[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do orcs, goblins, kobolds and other monstrous humanoids have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Shelter_02.jpg (111KB, 1079x774px) Image search: [Google]
Shelter_02.jpg
111KB, 1079x774px
Do orcs, goblins, kobolds and other monstrous humanoids have adventurers who go out on adventures to seek treasure, fame and whatever else monsters want?
>>
>>54076659
Sure, plenty. We often play as some.
>>
>>54076659
Yea when you read about monster races they often even give examples of what type in their culture are likely to become adventurers. Pathfinder tends to do it too giving examples like that. Like for kobold its "Kobolds rarely leave their cozy warrens by their own choice. Most of those who set out on adventures are the last of their tribe, and such individuals often settle down again as soon as they find another kobold community willing to take them in. Kobolds who cannot rein in, or at least conceal, their spiteful and malicious natures have great difficulty surviving in the larger world."
>>
>>54076659
I once ran a mini-campaign where the PCs were various undead, left to guard an ancient relic in some forgotten tomb.
Basically the "plucky heroes" took the thing to combat some mounting evil force and the PCs were awoken too late to stop them. The rest of the campaign was tracking them down so the PCs could return the artifact and go back to sleep.
>>
>>54076659
Yeah, that's what the various orc or goblin raiding bands are. I'm not doing some "reexamine your preconceptions, realize that you're the real monster" thing, I"m just saying that's what those are. An orc and his friends going off on adventure to seek treasure and glory in the process of killing things. It's the same basic concept, just more evil.
>>
>>54077033

I wouldn't even call that reexamine preconceptions since evil parties have always been a thing. Honestly playing an evil dnd game where the players are a group of orcs or goblins just doing normal orc goblin stuff, raiding villagers and fighting low level adventurers would be great especially if you ham it up by having the adventurer groups over the top friendship and justice people.
>>
>>54076659
Yeah, but because they are trobal and their world view and ability to travel far is limited its usually not as big as the other races. A medeival human asdventurer might have the amazing adventure to a far of continent. A tribal orcs is the city a couple of miles away from the "wildland".
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.