
File: Capture.png (122KB, 521x205px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
122KB, 521x205px
>>54081907
i only looked at the three you listed and they use the tomb king one
>>
File: 1487413239613.png (63KB, 1135x925px) Image search: [Google]
1487413239613.png
63KB, 1135x925px
>>54082103
Righty-o, it appears this site has them all so I'll just go ahead and get all the ones that are just scans. They won't be easier to DMCA will they?
>>
>>54081911
How did that game end?
>>
>>54082350
We stood trumphantly over the broken bodies of the chaos warriors, then went home.
The squire got promoted to knight, the ulrican initiate manager to not die,the elf wizard completed his grimoire and became a journeyman. My dwarf had a beer at the tavern and felt himself a veteran. The halfling got better at sneaking and became a reapectable thief

Then the GM dropped the ball cuz he didn't feel like continuing
>>
Here's a question for you - what one thing do you most wish had popped up in the game before GW killed it?

For me, it's either:
>More stuff on the Dark Beneath the World and the Skaven Warp Train
or
>Dat Fishman army, 'yo
>>
>>54082532
>All the first level characters went up a career

How...how many games did you play?
>>
>>54082539
Fishmen easily
>>
>>54082539
More albion stuff

Also hobgoblins
>>
>>54082539
Cathay
>>
>>54082577
What did you think of the Albion campaign they had back in the day?

>All armies won a special magic item they could use from then on based on the results.
>Dwarfs got a fucking power-fist.
>GW won't accept me using it in my army list.
>>
>>54082546
Played for about four-five months, one session a week, around 6 hrs each session plus the christmas special where we stopped Sunterz Klaukerzon Da Gifta'Giver from bringing orkmas to the world
>>
>>54082583
yeah Cathay, Kislev, Araby etc
>>
>>54082616
I don't think anything at all. i wasn't in the hobby yet when it happened
>>
>>54082650
> four-five months,
>one session a week
> around 6 hrs each session

Wait.

So you are telling me you played this once a week for four months. At least 16 sessions. At 6 hours each. So 96 hours of gameplay, plus a Christmas Special - lets round it up and call it 100 hours of gameplay.

Are you telling me that you played this game for 100 hours - more than 4 solid days straight - you played this game for 4 solid days, and you only went up 1 career? And the GM was throwing Chaos Warriors in Fullplate at you from the 1st career?

Were you playing 3rd Ed, by any chance?
>>
>>54082749
Did you get a chance to play in any of the global campaigns?
>>
>>54082583
>>54082651
There is literally no need for a faction so far from the others as cathay or araby

They should've gone in their own parallel game line, Warhammer: Eastern Kingdoms
>>
>>54082750
No, 2nd edition.

Our GM was for the "slow growth" kind of game. Most of these sessions we earned 20 px tops, if we gained any
>>
>>54082773
>or araby
Araby is actually closer to a larger majority of factions than the friggin' Empire.
>>
>>54082762
I followed storm of chaos when it happened, but i never played a game. I had just enough dwarves for 1000 pts games and pretty much dropped the game when the only lgs in my town closed. I started getting back in only in the last couple years
>>
File: 1490594076314.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1490594076314.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>54082539
I don't know if I would've wanted a whole Fishman army, but it could've made a great potential expansion for the Lizardmen - give them some new weird units that are actually water-focused and give them a naval edge to help do the will of the Old Ones.

But for me, it would've been a rework of Bretonnian lore and the units that would probably come with it. Finally balancing out the shift between 5th ed's high chivalry and 6th ed's grimdark inanity, working to make the faction more fun and playable even if that meant screwing with established concepts - if guns and mercenaries would make them more fun, I'd throw them in. You could probably even have it as a 'chivalrous Brets look the other way' sort of thing.
>>
Would the dwarfs allow an elf to enter their hold if another dwarf vouchers for him?
>>
>>54083052
I'd imagine they'd spend a very long time ensuring there wasn't any recorded grudges first
>>
>>54082807
>20 xp a session
>Need 100 to by an upgrade
>16 sessions
>320xp by the end
>All the players some how leveled up to a new career at the end
>Choosing a new career costs 100xp right off the bat

Holes within holes...

>>54082882
I'd pay that. Tie it in with >>54082773 and have a campaign book like the SoC that lets you field unique units for Araby, Cathay, Nippon, the Hinterlands of Khuresh, Ind - and have suggestions for converting Dogs of War units to represent different monsters/different flavours. Add a few more unique units for the Lizardmen to cover the Fishmen myths, and some scenario ideas for fighting in the greater underdark.
>>
>>54083052
>>54083064

I'd say it probably happened, especially in places like Barak-Varr, where trading is a strong lifeblood for the survival of the city. They probably treated then like shit and tried to rip them off at every chance they got, but they definitely let them in for trading.

Mind you, I doubt they'd let a beard-clipper into the inner hold - just the outer reaches for tourists and traders.
>>
>>54083079
I didn't say ALL the sessions gave us 20 px. Only most of them

The christmas special for example gave us 100 px off the bat, as did other particularly important sessions here and there, like the one where we discovered the burial mound of a chaos sorcerer and solved his riddles to escape, or destroyed said herdstone killing the minotaur
>>
NORSCA LAST-FACTION DLC WHEN
>>
>>54079278
>adepticon story
Care to enlighten us with it?
>>
>>54083154
Never.

