[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 19

File: the master.jpg (27KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
the master.jpg
27KB, 500x376px
Previous thread: >>54061940
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Darkness and World of Darkness General:
Each game line has its own set of weird sexual undertones. What are the ones you've encountered in your favorite line?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54072369

This may be a dumb question, I haven't been following very closely but is there a date for fifth edition being released?

Besides 'winter 2018' or has anyone heard anything more concrete?

also is it going to be full of sjw-stuff? they keep using words like 'diversity' when I see new videos talking about anything new come out and as an admitted owodfag, I just want new, old content.

Though I suppose all people that made it what it was have moved on a long time ago and ability to make said new content is long gone.
>>
https://youtu.be/Tm0V24IEHao

Sure is magefag. Techies versus Nephandi?
>>
>>54072369
I'm not really sure about the ones for Geist. I mean I played a male Sin-Eater that had a geist that was a lesbian, but aside from me jokingly ad-libbing for my Geist whispering in my character's ear "Doooooo herrrrrrr" to throw my DM off while talking to female npc, nothing particularly sexual came up.
>>
>>54072369
Why does no one run CtL. It's clearly a good game. Probably one of the best in both WoDs. I would sacrifice my left testicle to play in one.
>>
>>54073164

I would honestly have no clue how to run it.
>>
The Master on Buffy - Nosferatu, or really ancient Gangrel?

My thoughts are, while I believe he does scream textbook Nosferatu, the possibility that he is a Gangrel who has been around a REALLY long time, who has started to heavily take on the characteristics of his bat transformations over that time, as gangrels are wont to do with their animal characteristics.
>>
>>54073358
Motherfucker there's a reason Geist isn't called "Wraith: the Sin Eaters. "

I'm saying that the differences between Ascension and Awakening are such that it should have been called "Wizard: the Awakening" or some other term to drive home the rather massive concept shifting of everything.

And I still maintain that "Ignorance is Bliss" is the real theme of Awakening.

>>54072369
Really? Outside of Vampire and Werewolf I hadn't noticed.
>>
>>54073164
I ran it once with the 'Fear Makers Promise' SAS as a one shot. It was great.
CtL has a way of creating interesting PCs. One character was an blue collar foundry man who carried a rod of iron rebar around because it helped build his legend. The player had no idea they'd face off against a True Fae at the end of the scenario. He managed to chase it off almost single-handedly.
>>
>>54073599

Because Wraith is Cursed
>>
Say I wanted to do Inception style shifting of rooms, gravity shenanigans, impossible infinite loop stairs and whatnot as a mage. The spells in the core I'd most want to get comfortable with would be colocation and alter direction right? I'm not missing anything glaring in the established spells am I?
>>
What should I read to get a grasp of politics? I want to write a story about a neonate wheeling and dealing their way into becoming Prince of Hong Kong. Preferably VtR, but I'm sure Masquerade stuff can't hurt.
>>
>>54073599
Yeah, it's a new, better thing. Wraith was intellectually interesting, but ... just a lot of work to play. Geist makes for no less great storytelling, but it's much easier to set up, get new players for, keep the play flowing... Geist frankly one of the best game lines White Wolf has put out.

Orpheus was also better than Wraith btw.
>>
>>54073164
Living with PTSD is bad. Not Tumblr PTSD, but the kind you get from unplanned vacations in south central Asia.

Seriously though, it is a great game. It's not just PTSD/Childhood Molestation Memories: The Suppression. Great urban fantasy with a hell of a nice dose of horror. Crosses over well with stuff that isn't the big three. (Hunter versions work nicely though).
>>
>>54073917
I honestly would read about real politics contemporary and historical and Vampirize it.

One of my main plotlines for my upcoming game is a weird mix between Pinochet and Operation Valkyrie.

Develop interesting characters. Think about underlying conflicts and let the sandbox go.
>>
>>54073164
No one plays my favorite White Wolf games.

Hunter: the Vigil - god, this game, every fucking time I've played it, it's just been amazing. Dice pools seem to stay reasonable, too, which means the system actually sort of works.

Geist: the Sin Eaters I love ghost stories and occult weirdness.

Changeling: the Lost I also love the hell out of folklore, and this lets me really explore it as a player, and expose my players to it as a storyteller.
>>
>>54072626
To my knowable, no, nothing 5e has a concrete release date, not even the Werewolf game.
>>
>>54072369

>Start new chronic
>4 players
>One is a newbie and plays a gangrel ex soldier, nothing to,spectacular but its alright and goes well with the group
>One is going to play a Ventrue, no worries here
>One has a great concept for a Brujah struggling with himself and his Clan

>4th One wants to play a malkavian
>mfw when
>gently try nudging him towards Another Clan or at least paranoia
>heyyy i have multiple personalities
>A good ground idea for that actually and lets work in a third lol so randdumb personality
>no,thats not going to happen.png
>develop a somewhat ok ground Concept
>Baseline character is a coward and gangster, can be triggered by high pressure situations (i call a roll with a modifier so its random) so a Violent and confident guardian character takes over

Is this going to end up as a Fishmalk?
>>
>>54074288
>To my knowledge
fixed, fucking auto-correct
>>
>>54073500

That seems paradoxical since mastery of protean increases with age, which seems like a parallel with gaining more control or perhaps tapping more into the beast and coming into a balance with it over time which gives them an advantage over almost all other cainites save maybe the tzimisce in terms of understanding the beast?

Nosferatu makes more sense in that all of his childer were pretty things that got more ugly through the blood and his blood enhanced the ugly aspects of their personality.

Angelus is seen as one of most cruel vampires to ever exist through pure artistry in that cruelty.

But really they're neither, the original vampires in season 7 of buffy are closest to nosferatu. Old and strong and ugly.

Angelus and darla are more like ventrue

Spike is more like a brujah, druisilla is obviously a malk etc.
>>
>>54074380

Well just make sure he doesn't randomly start saying fish, don't even hint at the concept, ground his lolsorandum by incentive, feed beneficial information to him and force him to be subtle that way.
>>
>>54074380
Yes.
>>
>>54074507

>Feed beneficial info to him

What do you have in mind exactly ?

My general plan was to make his Personal shifts really shitty. More frenzy rolls, Social mali etc. Basically something you want to avoid. So he will actually try avoiding pressure situations
>>
>>54074659

That would just give him more attention and spotlight. It would make other people hate his character to. By punishing him, you punish the others that just want a good story. You don't just incentivize to play better by being subtle but you force others to compete and look for advantages of their own, what I am suggesting is more complicated than making the lolsorandum a shitty experience.

When I mean incentive, say something crucial to another character's personal journey, maybe they want to recover something or gain a relic or power or whatever their personal goal is. You make the malk be a font for getting closer to that goal, so malk plays at what you want and is like by others, reinforcing that it goes along with what you want instead of whatever waypool-esque shit he is going to throw into your story.
>>
>>54074024

Wraith's main draw for me was the universe the characters inhabited

>>54074380

I usually play Malks in Camarilla games.

