[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 27

File: ss.png (789KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
789KB, 1000x616px
Previous thread: >>54025226
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the scariest thing that's happened in your game?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54042637

I bumped into a mage in an alleyway.
>>
I badmouthed mages on one of these threads
>>
>>54042637
fag
>>
>>54042637
Acamoth Parasite latched on to a Mage's Oneiros, and infected his Daimon.
He eventually went Mad, and the Acamoth kept laying eggs in his mind, which hatched into more of itself (given the utter abandon with which he started not containing his Paradox) which it then tried to carry off to infect other Mages.

His mind, body, and soul were terminated with extreme prejudice.
However the Consilium was never really sure if they got all of the eggs.

Or perhaps was it the Temporal Parasites.
They latch onto your timeline, and start eating your remaining years, pre-maturely aging you into decrepitude, and death.
>>
>>54042676
Does this work just as well if I want to use a melee weapon like a sword?
>>
>>54042753
Yes.
>>
>>54042753
Sprinkle on a little extra Reach and it does.
>>
>>54042727

Cool monsters
>>
>>54042830
The max is +5 weapon bonus though? not an extra +5 on top of +3 for a sword?
>>
>>54042590
>>54043109

As I wrote in the post I made in the last thread, it won't be easy to make an Exalt as a Mage. Especially since Exalts have access to Charms which often in mage terms would require high arcana ratings, while Mages can also do things that Exalts can't do till later in charm trees. Its weird, and the power balance is all over the place when it comes to these two games

Still, I wish you luck if you ever manage to get a GM to allow you to play this insanity. I recommend getting the Potent Nimbus charm to make your "Anima Banner" awesome, referring to your Cabal as your Circle to the point where they get max dots in Cabal Theme and join you in your Exalted Insanity, and of course have your Threshold Name be your Shadow Name
>>
>>54043177
>potent nimbus charm

Merit. I meant merit.
>>
>>54043092
Equipment bonuses normally cap out at +5.

So for a measly 2 potence and 2 reach you can have a sword that deals +5 lethal and applies knocked down (not to mention stun from the 5 damage).

If that's not enough, you could always get a sword made of Dumanium that can deal aggravated damage.

If you were one of my players I'd let you exceed the normal +5 limit with reach and mana if you asked nicely.
>>
>>54043308
Fate is allowed to exceed the +5 cap with 1 reach and mana so no reason another reach and 1 mana couldnt do it with matter or forces
>>
Hey, /wodg/, I'm trying to think up some interesting/unusual items for a Mortals game.

So far, I've thought up a single one: a cat-of-nine-tails, worn and stained from use and abuse. If used to whip one's own back for at least ten minutes, it lets one convert Lethal damage into twice as much Bashing damage, at the risk of becoming addicted to self-flagellation.

Too broken? Too weak? Gimme some feedback here.
>>
>>54043405
Mortals could use all the help they can get senpai.
>>
>>54043405
how much damage does whipping yourself for 10 mins do to you and then doubling it to bashing will mean you fall over when you fail the stamina test.

Its shit.
>>
>>54043470
I was planning on the "doubled-damage" part just being from the fact that for every point of lethal you convert, the whip does one point to you.

Still, you're probably right. What should be retuned?
>>
>>54044287
healing seems odd for a cat-o-nine tails.

Perhaps for each lethal it does it give back willpower or gives you a bonus like the destiny merit.

Its a punishment so perhaps it makes your next integrity test auto pass as your punishing yourself up front.
>>
>>54044644
On second thought, yeah, that sounds a lot more interesting -- "deranged conviction" makes more sense than transubstantiating wounds.
>>
Jyhad diary when?
>>
>>54045709
when kaymakli freezes over
>>
>>54045709
What the fuck is that
>>
What are peoples feeling about a starting mage using a praxis of the dispel magic spell (at prime 1) having a 75+% chance of dispelling any spell he has Arcana in with lasting effects taking 1-3 turns of casting. If he ritual casts it goes way over 75%..

Gnosis 3, Prime 1, Highspeech, Concentration, (another yantra?) Willpower = 11 dice to get 3 successes to ignore Withstand?

He does use 3 reach so 2 over max for 4 paradox dice but he can eat it.
>>
>>54045844
More shitty fluff from The Gentleman Gamer.
>>
>>54045844
Its the new V5e plot bible. Book about wtf Beckett has been up to and probably in character explanations of the new metaplot.
>>
>>54045886
So it's going to be utter shit then

>metaplot
No doubt it will glorify vampires like all their previous pretentious metaplot supplements
>>
>>54045924
pretty sure vampires at the main guys in their own game so let them wank over themselves.

If they tread over into crossovers then it will be time to bitchslap them down and remind them of their place.
>>
>>54045924
>>54045972
The horrible truth being that Masquerade, despite being the first of the lines, is solely responsible for the entirety of the asswiped metaplot.

Demon the Fallen being right behind it.
>>
"Supernal being possesses dots in two Arcana equal to its Rank, one of which must be one of the Ruling Arcana of its Realm, and may have additional Arcana at lower ratings."

So, if you possess more than two Summoning Attainments and you're willing to spend additional points of Mana, could you theoretically specify your summoning ritual enough to get a Rank 5 entity with two Arcana at 5 and eight Arcana at 4 dots?

#ultimatepower
#whatcouldgowrong
>>
>>54046062
I don't think that's how it works
>>
>>54045972
Fuck crossovers. Segregation forever.
>>
ST here (V20)

got a session on friday i'm planning for; players are gonna be shovelheads who get away from their sires. They're made specifically to serve as a false flag and given a picture the Berlin Harpy to attack while their sires are going after the prince. (the Prince and the Harpy are close enough that the prince'd send some of his men to the harpy's aid if he was asked).

So I did this because 1) the players are new, so it seemed to me to be a good way to explain their lack of knowledge about the setting and 2) because I like clusterfuck scenarios, where a number of political players are scrambling to deal with some big change - in this case, the change'll be the death of the prince (but not at the hands of the PCs sires). My question is this - as their sires fuck off to deal with other issues, how do I keep the PCs interested and together? I plan to have them get picked up by Anarchs, but dunno what to do til then.
>>
Are the God-Machine Chronicle/Blood and Smoke-The Strix Chronicle like a deprecated 1.5 version of Vampire the Requiem that 2.0 enhances in enough places to justify being called a new/different iteration?
>>
>>54046009
Jesus H Christ, don't even use the word Metaplot. The expulsion of that atrocious idea was the best fucking thing about Requiem by and far. Metaplots don't belong in a RPG rule system. Save those for campaign books. Christ I hated what the metaplot did to the old World of Darkness, and the cunts who jacked off over it on the White Wolf circlejerk forums were just tragic in their obsessiveness levels over it and vehement addiction to it.

Fuck no, no metaplot in v5.0.
>>
>>54046547
>implying

You see the pre-alpha? It's all about Camarilla vs. Anarchs vs. Masquerade, mate. Metaplot's probably here to stay, although since the Camarilla's off the streets (for the most part) there will probably be less international/ intercity communication.
>>
>>54046822
So far it's just laying the ground for the setting. Metaplot, that's something different, that's a whole level of bullshit beyond - think papa Ravnos waking up, getting superspiritnuked, breaking the gauntlet, the avatar storm, fucking up every other splat and beyond in a shitstorm of awful mechanics and awful writing combined.
>>
>>54045874
That starting Mage is burning away all of his fun, interesting Merits for Gnosis.

I pity him.
>>
>>54047168

What do you think about the second Inquisition, then, and the apparent mage involvement in it?
>>
>>54046547
All those fat fucking larpers are going to decide wtf the metaplot is now so get used to it..
>>
>>54047406
Like?

He can buy em or get em via magic later, i pity the Gnosis 1 mage who needs 18+ hours to get shit done and can only hold 1 spell. What a fucking dime bar.

Allies, Resources, all that shit can come later..
>>
>>54045924
>No doubt it will glorify vampires like all their previous pretentious metaplot supplements

>>54046009
I only play cofd. What do you mean?
>>
>>54047512
Shadow Name, Order Status, Egregore, Masque, Artifact, the list goes on.

Your maths is also wrong.
Your dice pool is 6 currently, Concentraion can't be used for Lasting effects, which requires you to get 5 more dice out of 2 Yantras, or perhaps 2 more dice with Willpower use.