The new faction dlc will be marienburgh
>>
>>54083182
Marienberg doesn't have monsters.
>>
>>54081267
History actually provides us with a deity whose clergy ritually castrated themselves before hitting the town cross-dressed where they provided the people with fortune telling in exchange for charity in honour of their take of their Godess as a Chick-with-a-dick.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galli

There's also that one Herodotus reference where he points out that Afrodite punished the scythian peoples with a curse that made some of them being born into the wrong sex.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enaree

The ancient world was really pretty fucking weird.
>>
>>54082179
Okay so I'm dumb and khorne.ru is listed in the pastebin. You can't access the site though and have to use google to access the files for download. I reuploaded them here so you don't have to deal with scans anymore

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/vsjm15zwu8ib8/WFRP_2e

here's an edited pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/2mjUUCfC

hope it's useful to someone!
>>
>>54083288
Of course I forget to change the date in the pastebin, use this one instead. Or don't, the content is the important part:

https://pastebin.com/8XEuNVgb
>>
File: 1459369319887.jpg (97KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
1459369319887.jpg
97KB, 640x592px
>>54083052
If it was a dwarf that was considered particularly venerable, probably. But an average Josef wouldn't have much sway, since dwarves place so much importance on experience and age.

Real question is why an elf would want to go to a dwarf hold - they'd probably rather camp outside the entrance than sully their pride by admitting to their ancestral mistakes.

>>54083272
It's humans being human - I'm not going to pretend like homosexuality or transgender stuff has always been a part of human society everywhere all the time and it's been just waiting for a socially liberal society to truly blossom (even the most liberal historian would probably laugh at that), but it's cropped up at various times and in various places, and whether people like it or not they want an explanation to understand why it happens.
>>
>>54083417
>Real question is why an elf would want to go to a dwarf hold -

Even elves like to slum it from time to time.
>>
>>54083567
They got Athel Loren for that.
>>
File: warhammer-end-times-vermintide.png (153KB, 440x600px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-end-times-vermintide.png
153KB, 440x600px
>>54083417
>Real question is why an elf would want to go to a dwarf hold
>>
>>54083417
>Real question is why an elf would want to go to a dwarf hold

Because so the can tell of it to his elven friends and puff his feathers even more?
>>
File: 1492443048882.jpg (445KB, 1616x2156px) Image search: [Google]
1492443048882.jpg
445KB, 1616x2156px
>>54082539
>Dark Beneath the World
Would have loved to see them delve further into this shit. Would have helped greatly with depowering the Skaven if some primeval terror started pouring in into the deepest tunnels. Would have been neat if as a result of this invasion the Dwarfs started to steadily retake a number of holds since the subterraenean greenskins and skaven were now fighting on two fronts.

I'd also love to see a return of the Fimir. Have them be a small but increasingly dangerous presence who's raids have grown even bolder, leading to whole imperial villages left completely depopulated after an especially foggy day.

I'd also love to see a Chaos-influenced Kingdoms of Ind-army composed of various castes of human and beastmen warriors supplemented by ogre mercenaries and elephants. Things like javelin throwing monkey-men skirmishers and ferocious but weak armoured tigermen infantry would have been really cool.
>>
I feel like Warhammer lacking a proper Africa region was doing itself a disservice.
>>
File: 1469224560868.png (1013KB, 679x965px) Image search: [Google]
1469224560868.png
1013KB, 679x965px
>>54083670
Fattest elf in Athel Loren.
>>
File: Map_Southlands_1.jpg (210KB, 931x671px) Image search: [Google]
Map_Southlands_1.jpg
210KB, 931x671px
>>54084098
Why don't you think that the Southlands constitute a proper African region?
It got ancient and still powerful kingdoms in its northern region whereas the rest of the inland continent is a treacherous jungle full of mysterious dangers and half-naked savages which hides many a wonder and riches uncountable. The coast is dotted with various trade ports controlled by a colonising foreign power.
Seems pretty much like they nailed the stereotypic Africa to me.
>>
>>54084090
I played a WFRP campaign that used a lot of that, firmir and all. Was one of the better warhammer games we played.
>>
>>54084172
Neato
>>
>>54084143
Most of Africa isn't jungle, jungle actually makes up a tiny amount of African geography. The lack of a decent savanna/veldt region is disappointing.
>>
>>54084098
I think it's hard to do a historical Africa without getting people jumping down your throat
>>
>>54084212
What part of stereotypic africa didn't you understand? Scandinavia isn't all vikings, fjords, blonde haired people and mooses either but any self-respecting not!Scandinavia wouldn't be caught dead without them.
>>
>>54084250
Why would that be the case exactly? Historical Africa had pretty much everything, be it dense jungles, dry savannah, mghty, ludicrously wealthy empires or half-naked savages. As long as you actually read up a bit on the subject it would make one hell of a compelling setting.
>>
>>54084172
Was that the one about the Empire setting up a mining camp and the players defending a trading post and expanding further into the dark?
>>
>>54079741
NO! Those aren't real Chaos Dwarfs and they aren't even canonical since they are from an alternate universe.
>>
>>54084532
What are they?
>>
>>54083670
To kill skaven and break her curse, whatever it is.

She also seems secretly fond of Bardin, so that no doubt plays a role.
>>
>>54081610
>that's just being a petty little cunt

It's being principled. I'm not going to change my pattern of speech or memorize new words to use for a mentally ill snowflake.
>>
>>54079145
Preparing to put together a game in Kislev with my group from last game. Basically picking up where we left off with different people elsewhere.

I'm considering simultaneously running a 'gaiden' game set in Norsca with the PCs playing some of the nastier folks of the Old World.
>>
>>54081903
>Why is there polshit in every fucking thread these days?

Because SJW brought their shit into everything, and so the backlash is in everything.
>>
>>54081267
>And what about stuff like Yog-Sothoth or Shub-Niggurath?

Bad examples. One is a malevolent provider of forbidden lore fated to unmade the world as we know it, and the other is essentially divine cancer.
>>
>>54084719
If you're playing a Kislev game, make sure to read through Something Rotten in Kislev.