If I start doing Fishmalk shit, It usually is because i've either a) agreed to be the decoy or b) I'm trying to get close enough to someone to slit their throat

My most recent has Alien Hand Syndrome, which is actually pretty interesting to play out. Especially when my hand fails a frenzy roll but the rest of me is OK
>>
>>54073887
Collapse might also be one you'd wanna pick up for direct offense, but yeah those spells would be the ones you definitely want. I recommend getting them on Rote for both Mudra bonuses and increased Reach.
>>
>>54074380
Let him do it, make sure its as horrifying a process as possible for the character

Don't let them Fishmalk, instead make them dread "waking up" every time it happens
>>
>>54072369
assuming you had fourteen players
and assuming you got rid of the major historical/lore butchery and It took place in insert city you know well here and not japan
could a fate/stay/night style campaign be pulled of with mage?
Would it be fun?
>>
>>54075432
>assuming you had fourteen players
Are you LARPing?
>>
>>54075460
Who started the fight?
>>
>>54075460
>But I only did what I learned here.
Never take the advice of someone on 4chan.
>>
>>54075452
no but how else you do have each mage have a summon with similar but no the same goals?
have them play two?
have each mage also play the summon of another mage?
>>
>>54075460
So where the fuck did you get a Silver Pencil?
>>
>>54075563
Going from argument which is fine ic drama to pvp is only not super shitty when both parties are cool with it.
>>
>>54075630
How long had this game been going on? What Path were they?
>>
>>54075658

Why anyone would fight a mage without some advantage or resistance to nullify the advantage is just stupid on her part.
>>
>>54075460

General advice - let the other player walk, or crawl, away in a pvp fight.
>>
>>54075793
You need space 3 to do a Ban and weren't starting as a space specialized Mastigos? How many beats were you guys generating per session, dang
>>
>>54075772
that's a lot of XP for 4 sessions....
>>
>>54075811
This. It may not make sense in character where I think any rational character would probably kill the werewolf off in a fit of panic or anger but sometimes you shelve that in the name of smooth player relations
>>
>>54075830
Or even if they wanted to really dig it in that they have dominated the person they could just give them a cut with the knife to give them a scar to remember
>>
What is gonzo?
>>
>>54075811
Literally every time I've ever done this, and I have done this many times because I'm always too nice and overly considerate of other people, it's come back to haunt me because the other player always just takes the opportunity to come back for revenge.

Never take half measures.
>>
>>54075870
A muppet
>>
>>54072369

Since vampire heirarchy is largely unchanged even in modern nights, could a vampire have a vassal in modern nights? I mean you still need domain, usually better working territories are a mixmash of interwoven alliances to keep everything running smoothly.

What say you fellow neonates and turbomageplebs.
>>
>>54075876
Then what made the fight worth escalating to combat? I get a good in character argument being part of the fun but unless everyone is in on it crossing the line into a fight to the death really isn't
>>
>>54075460
>allowing mage nerd power fantasies to play in the same game as other splats

??????
>>
>>54075952
And what did you instigate the argument over, I know they were the violence?
>>
>>54075968
I mean, IC it may have been justifiable, but OOC we're trying to fuckin have fun, not slaughter each other's characters.
>>
>>54075986

That's not always true, I spent a great deal of time trying to kill tremere players.
>>
>>54076065
>>54076041

>THE MAGE DID NOTHING WRONG
>Her character was a bipolar Indian drunk off her ass.

Checks out.
>>
>>54076041

Pocahontas or DESIGNATED indian?
>>
>>54076018
Well shit like opposing factions is different, but most groups aren't made of opposing factions.
>>
>>54076041
Honestly that sounds more like you should be using Ruling to put them to sleep rather than killing them

Let them sleep it off, turn it into a moment of humor out of character
>>
>>54076041
She knew a mind mage but still had bipolar disorder?

Did she not ask or did you just not give a fuck?
>>
>>54076161

It's half the reason why I enjoy playing the antagonist. Unfortunately people are too smart for their own good.

Tremere players then usually switch to some other clan that I don't care about though I got lucky on my last one. He went tremere to giovanni...

Sometimes people get what they deserve when they pick the shitty people bloodlines.
>>
>>54076178
I would say that I assume he didn't have Mind 4 to fix that permanently but then again with the kind of XP he was getting I wouldn't be surprised if he's a double adept
>>
>>54076218
I thought you were talking about Tremere Liches, not Old World
>>
>>54076249

Talking about old world. I usually run a old clan tzimisce, non-koldunic.

So I avoid kapula's influence, twice.
>>
>>54076268
>not being a fun Tzimisce

what are you, anti fun?
>>
>>54076287

>He thinks you can't have fun without vicissitude.

Did you forget how Dracula freed himself?

There are lots of ways to have 'fun'
>>
>>54076268
>old tzimisce, non-koldunic

Just make a slav Ventrue dude
>>
>>54075945 Mage Thread!
>>54075945 Mage Thread!
>>54075945 Mage Thread!
>>54075945 Mage Thread!
>>
>>54076351

Unicorns fleeing so soon?
>>
>>54076351
No
>>
>>54076342

While I respect the ventrue, I can't stand them for what they did to cappadocians.

I'd sooner play a nosferatu slave that gets shit on from high.

I usually start with any tremere I can find but I also try to find any cappadocians that I can help raise, then we go kill all usurpers.

It's my favorite revenge story.
>>
>>54076395
Just hate/kill the old farts if you're playing modern.
>>
>>54076351

>This time, breaking up the general will work for sure!

You either gotta live with it or let the whole general die, we've been down this road before.
>>
>>54076367

I am a sphinx. Get some fucking glasses, normie.
>>
>>54076395
What did the Ventrue do to the cappadocians? I thought they were buffed ducked by the filthy Incesto-Wops.
>>
>>54076423

People that are drawn to tremere and giovanni are a certain kind of person because these know their histories and pick them anyway. I just can't let it go.
>>
>>54076448

The ventrue were bought off by both tremere and giovanni and instead of helping to kill them off, they allowed them to join camarilla, they literally condoned their crimes.
>>
>>54075460
I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU, /TG/!
>>
>>54074455
I agree, but I do remember reading it in some White Wolf description of the Gangrel.
>>
>>54076461
Christ that's autistic
>>
>>54076461
I like Giovanni because I'm really into the "all for the family" theme, being a pretty familiar guy myself. Although Ventrue, Tzimisce or even Nosferatu. I don't find them super interesting besides that, but they're not even that bad for vampiric standards. The only reason they diablerized Cappadocius is because it made no sense for a milennia old clan to be italian mafiosi.

Tremere are cunts, this I'll concede.

I was talking about Ventrue tho.

>>54076448
I suppose he means that they were abandoned. Although all clans are to be blamed to some degree. And Cappadocians are to be blamed for abbandoning Salubri to the Tremere.
>>
>>54076521

I've been killing them for over fifteen years now.

>wheredoyouthinkyouare.png
>>
>>54075951
Of course. An invictus city/domain parcelled out in a feudal manner, or hell, the Carthians too - I mean the end result of anarchy is feudalism anyway, warlords with absolute power, parcelling out rewards to their strongmen, while everyone suffers under their "noblesse oblige".
>>
>>54076483
The Tremere are good people. If they approve of them, they can't be all bad.
>>
>>54076596
>The Tremere are good people.

Anon please
>>
>>54076461
Hurr durr, the people who play clan I don't like are bad people because I am deeply invested in the fiction of a single made up imaginary clan of special vampirey people.
>>
>>54076534

While tzimisce do have long standing feuds because of power, I never really had a problem besides their betrayals, but if I went that far then really it would be a problem that is species wide.

Since all vampires descend from a diablerist to some extent because of the first city.

But if we stick to responsibility of those that were actually alive to be blamed, then I tend to focus on those whose existence was forged through it. Tremere started by stealing tzimisce and gangrel to make their line, then they ate saulot. And to greater extent almost all of the salubri.

Giovanni did similar to Cappadocians.

Similar crimes and people still exist that performed them.

No if I was really being an asshole, I would lure a buffy jr. with decent true faith to lair of my enemies and leave them to truly suffer.
>>
>>54076637

At least I have a lore reason, explain the magefag up above being an asshole for no reason?
>>
>>54076461
What a poofter
>>
>>54075460
I don't think you really did anything wrong, or that Mage is at fault at all, unlike what some of the whiners here would have you believe. It's more on your entire group for doing crossover, and your ST especially for allowing you to play an unfettered Mage. These games aren't geared towards crossover in the slightest. A lot of things clash, not just power levels, yet some retards still want everything to be one big monster mash like this is urban DnD or something.
>>
>>54076617
Saulot asked for it.

I swear!!!!!

(And he was delicious)
>>
>>54076461
>>54076542
>>54076657
You...you've been playing a game of pretend where a character(s) has or have (allegedly) been doing that, dude. How are you actually so invested in a goth game with writing that ranges from abysmal to mediocre at best that you get upset at people for playing a specific kind of character outlined in the rules?

