[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a touch of writer's block The dwarves of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: 1474921826637.jpg (83KB, 378x810px) Image search: [Google]
1474921826637.jpg
83KB, 378x810px
I've got a touch of writer's block

The dwarves of my roughly bog standard fantasy pre-register setting shun raw magic, instead favoring metallurgy and engineering, and dabbling with spiritual "knowledge of the forefathers" type magic. The glorious ancient empire is lost, the old highways closed off and ruins dot the landscape with no record of their treasures.

So what could they have stowed away in a lost keep? A clan of dwarves having set out hundred of years ago, falling victim to the Fae in a swamp of briars, their men not even buried in the tombs.

Ancient golems? A wondrous rod that shapes earth to your will? A device capable of shunting a soul into a new body? A crystal array that let's you view the past through it's lenses? Bronze cannons that fire rays of pure light and heat?

I know I want it to be limited to use by dwarves, or at least very much so appeal to my two musketeer/dragoon type dwarf players
>>
File: Dwarf_Engineer_Weapon_10-29_01.jpg (260KB, 1327x715px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_Engineer_Weapon_10-29_01.jpg
260KB, 1327x715px
>>54068995
What about some steampunk "lost tech" armor that's cut for tiny dwarves? Put some crazy ass guns on there and have some dead guard half buried in a slide or something, under the rubble?
>>
File: 1441402891973.jpg (152KB, 900x679px) Image search: [Google]
1441402891973.jpg
152KB, 900x679px
>>54069170
Ehhh that could work; the old empire used sci-fi levels of retrotech to put down superhighways underground, so I could see powerarmor being a thing.

Maybe a cadre of trapped souls bound to the suits, insane from being sealed away for so long...
>>
File: George Bunsen clockwork rifle.jpg (18KB, 537x417px) Image search: [Google]
George Bunsen clockwork rifle.jpg
18KB, 537x417px
>>54068995
Quartzlock muskets.

Pneumatic cannons.

Spring-powered clockwork dart pistols.

Bonsai crystals.

Siege golems.

A lost nest of alicantos.
>>
>>54068995
The very same magic they shun now. Turns out they didn't always hate it. Perhaps it caused problems and they hid it away for everyone's good. Maybe they are they descendants of an ignorant sect that overthrew their more knowledgable peers, and those peers hid their knowledge to prevent it's destruction
>>
>>54071573
>Bonsai crystals.
Dude, that sounds mystical as fuck! I'd kill for one of those... use a little rock hammer and chizzel and hack little bits off or use one of those mini saws...
>>
File: 1442795500089.jpg (132KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1442795500089.jpg
132KB, 800x1200px
>>54073936
See, I was leaning to this, certainly.

What major enough(to be impactful) but minor enough(to have been lost but not yet recovered) item could I plant?

The formula to transmutation of gold from lead? The resonant frequency if the earth? The quantification formula for the soul?
>>
>>54074210
In my setting ancient dwarves focused on applying their aptitude for magical craftsmenship to fleshcrafting. It got the kind of reactions you'd expect, and the knowledge was buried with their creations.
>>
File: 1410892826476.jpg (241KB, 1600x1572px) Image search: [Google]
1410892826476.jpg
241KB, 1600x1572px
>>54074423
Ooooooooooh!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.