[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for general hints and tips for sessions about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: I dunno man, I do not work here.png (421KB, 344x413px) Image search: [Google]
I dunno man, I do not work here.png
421KB, 344x413px
I'm looking for general hints and tips for sessions about battles

In a high power level campaign, how do you make a huge battle with the players participating in it as their characters (not as generals moving armies)?

The idea would sorta making a dynasty warriors feel of overpowered guys versus hundreds
>>
>>54068108
You give them specific things to do during the battle, like take out siege engines, rescue VIPs, and killing badass enemy generals.

Basically exactly like Dynasty Warriors.
>>
>>54068238
that's so obvious its painful
>>
>>54068238
Yeah, and then just make a simple system of consequences that influence the battle at large and their other encounters. If they're not fast enough with the siege engines, then the walls are breached and they have an extra fight before they move on to the next objective.
>>
>>54068108

The players do shit before the battle.

You don't waste the Seals by having them charge into artillery barages.

They blow up the bridge thats important for enemy logistics or kill the enemy general.

If you want to go for a more medieval feel:
-Duels
-giving speeches for the social characters
-conquering Enemy banners and killing Enemy lords
>>
actually I realized I have a more pressing question
how would you rule battles? I mean, a high power character going by himself to fight a huge amount of enemies for an hour or so
not an encounter, just like a guy goes to forge knives for an entire day
a guy goes to fight in a battle for an entire day
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.