Are you able to separate fiction and reality?
>>
File: days-without-jewish-tricks.jpg (21KB, 439x290px) Image search: [Google]
days-without-jewish-tricks.jpg
21KB, 439x290px
>>54076351
>>54076400
>>
>>54076682
Christ, the autism you radiate is tangible. It's palpable.
>>
>>54076782

I've never done larp, so I am not worst version out there. Though I think my ability to differentiate a character bias which I adhere to with reality that I'm not actually tzimisce, so I think i'll be okay.

I mean it could be worse. I could be a magefag
>>
>>54076351
Did you really think that would work? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>54076682
I did not think it was possible for a vampfag to be more aggravating than a magetard
Bravo, sir
>>
>>54076773
He literally did but Tremeres didn't know. Also they didn't fucking need to wipe out the entire clan, healers didn't even want revenge. They're just a cult of cunts.
>>
>>54076842
https://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang/videos
>>
>>54076842
There are more magefags here, but whenever a vampfag pops up they're always exceptionally terrible and wind up being worse than the magefags. Wouldn't be surprised if this autist was also the one doing all the Mage whining for the past couple of threads.
>>
>>54076895

I can tell you I am not the same anon.
>>
>>54076828
No, you are the same kind of ass, exactly, you just favor a different game. Same behavior, just with a cheap black fedora and black trenchcoat instead of the varied colors of the other varieties of faggotry..
>>
>>54076919

explain.
>>
>>54076853
Cunts are made to be fucked. So I guess Tremeres are dicks. Because dicks are made to fuck cunts.
>>
>>54076919
Honestly at least he recognizes that he's at least a little autistic and he's been mostly civil. It could be worse.
>>
This thread has gone to a whole new type of low
>>
>>54076870

Dude looks like a young Max Hardcore
>>
>>54076895
I know some very good and amiable Vampire players
On the other hand, I've never met a Mage player that wasn't a full-fledged pompous cunt
>>54076870
I'm not sure I want to click this
>>
>>54076928
Magfaggotry is only especially annoying to vampfags like yourself. To everyone else you're all equally autistic and disruptive.
>>
>>54076958

He literally does videos for the last 7 or 8 years where he's talking to you as clan vampire type that he is talking about.

Other people were giving me shit for being an autismo and I was showing how much worse it can be out there.

He's also helping to write books with onyx.
>>
>>54076969

So you're a magefag right?
>>
>>54076958
Nice anecdotal evidence anon. I know plenty of fine Mage players, yet I've never met a vampire player that wasn't an annoying sexually repressed goth freak.

And that link is just a dumb Youtube channel that talks about the games.
>>
>>54076895
Shut the fuck up you autistic cunt. A disruptive twat is a disruptive twat. Stop trying to categorize them based on which RPGs trigger you.
>>
>>54077009
No.
>>
>>54077027

I absolutely am though I'm not the one has problem with magefags, though I think you're taking this a little personally.
>>
>>54077025
But I don't get triggered by Vampire or Mage.
>>
>>54077056
You get out of my thread.
>>
>>54077056

someone forget their pills today?
>>
This thread is overflowing with chromosomes
I hope the next one goes smoother
Good night poofters
>>
Can a supernatural disease (horror, spirit, mage spell, cryptid, etc.) affect the undead (vampire, sin eater, etc.)?
>>
>>54077105
He didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>54077127
Yeah, but why would you? Just let the furries awooo their little ignorant hearts out. They aren't important.
>>
>>54076933
No, tremere are the cult of cunts. For genociding and all that.
>>
>>54077127
My mage has an black hole anus that will absorb all vampfags and woofs
>>
>>54077141
I have to wonder if you people know you sound like autistic turbovirgins or not.
>>
>>54072369

>Start a thread
>it boils down into lots of falseflagging
>>
>>54077240
>reply to sarcastic post with more sarcasm
>it gets taken 100% seriously
>>
>>54075852
>I say he did us all a favor.
>Fuck werewolves. Fuck them all to hell!

Silly Anon, that's not how you spell vampire.

Woofs are fuzzy and potentially useful, admittedly with some small anger control issues, unlike the pox on humanity that is the vampire menace.
>>
Would anyone be interested in a big PDF containing all the character sheets posted in this thread?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd
>>
>>54077701
Yes.
>>
>>54076335
I'm pretty sure Dracula had Vicissitude and Koldunic Sorcery
>>
>>54077157
Centuries later and people are still mad about that
>>
>>54078246
To be fair, these "people" are the type who go to sleep for centuries, and wake up just as furious as if it were yesterday, with the same grudges absolutely fresh in their memory, facing a world of entirely new bullshit. Sometime's it's easier to cling to the old stuff tightly as one works one's way slowly but surely back into they way of modern life.

I mean fucking faces book and tweeter? When I fell asleep the world was aflame over the Bible being translated in languages the average kine could understand and printed en masse, turning the order of things upside down. Now the world is awash in what Jane ate for lunch and how Steve likes a photograph of Rebecca. It's almost comforting to fall back on the seething rage over the impetuousness of these Tremerre sorcerers, kine who stole the honor of immortality, and then Diablerized an honored antediluvian.
>>
Mage: the Awakening question:

If I made a doorway that was basically a permanent wormhole from my office in New York to my office in Prague, and at a later time, while I was somewhere else, say exploring a ruin somewhere and some sleeper snuck into my office, found the door, walked through it, and found themselves in the other city, what sort of paradoxical consequences would there be?
>>
>>54078889
Paradox only happens when the spell is cast. You'll wind up with a confused and possibly mentally damaged sleeper, and a weakened or dispelled portal
>>
>YWN have a hunterheart waifu who fucks like an animal and protects you like a guard dog
Changeling is the best line for waifu/husbando creation, true fact
>>
>>54078889
Initially, the Sleeper would be dumbfounded, and for the remainder of the scene would run around scared shitless that Magic exists.
They would also immediately trigger Dissonance

Then at the end of the scene Quiescence would settle in upon the sleeper's mind, and Dissonance would start to disintegrate your spell.
You roll the Sleeper's Integrity as a dice pool. Any successes in excess of the spell's dots will start to disintegrate it, decreasing spell factors. Primary first.

The Sleeper also suffers a Breaking Point and their memories are either forgotten or erased. They'll probably believe they were kidnapped and drugged or something and let loose in the other city. If you find out they suffered and failed a breaking point, you might also have to test for an Act of Hubris, in that you didn't hide your Magic well enough and someone else has suffered because of it.

Paradox only happens when the spell is cast.
Stuff that happens after that just starts to dissolve the Magic.
>>
>>54076559
>This is the part where your ST says "No.", even when it's mechanically feasible.
ST fiat isn't fun. Its better if your exploit attracts the attention of the Nemesis or some other Exarch, who tells you to cut it out or else.
>>
>>54079041
Have you ever dated a mentally ill person? Its exhausting. It would be even worse if they had magical powers and a supernatural bounty on their head.
>>
>>54079041
You've never had a girlfriend before have you?
>>
>>54079305
I currently am. I think it might be why I like changeling waifus so much
>>
>>54079095
Okay then, so my secretaries and staff are going to have problems if they're sleepers and they need to move between cities via the doorway...
>>
>>54079390
I severely doubt your partner could measure up to a Changeling's sort of baggage.
>>
>>54079400
Well... Knock them out and carry them through.
Or only hire Sleepwalkers.
>>
>>54079403
Probably not but you tend to romanticize a persons flaws when you're smitten, and changelings are kinda geared towards that YOUR SCARS ARE BEAUTIFUL bologna
>>
>>54079400
Or dont use the reach that allows anybody to see the portal you fucking mongo.

By default the portal is invisible and can only be seen with active space magic sight.
>>
>>54079400
oops misread that.