Norse games can be fun - but don't go full chaos.
>>
>>54081503
A young cousin Okri no doubt.
>>
>>54080671
it#s FREEEEEE

also I play 40k/30kusing many recast/chinaman models/parts because they KILLED FANTASY so f them
>>
>>54078208
>Pick up 9 edition 40k
>Go to my local store for some tournament play
>First opponent is a fat neckbeard with a "make America Great again cap", son of owner of the shop
>I'm playing Harlequins, he is playing Ultrasmurfs
>Game starts
>My solitaire charges his terminators, kills three of them, only one left no damage in return
>"Wow, she totally stomped your terminators, sorry dude"
>His face turns red
>His cheeks puff out as she inhales as deepas she can
>Screams "SJW!" as she starts to sweat and shake
>His dad rushes over seeing him trembling
>"What happened?"
>He blubbers "Cuck, he, SJW!"
>SHop owner looks over at me
>Shrug and say "I have no idea"
>Neckbeard sniffles and points hir sausage like finger at me "He called his Solitaire a woman! That's political correctness, women cannot be warriors!" he bellows as he starts screeching like an autist
>Suddenly silence in the gaming hall
>Everyone turns to me
>Judge demands I leave for being a part of the jew-orchestrated consparacy of feminism
>Appeal
>Denied cause the shop owner hates his ex-wife
>Pack my stuff up
>Walk out the room
>They start unironically singing Shadilay and screeming "REEEEE, YAS NORMIE GET OUT"
>>
>>54081717
Even so, assuming OWB, you're talking 3 enemies with 50 something WS and a soak of...I wanna say 8. That's assuming plate and not Chaos armor, which also removes sundry penalties and boosts toughness or critical resistance, depending on the splat. Their real Achilles heel is having only 1 attqck, but 3 on 1 means an outnumber bonus to WS that puts them each at like 70% to hit. Considering that you only get 1 dodge and 1 parry a round, that means he was one very lucky dwarf.
>>
>>54081903
>appeal to authority fallacy

Sigh
>>
>>54084740
Except polshit spouting up were it doesn't belong just makes people even less appreciative of it. Just like with SJW-faggotry people will only view it as obnoxious noice and tardetry. You're being counterproductive.
>>
>>54085125
don't reply
>>
File: Skaven Council of 13.jpg (138KB, 1316x606px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Council of 13.jpg
138KB, 1316x606px
Lads we got another update on th skaven tease thing, time to fill in another word!

https://www.totalwar.com/ritual/

The post came along with a video of a still image and seemingly no audio

www facebook com/TotalWar/videos/1526689097406285/
>>
>>54084973
That's at I've been saying. Smells like the GM was cooking the dice. Still, as long as they were havong fun - that's the important thing.
>>
>>54085139
I'm pretty aure the guy you're talking to IS the /pol/fag before he fucks off back to the AoS thread.

>>54085156
Still waiting on a HD remake of Shadow of the Horned Rat.
>>
>>54085125
>Except polshit spouting up were it doesn't belong just makes people even less appreciative of it.

So? The why was asked, not whether it was a good idea.
Personally I can't think of it as all that bad, ultimately it's just fans taking a stand the only way they can.
>>
>>54082773
Araby is located in northern and western Africa. It's no farther than Nehekhara.
>>
>>54085156
There's letters that fade in and out hidden in the video
so far I've gotten A, N, G, I and N
>>
>>54083052
Yes, but they'd be on edge looking for a fuckup, and the elf's host would be held responsible in part for any fuck ups. A more important elf like Teclis might have an easier time of it, but one like Tyrion, with his contempt for non-elves, would be refused and insulted. Some keeps and places would likely remain off-limits, too. I can't see the Slayer Keep being too welcoming, and the Shrine of Grimnir would certainly be off limits. It was considered a big deal when Felix wad allowed in, and he was a human, a proven dwarf-friend and oathkeeper, and had had the ancestor gods answer when he called on their aid.
>>
>>54085156
>>54085278
Cracked the code. The word that is hidden is "WARNING"
it gives you a CYOA thing where you pick whether you're a Dark Elf or High Elf
>>
>>54085253
Question - if you could only have one, would you rather have officialrules for army lists for allthe other human nations, or have official mi us that you can use you 'count as' different Empire or Dogs of War units.
>>
File: S-.png (121KB, 1188x930px) Image search: [Google]
S-.png
121KB, 1188x930px
>>54085315
>>54085156
welp
CYOA spoiler
>>
what do you do when your models don't rank up
>>
>>54084607
Legion of Azgorh
>>
>>54085414
For a second i thought its Vermintide fapfic.
>>
>>54084768
Is Something Rotten in the OP, or am I gonna have to go hunt?

As for going full Chaos, that's up to the players.
>>
>>54083288
>>54083306
this is very useful to me, thanks!
>>
Malus gave the man a hard stare. ‘Just get us as close as you can. We’ll improvise from there.’

‘You mean we’ll kill whoever gets in our way.’

‘That is what I said, yes.’
>>
>>54085582
Not sure, I'm only on my mobile at the moment. If it helps, the book should be part of the 1ed 'Enemy Within' campaign, which is frankly phenomenal.

Heads up - if players go full Chaos, don't expect the game to last long.
>>
>>54081676
>No. That's called being a decent person.
>needlessly antagonizing someone with a mental illness is being a decent person
Speaking as someone with an actual mental illness, go fuck yourself.
>>
File: images.jpg (29KB, 438x336px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29KB, 438x336px
>>54085462
Who are they?