Plus, you need one dot in each of the other Arcana, which can make that option entirely irrelevant if Mages add potentially unnecessary Arcana to their spells. Lord knows I do.

Also yes, that is a primary purpose of Dispel Magic, which is a good Yantra to use.
However the fact that you're still eating 4 Paradox dice, increasing your Paradox ticker for the scene, and still relying on an Exceptional Success (which is not guaranteed) makes that a less than perfect option.
>>
>>54046526
>Are the God-Machine Chronicle/Blood and Smoke-The Strix Chronicle like a deprecated 1.5 version of Vampire the Requiem that 2.0 enhances in enough places to justify being called a new/different iteration?
>>
>>54046526
Nah, they are same. Only difference between Blood and Smoke and VtR 2e are some typo fixes. That said only reason why wasn't Blood and Smoke already called 2e which considering differences would be deserved were communication issues with White Wolf.
>>
>>54045884
with even more gender neutral terms and "progressiveness"
>>
>>54045924
> glorify vampires like all their previous pretentious metaplot supplements
>their
it's their own game. What do you expect? Every splat is glorified in their metaplot supplements
>>
>>54047168
sorry mate, but Elricson already said that the metaplot is going forwards (likely with LARP shit added)
>>
>>54047996
>mfw they're going to have Beckett, a sardonic 17th century sailor with a caustic wit, suck up to trannies and other such degenerates

They could at least make it believable, y'know?
>>
>>54048044
Well obvi you know that they're in the right because Beckett thinks they are cool.
>>54048024
Goddammit I really wish that he hadn't just been given the job because he's a Swede, everything out of that sewer hatch so far has been absolutely awful, like, do games run totally different in Europe or something? Because fuck every LARPer I have ever met in the WoD Scene.
>>
>>54048347
>do games run totally different in Europe or something?

I believe Euro-LARPers are "edgier."
>>
>>54047425

Technocracy and Pentex already had a hell of a breakup in Syndicate Revised, and at this point the union has more shit to worry about than a bunch of licks who hide themselves anyway.

Similarly, the Masasa War of Blood Treachery suggests the Hermetics have had enough of fighting vampires at this point.
>>
How easy to play essentially American Gods as Mortals getting caught up in survive shenanigans?
>>
>>54048405
So they are even worse? Fuck.
>>54048720
C'mon now. Let's not bring up Blood Treachery, it's just an awful book.
>>
>>54048720
and now, they come back together because of Gehenna and mortals learning about the supernatural. Thank Elricsons Metaplot
>>
Why are almost all ogres that get fluff stories either Stonebones or Gristlegrinders? Are the other kinds just not interesting?
>>
>>54049124
And follow up, why does less than half the lore from the Changeling setting ever make any appearance in the pre written stuff, like the directional and day/night courts, or literally any endowments?
>>
>>54049626
because most of the writers are uncreative hacks. At very least, Hill is gone, so we will not be plagued with more weeaboo shit
>>
>>54047570
if you can get to 10+ dice its virtually
guaranteed.

Artifacts are fucking useless, if you spend merit points on them your an idiot. Feel free to design me a good artifact, i bet it has a chance dice and fuck all potency to counter any withstand, throw out a fuck ton of paradox and not worth the merit points you spend on it.
All the other other merits you can gain later and are pretty poor really.

Eregore is what a free library and magical tool for 3-4 dots, 5 dots a med symPATHETIC connection to the entire order?? LOL

Masque 5 is the only decent thing and frankly meh.

Id rather spend my first 8-10 experiences on gaining staus merits than having to stay at gnosis 1 for fucking ages.
>>
>>54049907
Did OPP really think people would play games set in Japan or was it just weebu self wanking?

Hill lived in Japan for abit and felt he could write a setting about it? Fuck if i cant pronounce half the fucking shit there is no way in hell im setting a game there....
>>
White Wolf responded to the playtest on their blog, and apparently it was a big success.
>>
>>54048857

They do mention in a sidebar that we're not getting the vamp side which is "elders be chillin, everyone else is on fire" and that "Tremere wuz gud boyz who dindu nuffin"
>>
So I got a weird edge case here.

An NPC cabal was attacked by cultists of The Gate after summoning a Supernal entity. The demesne and summoning circle was destroyed the area is tainted with the abyss.

One of my players decided to forge a soul stone create a new demesne and redo the summoning ritual at the cabal sanctum to give the entity a safe way home.

What should I set the dice pool for wisdom degeneration (if at all)? He plans on reabsorbing the soul stone after the ritual is complete and 'sparky' (the nickname they've given the entity) is safely back home.
>>
Sometimes I feel like I'd be better off just writing fanfics for CtL because I can't find anyone who wants to play a 'low power level' game. Fuck, all my friends ever want is Mage, Vampire, and Conspiracy Tier Hunter
>>
>>54050096
creating the SS is an act of hubris all the down to wisdom 4, so 3 or 5 dice depending on what his wisdom is?
>>
>>54049917
>Artifacts are fucking useless

In 1e, Artifacts were great as automatically recharging mana batteries, but now they are a hot mess.

2e Artifacts are badly in need of an errata or detailed faq/expansion to make them remotely useful and worth the cost. Hopefully, we'll get more info in Signs of Sorcery, but I wouldn't hold my breath, and that's assuming the book is released any time soon.
>>
>>54050262
Shouldn't I give him a dice bonus to the roll since he's saving a supernal entity and possibly acting with his virtue?
>>
>>54050342
its very hubris of him to think he's saving anything and if hes acting with his virtue then theres already something in it for him.
>>
>>54050340
exactly, take the profane urim. The book says its a 6 dot artifact, when possession + sympathetic attainment is 5 dots. (where does the extra dot come from??)

It'd have Gnosis 2 (3 at 6 dots) and 4 dice for its possess spell giving it a dicepool of 6/7 dice. It only has 1 free reach so save that for instant cast, it needs sensory for sympathetic casting so its already spewing out paradox,

Withstand wise possession is withstood by resolve + sympathy withstand + maybe not knowing name, it starts with potency 4, if we take -4 to increase it to potency 6 it *should* beat most sleepers withstand assuming resolve 3, sympathy (weak is also 3) and no name for a withstand of 5 we then need +1 reach for advanced duration which is 2 reach over for possession with potency 6 for 1 hour. 2 or so dicepool to roll and it costs you 6 merit points?

6 merit points for 2 dice to possess a resolve 3 sleeper you dont know the name off which can get stolen from you (hope it does so you get those merit points back) LOL utter shit, why not just go and ask an adept at mind to do it for you?
>>
>>54050715
note im not even sure it starts at potency 4 as there is no mention of it in the book. I just assume it does otherwise its even shitter.

One wonders if you can even alter the spell factors each activation, again no explanation of it
>>
>>54050096
>>54050342
>>54050387
Totally. He's saving a piece of living magic at the risk of himself. If he reabsorbs his Soul Stone right afterwards, it proves he didn't do it for power.
Also:
>p. 87 "A character’s Virtue can add a die to the pool, if the act embodied hubris, but in defense of that Virtue. The character may very well understand and see the consequences of her actions, but she stands by them because she truly, fundamentally believes her actions are righteous."
>>
So any hacks/homebrew to make imbued items/artifacts more usable?
>>
>>54050880
Give them additional Reach by increasing their Dot value: An object with Mind Shield rated at 2 has one free Reach. The same object rated at 4 has three free Reach.
An Imbuing Mage can't encode more Reach than he can safely use.
To use a magic object you can roll either your Gnosis+Arcanum or Willpower (like for Proximi Blessings). This way, Sleepwalkers can use them too.
Make a Merit for improved object use.
>>
>>54051158
I do something similar but I also have the magical knick knacks have their own spell control
>>
>>54051225
Seems reasonable.
>>
>>54050880
So i would say that artifacts base is always primary spellfactor of potency, always base advanced duration (1 scene) and instant cast all for "free".