Yeh get sleepwalkers
>>
>>54079432
>changelings are kinda geared towards that YOUR SCARS ARE BEAUTIFUL bologna

I never did understand "beautiful madness."
>>
>>54079432
MY SCARS ARE BEAUTIFUL. SAY IT! SAY IT! OR I WILL CUT MYSELF MORE!!!!!!

I CUT MYSELF TO FEEEEEEEEEEL!
>>
>>54079471
It's less glorificaiton of madness, and more focusing on the fact that you're not some hobo locked in a grungy basement someone screaming at rats.

And likely a mind-raped butler-doll tied to his mistress by satin bonds as she drinks memories from your brain over and over until you're nothing more than a shattered husk of a being, addicted to the ecastasy of losing yourself.
>>
>>54074201

I played Geist: the Sin-Eaters as my first WoD/CofD game ever 4 years ago, back when I had a DM offer it. Resulted in my favorite roleplaying character (pic related) out of all the games I've ever played. I actively look forward to Geist 2nd Edition, would be fun to see if I could port him over with all the changes.

That being said my DM ran primarily cross-splat games, but absolutely refused to do Changeling or let anyone play one. For whatever reason he thought Changelings were basically unkillable gods if they drag you to the hedge/arcadia, hated them with a passion and firmly believed no one should play one.
>>
File: Tito Rogar.jpg (445KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar.jpg
445KB, 1024x1448px
>>54079520
>>54074201
Whoops, forgot the pic related
>>
>>54079533
I fucking love it.
>>
Is there any major downside to being a Geist? Seems like they got a pretty sweet deal compared to other splats.
>>
File: Tito Rogar transparent.png (686KB, 784x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Tito Rogar transparent.png
686KB, 784x1100px
>>54079625
In first edition? Geists themselves aren't mechnically relevant so not really. But second edition is going to be the most changed gameline from 1st to 2nd and it was mentioned that Geists will actually feel more mechanically present/relevant.

Really the only downsides to being a Sin-Eater is that you now see ghosts and they will know that you can see them. So they are very likely to bother you. Your Geist itself isn't exactly sane from it's time in the underworld, so it could have a twisted sense of humor, annoy you, or theoretically blackmail you to do something it wants. Also I guess in 1st edition the only downside is that the more powerful you become (past 5 dots) you becoming required to stay in the underworld to keep your power level or else it will automatically degrade, at 10 dots you literally have to spend half of your entire life sitting around in the underworld, waiting to leave the underworld. Luckily they are removing that and doing something different for 2ed.

>>54079553
Thank you, I've commissioned a couple of pieces of art of the character as well as having drawn him personally.
>>
>>54079625
>>54079698
Yeah but in exchange you get to be a Shinigami-Jojo-Persona Ghostbuster.
>>
>>54073601
That must have been a trip for the true fae.
"Bwahaha, my evil plans can now flo-ohshitowowowowfucking stop it."

And if the cops noticed a blue collar worker chasing a fabulously dressed man down the road swinging an iron rod, well, they probably wouldn't care.
>>
File: 1284789857291.jpg (196KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1284789857291.jpg
196KB, 900x600px
>>54072774
Alternatively, when an Old God of the Shadow manages to wander around in the Flesh.
>>
>>54079553
One mans love it, is another mans "Looks like a poof."
>>
>>54072369
>Weird sexual undertones
Promethean has vitriol theft which is described as 'rape'. And the refinement of Cobalt, which is "do a lot of drugs and go out, fuck strangers of any gender". And they slip in the occasional analogy that sticks out all the more for it not being so common.

Haven't been through Mage2e yet, but WW and Vampire 2e are weird as all getout for it. Every few pages there's a reference to wandering off to sit on a dick and how right it is, or fucking randoms. I mean, really?
>>
File: Tito variants.png (807KB, 3897x2248px) Image search: [Google]
Tito variants.png
807KB, 3897x2248px
>>54079625
>>54079785

Also I guess technically a Spirit Detective. Negotiating with my DM at the time we basically homebrewed a memento that was a broken zippo lighter into basically Kuwabara's Spirit Sword from Yu Yu Hakusho. The broken zippo would be fueled off my dots in psyche (Every 2 dots was basically a +1 item bonus for it). It basically channeled my soul into itself and funneled out of phantasmal stream of fire that was about the length of a sword. Decorated around the zippo to make a more proper sword-like grip for it.
>>
>>54079698
They sound like potentially good changes. I like the changes to MtAw2 and VtR2 a lot, so I'm optimistic. Not sure about WtF2, never played WtF though I really wanted to, alas - my group saw the cheesy faux Native American spirituality pastiche and the whole "first language" thing just balked at it, despite my protests that there's a good game underneath the crap.
>>
>>54079884
It's not specific to any line, but I've noticed that in every one of the 2.0 books, pretty much 75% of the stories and examples involve gay characters. It's gotten so tedious and predictable that I see a character's gender mentioned, and just keep waiting until their partner or someone they are doing something sexual with is mentioned and unless it's something violent or fucked up like incest/rape, it's going to be someone of the same sex. It makes me roll my eyes, and I am a faggot.
>>
>>54079861
And we just found the closet case whose naughty dreams are filled with bears and big tough hairy daddies.
>>
>>54079997
Yuh. Is pathetic. It doesn't even fit the tone of the books. The shoehorning is.. bizarre.
>>
File: Tito & Robin.jpg (167KB, 800x1018px) Image search: [Google]
Tito & Robin.jpg
167KB, 800x1018px
>>54079949
Yeah there's been a lot of good news from the small tidbits of spoilers of the upcoming Geist book. The Dev on it acknowledges all the complaints and gripes people had with the first edition. Getting stuff like brand new antagonists, reworking the power set to be a tighter set of more refined and thematic powers. Putting in incentive to do things and adding more direction. Delving into Underworld and Sin-Eater culture society. And best of all planning to actually give the damn gameline supplement books and teasing what would be in them.
>>
>>54080039
only for them to be in "development" for 3 years or never actually get printed...
>>
>>54080083
I was just going to say the same thing, god I hope not though, I love Geist with all my heart, and everything he mentioned sounds fucking amazing. Delving into the underworld.... Mayve even a supplement to hope for (for 3+ years never to be released, but still...) Fuck yeah.
>>
>>54079809
Task Force Valkyrie vs Spirits, Jungle and Heroin edition.
>>
>>54080083

Well I'd take 3 more years of waiting over nothing, but I don't think it would have the same issue as the Vampire supplements. Can't think of what they would drag Travis away from Geist with aside from him also helping with Mage books like he did with Mage 2e.

>>54080132
There's some neat shit mentioned for supplement book ideas. Such as the Sin-Eaters that have Cthonians instead of Geists attached to them and Sin-Eaters that have more than one Geist attached to them. Since abmortals aren't in the upcoming Geist corebook it was mentioned they would maybe be revisited in a supplement book as well as a new antagonist idea that was mentioned on the forums of Urban Legend ghosts (Beetlejuice and Blood Mary-esque) that are summoned via their name or ritual.

Not 100% sure but I think either Travis or DaveB mentioned something about the possible idea of an Underworld book in the same vein as the upcoming Hedge book.
>>
>>54079533
>>54079520
Woo Geist! Favorite of all the lines for me honestly.

>>54080083
That hurts...

>>54080218
I like the sound of all of that.
>>
File: kill the batmage.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
kill the batmage.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>Play a mage in a mixed game
>Don't have pointless conflicts with other players or manage to render mysteries or stories moot even with using practice of Unveiling on everything I run into basically
>combine with the group's vampire to make an effective occult detective team

Am I just doing Mage wrong? Apparently I should be brutally dominating everyone and causing drama by existing.
>>
>>54080241
We're also getting more goodies in the form of fully playable ghosts done by DaveB coming in the Geist book and also possibly another Minor template/demi-splat. Mementos and deathmasks have now been split up into different categories. Krewes are also apparently entirely reworked. Ceremonies are now more like Rites from Werewolf in terms of how they work. The Underworld is said to have more of a carrot stick reward system for exploring and discovering things instead of forcing people to do it "just because they should".
>>
>>54080261

>Swole Jawa Supremacy

>Mages not rendering mysteries or stories moot in crossover game even with using practice of Unveiling [or Knowing or Mage Sight]

How is that possible absent the player or ST intentionally not letting the mage employ the full extent of their abilities?
>>
>>54080261
Of course you are. How dare you manage to appropriately and enjoyably combine Mage with another gameline, while refraining from wiping your dick all over their faces.
>>
>>54080332
Because you can learn about what makes a mystery but not learn social context about it when there is personal involvement? Generally figuring out why something is spooky or weird is only half the arc.

