[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm running an apocalypse world game set in the 40k universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: swarmlord.jpg (199KB, 1024x948px) Image search: [Google]
swarmlord.jpg
199KB, 1024x948px
My main experience is with D&D so I'm aware I will have to forget everything I've learned.

Makes sense for the players to be humans in some decaying chaos ridden area. The classes can all fit within 40k and the maelstrom=the warp.

I know I can make custom moves but don't want to mess around with it yet.

Just want a decent primer. Obviously read the books.
>>
>>54074006
Apocalypse World works on the basis that reasorces are scarce and communities are important to survival. So you'll need to set it in a place such as the characters have very limited access to important reasources and there are few actual settlements and the ones that do exist are fairly isolated. Other than that I suppose it should run much like any other AW game, just push hard on the moves to keep things moving and it should all go fine.
>>
>>54074101
I'm playing with a bunch of wargamers who've had very little.roleplay experience.

How do.i get everyone, myself included, out of wargame rules mode ?
>>
>>54074006
> chaos
Fuck that shit.
Do a world that is being overrun by the Nids.
Players have to rush around, keeping one step ahead of the swarm.
Society quickly collapses around them- law and order, availability of supplies, even common human decency erode by the day.
Players are rushing to find some way- any way- off planet (space shuttle, warp ritual, long lost web way gate, whatever)
Interesting variety of enemies- from human desperate people, to small gaunts, to lictors, to genestealers and their cultists, to the many big bad monsters.
TL;DR- fuck Chaos, do a Nid invasion
>>
>>54074291
There are few situations where people's objective is just to kill each other. This is baked into the rules, the basic combat moves Go Aggro and Seize by Force are not actually focused on combat, they're focused on the character trying to get some other thing they want using violence. Make sure to emphasise that, when they go into a fight be clear about what they want to get out of it and bear in mind that the person they're fighting probably won't die for whatever they're fighting over, if they succeed then thy get what they want but if they don't go out of their way to follow through and kill the opposition then the conflict doesn't have to take more than one success to resolve itself.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.