[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stories of joining groups half-way through? >Join a group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1493992776084.jpg (17KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1493992776084.jpg
17KB, 480x352px
Stories of joining groups half-way through?

>Join a group half way through
>Don't know any of their archetypes
>Make a degenerate drug addict who's kind of an asshole
>While playing find out group is playing entirely good and wholesome characters
>The GM takes me aside
>"Do you want to be the traitor"?
>MFW
>Lose a constitution check after huffing too many drugs
>End up dying to a drug overdose right before I was about to spoil their shit to the big bad
>MFW
>Make sure the next character I play matches the group better

I really hope I didn't piss them off and they enjoyed my company in the end.
>>
>>54043742
That better have been your character portriat
>>
>>54043742
I joined a group to replace another player who bailed. I've been told I'm an improvement over the previous player so I think it's gone well.
>>
>>54043742
>old player that starts a dnd group
>invited me over for a couple games since I got him into it
>bring a buddy with me
>group of weebs who just want to roll to bang and randumb shit
>roll up dwarf druid, had a vague backstory thought up
>DM tells me my backstory that I was raised by bears and buddy's character's dad murdered my bear parents and adopted me
>character resents his adoptive dad because murdered his real parents
>buddy's character is blissfully ignorant to my character's dilemma
>my character simply helps the party along and tries to provide decent insight when he can
>buddy's character rips and tears shit usually provides a solid plan
>only plot I can remember is that we went to an island, got transported into the past where the people only speak Druidic, and we eventually go back to the present and they apparently revered me as a god though they changed my name in their texts but it seems like it was my character
>the few sessions we went to, the party and DM compliment us on how we actually try to get shit done
>eventually stop going because it conflicts with my main group's schedule
>apparently DM killed off our characters and now the cleric has the spirit of the nine tailed fox and he needs to get the other tailed beast spirits

So, could have been better but it's whatever
>>
>>54043742
I joined a Mutants and Masterminds campaign basically 2/10ths of a way through.

Even if it's not halfway, I will post it.
>a few players drop out, as expected in roll20
>little old me applies for the game to the GM
>don't know much about M&M3e, first time player in that system
>he makes a strongman for me, because the party has lots of blasters and utility already
>with me, a flake joins and flakes after our first session
>I stick around because honestly, this is the first real group I've had and it's tons of fun
>start beating up criminals in real hulk fashion
>a few sessions in, I grab regeneration
>I wanted to test out exactly how OP that is
>proceed to wreck more faces, haven't been downed a single time in 5 sessions
>proceed to play with the group for a year before GM goes into hibernation/hiatus
We had a good run.

It opened my eyes to the fact that there are good GMs and good players on Roll20.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.