I mean if it wasn't, it would make shit in Mage games moot too.
>>
>>54080325

Didn't Dave or Travis also mention we'll learn more about the whole Ocean of Fragments draining out in the underworld mystery that was started Dark Eras The Sundered World?
>>
>>54080332
Anon, if Unveiling isn't enough to moot Mage games.
Why should it be enough in other splats?
>>
>>54080261
yes

night only occult detective team?

Man up and fucking get rid of the vampire, or do you agree with the fact he's a life sucking monster/beast 1 missed meal away from killing babies? Its easy tell him you have a magical ring that allows him to walk in daylight and watch him burn trying to use it.
>>
>>54080347
>wiping your dick all over their face

I believe mages don't get that as an attainment until Gnosis 2.

>Hubris
>>
>>54080359
>if Unveiling isn't enough to moot Mage games.
>Why should it be enough in other splats?

Because Mage Mysteries and antagonists tend to be far more "mysterious" and deadly on a level commensurate with mages' higher power levels.

The Mage setting normally assumes a higher "tier" of play than lines like Werewolf or Vampire.
>>
>>54080384
all starting mages should start with gnosis 3 ignore the idiots who buy other merits.
>>
Is there a good art collection other than Pandora's?
I have used it several times before, but I need something more this time.
>>
>>54080039
I think the most interesting tidbit about Geist:2e is that they don't have souls.
>>
>>54080407
Deadliness doesn't factor into Unveiling Anon.
In fact, Mage powers are usually more cut and dry, it might actually be a bit harder to analyse some Vampire powers.
Especially given their non-Supernal nature they get a boost to their Opacity.

Also various Mage abilities such as Counterspelling cease to function, meaning you have to be more reactive.
>>
>>54080358
>Ocean of Fragments draining out in the underworld mystery

Huh?
>>
>>54080439
>they don't have souls
Whoa wait what? Explain this to me please, because as far as I know the Soulless condition is a huge deal and Sin-Eaters don't show any of the symptoms.
>>
>>54080475
As long as you have something to plug the hole, like a Horror or Geist, I assume you're fine.
>>
>>54080447

First, I mentioned deadlier AND more "mysterious."

Second, Opacity is connected with Focused Mage Sight. This ability is in addition to Practices like Knowing and Unveiling. A mage can certainly use all his abilities to discern a mystery, he doesn't have to limit himself.

Third, what do you mean that "mage powers are more cut and dry?" The Arcana are totally open-ended, controlling whole swaths of reality under their purview. Similarly, what do you mean that "Counterspelling ceases to function?" With Prime, mages can often nullify and effect other supernatural powers besides supernal phenomena.
>>
>>54080358
I believe so, I'm not sure if it was said to be in the Geist 2e core, a random supplement or the possible Underworld book.

>>54080439
Yes, the theme of "even people without souls are still people"

But it's also going in line with the previous rules that a ghost and a soul aren't the same thing and you don't necessarily have to die to make a ghost.

Also the dark implication of what the bargain is since you died. That very likely you are just your ghost and the bargain is basically the geist acting as glue in place of where your soul would be. Or whatever is left of you is kept going by a geist trying to be your soul and your ghost is out there somewhere and it's possible you may run across it and it won't like the situation. Not sure which of the two is the one that was hinted at. (Probably most likely the first one)
>>
>>54080439
>>54080475

The only beings in the CofD that appear to have "pure" untainted human souls are mages and sleepwalkers. Other supernaturals either have something else entirely or a damaged and deformed soul. Sleepers' souls are tainted by the Abyss which is why they suffer from the Quiescence.
>>
>>54080537
>"even people without souls are still people"

>Free Council Propaganda
>>
>>54080557
>>54080487
Okay.. but to my memory not having a soul causes steady morality drain and psychosis, not to mention is the sort of thing that is very hard to recover from. This would tweak the metaphysics pretty oddly for Sin-Eaters... but then like >>54080537 mentions it has odd implications about Sin-Eater ghosts and so on. The more I hear the more curious I am, and the more resigned I am about the diminishing ability to port old characters to the new edition.
>>
File: arisen funk.jpg (447KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
arisen funk.jpg
447KB, 750x500px
>>54080537
>a souped up ghost piloting your own corpse

That's how I think of mummies actually
>>
>>54080475
>>54080487

Yep something like that. It was teased that Sin-Eaters in 2e don't have souls. The joint-union of presumably a Geist striking a bargain with your Ghost the moment it left your body on death fills the whole where your soul would be. (As stated in earlier books, in CofD your ghost is not your soul, but rather more of an echo of you and your memories leading up to that point in life)

>>54080459
In the Dark Eras book, back in the day the original Sin-Eaters/Bound didn't have Geists, but rather were attached to Cthonians. Back then the entire Underworld was the Ocean of Fragments and full of things (presumably Cthonians) swimming around in it. Over the years the Ocean level has drastically drained, leading to the Underworld known today and nobody knows why.

Also mentioned are that Cthonians are the natural inhabitants of the Underworld. Ghosts are immigrants essentially.

Oh right Deathlords are also no longer a thing and instead in their place now are Cthonic Gods in the Underworld.
>>
>>54080577
>"even people without souls are still people"
>Free Council Propaganda

Indeed. What's next, vampires and other undead are people?
>>
>>54080619
>Dark Eras book
Which section if you could? I'd love to read through this.
>>
>>54080619
>Cthonians are the natural inhabitants of the Underworld. Ghosts are immigrants essentially.

Build a Wall!

Make the Underworld Great Again!
>>
>>54080598
I think 1e Geist/Sin-Eater characters should mostly still be portable into the new edition. Travis mentioned that they don't have the same condition that a normal soulless entity would have, but didn't quite reveal what they have going on. I feel like it probably have something to do with the new integrity system and geist mechanics coming to the new edition.
>>
>>54080665

I believe it's in a sidebar in the Sundered World mage/werewolf crossover chapter.
>>
>>54080661
No, it means that if you need the invisible artifact carried by a blind awakening man out of the Aether in order to create an Ochemata made entirely out of sentient light...

Then even after you've made the Ochemata, and lose the ability to use that item as quintessence ever again, you've still got the item.
>>
>>54080665
A sidebar in the Sundered World section. I believe DaveB said in one of these threads when the book came out that he'd like to revisit the topic should a (unannounced at the time) Geist 2e book happen.

Funny enough Geist has managed to slip in quite a bit of content into Dark Eras. Since Dark Eras 2 Kickstarter in happening next week, I'm really hoping they bring back the Wild Wild West and Golden Age of Piracy Geist Dark Eras that didn't make it in the first book. Not only do those sound like gloriously fun settings (I mean who wouldn't want to imagine Bandito Bound and Pirate Crew Krewes), but I feel like both probably have big relevance in the lore of how the Underworld became what it is today and why the Ocean of Fragments got drained. (There's a leviathan in the Ocean of Fragments that I think was hinted to be a legendary beast, and I wouldn't doubt they would turn the Pirate Geist era into a crossover with Beast to indulge on Kracken stuff)
>>
File: Dark Eras Underworld.jpg (179KB, 391x625px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eras Underworld.jpg
179KB, 391x625px
>>54080665
>>54080685
>>54080811

Dark Eras, Sundered World, p. 52.
>>
>>54080811
Looking through it now to see, and I like the thought of everything you've mentioned.
Getting high hopes.
>>
>The supernatural cosmos defies definitive mapping. Mages often draw diagrams arranging the Supernal, Fallen, and other realms based on their supposed mystical connections, but these fall apart when others posit (and even experimentally verify) different relationships. When sorcerers try to integrate the perspectives of other supernatural beings, these maps degrade into convoluted, contradictory messes.

what did they mean by this
>>
>>54080854
>what did they mean by this

There will never be a reliable map of supernatural dimensions in the CofD, and for no other reason than WW might want to add something later on.
>>
>>54080843
Well holy crap. Though this fits in surprisingly well with the narrative of my Geist game that Death and ghosts etc in the fallen world slide 'down' to the underworld and piles ontop of of it like silt, gradually pushing the older underworld parts deeper and building new ones on top.
>>
>>54080888
Fuck you and your reasonable nature and your trips, you're not my Supernal supervisor!
>>
>>54080667
>>54080843
>Build a Wall!
>Make the Underworld Great Again!

