[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Odyssey Block - Onslaught Block the worst Magic art has ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: inspirit.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
inspirit.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
Was Odyssey Block - Onslaught Block the worst Magic art has ever been?

say what you will about shit like Nykthos, but you have to spend some time to point out the bad art. This card just slaps your face with its horribleness
>>
File: 1484231569483.jpg (72KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
1484231569483.jpg
72KB, 640x537px
Akroma does not approve of OP or this thread.

OP is baitposting
>>
File: 135[1].jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
135[1].jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Odyssey has great art though, what the fuck are you smoking

sure the failures look like shit (just like now, or have you forgotten things like press the advantage), but I'm going through page and page of cool and interesting pictures

And unlike nu-magic, they actually have some artistic variation instead of the same fucking chinese art sweatshop hyperrealistic bland ass style on every single card, which weighs even heavier than pure skill (which is why alpha cards can still be fun to look at even though they as a rule are amateurish as all fuck)
>>
What was wrong with nykthos? I forget.
>>
>>54054137
>Was Odyssey Block - Onslaught Block the worst Magic art has ever been?
No, because it was when I started playing, and therefore has objectively the best art, flavor text, and mechanics.

The game's art started to get shit around Alara, because I had been playing for over five years by that point, and the pure, wide-eyed wonder with which I enjoyed the game had been replaced with jaded grognardism.

All of the game's art today is terrible because they aren't using an art style that specifically lines up with my nostalgia for sets that probably aren't anywhere near as good as I remember them being.
>>
>>54056270
So, basically >>54054620
>>
>>54056284
>muh nostalgia
even wotc themselves admit to homogenizing the art for the cards and the difference is clear when you go back and look at it
but sure even that is just nostalgia goggles, must be some sort of new google AR prototype where they rewrite facts in reality

and I started during alara
>>
>>54054137
That would be Legends or The Dark
>>
>>54054137
>The comic book blocks
>Worse than the collaborations from amateurs blocks
>Worse than the tumblrshit art direction blocks
No.
>>
>>54056270
I started at Invasion. My favorite arts are from ODY, RAV and ISD blocks. And I don't think the art started getting shit until BFZ.

Aesthetics are objective. If you're too much of a faggot to hold a possition of your own, that's on you.
>>
>>54057416
>Aesthetics are objective
Congratulations, anon! You're the most incorrect person on the internet right now!

Quickly, before someone else takes the title, how does it feel?
>>
>>54057416

KAAAAVUUUUU
>>
>>54057769
>being this much of a deconstructivist faggot
Liberty, freedom and independence weight heavy on the shoulders of cowards.
>>
>>54054137
>not liking shirtless dudes on your cards
Faggot
>>
>>54056270
The only periods of Magic I struggle to find shit I like about is the very beginning (Alpha to Fallen Empires) and the very latest blocks, which based on imploding Standard/draft attendance in my area appears to be a fairly common view here at least.
t. Mirrodin survivor
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.