>>54085806
Pic related.
>>
>>54081676
You again
>>
>>54085838
Chaos Dwarfs
>>
>>54085870
stop replying mate
>>
Would my sultan having an elf slave be too much of a magical realm?
Because I don't want it to overshadow the love of gunpowder.
>>
can someone fill me in why are we laughing at 9 age again?
>>
>>54085934
Slaves are always magical realm, anon.
>>
>>54085941
some autist that doesn't even play any kind of warhammer sperged out because people in the forum supported brexit, there was a separate board for scotland and they said that you shouldn't offend other people while playing
>>
>>54085951
You can't do Araby without slaves, they're the human capital for slavery. And commerce.
>>
>>54085934
Nah, go for it mate. Sounds like a fun conversion.

>>54085883
You mean Best Dwarfs.
>>
>>54085934
Arabyans are notorious slavers and pirates. A druchii corsair would be the crown jewel of his collection. A very, very dangerous crown jewel.
>>
Soon.

Let's imagine for a moment these guys are compatible with the Perry stuff, what would be a nice set to buy for bits? The Perry Mercenaries would make decent militia, but they really only come with pikes and handguns/crossbows. The Perry Foot Knights are fun, but 40 foot knights is a bit much especially when the Empire doesn't really have dismounted knights outside ye olde Reiksguard. Then there's the Mounted Men at Arms, but they don't have many spare bits. There's also Light Cavalry, but they're a bit lightly armoured for Outriders or Pistoliers.
>>
>>54086079
Lots and lots of archers/huntsmen with the Wars of the Roses Infantry set. Some of the shoulders on the bow arms have padding so they look like lower class Empire troops.
>>
File: The Empire (4ed)-56.jpg (79KB, 514x696px) Image search: [Google]
The Empire (4ed)-56.jpg
79KB, 514x696px
>>54086382
That's a good call.
There's some sallets on the sprue too, which is a major ting I'd like to get hold of.
>>
>>54079385
Yeah, its pretty fucked up.

I wish there was art of them pre-fall.

At least there are still uncorrupted ones. Teclis met them.
>>
Reasons for beastmen and dwarves to fight? Okay, they probably don't need a reason, but reason for them to ever meet on the battlefield?
>>
Are firearms ever worth it? In WFRP and Mordheim they're way too expensive for what they do.
>>
>>54086679
Beastmen hate humans, dwarfs often help humans. Dwarfs still have isolated mines and outposts, too.
>>
>>54086689
As salvage. I boost the damage and half the price.
>>
File: The Empire (4ed)-64.jpg (85KB, 534x670px) Image search: [Google]
The Empire (4ed)-64.jpg
85KB, 534x670px
>>54086689
Yeah, there's a sad tendency to make them absolutely terrible. The reload time in WFRP is just not worth it either, unless you have a brace of pistols.

I think the problem is this: firearms are good because you pull the trigger and someone dies. Or at least they're out of the fight. As an individual soldier that's a terrifying power to have. The downsides (long reload time, inaccuracy at range, price etc) are all offset by this and the fact that they're cheap to supply.

In an RPG it's a bit unfair to have a weapon that can kill you in one shot. You don't want a random farmer destroying your campaign by shooting the party point blank with a blunderbuss. So they take away the big benefit of firearms and keep all the drawbacks making them useless.
>>
>>54083052
They let Finubar in during his world tour, and literally nobody knew who he was back then.

I think as long as they act like they aren't a cunt, they get let in.
>>
>>54083417
>Real question is why an elf would want to go to a dwarf hold - they'd probably rather camp outside the entrance than sully their pride by admitting to their ancestral mistakes.

Some Elves aren't dicks.

See Finubar, Teclis.

Some Elves are equal opportunity dicks.

See Aislinn.
>>
>>54085336
Like how 6e had one army book with multiple actual armies, like Dwarf guilds and Vampire bloodlines.

That's what Araby was at one point. Alternative Brets.
>>
>>54087274
>Teclis
>not a dick

>>54087322
Araby was never in modern Warhammer as a playable army.
>>
>>54086679
As >>54086717 said, dwarfs have various trading outposts set up on ground. I would also suppose that there might be quite a few dwarven lumber mills around the greater forests which would provide an ample target for a beastmen raid which ofc would necessitate some dwarven penal excursions into the woods.
>>
>>54086679
Dwarf merchants.
Or Beastmen attack them while marching to settle a Grudge.

Or they have a Grudge already.
>>
>>54087349
Outside of ET, Teclis dick levels were at Dwarf or Empire noble.
>>
>>54078880
It's weird because I'm pretty sure only the spellsingers, Isabella, and the enchantress ride side saddle, whereas the vampires, damsels, and prophetess all ride normally
>>
>>54087225
Finubar wasn't king back then.
>>
>>54086679
Beastmen heard of dwarven ale and set off on a raid to guzzle it all.
>>
File: IMG_4401.jpg (294KB, 680x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4401.jpg
294KB, 680x941px
Really cool new Kickstarter launched. Cheap Goblin stuff, with not-Squigs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/goblin-hood-2-little-john-28mm-fantasy-miniatures/description
>>
>>54087446
I know.

The original question was what does an Elf need to visit a Hold.
Finubar got in when he was just a random noble during a time before attempts at mending their ties. No extra effort or vouching needed.