>Drain the Swamp!
>>
>>54080905

#GeistUnlivesMatter

#NotAllGhosts
>>
>>54080537
>Yes, the theme of "even people without souls are still people"

Try selling that to the awakened. Could you imagine how frustrated a Promethean would be when he sees a sin-eater getting along fine without a true soul?
>>
>>54080890
Definitely works with the notion that there is no real flat ground in the underworld.
>>54080850
Also mentioned is that thresholds (and maybe archetypes) will be represented different in the new edition. The classic designs for the thresholds were too good to get rid of. Now geists are ghosts that have drinken from one of the rivers of the underworld and became changed, also gaining the bargain manifestation. There are now well more than five rivers in the underworld, I'm not sure what it and threshold change mean for the horsemen. Sin-Eater powers are now called Haunts instead of Manifestations, likewise their havens are now Cenotes instead of Haunts. Sin-Eaters will also retain being high ammo/mana storing, rapid spending "plasm slingers" to keep differences from other splats.
>>
>>54080980
Funny enough I think they are most likely to run into mages and prometheans of all splats. Moros curiosity and Prometheans need to drink from a river of death for their pilgrimage.
>>
>>54080975
6+ beings dont cast imperial spells, fuck nut.

A prepared archmage pwns anything, get over it.
>>
>>54080667
All hail Lord Hades!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgiK07Py9M
>>
>>54081231
>pwns
Holy shit Anon are we in 2004?
>>
>>54081322
your point? Luna cant do shit to the AM who has grafted similar shit to himself and outranks her too...

The whole argument came down to the fact a Am can give himself influences and use them without also needing Quintessence.

Luna is beaten, give up already.
>>
>>54081414
>My Archmage OC with 10 dots in every Arcana wins by default guys.
>>
>>54081414
>The whole argument came down to the fact a Am can give himself influences and use them without also needing Quintessence.
>Luna is beaten, give up already.

The Pax was designed as a setting elements precisely to avoid these types of useless white room arguments.

Once being operate at the archmaster/god level, everything is a matter of mutually assured destruction (or wiping from reality and having never existed).
>>
File: shadow lords.jpg (75KB, 336x473px) Image search: [Google]
shadow lords.jpg
75KB, 336x473px
>>54081396
>Hadestown.

Mah Nigga.

Alright, /wodg/? What is the best best werewolf tribe and why is it the Shadow Lords?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEOximWoFd0
>>
>>54081463
>The Pax prohibits the use of Imperial spells to
directly attack the interests of any other being covered by it

didnt shit on luna with imperial spells boss, i used influence: shitonluna
>>
>>54080261
I absolutely hate that artist.
>>
>>54081590
>I absolutely hate that artist.

Can mages really kill the Batman?
>>
File: Queen of blood.jpg (233KB, 1168x606px) Image search: [Google]
Queen of blood.jpg
233KB, 1168x606px
>>54081573
...That is not the picture that I posted... here's a more suitable one.
>>
>>54081592
Look closer, esp the bits about the punishments for breaching the pax (which means people do break it if there is punishments for it)

One could easily fucking tear Luna a new one and be then forced to create/put another Lunar spirit in its place, we lesser beings would never notice the difference and yet Luna still gets bumfucked.

Just because the pax exists, doesnt mean some archmage cant rape Luna. just let it happen anon you will feel better once you accept mage supremacy
>>
>>54081643

Not if he gets prep time first.
>>
>>54081718
thats never been part of the argument. Ofc their will be repercussions i dont think anybody has ever said otherwise.
>>
>>54081750
the tetriachs ignore the pax every day by openly ruling the seers in the fallen world.

Unless some other archmage gives a shit about Luna specifically then they wont give a shit if its replaced or whatever.

If one Archmage is willing to break the pax bumming Luna and then other archmages are then going to break the pax by gang raping another archmage then the ones gang raping will need to get gang raped by another group and on and all.

Pax is just an excuse for Archmages to gang rape each other.
>>
>>54081750
>Mages ARE Batman(men)

Mages are gender non-binary Batpersons.

Have you forgotten this is WW?
>>
>>54081750
archmage vs archmage who will win?
>>
>>54081718
>An Archmage could obliterate Luna, but he/she is going to suffer a hefty (lethal) Pax fee.

There are other archmages with Imperial Arcana in Time and Fate. They can reverse the damage done by the offender and remove him from reality itself as if he never existed.
>>
>>54081817
bat-trans more like in WW
>>
>>54081817
>Have you forgotten this is WW?
Yes, stop discriminating against neuro-atypicals you abelist shitlord.
>>
>>54081840
thats a breach of the pax if they do that. cant have it both ways
>>
>>54081809
>the tetriachs ignore the pax every day by openly ruling the seers in the fallen world.

That's not really how the Pax works. It protects against the use of Imperial spells or equivalent powers against other god-tier beings and their direct interests. When Seer armchames get uppity, they are subject to the same punishments as anyone else.
>>
>>54081859
>thats a breach of the pax if they do that. cant have it both ways

Other archmages can certainly employ such abilities to remedy a violation of the Pax. That's the whole point.
>>
File: Seer Art.jpg (129KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
Seer Art.jpg
129KB, 690x461px
What is the best Mage Order and why is it the Seers?
>>
>>54076895
Nah that was me and i was asleep while this thread was as shitty as the previous threads :->

Mage general didn't work out ?

>>54081809
>>54081828
>>54081840
Like a clockwork.

Anyways to not only shitpost:
I want to have intelligent Undeads in my oWoD vamp chronic. Like Risen but without their special skills. Just intelligent spirits inhabiting (a slowly decaying) Body. Any ideas what Kind of abilities they should have? How do they prevent their bodies from rotting etc.
>>
>>54081933

I imagine that the offended archmage and his entente are simply permitted to enact retribution to remedy the damage done to their interests.

If the offending archmage is too powerful self-interest motivates larger numbers or archmage or similar beings from punishing the transgressor.
>>
>>54081967
he is only going to get punished cos 1 anon loves Luna the rest of us dont give a shit.
>>
>>54081934
>What is the best Mage Order and why is it the Seers?

That Seer party sucks. I don't see a single vampire stripper.
>>
>>54081994
What do you think the 'couch' was 5 minutes before the picture was taken?
>>
>>54081983
>he is only going to get punished cos 1 anon loves Luna the rest of us dont give a shit.

One doesn't need to be a fan of Luna to realize her asskicking would have tremendous cosmological repercussions, likely affecting the projects and omens of any number of archmages or god-like beings such as Helios.
>>
>>54082020
Helios will get bummed right after Luna!
>>
>>54079471
You never read/watched alice in wonderland?
>>
>>54082013
>What do you think the 'couch' was 5 minutes before the picture was taken?

How the heck are you going to snort magic cocaine off the vampire stripper's ass if you've turned her into furniture?

>stupid apprentices
>>
>>54079533
>>54079698
>>54079941
>>54080039

So is Geist the JoJo RPG I've always overlooked?
>>
>>54082113
>>54082113
Forces, Matter and Prime together. Make the sun into one giant hallow. Or transfigure sunlight into something loaded with mana, anyway.
>>
>>54082245
interchanging ascension and awakening.