The artifact gets can be given some yantra like bonus it can use with itself equal to its 1 + arcana spell rating but only to counter penalties from spell factors. (no extra dice just penalty removal) for +1 merit point cost per 2 bonus or some shit..
>>
>>54049954
Our characters have gone to Japan in at least a few Mage games. Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. The Elemental Dragons are a hot mess that really shouldn't be a thing.
>>
>>54051826
Which Mage?
>>
>>54051869
oWoD judging by the mentioning of the Weebocracy
>>
>OWOD
>Vampires have Ghouls
>Garou have Kinfolk
>Mages have Acolytes and Familiars
>Technocracy have Lab Assistants
>Wraiths have Mediums
>Mummies have Cultists

What do Hunters have?
>>
>>54051965

Decent element of surprise, I guess?
>>
>>54051965
The Imbued have Bystanders.
>>
>>54051911
>buzzword
>>
>>54051980
The Elemental Dragons are literally the Technocracy as viewed by a 90s writer who only knows about Yakuza and Triads from his anime and bad kung fu movies.
The Weebocracy is a fitting term.
>>
>>54052065
>The Elemental Dragons are literally the Technocracy as viewed by a 90s writer who only knows about Yakuza and Triads from his anime and bad kung fu movies.

is that insufficiently serious for members of the techno-wizard illuminati?
>>
>>54052065
>>54051911
Really the entirety of the Year of the Lotus is regrettable, I'm sure there's a good game in Kindred of the East, but Robert Hatch sure as shit isn't going to be the one to write it.
>>54052149
It's more that they are extremely one dimensional, you could have more to them than that, but that would require knowing shit about Japan.
>>
>>54052065
It's only a fitting term because you don't like it. Stylistically the Eastern WW games were entirely based on anime and asian cinema, that's self-evident from it's artwork. If you don't like the source material, that's fine. If you hate on a game for no reason other than you're triggered by the visual source material, you're being a thin-skinned, brittle little snowflake.

Honestly, what next?
>"Vampire the Requiem? Moar like "Vampire the Stokerism!" How about something that wasn't inspired by drunken Irish playwrights of the victorian era, fucking snore. Fucking Romantic Era gothic literary tropes... newsflash cunts, they can treat most strains of Tuberculosis now. We could actually use some Romanian aristocracy buying up the old Carfax place, property values are down since Brexit, etc.....
>>
File: Come on now.jpg (79KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
Come on now.jpg
79KB, 499x498px
>>54052178
>He made a joke about something,
>REEEEEEEE Stop being triggered!
Anon, what's it like having 0 sense of humor?
>>
'E equals' (Matter ••••, Forces ••••)
Practice: Patterning
Primary Factor: Potency
Withstand: Structure
Suggested Rote Skills: Intimidation, Firearms, Science

The mage converts an object's mass into the equivalent amount of energy. The result is spectacular. By default the energy created is a mixture of thermal, light, kinetic, acoustic, and radiation spreading from the point of creation.

+1 reach: The mage can choose what energy is created (e.g. make a gravitational pulse)
+2 reach: The mage can control and focus the release of energy (e.g, turn a golf ball into a beam of death)

Thoughts?
>>
>>54052432
>The mage converts an object's mass into the equivalent amount of energy.
The Hiroshima nuke converted 700 milligrams of mass into energy. That is one third the mass of a US dime.
>>
>>54052178

My issue with most of the "X Of the East" settings is that it takes the established lore and concepts and throws them out the window. Take the template and work the local flavor in, don't just discard it and pull shit out of your own ass. KotE is the worst offender in this regard.

EX: The Asian Technocracy should be Technocracy first, Asian second.
>>
>>54046110 here

any ideas, y'all?

As for a way to keep the group together, I figured a quick Vaulderie or, at least, mutual blood bonding should be enough. But if anyone's got any ideas as for what to have them actually do I'd be happy to hear them.
>>
>>54052533
Something something supremacy.
>>
>>54052649
You keep posting about KotE, but refuse to actually validate your concerns. They fit with asian folklore.
>>
>>54052869
>>54052432
What I'm trying to say is that no, you shouldn't be able to do it, as nuclear explosions are the domain of Archmasters.
>>
>>54052891
>The KJ
>Which are not based in any Asian 'Vampire" folklore
>They fit with Asian folklore
Anon, I love oWoD in all its retarded absurdity but the KJ are lame as fuck. If only for the fact they could have been so much cooler had White Wolf actually bothered to read.
>>
>>54053017
So you don't like them is the whole of it. They're not the hopping dead, they're what happens when angry spirits come back from Hell, or potentially an angry ancestor. They're not perfect representations, but neither is anything else in WoD.
>>
Well if anyone ever needed proof that nuWW lives in their own asses

https://blog.white-wolf.com/

-"The reaction was overwhelmingly positive and did not raise any red flags about content or core systems."

Thats some level of indoctrination.
>>
>>54053115

>you’ll see that V5 will include many relevant, timely story elements like the global migrant and refugee crises, drug abuse, human trafficking, urban decay, homelessness, government corruption, ecological crises and political instability. V5 characters will have the opportunity to interact with these topics through scenarios designed to prompt insight and critical thinking,
>>
>>54053171
Weird. Post got cut in half. But:
Oh no. God no. I can see it now.
"Vampires vs Donald Trump" and "Tremere Tumblr".
>>
>>54053198

SAWs: Social Anarchs Warriors
>>
File: Not like this.gif (770KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Not like this.gif
770KB, 200x150px
>>54053171
>That quote
That's fake right? You're just fucking with us, right anon?
>>
File: 1498233221048.jpg (166KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
1498233221048.jpg
166KB, 736x951px
>>54053235
Open the article. Search it out.

It could be worse. Anita Sarkeesian could be a Golconda Boddhisatva. They might name drop HIllary Clinton. Who knows? Look on the brightside: It can't possibly be worse than what they're outlining.
>>
>>54053171
Well, guess I won't be playing very much of V5.
>>
>>54053171
>you’ll see that V5 will include many relevant, timely story elements like

... hard-left Swedes with delusions of grandeur (and talent) ?
>>
>>54053171
>global migrant and refugee

I hear that vampires find migrants and refugees particularly tasty.

Who doesn't occasionally like a little ethnic food.
>>
Try the FAQ, folks.
>Q: Why is Amelina a pedophile?
>A: She’s not. She has an obsession with young (recently embraced) Kindred and a feeding restriction that forces her to feed from children and young teens.

>>54053287
Captain Sweden! A Hunter!
>>
>>54052907
Dynamics is required if you're creating a nuclear explosion ex nihilio. I'm not sure if it's still needed in 2e, but it's a 2nd degree adept spell.

For that kind of investment it's underpowered compared to what you could do with a single arcana for the same xp. Space could collapse shit into singularities, Matter could create M29 Dave Crockett launchers, Life can create an 'andromeda strain' tier plague, etc.
>>
>>54053115
Masquerade was a mistake.
>>
>>54053171

>surprised that a setting with most of its lore based in the 90s is going to update for modern political themes

Were you all mad about the Brujah Council and Baba Yaga, as well? Or the Anarchs, being born so clearly from the punk ethos of the 80s and 90s?
>>
>>54053419
Counterculture wasn't as cringy or retarded in the 90s.
>>
>>54053445

You're right, modern counterculture is all right wing. I'd be disappointed if they included too much of that, as well.
>>
>>54053445
It most certainly was senpai. Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.
>>
>>54053472
Oh come on. At least be subtle with your baitposts. Or just magepost.
>>
>>54053509
This isn't even counterculture. It's mainstream masquerading as counterculture.
>>
>>54053115
They need a PR team
>>
>>54053509
Anon having a mohawk and proclaiming you would never be a wageslave for The Man when he oppresses you and kills the trees was cringy, but it was not tumblr cringy.
>>
>>54053515

I'm somehow posting something unbelievable, but half the thread erupts at the idea that V5 will address migration, refugees, etc. is perfectly normal and expected behavior? Come on.
>>
>>54053645
They're erupting at the idea of WW 'addressing' it in their typical manner.
>>
>>54053740

They haven't been TOO shit at it. You still triggered by the pronoun sidebar in that mage book or something?
>>
>>54053771
They're worse at it than they were originally, and what they've given us so far of V5, rules and 'fluff', suggests that someone greased up a slope and kicked them off it.
>>
>>54053809

What rules are too SJW for you, anon?
>>
>>54053821
>>54053821
See, this is what I meant about your baitposting. If you're going to be like that, just start another mage shitstorm. The ones when Mummy came out were great.
>>
>>54053017
>they could have been so much cooler had White Wolf actually bothered to read
just like Changeling, Vampire and Werewolf could have been cooler if they actually had read trve stories. WW is (or at least was) not about factual representation (just read World of Darkness to see how it is a world built on american stereotypes), its about telling a story in an adequate urban fantasy/horror setting
>>
>>54053115
how can a single person be so deluded? Even the OPP Forums hated that thing
>>
>>54053419
at least it was not marketed as "Critical Thinking"
>>
>>54053419
Was it done as preachy as this?
>>
>>54053198
Dahnald Drumpf is a Nephandi #Resist
>>
>>54053852

I'm still not baiting. Can you hardly blame me for assuming you have a problem with WW for their leftist stances, given where we are and the context of the conversation?
>>
>>54053376
Sweden was a mistake
>>
>>54053940
>SJW rules

That is bait.
>>
>>54050104
>Vampire
well that is kinda 'low power level' game

>>54051965
>What do Hunters have?
Dangerous problems.

