[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to make a questing adventure focused on Persian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 12343254325.png (145KB, 702x397px) Image search: [Google]
12343254325.png
145KB, 702x397px
Is it possible to make a questing adventure focused on Persian folklore, mythology and pre-Islamic religions? Or would it be more interesting to do one centered around Greco-Roman vs Persian/Iranian wars?
>>
>>54054821
No, nothing is possible with your imagination.
>>
>>54054978
Would people be interested in it?
>>
>>54054978
Also you mean nothing is "impossible" right?
>>
>>54055060
You'd have people that want nothing more than reheated European lore (I had a player who chafed at my using traditional African mythos as a foundation of a region), but I'd find it interesting as hell.
The problem you'd find is gathering pre-Prophet mythology that wasn't rewritten to be halal.
>>
>>54055248
>wasn't rewritten to be hala
I dunno man. Pre-Islamic Persian folklore is pretty neat either way. Rostam is basically the Persian Hercules and Esfandiyar is pretty cool too.
>>
>>54055290
Just make sure you don't get run over by the daily scheduled Peace Truck.
>>
>>54054821
Why do you even ask? What's so boring about Persian folklore?
>>
>>54055159
I think it was "noting is possible with YOUR imagination" that he meant, actually.
>>
>>54055290
What I mean is that a lot was rewritten, and just as much wiped out (for example, it took how long before anthropologists discovered where sub-Saharan Africa got it's steel, and it was literally almost lost forever).
Sure, go for it, but be prepared to do your research. In any case, the onus is on you to do right by it and not cludge it up into something unrecognizable.
>>
>>54055396
Woah rude.
>>
>>54054821
Persian folklore and old pre-Islamic religion is very fascinating, especially with all the gods.

Their fashion pre-Islam is also very nice and varied enough since there are a lot of culture lived there during the height of their power. The Chinese are there, the Greeks are there, the Egyptians are there, the Jews are there, some Celtic tribe also make their own trading settlement there.

Just don't add Islam no matter what. Just don't. It won't help and it will only make things uncomfortable.
>>
>>54056193
No Islam at all? What is about pre-Islamic Persia that is fascinating?
>>
>>54054821
Only if your players are aware and interested in such folklore. Otherwise they'll start a holy crusade to crush the muslims you insist aren't there.
>>
>>54055060
I would, but most people wouldn't.
>>
>>54059459
he just said it
also the Mujahideen are cunts
>>
>>54054821
>What is Prince of Persia
It fucking baffles me how unimaginative you people are.
>>
File: IMG_6105.jpg (38KB, 425x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6105.jpg
38KB, 425x637px
Sup.
>>
File: IMG_6106.jpg (233KB, 752x1028px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6106.jpg
233KB, 752x1028px
>>
>>54059459
Vast ammounts o varying clans and peoples all with different cultural spirits and beliefs that keep mixing and intertwining, where all the various religions from Mesopotamian to Zoroastrianism all interact and meld together. We're talking about a vast cultural richness and civilization akin to the what China once had before getting raped by the Cultural Revolution

Also, genies, horned rabbits, and scantily clad harem girls
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.