GG but i noticed.
>>
>>54082113
Could potentially use Mind to create a group-mind for every last being on earth, even the ones that don't normally count as 'human'. Animals. Everything on the planet, and elsewhere. Probably be the end of the world, even if the duration is only transitory.

Maybe something to do with turning humanity into willpower driven tzimcise at life 10, I guess.
>>
>>54082098
Yeah basically.
>>
>>54082491
Ah, well, tack on space. The sudden input of that many minds, a chunk entirely alien, would probably shatter most of mankind.
>>
>>54082500
Theoretically the rest of the Archmages and higher-order beings would get together to fix your dumb mistake retroactively with time reversal or something.
>>
>>54082533
They don't need to go home, for one. Presumably standard side benefits, like infinite mana, easier access to quintessence. Probably some sort of political game that involves going up to the third rung of the magical ladder in the 'realm above' that comes out sometimes.
>>
>>54082098
no, this is

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit
>>
>>54082533
Ascended are to Archmages as Archmages are to mages.

Actually, the difference is probably greater than that. The exarchs are ascended and they defeated gods.
>>
>>54082113
A more interesting question would be what could an archmage do with multiple arcana at that level.
>>
>>54080619
You think Cthonians will be the major splat antagonists in 2e? Cause picking a fight with Yama and Hades is everything I want as a ghost-person.
>>
>>54078889
Don't you need Space Mage Sight to perceive and interact with Space magic, including portals? I'm fairly sure you do. So I guess nothing would happen. The Sleeper would walk in and see nothing.
>>
>>54083047
You can use a reach to make it visible to anybody. One assumes he is doing that. He shouldnt around sleepers but whatever.
>>
>>54080381
Quit LARPing, please, it's cancer.
>>
>>54080408
So basically all your Mage characters are friendless, penniless shut-ins who live in their mom's basement?
>>
>>54081573
Get of Fenris. Dominate.
>>
>>54081592
Agreed. Something of that scale would be cockblocked before it even happened. The supernal superpowers like to keep their cold war cold.
>>
>>54081592
You know, I don't think he would ever have the chance to see his scheme come to fruition. The only question that I have is, with all the rest of the archmage/god-level powers knowing he is behaving in such an out of control manner, how should he be erased?
>>
There's a Mage thread over here:
>>54075945
>>54075945
>>54075945

Anyone want to go over there and discuss shit that's not fucking Mage related?
>>
You mean we can talk about stuff like Geist without the shitlords repeating the Luna vs their Archmage circlejerk again? I'm in!
>>
>>54083616
By all means, please go.
>>
>>54073917
Check out Machiavelli's "The Prince". It was a manual written for a ruler of a city state in an age where humans acted like Cainites (poisoning, stabbing, plotting etc.) and at the time caused considerable stir for it's emphasis on pragmatism over christian virtue.

It's pretty much the go to guide on vampiric politics.

>“Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

>“If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.”

>“The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

>“it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”

>“Never attempt to win by force what can be won by deception.”

>“Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.”
>>
>>54073754
The Dead never wanted that book published. They'll find a way to fuck with Wraith 20 (if they haven't already)
>>
>>54075927
>A smart Mage discourages other players from ever even offering the chance to play again.

>Permanently.

Yes, sure, cut off that nose, your face had it coming, etc.
>>
>>54076637
What's the difference between your statement and someone raging against WW / OPP writing for personal politics sake alone? Where are you when cries of "lefitst pinko SJW cuck" start echoing like a cluster of malfunctioning Furbys?
>>
>>54076821
>>54076842
>>54076895

Listen you false-flagging samefag cunt, and listen good. He asked an important question, and the mere fact you dodged it and went on the attack proves that he is 100% correct. I don't think you play these games, I don't think you own a single dice. I think you're a fat pretentious faggot who thinks they're funny, rather like Kathy Griffin with even less male genitalia. You have yet to prove me wrong.
>>
>>54076919
Why do you think you're better than someone over a hat and coat? That's beyond shallow and stupid. At least racists can cling to psuedoscience; all you have is "stop liking what I don't like: wardrobe makeover edition".
>>
>>54076933
>Doesn't know what strap-ons are for

Pleb.
>>
>>54080747
It's literally as petty as Luna being the most powerful statted entity in the books, and Mage Players with their rock hard tiny erections for fantasizing about proving they're the biggest and the baddest by taking her down, no matter how nonsensical it might be.

That's it.
>>
>>54084905
Ah that explains it.

Which Antedeluvian would win if the Antes rise up and start building their Empire. My money is on Lasombra tbqh.
>>
File: filename.jpg (20KB, 413x139px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
20KB, 413x139px
>>54084590
Grow up, loser. Try not to let mean strangers on the internet get under your skin so badly.
>>
>>54085513
Isn't Tzimi basically the size of New York?
>>
>>54082061
>How the heck are you going to snort magic cocaine off the vampire stripper's ass if you've turned her into furniture?

If that's not a reason to study the Time Arcanum, I don't know what is.
>>
Why don’t we speak about CtL? Experiences, ideas, whatnot.

I once wanted to run a CtL chronicle. I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, so I run online.

Started recruiting. Got a group of 4 people. We discussed concepts, the setting, the general premise. Day of game – 0 of 4 are present.

Decided to run for my other group for whom I ran games for a couple of years now. Discuss concepts, the setting, the general premise. 3 days before the game one of them informs me that they just aren’t feeling it. The rest follow suit.

This fuckery made me sad.

Also, a question: Does anyone know any well written fan made freeholds I can rip apart for inspirations, or steal entirely. I googled around, and stumbled upon a Detrid based setting that looked pretty cool, but nothing else.
>>
>>54086493
The Fae are stealing your players.
>>
>>54082964

Probably cthonian-driven sin-eaters who should be inimical at best and specter-like at worst
>>
>>54083719

Crossposting from fake "mage thread" some jokester started because someone brought up my favorite Hunter conspiracy.

First off, they're kinda like "Millenium" which tickles the ol' nostalgia-boner.

Second, I love the idea of a hunter conspiracy that hunts other hunters.

"So our perp started praying really loud and hit the victim so hard he turned into dust?"

"Yeah, we're dealing with some hyperreligious slasher."

Cue VaSCU finding out that the Vatican supports a conspiracy of torture-murder facilities used against US Citizens. (Malleus Malificarum).

That's probably why VaSCU gets a lot of hate.
Hunters are basically super-powered serial killers, and VaSCU reminds them of this fact.
>>
>>54087346

Actually, in my experience, VASCU is one of the Hunter Conspiracies that people actually don't mind (even Mage fans). They're not particularly offensive, the members are generally diligent and hard working people of character, and they actually hunt real destructive monsters.
>>
>>54082964
>>54086962

Possibly. I believe Hades and Yama would probably have been along the lines of Deathlords back in 1e, but not sure if they would be Cthonic Gods in 2e, since they said the new term was intention to "connote lowly, twisted, earthy, dirty, foul things that cling to others". Cthonic gods might be more alien than something of ghostly rumor.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Cthonian Bound are an antagonist type. There's been hints of there being enemy bound that don't have Geists bargained to them, but instead something else.

I think a Tokyo setting was mentioned for the book but not sure if that's still the case after the Hill departure. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Shinigami themed Sin-Eaters in it. I think Aokigahara would be an interesting setting/topic for Japan with likely the amount of ghosts in it and the haunted folklore.
>>
>>54087598
Forget Japan, if you want to go for a crazy Asian setting for Geist Korea would be top tier. Between the folklore and the history of the country you could have an amazing campaign there.
>>
>>54087533

Magefags prefer Ashwood Abbey. The Seers even let Abbey members hang at their parties.
>>54081934 See how nice they are?

That said, If I had to come up with an Origin for VaSCU, given that all conspiracies and most compacts are the product of some supernatural shenanigans, I'd probably put VaSCU at the Free Council or Silver Ladder's doorstep as part of an attempt to create a proximus lineage that eventually took on a life of it's own. That Hall of Mirrors ability really just screams "Wizard Shit" at me.