>>54053280
>They might name drop HIllary Clinton.
Onyx Path couldn't resist kicking into Trump, so I wouldn't be little bit surprised if there was some praise for Hillary or Bernie.
>>
>>54054030
>Dangerous problems.
Don't forget the magic schizophrenia.
>>
>>54050104
But Anon, CtL is the best game in the line!
>>
File: stumped.jpg (119KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stumped.jpg
119KB, 900x1200px
>>54053964

>they're bad at handling political stuff, and given the rules and fluff they've shown us so far they've gotten worse
>this was posted amid a wave of reactionary "ughhhh muslims in my games???? center leftists in MY games?????" shit
>It's bait to assume anyone I'm talking to falls into that same category of posters
>>
File: 1493344403106.jpg (21KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493344403106.jpg
21KB, 429x410px
I feel bad for oWoDfags.
>>
>>54054113
No, deliberately crossing over the ess-jay-wu leanings that OP has shown in v5 and the mechanical aspects - that is bait.
>>
>>54053419
I have no problems with it that becomes a topic. I think just that they will handle it badly.
>>
>>54054133
>bad for oWoDfags
I felt bad for them as soon as I've read the Blue Book. The system was (and is) so much better.
>>
>>54054145

>the rules and fluff show they're bad at handling politics
>rules and fluff
Show me the rules that imply they can't handle politics, anon. That's all I want.
>>
>>54054232
I didn't say the rules were political. I said they were bad. The overwhelming reaction to them have been bad, even on the OP forums. The posts listed and the first chunk of the linked article talked about it. So you either know that and are baiting as hard as you can, or, you're a bit bloody silly. Asshole or retard? You pick.
>>
>>54054287
>They're worse at it than they were originally, and what they've given us so far of V5, rules and 'fluff', suggests that someone greased up a slope and kicked them off it.

>They're worse at it (politics) than they were originally
>rules and fluff prove that
>rules prove they can't handle politics
Anon please just tell me what you meant by this statement so I can rest
>>
>>54054133
Its pain being an oWoDfag, even if you are also a CofDfag

the system just isn't as good, but the fluff is so great (aside from the things any sane person ignores)
>>
This is almost word for word the same sort of faggotry we used to see from the ww fan base back in the 90s lmfao

Welcome back, White Wolf.
>>
>>54054373
>They're worse at it than they were originally, and what they've given us so far of V5, rules and 'fluff', suggests that someone greased up a slope and kicked them off it.

Version for the silly people, then.

Crunch is not widely recognised as a strong suit in WW games, wether written by WW or OP. They also have a more recent reputation for going 'full tumblr' in places. So when someone says "Rules and fluff" in a post, and prefaces that with "They're getting worse", it can be easily inferred by anyone familiar with white wolf/op games (like, say, someone who would post in a general thread) would understand that their hamfisted political fluff is becoming more prominent as well as their rules becoming less usable and fun to play with.
>>
I'm thinking of creating a Crime Lord Horror for CoD. Someone who could be an antagonist for both mortals and supernaturals in the long term. I'm imagining a man who once sold his soul to some kind of devil for noble purposes because he really believed that he needed to take back the city into his own hands. However, the power corrupted his mind just like the devil intended, and now he acts as a corrupter for other people as well to maintain his power. For his Dread Powers, I think he should have Immortal, Madness And Terror, Mortal Mask, Hypnotic Gaze, Fabricate (Guns And Blades) and the Mixed Blessings Numen. How does that sound?
>>
>>54054483
You could just use Inferno.
>>
>>54054498
I had forgotten about that, thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>54043405
How about a strange seashell that, when held to the ear, sounds not of the ocean but of howling winds and whispering voices?

Basically it's a mcguffin that helps you nudge the plot along or freak out the players.
>>
>>54054439
they really revitalize the fanbase
>>
>>54053115
>https://blog.white-wolf.com/
>Political Horror
What the fuck?
>>
>>54052223
Fuck you. No more "it was a joke" Kramer bullshit. I treat Anon like men, they own their words.
>>
>>54043405
This thread has over a hundred amazing Relics:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/806809-curios-relics-and-tomes

Also consider checking some of these SCPs:

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/system:page-tags/tag/artifact
>>
File: The Anon is upset.png (260KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
The Anon is upset.png
260KB, 320x371px
>>54054962
>The anon takes everything 100% literally and gets butthurt from banter on 4chan.
K there guy.
>>
>>54052649
But it didn't, it was all the same shit with different names in a lot of cases. Wraith was the most blatant offender. KoTE took a further step, creating a complicated "blood pool" with no less than 4 subdivisions, each having their own consequences and effects at high levels. Cultural misrepresentation is rife, and while in Mummy 2nd that was easily explained by their shitty source material, a lot of Hengeyoki and KotE doesn't appear to even enjoy that level of basic research.

Oh, and everything is vastly superior. Asians have different souls.
>>
>>54055131
I will give WW credit though that Mage Revised was pretty damn cool with the eastern lore.
>>
>>54055131
just as sub-saharan Africans :^)
>>
>>54054853
Seems to be making this thread pretty uncomfortable so clearly it is working.
>>
>>54053049
No, he was trying to tell you that all of Asia has cool and unique vampires. I would have rathered a regional alliance of 10,000 tribes of exotic beings than the strange and culturally questionable abandoned project we have now.
>>
>>54053115
Or maybe outrage culture and sjw bitching are purely an American pheomena?
>>
>>540532337
>we intend for our players to view the Camarilla sect from the Anarch perspective, as a perverse and privileged class of old-school vampires and who adhere to an antiquated code of morality and obsessed by the realpolitik of staying in power at any price

Will we get the other perspective or are we reduced to play "Fuck the System" punks?
>>
>>54055220
I think it would have been better had they just kept the original clans and gone with "Well the Ventrue in China call themselves x"
Or went all out and given us a full system for Jiangshi and the different versions of the Aswang and all that crazy shit.
The Kuei Jin just feel half finished.
>>
>>54053319
>Matter could create M29 Dave Crockett launchers
Dave Crocketts can't wipe out all life on Earth. Turning a taco truck into energy will.
>Space could collapse shit into singularities
The only way this is possible for non-Archmasters is if your ST is retarded.
>>
>>54055096
You don't want to be thought of, and treated like a man?

Good to know.
>>
>>54055096
summer cannot end soon enough
>>
File: It's that time again.jpg (57KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
It's that time again.jpg
57KB, 960x886px
>>54055656
>>
>>54055523
Anon acting like a man also entails not getting mad triggered that someone jokingly called your favorite WoD faction a bunch of weebs on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>54055698
volume doesn't change, composition does
>>
Has anyone done good Cyberpunk / Sci Fi homebrew for CofD? The Mirrors series is pretty subpar all things considered.
>>
>>54056090
I did a future setting for Chronicles where Mages ended up ruling the world, albeit secretly.

They killed off the Uratha, enslaved both Vampires and Changelings and enrolled Demons into their army after an Archmage personally overthrew the God-Machine.
>>
>>54055358
There's a Camarilla and Anarch setting book planned alongside the core rules.
>>
This is the one that got me. This is the one where I went 'Yup, the histrionics of anywhere that discussed the playtest are REAL DUMB.' The fact they had to EXPLAIN WHAT A FUCKING CLUB KID is.