If anything, Dwarfs would be like Communists. Eager to show off.
>>
>>54086679
there was an instance where they ambushed a dwarf caravan, drank all the firewater, and had a big party afterwards
Also: grudges
>>
File: 1498602534779.jpg (62KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
1498602534779.jpg
62KB, 500x722px
WHY DID GW HAD TO KILL IT

THIS WAS MY CHILDHOOD

I SPENT YEARS OF MY LIFE ON THIS GAME

WHY
>>
>>54088148
Space marines.
>>
Godly Smuggler in Mordheim
She contracts Megalomania (cannot use ranged)
I will fuck every Skaven for this
>>
>>54088148
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo
>>
>>54084289
Read the rest of the thread you fucking pleb. The hobbies infested with sjws who get pissy at how you sit on a horse these days
>>
>hypothetical fishmen army exists
>has Tau levels of skubbery
Well?
>>
File: 1486212326548.jpg (4KB, 284x73px) Image search: [Google]
1486212326548.jpg
4KB, 284x73px
>>54087471
>goblin hood
>little john
>>
>>54084890
That was really weak man. You just stole what I wrote. At least try and be original and use sisters of battle or female space marines
>>
>>54085806
Yea man let's tell people that the voices in their head are real. That'll end well.

You should kill yourself if you're mentally ill. Would improve the world if we just removed people like you. A cleaner, better gene pool means a better society
>>
>>54088307
But tau are awesome with telling the grimderp to fuck off.
>>
>>54085941
Ignore the sjws who are lying

9th age has put out multiple blog posts they reference under their about us page saying you're not allowed to offend people. And that they're making an inclusive game for everyone. I.e. hate speech rules.

Some people object to insane things like hate speech policies because it's based entirely on feelings and not remotely reasonable. The example given is lying to a man in a dress that they're a woman
>>
shan't be reading any of this drivel
>>
>>54088148
They thought that New Coke would sell more.

Turns out Total War Old Coke sells better than New Coke.
So they're testing the market by making a new edition of Dungeons & Old Coke.

Moving forward they'll probably bring back Old Coke and paclage it with New Coke so you have to buy both.
>>
>>54088179
I read that as contracts Megalovania.
Take it as you will.
>>
>>54088474
that was what I kept on telling myself, but I'm not so sure anymore

I guess the fact that they haven't Age of Sigmarised things like Blood Bowl gives me hope
>>
>>54088263
>One moron complains
>Everyone else laughs at them, including the female players

>"Infested"
>>54088350
1) Not all mental illness is genetic, its acquired.
2) This is the wrong site for that belief. We have 4 boards that LOVE tulpas, which is a form of voluntarily acquired mental insanity.
>>
>>54088675
don't reply
>>
Let me help you snowflakes since you lack creativity.

>Old buddy comes to town
>Only here for a week before he has to fly home
>We laugh about old times and decide to play some warhammer
>Dig out old models and look up the GW store we used to go to.
>Meet up at GW
>Ask if we can use a table to play some Warhammer
>New manager we've never seen before says sure and continues painting his new Space marines in gold and blue. His fingers stained with paint and subway meatball sauce.
>Start setting up
>Manager comes over with wet paint on his fingers, getting it on my necromancer
>"Not seen you before, do you play blood angels? We just got a new tactical sprue for them, comes with 15, 15! Purity seals"
>Smile politely and nod along
>Both armies set up and first turn starts
>Manage returns from Subway "Some of those models are really old, I remember The end times so I have some old models too"
>Start to move my unit of Skeleton archers
>"Hey, you know in AoS you don't need to rank your units right? Use round bases instead, you can fit more in"
>"We're fine thank you, we're short on time so can we get on with the game please?"
>Manager leaves for 5 minutes to check the store shelves
>"Hey, so about those round bases, it's £5.99 for 3 Goblin bases and we have 3 packs in stock and can get more by the 23rd"
>Politely decline and enter the magic phase
>Manager thinking he finally has a sale returns to painting his gold terminators
>Game ends
>Friend wants to buy a Dwarf slayer for his army
>Browses the shelves for a blister
>GW don't do blisters any more, just resin parts and 20 man boxsets
>Find a slayer like model
>£57.99 price tag for 1 dwarf figure on foot
>Check name
>Grimsworn ironbreaker, fyrestryker aerodienamik grand axe the rune breaker of Morrdoooor
>It's a short bloke with orange hair and an axe tripping over a rock while screaming
>Friend decides to pass
>Manager looks upset that he lost his one non pre-order sale of the day as we say goodbye and leave
>>
>>54088675
>Because all the people around me are mentally ill I must also act mentally ill

It's obvious the type of person you are.
>>
>>54087786
Strange that the dwarves didn't thought about reliating while the beastmen were sleeping their intoxication off.
>>
File: sadguts.jpg (13KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
sadguts.jpg
13KB, 223x226px
I wanted to get into Warhammer Fantasy since i was a toddler, but I've never had the money for it, recently i got a pretty well paying job and it came back to me..
Anyways, I'm too scared to go to my local tabletop store to begin with so maybe it isn't such a big deal but fuuuuck.
>>
>>54088804
it's all there on ebay if you're patient

I was the exact same as you, but I got into it last year. It's still playable if you put a bit more effort into it.
>>
>>54088804
Games dead, play AoS instead or you won't find any one to play with.
>>
>>54088869
That's not funny.
>>
>>54088771
If you wanted to talk to sane rational and pleasant people, you would have friends in real life instead of using internet social media. >>54088869
Bullshit, my local community has 6e players. Nobody plays AoS.
>>
>>54088894
No, it's the truth.

>>54088900
>Social media
>>
>>54088954
4chan is social media.
>>
>>54088954
If your only options are not playing or playing with fecal matter, you're better off not playing.
>>
>>54088980
No, it's an image board. Fuck off back to Twitter.