>>54087788

This does make me wonder about the supernatural in the DPRK, though...
>>
>>54087788
I can only imagine Korean ghosts trying to haunt or get Sin-Eaters to get revenge on Kim Jong-Un.

I feel like Vietnam would be hell with all the ghosts from the war.
>>
>>54087979
>This does make me wonder about the supernatural in the DPRK, though...

It actually would be really interesting to see how all the newly turned members of various splats react, and when they meet elder vampires or grizzled old werewolves who predate the state
>>
>>54088131
Honestly most of Asia would probably suck to be a Geist there. I don't think there's many places where "Horrible bloody warfare" or "Low key genocide" haven't taken place.
>>
>>54088250
That's one of the chapters in Dark Eras as it so happens.
>>
The Cheiron Group in Dark Eras Salem is weird. It's suggested they're around and operate similarly but how does their endowment work?
>>
Fetchkin/Centimani villain combo, with the fetchkin using his powers to provide escapes for his partner, who intentionally generates disquiet to tear apart communities. Workable?
>>
>>54087788
>>54088131
>>54088250
>>54088193
I think an interesting setting would be a country like India or Indonesia.

Somewhere where Abrahamic religion is clashing with Dharmic religion and how very different views of the afterlife affects the underworld.
>>
>>54088578
You know I've never seen a campaign of anything set in India that didn't go full Asura's Wrath / Exalted level. Dealing with the lower tiers of the mythology could be interesting.
>>
>>54088781
and unless your a born and bred turban head you wont do it justice and it wont be that intresting but no you write about it for OPP and they will probably print it anyways.
>>
>>54088781

I can't set anything in India because I cannot understand a goddamn thing those people try to say.

>>54089034

World of Darkness tends to take liberties with most places and myths though.
>>
>>54089100
no shit sherlock

go read the gypsy book
>>
>>54089108
There is really a gypsy book.
>>
>>54089100
>I can't set anything in India because I cannot understand a goddamn thing those people try to say.

To be fair neither can most Indians/Indonesians. There are so many languages and so many political hangups with language that it's easier to use a 'neutral' third party language like english colonial legacy be damned. Has a nice side benefit of being a major lingua franca.
>>
Things mage can do...
Turn centre of the sun into habitable zone. Look how vamps woofs and men occasionaly poping up from nowhere form society.
>>
>>54088781
>that didn't go full Asura's Wrath
That's a bad thing?
>>
>>54089458
Not at all. But it could be interesting to run a 'street level' India campaign instead of always going cosmic level.
>>
So I've been reading OPP's reaction to V V and holy god is it a trainwreck. Fucking swedes are garbage. Goddamn, /pol/ really is right.

>>54089280

Is that what that is? Worst accent outside of Lousiana, then.
>>
>>54088781
Finally, an area to use the Immortals book.
>>
File: Calix.jpg (36KB, 288x384px) Image search: [Google]
Calix.jpg
36KB, 288x384px
>>54084489
And, apparently, a work of satire. Which makes it being the manual for Vampire POlitics even funnier.
>>
>>54084905
Uh, where are Luna's stats?
>>
>>54090971
>where are Luna's stats?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon

Also, there's some discussion on her and other god-tier being in Imperial Mysteries
>>
>>54091374
She's listed as rank 8 in IM, but that isn't statted properly - Helios and Gaia are statted in that way.
>>
>>54078686
Friendly reminder the other clans did nothing to stop the tremere
>>
>>54092127
Why should they? They're the short-bus of the kindred/awakened.
>>
>>54079941
That's actually pretty cool anon.
>>
File: 1441416101501.jpg (280KB, 828x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1441416101501.jpg
280KB, 828x1100px
What would happen if a mage, through hubris, fucked up and got captured by one of the true fae?
>>
>>54092532
Supernatural bad touching until the mage learned enough about fate to leave.
>>
>>54092191

Thanks! Would be neat if 2e allows for wider memento options now that they cut all the subcategories and meshed them into one broader memento category. Except for deathmasks which are now their own thing.
>>
>>54092532
soul gets torn a new one, looses the ability to cast spells, forever raped
>>
>>54092532
Dancers in Dusk answers this one. A mages Supernal magic prevents them from swearing the pacts neccesary to survive in Arcadia, so they're forced to cannibalize their own souls to avoid death. Between their self inflicted spiritual mutilation and the whims of the fae, the mages are left as magicless, utterly mad humanoids. The Fae leave them to wander around the Hedgeside gates to Arcadia.
>>
>>54092944
Must be some pretty serious whims, because even with the lack of a soul, a Mage can still cast spells for a good while until they totally degenerate.
>>
>>54093128
A True Fae's changeling making powers are comparable to the Practice of Entities, so yeah. The whims are serious.
>>
>>54092944
So male sure you pick up a couple dots in fate if there's even a chance you'll be near the hedge?
>>
>>54084565
That you even ask speaks volumes.
>>
>>54081809
Well, all the non-Mages would be pissed and some of them probably do have Mage allies. Even without Archmage back up they could make things very, very difficult for an Archmage enemy.
>>
File: highimpactsexualviolence v2.jpg (92KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
highimpactsexualviolence v2.jpg
92KB, 400x489px
>>54081809
>Pax is just an excuse for Archmages to gang rape each other.

l-lewd
>>
>>54087979
VaSCU's origin seems self explanatory. Fucked up weird shit keeps happening, and essentially the supernaturals cronies coverup attempts sometimes, rarely miss incidents. These incidents eventually add up enough that the a small number of normies in the know get wind of it, and the normies in the know in this case being FBI agents, approach it like FBI agents... and VaSCU is born.
>>
>>54087979
The stories about the prowress of the glorious Kim line at golf and in other things are entirely true. In fact all of the propaganda we laugh at on the outside is true. They are a bloodline of mages or mage-like beings with reality warping powers. Only for some reason, perhaps only their own myopic vision, or perhaps through the work of other mages, their reality warping is confined entirely to the DPRK, which has become, for all intents and purposes, it's own pocket reality, where the brave people's army wages a constant, heroic, war against the American capitalist rapist dogs, with their glorious leader at the forefront. When he isn't rocking the golf course with hole in one after hole in one. Sleepers travelling there find the DPRK one sees on the mass media, but Mages, and sufficiently powerful supernaturals see through the lie, to the twisted paradise of the propaganda beneath.

But of course, there's always more to the story, there must be an underground too, a night life...
>>
>>54087346
God, Millenium, the first season was fucking amazing TV. Lance Henriksen as a growling, cynical, broken, psychic profiler battling serial killers and demons... Fucking amazing shit.
>>
>>54093708
That's not bad advice. It's not difficult for mages to avoid capture by the Gentry, not least of all because they aren't that interesting to the Fair Folk. However, if a mage gets cocky they can quickly wind up in over their head.
>>
>>54087979
Supernaturals kill people.. like serial killers. The FBI investigates serial killers. Supernatural serial killers are special cases. So a special unit had to be created. VaSCU - I mean their origin is pretty much self explanatory, and in their description. Which is in the Slashers splat if you didn't have it. Or are they in Hunters 2.0? Is that out yet?
>>
>>54090727
Where'd you read this?
>>
>>54092590
Umm.. More like supernatural bad touching until the Mage's mind was so broken he was a grinning, crying, ecstaticmelancholic asstoy on a leash, who, if still capable of working anything of his art, does so only to please his beloved rapistmaster.
>>
>>54089133
Yes. It's title is:

Gypsies.

Which makes me grin ear to ear. Fucking filthy pigs.
>>
>>54094332
>>54094332
>>54094332
>>54094332
>>54094332

New thread time, though the board seems broken or something.
>>
Alternate thread for MAGE ONLY discussion (i.e. If you want to talk about anything but mage)

>>54094473
>>54094473
>>54094473
>>54094473
>>54094473
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.