Q: Why are so many characters children (“Club Kids”)?
A: The term Club Kid (at least in Sweden) means a youngish (roughly 18-25) person who spends all their free time at clubs, often under the influence of drugs.
>>
>>54055358

>Muh outdated laws
>Muh privilege
>Muh realpolitik

Jesus. First of all the Camarillia of the alpha had nothing to do with realpolitik. Second of all why don't you Stop forcing occupy wallstreet shit down our throats.
>>
File: CyFyMRL.jpg (257KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
CyFyMRL.jpg
257KB, 800x1199px
>>54056202
>magefaggotry the setting

That just sounds lame.
>>
>>54052891
I'm just someone who chimed in that a seperate species of vampire that's super special n'sheeit wasn't necessary.

>>54053049
Motherfucker, Risen are already a thing.

>>54053115
FEEDING.

Worst faction is now the focus in vampire. For Magefags, this would be like making the Disparete Alliance the focus of M5, which I would not put beyond Cuckula.

Hamfisted Inquisition/Technocracy/Pentex team-up after Pentex and the Technos had a hard split is canon.

5E a shit.

>>54053932
He's clearly a Marauder.

>>54056390
>No Sabbat
Fuck them.
>>
>>54056665
I am sure the Sabbat will come out in a later supplement, once they've worked out the logistics of the Sabbat's core group following the elders of the world to the Gehenna War in the East.

A lot of V5 is going back to 1e Masquerade stylings and arrangements.
>>
>>54056435

Well, yeah, how many WoD fans are actually active in the club scene in 2017, let alone the European club scene?

Call it histrionics if you want, but 5e's appealing to a demographic that's not coming back and the fact that there needs to be an FAQ entry for that makes it clear. WoD's been a nerd thing for far longer than it's been a goth thing.
>>
>>54056202
>I did a future setting for Chronicles where Mages ended up ruling the world, albeit secretly.
>They killed off the Uratha, enslaved both Vampires and Changelings and enrolled Demons into their army after an Archmage personally overthrew the God-Machine.

... and that was just on Monday, I guess things started to get interesting by the weekend.

>Headcanon Supremacy
>>
>>54056768
I call it histrionics because people were angrily discussing 'why WW has all of these teenagers as NPCs and PCs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!' and I'm like '.. did you read the fucking scenario? It's clearly... 'NUH UH IT'S TEENAGERS!'

I should really just stop going to the OPP forums and rpg.net, but the Magefaggery here gets old.
>>
>>54056838

>did you read the fucking scenario

Don't make people expend the emotional labor of having to read that nonsense.
>>
>>54056202
So aside from the obvious bait, why did Mages kill off the Uratha? Even in a Mage ruled future there is a lot of use that Mages could get out of them. They make great bodyguards for when you don't wanna waste mana or risk paradox, can be used to groom spirit courts to your favor, and could probably make for great sources of perfected flesh due to their regeneration

I'm not surprised Changelings are Mage Servants, especially if bargains were made with the Truefae to create "more useful" kiths

Also, please tell me this ruling caste of mages is Seers of the Throne, or at least involves a Broken Pentacle. The Adamantine Arrow and the Free Council wouldn't allow shit to get like that without a fight.
>>
>>54056202
>>54056883
The irony of this being that Mages are nearly extinct in my future setting.
TLDR is that the Abyss 'won' in 2012. The Supernal was cut from the Fallen World completely, no new Awakenings, and the surviving Mages have had fuckall aside from Attainments for 40+ years
>>
>>54056665
>making the Disparete Alliance the focus of M5, which I would not put beyond Cuckula.

Sorry to tell you this anon but Brucatto already did that
>>
>>54057036
And it fucking sucked
>>
>>54057025
now that is its own kettle of fish

How has The Fallen World not been eaten by the Abyss? Or did it and there is just a bunch of nonsensical beings in reality that are fucking everything up?

Do the Exarchs want to make connections again so they can rule over the Fallen? Has Gate showed up again and started fucking with things?

Did any Mages manage to create a 6th attainment after the connections were lost and cross the threshold?
>>
>>54043405
Training manual for something filled with weird and stupid advice, but that somehow ends up working out by sheer dumb luck if tried, though never without some collateral damage.
>>
>>54057119
It's a Demon game and it was mostly to keep the players from going "Well we'll just track down a Mage to do the thing!" and to preemptively stop the "Why didn't a Mage just do it?" shitposting if the campaign is good enough to greentext here.
The Abyss hasn't eaten everything because the God Machine has cocooned the Fallen World back in its Infrastructure. For the same reasons it's a bitch to get to the Hedge or the Underworld too.
>>
>>54057252
Gotcha. Though if you feel Mages would ruin a game by being in it you can just have Mages not be cannon

That does create an interesting problem for Saboteurs though: God Machine would be the only thing holding back the Abyss, effectively
>>
>>54042637
As punishment for your sins, the RPG Devil offers you the choice of a full chronicle of either M20 run by Phil "thrusting of my father's cock" Brucato or V5 run by Martin "full ass-rape stiffness" Ericsson.

The remaining players are fawning sycophants for their ST, and losing your cool means that time resets and you must endure a different but equally bad chroncile with them until you graduate.
>>
File: hades-fingergun.gif (287KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
hades-fingergun.gif
287KB, 500x249px
>>54057377
V5. I can manipulate the shit ouit of that.

'Cause I'd punch My-legal-name-is-fucking-Satyros over and over and over again. Plus I fucking hate Mage.
>>
>>54057377
M20. While Phil is a douche, he at least knows the setting to a degree, while Elricson is a filthy LARPer
>>
>>54057377
M20, I would be the most insufferable edgelord hipster trash to ever plague the earth and they would love it.
>>
>>54057377
M20, I would play a cool, collected Technocrat sympathiser, and hope to drive them all mad and/or get kicked out of the group.

I would also continually ask casual, yet probing questions about the Magic system, and hope to irritate Phil with how shitty his system is.
>>
>>54057036

I realized them being a thing is new but i've hardly seen them mentioned except in regard to cutting off rapist's weewees or shutting their cunts in book of secrets
>>
>>54058471
Because M20 is very slowly in going forward
>>
I gotta wonder about their video game splat choice. Werewolves, as written, aren't really sympathetic.

Honestly, give me a Mage game about a Hedge Mage or Psychic who awakens at the climax of the game as opposed to Dogfucker: the Yiffpocalypse with it's "humanity sux and accomplishments rape our earth mother" barf.
>>
Are any of the By Night Studios MET books in the megas? I might just be retarded but if they are , what category are they under?
>>
>>54058691
Problem being, Mages area hard to do justice from a game design point of view.
Meanwhile Werewolf the Murderyiffing would be fairly simple.
>>
>>54058790
The only mega that had at least the Masquerade one is down. The sidelink is here:

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1428859138

Apocalypse is here:
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/535905/Minds_Eye_Theatre_Werewolf_The_Apocalypse_%2810312875%29.pdf
>>
>>54059014
And here's the pregen adventure Pickering Lythe by Night.

http://www.uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1498697790
>>
>>54059014
>>54059240
Thanks!
>>
>>54057377
>the RPG Devil offers you the choice
>SatyrDouche
>SwedeDracula

That's a choice between suffering and death or suffering and death.

However, I would play a caucasian, cis hetero, politically conservative, American, Zionist, male, Trump voting, Make Magic Great Again classically orthodox member of the Order of Hermes who refuses to stop using the old argot and still refers to other Traditions as Dreamspeaker, Sons of Ether, Euthanatos, Cult of Ecstasy, etc.
>>
>>54056883
>So aside from the obvious bait, why did Mages kill off the Uratha?

It wasn't their intent. The Seers made eleven separate moon-bases on the moon and Luna wasn't very pleased. The same Archmage ended up enslaving Luna so as to control the moon itself.

The Uratha of course tried to rally against such a shift in power. They failed of course.
>>
>>54056202
>>54059322
>God machine
>Luna
>both actual gods
>beaten by wizards
This shouldn't happen

Leave it to magefags to make up the worst possible headcanon
>>
>>54059403
>both actual gods
>beaten by wizards
>This shouldn't happen
>Leave it to magefags to make up the worst possible headcanon

>Read Imperial Mysteries
>>
>>54059403
Mages have beaten gods before, such as the Mother of Fire, a rank 8 spirit god of the same status as Luna.