>>54088988
Then why are you using ancient rules even the company abandoned for being bad?
>>
>>54089055
They "updated" them.
>>
>>54088869
I can't really find anything i like about AoS, maybe if i wait a few years there might be an army i like..
>>
>>54089081
Maybe try Kings of war then.
>>
>>54076863
Is Mordheim (the vidya) considered to be any good? I vaguely remember the game apparently being a bit of a mess when it first came out, but reviews seem more positive these days. I played the tabletop Mordheim aeons ago, but have no hope of playing it with real flesh and blood human beings any more. I'm hoping this is the next best thing.
>>
>>54089123
it's got nothing to do with TT mordheim, i don't know how much better it got, but it was absolutely horrible after release.
>>
>>54088804
play total warhammer.
Make mods
play the fantasy verse as it is, free from GW's influence
>>
>>54089055
Fuck off back to your containment thread or cease shitposting.
Personally I don't hate the ruleset for skubmar that much, but fantasy is much better at differentiating the troops. As an example is dropping strength and toughness for flat "to hit" & "to wound" scores.
Never played 40k but it seems they did a much better job of streamlining the rules there in 8th ed.
>>
>>54089123
No. The AI is completely broken and as soon as they see you just rush you down. There's no tactics or depth to it once you understand this. It's just a zerg rush.

>>54089193
Age of sigmar is objectively superior to 8th edition. You can tell because GW killed one while the other is a storming success!
>>
>>54089205
>storming
>>
>>54089055
Image boards are social media.

Learn to English.
>>
Vermintide is on sale. I've heard good things about it, and I might get some mates to try it.
Any of you chaps got any experience with it?

>>54089205
1/10, made me reply.
>>
>>54089205
Reported for offtopic.
>>
>>54089272
Did you like Left 4 Dead?

Because its Warhammer L4D.

Just like Dark Forces and Doom.
>>
>>54084143
But there aren't any humans aside from Araby - kind of a waste to have it be mostly lizards and orcs.
>>
>>54089305
L4D without the competitive mod and more melee centred, these facts are pretty relevant.
>>
>>54089272
Vermintide is a bit better than L4D.

That is the core game, but the way it is designed and the details put in really sets it apart.

If you are a WFB setting fan it is a must grab.
>>
>>54089272
100+ hours in it. It's something like a melee focused, better polished Left4Dead with loot, leveling items, and differentiated PCs.
>>
>>54089272
It's a good game but suffers from poor map designs. The first level is just head and shoulders above the rest.

You need a modern PC other wise the last level will be a slide show.
>>
>>54089354
There are ooga boogas but no one cares about them.
>>
i was wondering where do i get more araby fluff? is there a good source?(bonus question cathay too)
>>
>>54089403
>It's a good game but suffers from poor map designs.

In what way? They're all quite different - certainly more so than Left 4 Dead.
>>
>>54089249
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>54089454
There's really very little Cathay lore, just mentions in other stuff. Nothing coherent on them
>>
>>54089456
They're often poorly designed with very linear paths and most of the side paths are too long and dead ends. It's hard to explain why they're not as good, it's just a general worse quality of design. Either areas are corridors or they're too open. It's never a happy balance between the two.
>>
>>54088744
>>It's a short bloke with orange hair and an axe tripping over a rock while screaming
I chortled.
>>
File: Wazzock_red.gif (101KB, 344x474px) Image search: [Google]
Wazzock_red.gif
101KB, 344x474px
>>54088744
>>Grimsworn ironbreaker, fyrestryker aerodienamik grand axe the rune breaker of Morrdoooor
>>
>>54089580
That sounds like modern map design, not so much "bad" map design. It doesn't need to be like doom where you spend a day and a half navigating one level. Not that those sorts of things are bad, and not that I don't enjoy them from time to time, but I don't think it suits Vermintide.

In Vermintide there usually are at least two paths to get to the next spot. I actually like the many dead ends, because they're not-always-obvious nooks and crannies that usually have chests (so potential bonus dice), tomes, grimoirs, lore scrolls (I already know the shit but I can't help but like finding them) and so forth. Being a dead end means that I don't get completely fuck-off lost because the game doesn't have a map. What's more, you're constantly fighting waves of skaven, so you tend to spend more time going through each step of a map, unlike Left 4 Dead which tends to be more predictable with waves coming at you at certain points that you tend to recognize.
>>
>>54089305 >>54089380 >>54089381 >>54089398 >>54089403
Sounds promising. I will make an effort to get some friends on it. Thanks anons
>>
File: 1483597211213.jpg (1MB, 2364x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1483597211213.jpg
1MB, 2364x2000px
>>54089454
There's bits and pieces all over the place. No good single source as far as I remember unless there's a novel set in Araby or something.
>>
>>54087372
I wish dwarven lumber mills and wood industry were explored a bit more in the fluff.

This whole we don't use wood for anything and even our fires are burning metal, taken to such an extreme is just bs
>>
>>54089791
That's one of the reasons L4D works, it has pretty good flow where you make progress, get slowed down to fight off a horde then make progress again. Vermintide is much more of a slog fest and with the dead ends it becomes grindy in some maps. Or you have the wizards tower which is just incredibly confusing.
>>
>>54089837
They use metal when they have a choice is all.

