[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been thinking lately and I thought I'd throw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1475039812443.jpg (44KB, 587x600px)
1475039812443.jpg
44KB, 587x600px
So I've been thinking lately and I thought I'd throw around a few ideas here maybe see if a few of em stick

I've been playing and reading a lot of grimdark stuff lately (Darkest Dungeon, Kingdom Death, Drakengard/Nier, etc.) and was thinking "If mankind were to be forced to live and survive in a horrible placenta nightmare world long enough, would humans still be human for long?" or alternatively "Would mankind be forced to evolve and adapt into monsters to be able to survive in an eldritch/demonic world of death and madness?"
This has been stuck in my head for the past week and I think with enough brainstorming this could make for an interesting campaign setting.

Almost everything is up in the air right now, but I've thought of three themes to currently base ideas around, which are;
>HUNGER
>MADNESS
>CORRUPTION
Based off these I've also come up with a few ideas to start with
1. Mankind must now consume something (like blood or the flesh of something living, and etc.) to sate an ever growing hunger caused by a curse or widespread mutation or go insane
2. Mankind has evolved/mutated in some way to make consumption of this new substance easier (fangs, extra mandibles, claws, etc.)
3. these changes have effected mankind on a mental/psychological and is causing them to sink further into depravity
4. Reality in this world is unstable, which causes things such as mutation and corruption a risk if one to traverse it without caution

That's all the ideas I have so far so if anyone wants to add/change something or help brainstorm feel free
>>
>>54043786
1d4 chan has the fleshworld setting that /tg/ wrote up based on Giger and another artist who did a lot of macabre living flesh art. You might find inspiration there.
>>
Without wanting to go full HFY
Humans are masters of their environment, we don't really evolve anymore. We simply design new technology, it wouldn't be long before we are taming weird beasts for food or wearing strange skins to protect from hazardous effects and worse
Maybe even weird litanies or memetic tricks to stave off madness
>>
>>54043946
Sounds neat I'll check it out
>>54044115
If evolution is improbable, then what's your opinion on mutations via the corruptive energies the realm is made of or something of that extent?
>>
>>54044237
We would find a way to protect ourselves. If it's radiation or cosmic rays, we would go kill a eldritch bug & wear it's carapace or weave moonweed fibers into comic ray shielding sunhats, etc.
>>
>>54044321
Interesting, but what if a lack of resources or a lack of tech is a factor?
>>
>>54044421
Then we'd just ducking die. Period.
>>
>>54043786
Palladium's Splicers setting is kind of like that, but humans turn into monsters to fight a genocide Skynet AI controlling the planet.
>>
>>54043946

Seems AWOL at the moment. Possible other keywords to search, please?
>>
>>54044421
There is no lack/minimal amount of tech, when weaving or using a carcass. This is stone age level shit. Is there a lack of pointy rocks? Look, I'm not going to tell you you cannot have whatever crazy ass things you want. I'm just telling you humans are ingenious bastards whose last significant evolution was a smaller jaw because we started cooking our meat, because we tamed fire.

Look at that grimdark source material you are inspired by Kingdom Death literally has you start with four humans with nothing but rocks pried up from the bare stone they stand upon. Then you get to killing shit, carving it up & figuring out how to make it work for you.

Humans can kill anything. Seriously. All we need is a good idea & some time to make something.

So instead of fixation on mutations to drink blood think about humans fermenting horrorbeetle brains or milking moonbeasts. You know that humans don't need to mutate to benefit from drinking blood right? We can do that already. & if you say that you want humans to mutate so that it's our primary food source please fuck off since blood is not nutrious. You get better food from the flesh of the thing you kill than from drinking fucking blood.
>>
File: landscape-blade-runner-23.jpg (53KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-blade-runner-23.jpg
53KB, 1024x512px
>>54044579
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Czarnosc
>>
>>54044641

My thanks to you.
>>
File: 1445329066296.jpg (384KB, 1024x1450px) Image search: [Google]
1445329066296.jpg
384KB, 1024x1450px
>>54044629
Didn't mean to offend, was simply playing devil's advocate, though I will admit I worded that last question poorly. Explaining shit or trying to get points across has always been a problem for me so I'll try to word it as best I can so I don't cause any further misunderstandings.
When I say mankind turning into monster I was mostly implying forced mutation via either magic, a curse, or simply a side-effect of residing in a horrific nightmare realm where many of the laws of reality don't apply. Basically I wasn't asking IF mankind would change into monstrous versions of themselves, I saying they HAVE and now what sort of things have stemmed from that.
What is daily life now? What sort of civilizations are created from this? How does this transformation effect them on a psychological or social level?
And then I'd like to discuss what the overall setting is like.
What is the world they live in like? What sort of creatures inhabit it? Does it have some sort of god or ruler? What is the curse/mutation mankind is afflicted by like?

Just want to throw around ideas and discuss worldbuilding is all

>>54044641
Fuck this is very similar to a lot of the stuff I was thinking about, I don't know how to feel about this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.