The Archmage enslaved Luna because of her Influence, having total control of the moon, they terraformed it for their own personal gain.

Each of the eleven moon-bases representing a different Exarch, the eleventh being the Gate.

The Pentacle having gone extinct, my players were exclusively Seers.
>>
>>54048836
Difficult enough I'd honestly consider just waiting for scion 2e
>>
>>54052178
I love when weaboos get called on their bullshit and get all self-righteous and defensive.
>>
>>54056202
>>54059322
>>54059460
Sounds like a cool setting

Archmaster forcing Luna to terraform the moon is pretty creative
>>
File: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusting.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>54059460
>Speaking of the Gate
>>
>>54059546
>cool setting
Except it's jst not

Why bother giving players power like this when there just going to use it to fuck over other peoples favorite games? some beings shouldn't be able to beat.

Yes I'm talking about Luna and the machine
>>
>>54053171
Oh christ. I really should just swear it off and never touch it but its like a train wreck I can't look away from. I know I'm going to read the books when they come out just to see how horribly they handle it.
>>
>>54059587
Oh cry me a river. It's his Chronicle, not yours.

>some beings shouldn't be able to beat
Oh boo hoo~. He utilized Archmages, deploying actual mechanics to beat the 'supposedly' unbeatable.
>>
>>54056202
>enslaving changelings.
That sounds like just about the shittiest idea ever. Clarity would be a bitch to keep up.
>>
>>54059631
>>54059587
The Imperial Mysteries book actually mentions a lot of stuff similar to what happens in his Chronicle.

Exterminating another splat [specifically Yiffs] is even given as an example of a great task to set before yourself to help with your eventual Ascension.
>>
QUICK WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE rare bloodline in VtM
>>
>>54053171
Oh christ. Wanna bet they even throw in some sort of Trump analog in as U.S. President so their American SJW writers can inject their partisan politics in with reckless abandon too?
>>
>>54059698
At risk of starting more apparent drama in the thread, I will add that they only enslaved Changelings due to the process of creating them.

The Gentry, in order to survive an eventual onslaught on Arcadia, made an agreement with the Seers to produce as many Changelings they so required, for petty selfish reasons obviously.

It sounds wrong, but Arcadia in my future setting was a slave factory. The Vampires having a similar fate, being forced to Embrace others.
>>
File: f09.png (869KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
f09.png
869KB, 600x802px
>>54059403
>>
>>54059769
I'm crossing my fingers they have enough presence of mind to not make something THAT heavy handed, but I'm super nervous about it. For all we know it really could get that bad.
>>
>>54059746
I shamelessly like the True Bruja. Because I'm a filthy JoJofag and want to use ZA WARUDO in V:tM
>>
>>54053287
Do they have Malcolm Sheppard and Phil Brucato writing for Vampire now?
>>
File: Fakenews.png (543KB, 616x504px) Image search: [Google]
Fakenews.png
543KB, 616x504px
>>54059819
>>54059769
WE WILL BUILD A BIG BEAUTIFUL GAUNTLET.

>reusing semi-relevant pic
>>
>>54059798
I'm not even talking about it from a moral standpoint, I'm just saying a low Clarity Changeling sounds like a terrible slave.
>>
>>54059819
You expect too much from them. This is the IP that gave us Beast and the mobile games. It'll be that bad and worse.
>>
>>54056202
>>54059322
>>54059460
>>54059798

>Mage Supremacy: The Game

10/10
>>
>>54059746
Assamite (Sorcerer)

Although I never like Assamites, their combination of disciplines just grabs me by the balls. Like I'm literally playing a Tremere in another game that took the XP loss to pick up both Quietus and Obfuscate out-of-clan. Assamite Sorcerer just wouldn't have been appropriate to play in the game.
>>
Maybe shut the fuck up all of you? Why do you think we all hate mage? its craps all over the others not just the players.

Arch mages was a big mistake

mages can't even take on every other splat at once so it's impossible
>>
>>54058807

Hence Hedge mages.

I think the reason for Vampire's popularity is that it lacks the problems of the other two gamelines - Compared to the Camarilla, Werewolves are Despicable and Mages are Incomprehensible.
>>
>>54059943
>mages can't even take on every other splat at once so it's impossible

>t. butthurt vampfag
>>
File: 1497157850453.png (63KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1497157850453.png
63KB, 592x492px
>>54059943
>mages can't even take on every other splat at once so it's impossible
Quick question, have you ever read a mage book?
>>
>>54059746

Kiasyd. Chanjlin Ward is LOL.
>>
>>54059943
Literally possible for an Archmage to destroy the world. Its not even hard, its just that other Archmages will get butthurt and un-destroy the world if you do,
>>
>>54059943
You're either an angry little autist

Or a false flagging magefaggot
>>
>>54059943
>Why do you think we all hate mage?
Because you're a bunch of little babies.
>>
>>54055358
I have a sinking suspicion we're supposed to be a bunch of antifa faggots because the poorly educated, misled pawns of leninist radicals, duped into thinking they are k3wl anarchists are the REAL HEROES of this millenium!!!! BASH THE FASH! (everyone who I don't like or who I am told I don't like is a fascist nazi republican racist who disapproves of my gender of the moment!)
>>
File: 1498701268944.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1498701268944.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
Is this a good explanation for why a starting character has 5 Weaponry dots?
>>
File: carl.gif (98KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
carl.gif
98KB, 500x281px
Magefags are total asshats, discarding every conceivable pretense just to take massive magical dumps over every non-Mager.

Yet most every non-Mager I see on here is a screaming pile of autism. Is it any wonder why you're such easy targets to them?
The above homebrew anon wasn't even boasting about anything, and you fucking lose it.
>>
>>54060113
As much as I wish you weren't right, that's probably exactly what they're intending.
>>
>>54059322
How did the Archmage get a chance to do that without breaking the Pax? Exarchs back him fully or something? Because short of that trying to enslave Luna with Archmagic, basically the only way you can do it, is a fool's errand
>>
>>54060154
We are all terrible people and deserve everything OPP/WW do to us.
>>
>>54059460
>There's a moonbase dedicated to Gate

ExtremeWorry.jpg
>>
>>54060189
The Pax Arcana eventually turned over to major Exarch bias.

That's all I will say. I feel bad for posting this now.
>>
>>54060133
Gwenpool is cute and my waifu
Forget this dumb splat war talk post waifus
>>
>>54060189
Its a hypothetical "The Masquerade Breaks" campaign. Those tend to ignore or patch over most of the usual justifications for why things like that DON'T happen.

Its like Time of Judgment for his campaign, the answer is don't think about it.
>>
>>54060242
>I feel bad for posting this now.

You ruined this thread, you SHOULD feel bad.
>>
>>54059698
>>54056202
>enslaving changelings.

Changelings make great slaves, they're already broken and understand the expectations of servitude. They are far more trainable, albeit less useful overall, than werewolves. Vampires makes terrible slaves since the hours of activity are so short and the care and feeding requirements so onerous and inconvenient.
>>
>>54060257
See >>54060242

>>54060270
Isn't this a place to discuss games? He wasn't doing anything wrong.

You people flip the fuck out over anything Mage related, even when it's not minimally 'Mage Supremacy' related.
>>
>>54056435
>This is the one that got me. This is the one where I went 'Yup, the histrionics of anywhere that discussed the playtest are REAL DUMB.' The fact they had to EXPLAIN WHAT A FUCKING CLUB KID is.

Is learning Swedish slang a requirement to understand the V5 setting?
>>
>>54059460
>>54060218
>moonbase dedicated to Gate

Indeed, what could go wrong...?
>>
>>54060154
Where's that one extended version of the Autistic Screeching image when you need it...

The vampfags are extremely oversensitively autistic. There's no two ways about it. The slightest provocation upsets them.

The magefags know this, and go after it, every possible chance. They reach for that low-hanging fruit with fucking euphoric levels of enthusiasm.

So it's like having a flower vase in your living room that tips over easily, which it shouldn't but that's what you have to work with, and that one asshole friend comes over and tips it over every time he visits, on purpose, just to show you that it tips over too easily. We fucking get it, Mark. Let us get on with the movie.
>>
>>54060300
Stop backing him up, you fucking cunt.

