[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys ever play this? Me and a friend are trying to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mekton-z.jpg (112KB, 599x159px) Image search: [Google]
mekton-z.jpg
112KB, 599x159px
You guys ever play this? Me and a friend are trying to get into it and are having some issues, specifically with Mekton Zeta Plus.

Active shields parry automatically once a turn, but can they parry again afterwards?

Is Damage Coefficient overpowered?

Do you like this game? Any rule changes you made?
>>
>>54028265

I liked the campaing we were playing. System was garbage. Dexterity is God-stat. you one shot enemies because you bypass mech's armor with any roll that is 10+higher that your enemy defense roll.
>>
>>54031195

Also having multiple locations with 2 different health bars is a hassle. Humanoid mechs have 6 locations. Taking care of only one mech as a player doesn't seem a problem at a start. At the end of the campaign we had a battle where we as a players had around 10 allies with enemies having equal fighting force.

It took us 24 hours to finish that battle over 2 sessions. 2nd session was 18 hours long before we refused to once again make photos of battlemap and keep all sheets with heath, dmg etc.

My suggestion is to try some other system if you want to play mech campaign. As i said if the campaign wasn't really good we would probably quit half-way through.
>>
>>54028265
Active shields automatically party once a turn, and that's it.

Anyone who claims the system is slow and/or clunky just doesn't know the system well enough and is doing it wrong. The game gives you the tools to speed things up, but they refuse to use them for some reason that eludes me.
>>
>>54028265
GREAT for building mechs with all the nutts and bolts

not so great for actually playing a game
>>
Try Battle Century G.

Or Chris Perrin's Mecha

Or Heavy Gear.

Or something. Most of your alternatives are actually easier to work with for doing an actual game. And this is coming from somebody who actually likes Mekton Z
>>
>>54031294
>>54032646
>>54032832
I'm pretty enamored with the building system and how much variety is has. But me and a friend designed two mechs under 300 CP and it seems kind of busted because I can't hit him and he can't damage me.

Are there any specifics to speed up the system or modifications to make? Also the Character stats feel a bit off, I think the game needs some number adjustments but I'm new to it.
>>
>>54028265
Active shields can parry indefinitely until they're destroyed once per turn, and if I'm not mistaken they only parry the first hit of a bust-fire shot.

DC is laughably worthless unless you set some limitations on mek building, imo. A 20-kill missile costs a mere 2 CP, while a 20-kill sword costs only 10, enough to cleave through any defenses.

Depending on your interest in power scale, I usually start with less CP. It makes every point count and really hampers trying to stack OP multipliers. My down-to-earth modern game started with 50 CP per mek, meanwhile my future space game I'm giving 150.

Remember the armor piercing rules that apply with solid hits, and also that any hit 5 or over if I remember correctly allows you to choose a chart to attack, thus increasing chances of a crippling cinematic hit or devestating power plant explosion.

As for rule changes, use 2d6 instead of 1d10. It gives a greater variance and bell curve without making a 1, 5 and 10 have equal chances of happening. And personally, I make Luck able to be used AFTER a result is rolled, AND make it add directly to the dice result, allowing you to force crits or circumvent critfails. Great for heroic moments.

If you're playing online, I'm the asshole that spent two weeks making the automatic calculating mekton spreadsheet.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.