Since their empire is damn near gone, they're stuck using wood for new stuff. New Holds like the Grey Dwarfs use mostly wood too.
>>
>>54089856
I guess I never found the dead ends to be problematic because I actively sought them out. Then again, I play it a bit more like a dungeon crawler or something. One that involves smacking skaven to death in droves with hammers and shouting dwarven insults. As for the wizard's tower, I only played that once, but I don't remember it being all that bad. I had to back track on one spot but it didn't bother me too much since I go out of my way to explore as much as I can.
>>
>>54090018
>problematic

SJW confirmed
>>
>>54084090
I don't like the idea of Chaos-influenced Kingdoms of Ind. They're pretty far away from the polar gates, and probably wouldn't suffer that much Chaos influence - they'd be more Estalia and Tilea to Cathay's Empire.
>>
>>54090095
There is literally nothing wrong with human/elf couplings.
>>
>>54090398
You could go with the subcontinent thing and say they drifted from the South
>>
File: 6f63aa4ebe1b866c15acab0e035e4943.jpg (168KB, 771x1037px) Image search: [Google]
6f63aa4ebe1b866c15acab0e035e4943.jpg
168KB, 771x1037px
>>54089415
But that's kind of the waste - historical Africa had kingdoms and city-states and even sultanates. the Southlands might as well be unbroken wilderness beyond Nekhara, with a dot of High Elf civilization at the bottom. There isn't a sense of bordering states to have conflict and trade - there's only a vague sense that Orcs and Lizardmen are killing each other, but we don't know where the former is and it's hard to care about the vague latter. Having some not!Africans could really help bridge that gap.

Granted, it's pretty obvious Warhammer didn't want to focus on their not!Africa and not!Asia in comparison to the Old World, Lustria, Uthuan and Naggaroth, so I can see why GW didn't go to the effort to actually do anything with it. It's just another problem to bite us in the ass when we realize there's almost no reason for any faction to fight anywhere south of the land of the dead, or anything there to organize a Total War game or a WHRP game around.
>>
File: 1497463282200.png (5KB, 161x169px) Image search: [Google]
1497463282200.png
5KB, 161x169px
>>54090532
ok
>>
>>54090532
I think you nailed it with "that's not where their focus was".
If anything, that's fair license for you to fluff up your own.
>>
File: 115 - qrwfepc.jpg (204KB, 1076x1056px) Image search: [Google]
115 - qrwfepc.jpg
204KB, 1076x1056px
>>54090532
I'd have liked it if they got more than a couple of words somewhere. Some kind of Warhammery Songhai Empire would be pretty rad.
>>
>>54090532
Most of the Southlands was ruled by Nehekhara, which unlike real Egypt was a military juggernaut, the greatest human civilization ever to exist, and aggressively expansionist. Unfortunately that means most of their subordinate cultures died with them when Mr. Bones started up his wild ride.

As for sultanates, the Southlands already has durkas, and plenty of them. There's more than enough intrigue to be had in the Arabyan city-states, though you'll have to be willing to fill in the gaps that Warmaster and the RPG never did.

Fun fact - before Fagtasy Flight Games cancelled it for their ripoff board game, 2e's next splat was strongly rumored to be an Araby/Southlands one. So you just barely missed out.
>>
File: 1474679012817.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474679012817.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>54090784
>unlike real Egypt was a military juggernaut, the greatest human civilization ever to exist, and aggressively expansionist
>unlike
>>
>>54090830
>WE
>>
>>54090830
I love Classical Egypt but he's right that they don't hold a candle to Nektheria. It would be like Ramesses II conquering Zimbabwe
>>
File: 1469716712715.jpg (542KB, 920x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1469716712715.jpg
542KB, 920x1371px
>>54090586
And that's fair, there's enough fleshed out in other areas. It's just sad that there was potential for more that wasn't taken. If GW wanted, they probably could've put out a bunch of mini army books like the minidexes of 40k and kept adding new things to the setting.

>>54090784
I should clarify, I was thinking of sultanates that formed along the east coast of real-world Africa, kinda meant to be distinct from the North African sultanates. But you make a good point in terms of fluff reasons for less humans - even though the Tomb Kings city of Numas has a tribe of humans living in it, so who knows, maybe there are still some other human cultures out there? Definitely not enough for some kingdom though.
>>
Jesus lads, this thread moved quick.
>>
File: Ind.jpg (240KB, 1058x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Ind.jpg
240KB, 1058x1497px
>>54090901
We have actually lore to talk and care about.
>>
>>54077428
>First game
Empire
Greenskins
Dorfs
Vampires
>DLC
Bretonnia filled out
Norsca filled out
Chaos Warriors
Beastmen
Wood Elves

>Second game
High Elves
Dark Elves
Lizards
Skaven
>DLC
Tomb Kangz
Likely Southern Realms or Araby filled out
Likely Kislev Filled Out

>Third Game
Chaos Divided

>DLC
C. Dorfs
Ogres
Likely remaining human factions like Cathay
>>
>>54090532
The WFB guys worked on what interested them.

As history major British dudes in the 70's and 80's that's South America, American Indians, Egypt, Vikings, Canada, Mongol and Turkish incursions into the west, and the medieval periods of northern Europe.
>>
What edition is the best to download the army books for? 6th? I have all the 8th, but I want the most pure edition for warhammer without the end times and new Jews workshop taint.
>>
File: 1494098685398.png (466KB, 442x538px) Image search: [Google]
1494098685398.png
466KB, 442x538px
>>54086079

IT'S FUCKING HABBENING.

I've waited for these cunts for so long. Good to see they sorted out the enormous heads also.
>>
>>54090892
Oh, I agree. They're Egypt on steroids. That doesn't mean that in our tamer, less rad world that they aren't comparable. Egypt was a military juggernaut, the second point could be argued as true though it would have to be relative to their time of prominence, and they did expand aggressively (assuming they were unified at the time).

My point is they're Egypt turned up to 11, not "Egypt but they actually did X, Y, and Z."
>>
File: 1468402566417.png (831KB, 608x797px) Image search: [Google]
1468402566417.png
831KB, 608x797px
>>54090964
Anyone ever find it disappointing how fan armybooks for factions usually end up being a copy-paste of real history, rather than trying to make a fantastical version?