Magefags should be barred from here.
>>
>>54060293
As much as I disapprove of Changeling Slavery on a moral level they are also probably the easiest slaves to keep working for you. Just give them a bit of affection and decent conditions and they'll wrap themselves around your finger.
>>
>>54060325
'Club kid' is hardly swedish slang, dude.
>>
File: Mage Supremacy.jpg (98KB, 591x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Supremacy.jpg
98KB, 591x1017px
>>54060346
>>
>>54060242
>I feel bad for posting this now.

Meh, you were just sharing your setting, not demanding anyone adopt it, no less criticizing anyone else.

Compared to some of the other autistic homebrew crap we've seen around here, you ideas are just fine.
>>
>>54060252
I want a big buff brown lady to tenderly cuddle me.
>>
>>54060397
Where do you live? I've never heard it before.
>>
>>54060441
This would make a great Gentry.
>>
>>54060341
>moonbase dedicated to Gate
>Indeed, what could go wrong...?

Abyss-possessed Idigam

>Shudder<
>>
>>54060461
What are you, like, 12? Though I suppose it's more of a slang if you go out dancing and such in techno/rave circles.
>>
>>54060360
>As much as I disapprove of Changeling Slavery on a moral level

You must be one of those bleeding heart Libertines?

I bet you even believe that sleepers and non-supernal supernaturals are actually "people."
>>
>>54057377
Please, let me be the first to correct you. Phil Bruccato is an outdated nomenclature for the creative spirit behind the living works widely regarded as White Wolf's and OPP's finest publications, Mage: the Ascension Second Edition and Revised, and 20th Anniversary, and many other fine works in those lines. He has ascended beyond mundanity, and the convention of being shackled with the labels and rules thrust upon him by society and his parents, and arisen as Satyros.

Please address him properly, with the appropriate respect, and dare I say, reverence, when referencing him in the future.

Namaste, and Blessed Be!
>>
>>54060486
Or maybe it just isn't as common as you think it is.
>>
>>54060486
>What are you, like, 12? Though I suppose it's more of a slang if you go out dancing and such in techno/rave circles.

Those of us who've been fans of WW games since they were first released in the early 1990's are generally far too busy with family, work and other mature pursuits to be part of the techno/rave culture, no less know its slang.

Don't forget that we methuselahs gamers are a large part of the target audience for V5 if for no other reason that we have the disposable income to actually afford it and supplements (V$).
>>
>>54060473
.... christ on skates didn't even think of that. Abyssal Parasite that hijacks spirits latches onto an Idigam would be horrifying.
>>
>>54060600
>christ on skates

What's Jesus doing on the moon?

Your setting is real trippy.
>>
>>54058691
But they're Native American and Deeply Spiritual! If you don't find them sympathetic, you are clearly a white male.

(And despite being the core demographic of ever fucking white wolf line, you are a fucking piece of shit you straight, fucking piece of hateful shit. Go fuck yourself, hit your penis with a hammer or staplegun or something and reread an entire book filled with demeaning propagandistic sidebars to continue your reeducation please, shitman)
>>
>>54060154
I'm pretty sure the only real reason people hate Mage is because they're potentially stronger than anything else by design.

The "they ruin other splat themes" excuse is just that, an excuse.
>>
>>54060402

My main complaint is that the Pentacle is hard coded into reality and the Seers aren't.

Lack of a Pentad Resistance just seems, well, unexciting.

>>54060561
>Namaste, and Blessed Be!

BAAAAAAARRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFF

Why is all the hippy mystical new age bullshit a part of Ascension and not Awakening?

I never used seekings, avatars, reincarnation, et al because I felt like they detracted from the existential nature of ascension. Awakening, OTOH, seems like such things should be a part of it with all it's symbolic Joycean garbage.
>>
File: 71-120117124121.jpg (150KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
71-120117124121.jpg
150KB, 500x750px
>>54060252
I want an adorable edgy goth wife who makes costumes and LARPs, and thinks the darkness of her soul is super serious business!
>>
>>54060630
>But they're Native American and Deeply Spiritual!

Three words: Get of Fenris

>And despite being the core demographic of ever fucking white wolf line, you are a fucking piece of shit you straight, fucking piece of hateful shit. Go fuck yourself, hit your penis with a hammer or staplegun or something and reread an entire book filled with demeaning propagandistic sidebars to continue your reeducation please, shitman

>Beast: The Primordial fan
>probably loves posting on rpg.net and tumblr
>>
>>54060660
>implying a seer archmage can't remove those codes
>>
>>54060561
>arisen as Satyros

And descended to SatyrDouche
>>
>>54060650
Bullshit, they ruin everything because they supersede every fucking conflict when others are involved.
>>
>>54060596
I guess it's just me. The joy of having a photographic memory for non-important shit.
>>
>>54060625
You see, Jesus is what you get when an Idigam claims the purviews of a number of a number of spirits that were taking advantage of that whole "Hebrew" religion, then possesses a random boy with some weird parents
>>
>>54060630
I've never heard this perspective that Werewolf's hilariously offensive misuse and rewriting of native cultures in the game and setting was ALSO super offensive to white people. Who is this actually enjoyable to?

Wait, don't answer. The follow-up question: Why are furries willing to tolerate literally any amount of garbage to get the crudest scrap of humanoid-animal content from anything? They pay big bucks and dedicate all their time to furry material but somehow never inspire anyone, or themselves, to do their shit with quality?
>>
>>54060716
>they supersede every fucking conflict when others are involved.

How? Mages are arguably better for crossover than Beasts.
>>
>>54060630
The whole "Muh pseudo Native American culture" thing is one of the bigger reasons I hate Apocalypse, just behind the hippy nonsense.
Similar note, the fact that the noblest and savagest faction is called the Wendigo of all things bothers me alot more then it has any right to.
>"What should we call our devout Catholic order?" "How about The Satans?" "Brilliant."
>>
>>54060739
>Jesus is what you get when an Idigam claims the purviews of a number of a number of spirits that were taking advantage of that whole "Hebrew" religion, then possesses a random boy with some weird parents

Christianity is an Abyss-tainted mystery cult that worships an Idigam?

Yep, that about sums up most WW writers' views of Abrahamic religion.
>>
>>54060800
>Muh pseudo Native American culture" thing is one of the bigger reasons I hate Apocalypse, just behind the hippy nonsense

Don't forget about the implicit condoning of ecoterrorism.
>>
File: 20170110_233402.png (167KB, 331x402px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_233402.png
167KB, 331x402px
Suggestions for a toreador in 1970s-90s london?
>>
>>54060854
That's part of the hippy nonsense
>>
File: DaveB Archmage Christianity.png (49KB, 1554x350px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB Archmage Christianity.png
49KB, 1554x350px
>>54060739
>>54060838

Don't forget that according to Imperial Mysteries, the spread of Christianity is the result of a mistake by an Archmage, a mistake which he promises to eventually correct.
>>
>>54060908
>the spread of Christianity is the result of a mistake by an Archmage
That horrid bastard

>a mistake which he promises to eventually correct
He probably won't
>>
>>54060133
Given this is Marvel, sword training against potential mugging isn't a bad idea. It might just work out
>>
>>54042637
I want to GM a mortal story for some friends who've never played anything before, and instead of making them come up with characters and read through countless pages, I want to have them choose from a couple of archetypes, like their role in the story.

So I was wondering, what is a must for a balanced party?

>The Brain
>The Muscle
>The one with knowledge of the Occult,
>The Charm

??? any suggestions ???
>>
>>54060988
sounds like the A-Team
>>
File: 314.jpg (69KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
314.jpg
69KB, 625x626px
>>54059943
>>
File: gae bait.png (129KB, 1416x1078px) Image search: [Google]
gae bait.png
129KB, 1416x1078px
>>54061066
>>
>>54060854
Oh no is a World of Darkness book telling you that being a bad guy or a needlessly edgy antihero is okay again? You should probably burn that book son.
>>
>>54061057

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6kEsloMdE
>>
File: Sensible Chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>54061107
>>
Bill Cipher (Gravity Falls)
Vices: Pride, Greed
Keys: Conspiracies, Cults
Malapraxis: Overseer Of Ruinous Secrecy
Attributes: Power: 12, Finesse: 14, Resistance: 12
Willpower: 10
Maximum Essence/Per Turn: 50/15
Initiative: 13
Defense: 10
Speed: 36
Size: 4
Corpus: 16
Influences: Secrecy 3, Desire 2
Ban 1: Bill Cipher can only use Influences or Numina as part of a bargain.
Ban 2: Bill Cipher must perform one at least one act of bizarre or cruel humor whenever he appears.
Bane: Unicorn Hair
Demonic Powers: Corruption, Dragon’s Tongue, Lord Of Lies, Keeper Of Secrets, Soul Of Sin
Manifestations: Twilight Form, Image, Possess, Fetter, Unfetter, Claim, Reaching
Numina: Create Pact, Far Sight, Hallucination, Host Jump, Implant Mission, Occult Sight, Mortal Mask, Perfect Lie, Sign, Telepathy, Telekinesis, Price Of Power x 1
>>
>>54060293
>>54060360
Low Clarity Changelings have trouble telling reality from fantasy and can manifest extreme psychological abnormalities. Unless you're planning to strip them down using the Mind Arcanum and turn them into meat robots than they would be a pain to deal with.
>>
>>54059857
This is the dude's magical realm setting. He's probably talking about his ubermages' weird quirky qt3.14 waifu slaves.
>>
>>54060797
Mages are only good for crossovers if everyone is fine playing BMX Bandit and Angel Summoner. Don't get me wrong, its fine if you're not the kind to get bothered by being Krillan, but to an unprepared group it will probably end poorly.
>>
>>54060838
Hey, I never said Abyss tainted, just the result of an insane, mutant spirit
>>
>>54060630
>Not playing a Bone Gnawer and binding spirits to actual trash
>>
>>54060908
My main problem with this is Mithraism never would have become the biggest religion in the world unless it underwent a lot of changes. It just doesn't offer much to the common man.
>>
Another thread ruined by magefags

Why do you even support them?
>>
File: Komodo Dragon 1.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo Dragon 1.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>>54061379
>Another thread ruined by magefags
>Why do you even support them?

Stop complaining and yield to your betters.
>>
>>54061363
It was probably put there by another archmage. Would you even know about previous revisions if you only became an archmage after they were made? You'd be part of them.
>>
>>54060988
>>54061057
No one else?
>>
I kinda want to support vampire 5th edition even though its trash because of how mad Swedracula is making people.

These answers are so edgy you can practically taste the 90s.

>Q: Why is Amelina a pedophile?
>A: She’s not. She has an obsession with young (recently embraced) Kindred and a feeding restriction that forces her to feed from children and young teens.

>Q: Why did you use the term “triggered” to describe someone easily offended on ideological grounds?
>A: Because that is the common usage of the term in everyday language, no disrespect intended.
>>
>>54061559
It's like they're making people mad on purpose, but then *actually* said Kuei-jin and Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom aren't being done anymore, so I don't know if they think they should be dumping stupid baggage or are just super grudging about it.
>>
>>54060397
It's more an urban thing, I think in suburbia and rural towns, well, there isn't all that much of a club scene. Also I'd imagine Utah everywhere.
>>
>>54061166
Well then depending on how wasteful you wanna be you either take some time to fortify their minds, perhaps imbued items to boost their breaking point rolls

Of course, the other option is just disposal of the Ling when its no longer useful, but let me at least cling to something feel good damn it
>>
>>54061683
... this post's grammar is why you delete all and start over again when you walk away from a computer for 5+ minutes before you post
>>
>>54060770
>I've never heard this perspective that Werewolf's hilariously offensive misuse and rewriting of native cultures in the game and setting was ALSO super offensive to white people. Who is this actually enjoyable to?

The writers. Isn't it obvious how intellectually maturbatory the whole thing is for them. It's just so fucking awful to see as one reads it. I am loathe to say, but the whole Werewolf the Apocalypse line almost... almost... makes me think that there are some cases where the idea that cultural appropriation can have an offensive aspect holds a hint of validity, and that makes me fucking sick.
>>
>>54060679

well clearly they cant or they would have by now. Or at least added their ministry to reality. Perhaps the very hardware and structure of reality is pentacle, no matter what the code says.

But such metaphysics are awfully ascensionesque.

Ascension and awakening have some interesting detours from reality at the heart of both games.

In Ascension, things that are objective (science) are actually subjective; whereas in Awakening, things that are subjective (symbols) are objective. Somehow. I'm not sure how it works, it just does.
>>
>>54061750
The worst thing is being a Werewolf the Apocalypse fan and having to acknowledge all the dumb shit. Which is why I basically have an entire rewrite of Werewolf's lore that I pretend is cannon
>>
>>54061762
>well clearly they cant or they would have by now

They absolutely can! The Pax is a thing, however.
>>
>>54060800
I know, right? I wanted to throw the book when I read the Wendigo description - it's just mind bogglingly ridiculous, and a WASTE of a truly great piece of horror folklore too.
>>
>>54061617
KEK wasn't actually that bad compared to KotE

>>54061750
The whole thing about Werewolf is that it delves into self parody frequently, because some of it's authors are actually self-aware of how stupid it can get.

>>54061802
So why can't they add their ministries in spite of the pax? Pentacle's already in, it only seems fair. Unless the very structure of reality that supports the existence of a supernal is based on pentacle principles, leaving the ministries SoL.
>>
>>54061762
No, I think its worse than that.

In Awakening there is the illusion of a set of symbols being objective, but the Abyss proves them to be non-objective by literally being a collection of all the symbols with directly contradictory meanings.

The inclusion of The Abyss technically makes Awakening more nihilistic than Ascension and its consensual reality
>>
>>54061844
The Pax is fucked, mate. It's a cold war on a cosmic scale, things aren't supposed to make sense or be fair.

Archmages, in theory and potential, can do whatever the fuck they want. That's kind of the point. It's just not easy to work up to it, or to get on the good graces of your peers.
>>
>>54061848
I've always asserted that Mage is an Absurdist game.
>>
>>54061873

I'm talking about the hardware, the structure that lets mages do and be magic, that fucking with would ruin magic itself and all it's meaning, is built on the principles of the pentacle.

So erasing the pentacle means erasing the system existence runs on. Not even the Exarchs would risk that.
>>
>>54061940
>>
>>54061941
The Pentacle is the name pertaining both the Free Council and the Diamond (the four Orders)

I think you're confusing the Arcana and the Oracles/Watchtowers with something else.
>>
>>54061844
No, see, The Pax is a bigger thing that people realize. Its literally the only thing keeping EVERYTHING from falling apart for multiple reasons

First off you have the fact that anything done on Archmage tier effects have ripple effects that go far beyond what most beings are capable of understanding. Literally. You can't build a computing system of any kind via any method from within a computing system that can comprehend the entirety of the system within it also being the entirety of the system. When stuff that involves The Pax Arcana happens shit goes sideways in ways you can't even comprehend without a knowing spell of a Potency exactly 1 higher than is mathematically possible.

Second, we have to remember that The Pax is applicable to literally every being on tier with Archmages, meaning any rank 6+ being, from Truefae from the deepest parts of Arcadia to Luna and Helios and Gaia. And despite what /tg/ likes to think, those beings are incredibly potent as they have their entire Purview as an Arcana of their Rank. This means that Luna can literally, on a whim, turn every person who ever was insane with the worst case of any mental disorder that anyone has ever observed, or worse, if it wasn't for The Pax. Or make the entirety of earth into Wolfblooded that lose any semblance of a connection to The Supernal, even if they were already a Mage, if it wasn't for The Pax.

Their are no beings who can ignore The Pax who are not either Rank or Arcana 10, but at that point its so questionable whether they will ever actually do it because by nature of being Rank/Arcana 10 all their desires are probably fulfilled already without them having to consciously exert power, so even then they often only act when its been broken and that is to undo the offending effect and punish (usually via deletion) the violator of the Pax.

The Pax is literally the only thing keeping the world of darkness as is, and that is because the only other option is mutually assured chaos.
>>
>>54046110
I ran almost the exact same game last year.
>>
>>54060770
Ironclaw is actually a really good game, aside from the terrible art. If it had more of the fun medieval marginalia pieces and less of the DA-tier furshit it would be widely recommended on /tg/ during the rare Mouseguard/Redwall threads.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.