I get that half the people on /tg/ are historaboos, but an anon earlier talked about having Ind literally be a chunk of the southern Chaos Wastes that got thrown into more moderate climes, and that sounds like an amazing idea, playing with what a bunch of Chaos worshipers will do when they no longer hear the clarion call of Chaos and how that could turn into not!India. Comparatively, 'real Indian history awkwardly shoved into Warhammer' doesn't cut it.

>>54091017
Cathay's probably never gonna get in - it's just too far away. Maybe they'll toss us a bone and have wandering armies from old lore like Nippon (and could probably just throw in old Shogun models for it), but I doubt it. I wouldn't be too surprised if they filled out Kislev in the Third Game, since it's so important to Chaos as something to properly smash through. They might even include some Albion shit, I don't know. The island is in the game and referenced in events.
>>
>>54091101
>Cathay's probably never gonna get in - it's just too far away
I mean, its not that far away from the Dark Lands/Ogre Kingdoms. And its not like CA hasn't already messed with the geography/distances a bit to make it work in the campaign map. If chaos divided pulls through they could very well add Hobgobla-Khan to add more rivals for ogres and eventually Cathay.
>>
>>54091051

Well Priestley went to the University of Lancaster which is well known for it's medieval and early modern expertise. I think he studied archaeology though so he probably did more stuff on the Romans would be my guess.
>>
>>54090830
Egypt was like an antique era version of Ren to Industrial era Japan.

Isolationistic hierarchal devotees to a central figure who was believed to be divine that let largely independent others do the military for them. Their strength in both cases was taking shit used against them, mastering it, then taking it up to 11.

Unlike Japan which needed to expand due to scarce resources, Egypt had no reason to invade others. Their natural boundries made them better at defending and nearby areas were always much poorer and usually nomads anyway.

When Rome came knocking, it pushed in so fast Egypt couldn't cannibalize their advantages before it was taken over, and once inside it was better to game for advancement within the system than try to reject it.

Egypt flourished post-Cleopatra, with her oldest daughter basically spreading its culture to what would eventually be Morocco.

So Egypt was never really super dominant, just the biggest kid in the sandbox until it was forced to join Rome's gang where it became one of the richest kids on the playground.
>>
>>54091061
6e then, yeah.

7e had some better stuff than 6e, but a lot of it was reverted to 5e and damage controlling Mr. Archaon's Wild Ride. 8e had some great stuff, but huge parts of it were just prep for End Times.
>>
>>54091143
I want to know how Daemons will work.
Will the Warp get its own map, or will they faff about killing Norscans until they push south?
>>
File: 1486049538160.jpg (21KB, 320x401px) Image search: [Google]
1486049538160.jpg
21KB, 320x401px
>>54091154
>Dynastic Egypt? You mean the Ptolemys?
>>
>>54091217
>Will the Warp get its own map
Depends on if the under empire gets its own map for dorfs, greenies, and skaven to fuck around with.
I just want to see an eight peaks campaign like Season of Revelation or Eye For an Eye.
>>
>>54090830
Egypt was only ever mediocre militarily and never controlled an empire anything like Nehekhara's.
>>
>>54090899
Basically, you're stuck fluffing it yourself unless WFRP 4e brings back the much-speculated but never-revealed Southlands splat.

It might be that was nothing but a rumor anyway. After all, they still needed an elf and dwarf splat (one, at the very least, for both races - but elves in particular would have been fucking meaty).
>>
>>54091101
>Anyone ever find it disappointing how fan armybooks for factions usually end up being a copy-paste of real history, rather than trying to make a fantastical version?

Absolutely hate that shit.
>>
>>54091330
It did manage to keep itself united.

Nehekhara was only ever one country under Settra. Otherwise it was thousands, like if every village in the Empire was its own faction.
>>
File: okay.jpg (12KB, 271x234px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
12KB, 271x234px
>>54091154
>yfw Egypt used to be one of the civilized world's shining star of culture, mathematics, architecture, astronomy...

>yfw Egypt today is populated by lazy, violent worshipers of a primitive war god who cannibalize the tombs of a far greater civilization to build things, occasionally destroying priceless relics in fits of religious autistic rage
>>
('54091375');
>>
File: IMG_4421.png (892KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4421.png
892KB, 600x789px
>>54091411
Egypt is pretty mixed as far as religion, has one of the highest Christian populations.

They also value tourism as their main export, so they technically revere the tombs more than they did since the current occupant was still alive.

The autistic rage is Syria. The only reason we still have a Lamassu is because the Brits looted one of the pair.
>>
File: 1481917396400.jpg (545KB, 1482x1643px) Image search: [Google]
1481917396400.jpg
545KB, 1482x1643px
>>54091517
What the fuck is this cute shit, and where can I get more?
>>
File: IMG_4422.png (709KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4422.png
709KB, 600x789px
>>54091600
Gastrophobia.

A webcomic about Greek Doctor Who-like shenanigans.
Filler pages are the Sphinx from the early strips, Puzzle, talking about random things.

http://www.gastrophobia.com/archive.php
>>
File: IMG_4423.png (659KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4423.png
659KB, 600x789px
>>54091700
>>
File: IMG_4424.png (533KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4424.png
533KB, 600x789px
>>54091743
>>
File: IMG_4425.png (536KB, 600x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4425.png
536KB, 600x789px
>>54091757
>>
File: IMG_4427.png (73KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4427.png
73KB, 600x456px
>>54091786
>>
Fresh Bread.

>>54091865
>>54091865
>>54091865
>>
File: geedub.jpg (61KB, 558x434px) Image search: [Google]
geedub.jpg
61KB, 558x434px
>>54082616
Dark Elves got the power fist and other goodies, dorfs only got frost blade or power sword. Besides the fucking WD article states that its an offical addition to the normal magic items list (and theyre all shit you wouldnt use over the 7th ed items anyway).
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.